PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dual Cursed Oracle - Misfortune vs Extended tests

Stephen_E
2015-11-13, 09:36 AM
How does the Misfortune ability interact with skill rolls made for skills used over a period of time.

Misfortune (Ex): At 1st level, as an immediate action, you can force a creature within 30 feet to reroll any one d20 roll that it has just made before the results of the roll are revealed. The creature must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll. Once a creature has suffered from your misfortune, it cannot be the target of this revelation again for 1 day.

How would that effect a Diplomacy roll made for info gather over 4 hours, or a Craft Magic Item where the skill is for a weeks work?
Does the Oracle need to be within range all the time?
Just at the end of the action (Crafting specifies the roll is made at the end of the period but Diplomacy sets no fixed time to make the roll)?
Or are they limited to rolls made for something happening over 1 round?

I'm GMing such a PC and while I've established as a targeted efffect it can't give prewarnings of ambushes and invisible Creatures I'm still left working out how it affects rolls covering extended actions outside of initiative.

Thanks

Geddy2112
2015-11-13, 10:11 AM
I think the PC would have to be there the moment the roll was made-at some critical point in the extended check, or maybe curse it up front to represent how the next hours/days will go.