PDA

View Full Version : Of Legends and Species

Emperor Demonking
2015-11-13, 01:34 PM
In the world, a spark awakened within thousands. A powerful spark. A spark that may have awakened creatures more powerful still. Their thousand year slumber has ended, as they look at a new world o fLegends and Species.

Turn One - Dawn

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-13, 02:42 PM
Upon awakening Winter feels a call from the north, as soon as he is able he uses his powers of winter and telekinesis to speed along his trip to the land of the Midigods.

Alfa
2015-11-13, 03:41 PM
The Chamber of Vordaldol:

Resting, dreaming, waiting for the day that she would return to the world that she had worked so hard to conquer, that was what the great black dragon Vordaldol was doing. Laying atop her treasures, which she had counted fifty times, the sound of coins could be heard scattering as the great dragon rose from her slumber.

Sleepily at first Vordaldol rose, then with a big stretch she began to move towards the exit of her cave with a slight haste. Vordaldol was exited, for finally she was to be the ruler of what was rightfully hers. Fresh air filling her lungs, the sun's light shining on her golden crown mark on her head, and the smell of prey nearby gave the dragon a sense of pleasure that was rare for her.

But then she coughed, and she felt the smallest tremble in her leg, and all that happiness was gone. Replaced with rage to the extreme. Had those puny creatures not been worshiping her all this time? Why is she not stronger than ever? Why is she even weaker.

"Raaaaa!"

She ripped apart the cave entrance that she had, her body wiggling out of her cave with haste. Not even giving thought to it, Vordaldol decided to explore to the northwestern area (where the dark jellies are) to see the condition of the world. Her great mass making a dark cloud in the sky, one which the rain was burning acid.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-13, 04:32 PM
As he flew though the skies on his chariot of ice, he felt a great disturbance in the energies of the world. "So... the great queen has awoken as well. Hmm, i wonder if any other other of the greater powers are awakening... hmmm... my first goal should be to gather worshipers. I wonder how the world has changed.

He flows a bit more energy into the chariot and hits subsonic speeds.

Probably Pixel
2015-11-13, 05:42 PM
Deep within a dark, primordial cavern, something is stirring.

It is a Dark Jelly.

Over thousands of years, the Jelly had consumed any tiny bacteria in the cavern, adding them to it's own mass.

It was little over a centimetre wide.

Suddenly, with a flash of lightning, a great tree topples over, crashing through the narrow ground.

The Jelly is suddenly blinded by something it had never seen before - natural sunlight.

Alfa
2015-11-13, 06:25 PM
Deep within a dark, primordial cavern, something is stirring.

It is a Dark Jelly.

Over thousands of years, the Jelly had consumed any tiny bacteria in the cavern, adding them to it's own mass.

It was little over a centimetre wide.

Suddenly, with a flash of lightning, a great tree topples over, crashing through the narrow ground.

The Jelly is suddenly blinded by something it had never seen before - natural sunlight.

Flying across the sky Vordaldol gazed down at the land for signs of civilization, finding nothing but pure pristine wilderness. It was worrying to the great dragon, no wonder no one was worshiping her greatness, everyone was gone! The orcs, elves, dwarves, while the loss was not mourned they were needed for worship.

Her not so large patience drawing to it's end she looked over a thick forest for any signs of intelligent life, finding nothing whatsoever-or maybe she had.

As she looked down she could swear there was a little tiny spark of acknowledgement, something with potential looking at her form. Vordaldol tried to spot what had done so and saw the Jelly, revolting.

What was this thing she was looking at, her form shading with her huge bulk, her magnificent scales on her head shining for all to see? It was intelligent, or close enough, so it'd have to do for now...

kemmotar
2015-11-13, 07:10 PM
Upon a mountain in what felt...felt(?) yes, somehow, like the middle of the world a small point of light appeared, first rotating, wavering, growing. The consciosuness of that point grew before its body did. Reaching out with tendrils of the mind, caressing, feeling the weave of the world, the possibilities...and a spark coming alive. Another spark, followed by yet another. And one Within.

