PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for PC templates

CrispyKingPin
2015-11-12, 06:13 PM
So essentially my character wants the Highest STR you can get. I can already get about 26 at lvl 5, through rage and enlarge person. I'm a bloodrager.

Are there any templates that are not gamebreaking that can be acquired in game? Our DM enjoys templates and is okay with working with us to get them, he will simply chop levels off later to balance out the party. However If there aren't any that are a good single level adjustment then i'll just keep leveling my character into 11 bloodrager/9 dragon disciple.

Tuvarkz
2015-11-12, 06:17 PM
So essentially my character wants the Highest STR you can get. I can already get about 26 at lvl 5, through rage and enlarge person. I'm a bloodrager.

Are there any templates that are not gamebreaking that can be acquired in game? Our DM enjoys templates and is okay with working with us to get them, he will simply chop levels off later to balance out the party. However If there aren't any that are a good single level adjustment then i'll just keep leveling my character into 11 bloodrager/9 dragon disciple.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/graveknight-cr-2

Requires you to go evil, however.

meschlum
2015-11-13, 12:43 AM

How absurd do you want to go?

Someone wrote a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?352704-Templates-and-you) to templates, though it hasn't been updated in a while.

The simplest way to get high Strength is the Giant template for CR 1, or mixing that with Advanced or undeath at CR 2 (which gets reduced to costing one level over time). That gets you +8 to +14, depending.

If you just want to destroy the attribute curve, the solution is Lycanthropy. Going by the same source, at level 5, you get a +1 CR from being a Lycanthropic version of a CR 5 critter. That's a Dire Lion, for Strength 25 (effective +15?) or more. If you wait a few levels, you can do a bit better, but the great thing about being a Lycanthrope is that you only need to invest in mental attributes. The sad thing is that your animal form does not improve as you level - so it could be worthwhile to have a menagerie of were-critters, and become afflicted with ever improving forms.

Or become an Animal Lord, for even more attribute boosts.

JBarca
2015-11-13, 02:01 AM
"Mineral Warrior" is an acquired template (which it sounds like you need?) that gives a +2 Str. It's a pretty solid template on top of that. It can be granted via the spell Mineralize Warrior. Source is Underdark.

Otherwise... Check out the Half-Golem Template in MM (II or III... I'm AFB and can't remember). It's a very powerful template with several types available (Clay, Flesh, Iron). No LA listed, so it's up to the DM. I have a character who is now a Half-Clay Golem. It's... powerful, to say the least. Magic Immunity, plus immunity to slashing and piercing (magical or not), Berserk (basically Rage for free), a limited Haste effect, good (physical) ability score adjustments, and more. Great template, but definitely not for every campaign. Also kinda expensive. 60,000gp if I remember.

Mithril Leaf
2015-11-13, 02:29 AM
"Mineral Warrior" is an acquired template (which it sounds like you need?) that gives a +2 Str. It's a pretty solid template on top of that. It can be granted via the spell Mineralize Warrior. Source is Underdark.

Otherwise... Check out the Half-Golem Template in MM (II or III... I'm AFB and can't remember). It's a very powerful template with several types available (Clay, Flesh, Iron). No LA listed, so it's up to the DM. I have a character who is now a Half-Clay Golem. It's... powerful, to say the least. Magic Immunity, plus immunity to slashing and piercing (magical or not), Berserk (basically Rage for free), a limited Haste effect, good (physical) ability score adjustments, and more. Great template, but definitely not for every campaign. Also kinda expensive. 60,000gp if I remember.

May I ask you about the title of this thread friend?

JBarca
2015-11-13, 02:44 AM
May I ask you about the title of this thread friend?

Ah. Pathfinder. My apologies. Feel free to utterly disregard my previous post, then. :smallredface:

unseenmage
2015-11-13, 11:25 AM
Young + Advanced is the go to favorite in our group right now. The Advanced simple template is just that good.

The PFSRD has several 3rd party templates that are fantastic. Among them is the War Machine, though that does make you mindless.

Gargantuan will make you a super giant with Str mods to match. Massively increases your speed too.