PDA

View Full Version : If you were thinking whether you should get the digital versions of the books...

caltino
2015-11-11, 10:23 PM
I had downloaded every single strip from the website and put them in a .cbr format so I could read them on my ipad. Very fun. I just bought the Dungeon Crawlin' Fools as a PDF from Gumroad to support OotS and boy, it's like going to HDTV from regular TV.

I have some of the printed books too, but this is so good. In landscape on the ipad, you get so much closer to everything, so clear compared to the books. I highly recommend it. Everything is so sharp, I am reading the strips just awed. The text is sharp too, and it surprised me how much more pleasurable it is to read it that way.

And this is the first so many strips- I can't imagine how good the upgraded art will look, if we ever get them in digital format.

I hope we do- it would be such as shame form them to stay limited at the website resolution and format. I hope in 10 years my son will read them and enjoy them as I did. I would love it if he would have the scalable format in his hands.

Holiday season is coming- make it a part of your gift package. Speaking of that; Rich, is there any way we can get another book released in PDF as a Christmas gift to the community?

JenBurdoo
2015-11-11, 11:40 PM
I have all the books in dead-tree format -- I'd like to read the retrospective essay, but would rather not get the whole book just for that.

caltino
2015-11-12, 01:01 AM
I have all the books in dead-tree format -- I'd like to read the retrospective essay, but would rather not get the whole book just for that.

The entire point of my post was that you are getting much more than just the essay.

137beth
2015-11-13, 01:22 AM
For me, the updated commentary was the best part. However, I still greatly appreciate having the rest of it. I like that I can reference the (non-updated) commentary even when I am not in front of my physical books, and I like being able to search the text of the speech bubbles. And, frankly, I just like the PDF format more than print.