The mind searched for patterns and tried them on, shifting form again and again, birds, trees, land animals and others more exotic, forgotten by time. Slowly she settled on a form that felt...familiar(?) to her. As if being born of the changing forms, parts that were previously in flux started to remain constant. First the legs reached for the ground, clad in soft and lustrous black fur, feline. From the hips upward pale white skin took over in the form of a human woman. Her body lean, curving upwards to breasts covered by a chitinous plate that extended around her chest and over her shoulders and onto her back.

Her face, more striking than beautiful, with angular, prominent, high cheekbones framing brilliant white eyes. A knife edged nose sat menacingly in the middle of her face as her mouth formed. She could feel the swelling of the pattern around her as she herself was brought into it (from where?). She brought her palms to her face after dragging them through a tuft of grass. She inhaled and felt the grass, the soil, the water stretching all the way down into the earth. Something was missing.

She brought her shoulders forward one at a time, once, twice, three, four times, as if stretching. A mane of thick black hair tinged with red strands shook out from underneath and was tousled with each flex. The source became apparent as after each movement, four legs much like those of a spider unravelled from the join in her back where the chitinous plate meets. The legs were also of black chitin at their roots but slowly, as they unravel, they draw more and more of the pattern into themselves they begin to look more ethereal until the tips are no more than outlines ending in razor sharp claws. The grass around her becomes taller as she stretches all 6 of her "arms", as she twists her back they begin to braid themselves, higher and higher and bend upon themselves as the Weaver limbers her legs. Awakening feels sweet as the braids join a circular dance creating a small dome above her.

The Weaver sits down for now, waiting for the awakening of all other sparks. Idly as she observes the weave, her arms and spider legs etch shapes into the ground around her.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-13, 08:01 PM
As Winter flies over the land of th Scardians he sends down a block of ice embedded with a telepathic message. "Worship me and prosper. With me as your deity you will prosper and your race will will soar to unseen heights, without me you might become just another failed species on this long-lived world. Henceforth on this spot you shall find freshwater in immeasurable amounts. " A small fountain appears on said spot, flowing eternally.

Zmeoaice
2015-11-13, 08:17 PM
The Scardites were intrigued but wanted more information.

The queen of one of the tribes asked "What do you ask of us, and what kind of rewards will we recieve?"

Probably Pixel
2015-11-13, 08:24 PM
Flying across the sky Vordaldol gazed down at the land for signs of civilization, finding nothing but pure pristine wilderness. It was worrying to the great dragon, no wonder no one was worshiping her greatness, everyone was gone! The orcs, elves, dwarves, while the loss was not mourned they were needed for worship.

Her not so large patience drawing to it's end she looked over a thick forest for any signs of intelligent life, finding nothing whatsoever-or maybe she had.

As she looked down she could swear there was a little tiny spark of acknowledgement, something with potential looking at her form. Vordaldol tried to spot what had done so and saw the Jelly, revolting.

What was this thing she was looking at, her form shading with her huge bulk, her magnificent scales on her head shining for all to see? It was intelligent, or close enough, so it'd have to do for now...

Suddenly, a large shadow is cast over the jelly. As the jelly has no eyes, it cannot see the beautiful scales of the beast. Nor can it hear the powerful breath.
But the Jelly can sense the heat of the great dragon, and realises it is in the company of a terrifying beast.

The Jelly shivers and shakes. Free for the first time, the Dark Jelly will now be consumed (or so it thinks).

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-13, 08:28 PM
The Scardites were intrigued but wanted more information.

The queen of one of the tribes asked "What do you ask of us, and what kind of rewards will we recieve?"

"Mmm, an excellent question Madame, well, there are many benefits to worshiping me. Let me list off a few of the major ones. As you can see I can give you artifacts of power, this fountain, while useful, is really quite trivial compared to some of what I've made. My chariot for example, able to carry tonnes of goods and dozens of passengers. Your priests and knights will also receive benefits, they will gain the ability to heal grievous wounds and assay minor diseases. As you prove your fealty to me I shall give much more, I will impart upon you the knowledge of fire and steel, and of the Arcane. All I ask is that you praise my name and build shrines in my honor. The more of you that worship me, the more I shall give.

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 09:09 PM
In the volcanoes and caves of the lands, the Magma Worms trundle along, happily going there ways and mingling with each other. They mate and eat, enjoying each day.

