PDA

View Full Version : Spell question

Rowan Intheback
2007-05-30, 12:34 PM
Is there any spell that temporarily changes your alignment? So a true nuetral caster could take better advantage of the "summon aspect of bahamut" or "become aspect of the platinum dragon" spells?

Thank you oh dudes who know way more than I do.

Jasdoif
2007-05-30, 12:40 PM
Not that I know of, although I'm behind on supplements these days.

If you're casting the spell from a scroll or similar, though, you could make a Use Magic Device check to emulate another alignment.

Rowan Intheback
2007-05-30, 12:47 PM
Not that I know of, although I'm behind on supplements these days.

If you're casting the spell from a scroll or similar, though, you could make a Use Magic Device check to emulate another alignment.

Now there's an idea thanks!

Roderick_BR
2007-05-30, 01:43 PM
There are magic itens like Helm of Opposite Alignment, but these actually changes the character's alignment. The character is likely to keep the new alignment, or suffer the normal XP penalties to "change" back to his previous alignment.

Rincewind
2007-05-30, 01:44 PM
Is there any spell that temporarily changes your alignment? So a true nuetral caster could take better advantage of the "summon aspect of bahamut" or "become aspect of the platinum dragon" spells?

Thank you oh dudes who know way more than I do.

H'yup, there is a spell that changes alignment temporarily.

Skjaldbakka
2007-05-30, 01:47 PM
There is?

And why would anyone cast such a spell? Alignment is part of who you are. Casting a spell to fundamentally change you very being to get a mechanical being is like nachos.

Amiria
2007-05-30, 02:55 PM
The spell Morality Undone changes the subject's alignment temporarily to evil. It is in the Fiendish Codex I, originally in the 3.0 Book of Vile Darkness.

Rowan Intheback
2007-05-30, 03:11 PM
The spell Morality Undone changes the subject's alignment temporarily to evil. It is in the Fiendish Codex I, originally in the 3.0 Book of Vile Darkness.

hmmm... that could be useful but there are no spells I want that require the evil alignment at the moment. But I'll keep that in mind.

Rincewind I'll take it for granted that you are not as lovable incompetent as the "wizzard" you so brilliantly reference. What spell are you talking about?

Skjaldbakka if I had the spell I could shift alignments without permanently changing my character. Summoning and then turning into the physical manifestation of the god of dragons would be really useful not to mention really cool. And I think that making my true neutral character turn good for short periods of time would be fun to role play.

DraPrime
2007-05-30, 03:32 PM
Is it possible to use this spell on others? I'd love to screw over paladins with this thing.