PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Character Help

Lhurgyof
2015-11-12, 07:46 PM
Theory crafting and thinking up fun characters is quite a fun pastime for me.

Currently I am playing a Whisper Gnome Beguiler, looking to dip into Mindbender and then find his way to Shadowcraft Mage. While I don't plan on dying any time soon, I know this is certainly a possibility, so I have two other character concepts in mind, and I was hoping to have the playground help out.

Characters are currently level 4, so I'll build them from there but include where I want to take them in the future. Stats are "Point Buy" with 80 points. All stats start at 0 and the buy is on a one-to-one basis.

Azuk the Wanderer:

Male Half-Orc Mantled PsyWar 4
HD 4d10+8 (30 HP average)
Stats:

STR 18 (16+2 racial)
DEX 10
CON 14
INT 10 (12-2 racial)
WIS 19 (18+1 level 4)
CHA 8 (10-2 racial)

Feats:
1. Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bone Bow)
PsyWar 1. Point Blank Shot
PsyWar 2. Precise Shot
3. Zen Archery

Skills:
Autohypnosis +5 (7 rank + 4 Wis)
Concentration +9 (7 ranks + 2 Con)

Mantle: Freedom (+10' Movement Speed)
Powers:
1st- Call Item, Dimension Hop, Precognition, Defensive.
2nd- Perfect Archery.

Power Points: 13

I'm hoping to go Ballisteer with this build. There was a 3.5 conversion of the prestige class found here: Updated Ballisteer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?206244-3-5-psionic-PrC-Updating-the-Ballisteer)

Azuk was a master marksman and hunter of the Bonecrusher Orc clan. He had to prove his worth, being only half-orcish to his clan-mates. And this he did by saving his chieftain Zuk in the midst of a raid by slaying a human warrior who had disarmed Zuk. Having earned the tribe's respect he was given the name "Azuk," which translates from Orcish to common roughly as "Of Zuk" or "Son of Zuk." Then, in the coming years his strange powers would manifest. Azuk began to notice that he had strange abilities none of the other orcs had- and unlike the shaman of the tribe he didn't call on the spirits to guide his powers. They just worked. Azuk did all he could to hide this from his tribe, but soon they found out. They called him a sorcerer, branded him forever unwelcome in the tribe (branding a cracked bone symbol on his forearm), and exiled him.

For a time, Azuk was hopeless, and wandered the land. He was ashamed of his powers but soon began to rely on them to survive. While he trains his powers of mind and of the bow, he's beginning to see the world and notice he's quite different from other mages and sorcerers around.

And here is my second thought.

Xulag Enforcer:

Male Desert Half-Orc Half-Orc Paragon 3/Lion Totem Barbarian 1
HD 1d12+3d8+16 (35.5 HP average)
Stats:

STR 16 (14+2 Half-Orc Paragon)
DEX 10
CON 18 (16+2 racial)
INT 10 (12-2 racial)
WIS 10
CHA 18

Feats:
Racial: Run
1. Menacing Demeanor
3. Intimidating Rage

Trait: Abrasive

Skills:
Bluff +6 (3.5 ranks+4 Cha-1 Trait)
Handle Animal +10 (6 ranks+4 Cha)
Intimidate +20 (7 ranks+4 Cha+4 Racial+4 Menacing Demeanor+1 Trait)
Listen +1 (1 rank)
Spot +1 (1 rank)
Survival +7 (7 ranks)

My hope with Xulag is to take menacing brute and go with a fear-mongering route.

Xulag was nothing more than a street rat. He grew up on the streets, stealing and threatening for what meager scraps he could manage. His story is not so different from many others in the city he occupied.

One fateful day, however, he happened to try sneaking into a rather rich-looking carriage to steal the contents within. Little did he know that this happened to be a quite powerful and wealthy noble. Once his guards caught wind of the intrusion, he was surrounded. Young Xulag stood his ground against the guards and even caused a few to back down. The noble, surprised by this deed called his guards off and offered Xulag to be his personal enforcer. Xulag now works for nobles in different cities, shaking down thugs, threatening elected officials, and terrifying other nobility.

So, any ideas to help with my characters/their builds?