Alfa
2015-11-13, 09:17 PM
Suddenly, a large shadow is cast over the jelly. As the jelly has no eyes, it cannot see the beautiful scales of the beast. Nor can it hear the powerful breath.
But the Jelly can sense the heat of the great dragon, and realises it is in the company of a terrifying beast.

The Jelly shivers and shakes. Free for the first time, the Dark Jelly will now be consumed (or so it thinks).

The great dragon Vordaldol looked onto the small pathetic pile of slime, barely holding herself back from letting her own presence alone kill the thing. It had a mind, if warped, that could be used for worship. With rage of frustration Vordaldol took in a deep breath and made it's load pronouncement.

"Listen to me pile of worthless slime! I, the greatest of the gods, have chosen you to be my first servant after my awakening! I shall mold you into something more than this, into something that shall actually be of use! My power shall flow into you with the one word that shall be the first to burn into your mind, the first that shall have meaning, through my power you shall hear it: Vordaldol!"

With that Vordaldol made itself known, and released it's draconic power to wash over the puny slime. The stronger it is, and the more it fed off the dragon, the more Vordaldol shall grow as well... a perfect relationship. At least for now. Vordaldol will have to learn to communicate with the thing at some point more effectively...

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-13, 09:35 PM
While he was relaying the benefits of being his subjects to the Scardites, he was also sending off a few messages to the Magma Worms.

"Fair Magma Worms, I come to you asking you to join in my flock. Join us and we shall be your staunch allies and will help you with your problems. Besides granting you and your some of your kin the power to heal themselves, I shall make sure that the iciness of Winter does not seep into your domain and freeze your lands."

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 09:38 PM
Hm, the nominal leader (the oldest and most respected of the worms) thinks back. We are a hardy folk, and our own bodies will melt the ice as it comes. But, fair friends and allies are indeed a greater treasure than any mineral wealth-we will be glad to take you into our home and into our hearts!

A resounding chorus of thoughts rises from the remainder of the worms, an echoing roar of acclamation and friendship.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-13, 09:54 PM
Hm, the nominal leader (the oldest and most respected of the worms) thinks back. We are a hardy folk, and our own bodies will melt the ice as it comes. But, fair friends and allies are indeed a greater treasure than any mineral wealth-we will be glad to take you into our home and into our hearts!

A resounding chorus of thoughts rises from the remainder of the worms, an echoing roar of acclamation and friendship.

A great feeling of happiness swells through the mental link. "I am very happy to hear this. I am undergoing some negotiations at the moment, but I'll come to visit you very soon my friends."

JNAProductions
2015-11-13, 09:56 PM
A great feeling of happiness swells through the mental link. "I am very happy to hear this. I am undergoing some negotiations at the moment, but I'll come to visit you very soon my friends."

We will ready a chamber for you. My friends, the leader says through the mental link provided, Begin your work. It might as well fill our days.

Zmeoaice
2015-11-13, 10:02 PM
"Mmm, an excellent question Madame, well, there are many benefits to worshiping me. Let me list off a few of the major ones. As you can see I can give you artifacts of power, this fountain, while useful, is really quite trivial compared to some of what I've made. My chariot for example, able to carry tonnes of goods and dozens of passengers. Your priests and knights will also receive benefits, they will gain the ability to heal grievous wounds and assay minor diseases. As you prove your fealty to me I shall give much more, I will impart upon you the knowledge of fire and steel, and of the Arcane. All I ask is that you praise my name and build shrines in my honor. The more of you that worship me, the more I shall give.

The queen was content with these terms though the Queens of the 3 other colonies were not very swayed.

(Winter guy gets 100 followers, 75 from one colony. 25 from other colonies.)

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 01:37 AM
Embedded within the mountain, a large gatehouse seemingly stolen from a fortified city forms the entrance to another room. Another opening room. A metal thunder begins the process of the fortifications raising. Chains and steel clank as each braced interval draws into the ceiling and the windlass audible strains to hold their weight. Another thundering sounds the door being locked open. A gauntlet grips the inner side as Jinan walks forward. Adjusting her armor.

