PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Star Wars classes.. in Pathfinder.

Fii
2015-11-12, 03:36 AM
I wanted to make a Twi'lek Consular.
Using the race builder I have constructed the Twi'lek:

[Cost 0] Twi'lek Humanoid(Twi'lek)
[Cost 0] Size: Medium
[Cost 0] Spd: 30ft.
[Cost 0] Standard: +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Str (I debated on Con, but ultimately chose Str)
[Cost 1] Linguist: Common, Ryl, may learn any language as a bonus language.
[Cost 2] Gift of Tongues: double language per point in linguistics, +1 Bluff and Diplomacy.
[Cost 3] Silver Tongued: +2 Bluff, Diplomacy, and may improve the attitude of a target by 3 steps instead of 2.
[Cost 1] Object of Desire: +1 CL on charm person and charm monster spells.
[Cost 1] Skill Training: Diplomacy and Perform(Dance) are always class skills.
[Cost 1] Seducer: +1 to save DCs for enchantment school abilities. If wisdom 15+, 1/day—charm person CL of their level.

I used 5 traits, I am not sure if that is alright or not either. Anyway, the total RP cost is 10.
I'm trying to make a consular, but I need a system that's consistent for any star wars class. I considered, strongly, that the psion may be a consular and the psionic warrior may be a jedi and the wilder a sith, but aside from a mere weapon proficiency exchange, I found a few issues.

Although psionics comes closest to representing the force, it doesn't have the feel of the force. The force is supposed to be split into three parts according to Jedi training: Control, Sense, and Alter. These disciplines- Control, Sense, and Alter- seem to me to fit Wis more than Int. Control is about self mastery, and is akin to the monk in that way. "One of the most well known side-effects of mastering the discipline of Control was prolonged life and the avoidance of decay." -Starwars Wiki (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_power) Sense heightens the senses, which seems to me a Wis thing as well, given that perception is a wis based skill. Alter seems to be Int based, given it governs telekinesis, affect mind, etc. The thing is, Jedi aren't supposed to master one of these categories, they are supposed to have access to all three (but not all possible powers). That would make for a split-stat psion caster, and I don't know how to go about making it. I was thinking of replacing the psion schools with just those 3 categories, and giving a power point pool, but having bonus power points given between the 3 categories. The standard power point pool would be freely usable for any of the 3 categories, but Control and Sense would use Wis, and give bonus pool points for use ONLY for Control or Sense powers, and Alter would use Int and give bonus pool points usable only for Alter powers.

ANOTHER idea I had was to split it so that each one was governed by a different mental stat, and that they could add their mods together ONLY for the purpose of bonus power points (to make up for it being very MAD). Even if I chose that route, I'm not sure that Control could be Cha based logically.

So basically.. Star Wars fans please help this young padawan and may the force be with you? ^_^

Xuldarinar
2015-11-12, 04:33 AM
Have you considered a kineticist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/kineticist), perhaps focusing on aether?
Force lightning could be emulated, being picked up later via expanded element (air) and gaining the electric blast.

The mesmerist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/mesmerist), on the other hand, could cover quite nicely their more subtle abilities (namely the mind trick).

As far a full caster to emulate the force, there is, of course, the psychic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/psychic).

Edit; to clairify, these may not be all you seek, but perhaps they could do better as inspiration or starting points than psionics. I rather present these to begin with rather than after things have been designed and deliberated over.

Fii
2015-11-12, 04:39 AM
Hm. Not a fan of the kineticist- the jedi believe in trying diplomacy first, and that doesn't too much fit a blaster.

Mesmerist definitely fits the diplomatic, non-lethal method.. but doesn't fully emulate the range of force abilities. Love the use of cha for a min/max standpoint given my choice of Twi'lek, but not sure if the force would at all use charisma.

Psychic also looks promising. I think I prefer the bab and saves of the mesmerist, though, given a consular is capable of combat.

Xuldarinar
2015-11-12, 04:49 AM
Well, I'd say (given my view) the dark side of the force would lean more on Charisma (Force of Will, emotion, ect.), where as the light side of the force would lean more on Wisdom (Strength of Will, control, ect.).

As far as the psychic goes, how about we begin there? I mean, if you'd prefer that blended having a greater emphasis on combat, you could go with a particular magus archetype (mindblade (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/mindblade-magus-archetype)), and personally i'd try to blend kineticist with mesmerist in an archetype, but lets think and come at this to get what you desire out of this.

Fii
2015-11-12, 04:55 AM
I agree with you about Dark Side cha, Light Side wis.
Here are my issues with psychic:

1: int based spellcasting.
2: poor bab, would prefer the hd and bab of a rogue, for example.
3: I think the psionic system works better for a force user.
4: I am not sure force users need full spell casting.

Do you have skype? It'd be faster to discuss this by voice I think.

Xuldarinar
2015-11-12, 12:44 PM
1. Casting stat can always be adjusted.
2. Most of the occult classes are average BaB, so perhaps one of those would work better as a frame.
3. Well, then perhaps this discussion of the psychic magics has been largely moot point. What of it do you think best emulates?
4. I don't think they do either, but it is an option.

I do possess Skype, and it would be faster, but I honestly do not feel up to using it for this end. I do apologize.

Ancalidormis
2015-12-02, 12:40 PM
Psion or Wilder comes the closest by far.
Focus on Clairsentience, Psychokinesis, Psychometabolism, and Telepathy for your 'force' powers.
Ive been converting powers into force powers for months now for a game i'm running.

umbrapolaris
2015-12-08, 06:28 AM
Jedi/Sith , Psychic Warriors with focused psionic power-list ?

remember ancient jedi/sith didn't use lightsaber but classic sword altered to focus the Force adding extra sharpness. (see Sith Swords)