Her raptor eyes, ablaze with fire, it wasn't much of an effort spotting the massive Vordaldol. The sight instinctively drawing her hand to her sword. As new divine she has only experienced Vordaldol's presence in her mind as a mortal. And, troubling thoughts they were. Her hand consciously lifts away from her weapon. She scans away from the dragon. Spotting another divine atop ice and sound, she soon looses it as it moves away with great speed. A breath of life fills her lungs in this new world as she prepares to move out.

The west and east occupied north seemd the way forward. Engulfed in flames her humanoid form burned bright into an oval of light before long fiery wings spread out into an outstretched phoenix. Lighting the sky aflame, she flew north towards smoke plumes smoke. A mild, enjoyable flight soon uncovered the volcanic source. Still tracing her path in fire she circled the below volcanoes searching for life till multiply rings hovered above. A potential creature of interest found she flies lower near the ground to get a better look.

OoC: Hey Magma worms. *poke*

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 01:38 AM
Hello! one of the nearest worms signals. Greetings, firey friend!

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 01:48 AM
After finishing up negotiations, Winter went once more on the move, this time he left his chariot hovering above the volcanic landscape. He gently floated himself down and went towards the Nominal Leader. "Greetings friend, it greatly pleases me to be able to see you in the flesh. I have finished my business further east, I have come now in the hopes that you will ally with me and my followers. To better understand you and your desires, I would like to learn more of your culture."

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 01:49 AM
Jinan hovers overhead before slowly landing near a group of unflinching worms. She pulls her arm skyward leaving a path of light that darkens into Magma worms that seem to mimic some of their movements (Hello!).

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 01:50 AM
Ah, not a lot of culture. Life is simple here-travel around, make new tunnels, eat rocks and minerals. We've begun harnessing our inherent geomancy to better root ores out from the ground, but really, life is simple and easy here. the leader thinks back.

Jinan hovers overhead before slowly landing near a group of unflinching worms. She pulls her arm skyward leaving a path of light that darkens into Magma worms that seem to mimic some of their movements (Hello!).

Greetings! Are you and the cold one friends?

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 02:00 AM
Spoken in an unknown language, "Seems intelligent." The Phoenix stands on a foot and swirls fire with the other claw into dancing patterns. Then conjures a small image of a magma worm touching the wispy strands.

OoC: Jinan is offering to Teach Speechcraft (1) to the magma worms.

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 02:04 AM
The magma worms start, surprised at a newfound ability, and begin gabbing amongst themselves. Quiet down! the elder says. Thank you, Jian, was it? For this ability. It will surely help us become friends with many others!

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 02:16 AM
His eyes narrow a bit as he sees Jinan teach the MWs Speechcraft.
"I also bring a gift friend."

OoC: Offers to teach Magma Worms Healing Magic (2).

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 02:18 AM
The worms gladly accept the gift, with elder being the first to take the proffered magic.

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 02:22 AM
The bird seems to noisily chuckle to itself and joins in a bit of the jabbing before things get serious again.

"Jinan", she corrects. "I'm glad. We need friends in this troubling times..."

She looks to the other Divine. "Greetings. I'm Jinan the Phoenix. What is your name Sir?"

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 02:27 AM
Winter seems to chuckle a bit to himself "I have been called many names, but you may call me Winter." he says, bowing with a flourish.

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 02:36 AM
"My pleasure. I had two at one point, but now I have one. Though I've kept many titles."

Her eye widens and focuses on the leader worm. "Do you call yourselves something?"

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 02:39 AM
We are magma worms-the blood of the earth itself! he says with pride.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 02:50 AM
"Oh no ma'am, the pleasure is all mine." he says, giving a brief kiss to the back of her hand. He then turns to the Magma Worms with a grin "Does that make your tunnels the Earth's veins?"

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 02:53 AM
Of course. the leader answers simply.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 02:58 AM
"Hm, and what of miners? And burrowing animals?

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 03:02 AM
Wounds and capillaries, respectively. the elder answers, a bit surprised the answer was not obvious.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 03:12 AM
"Volcanoes, trees, canyons, oceans?" he asks, attempting to figure out the anatomy of the planet.

OoC: I won't ask any more after this :D. EDIT: Okay, I'll continue it if JNAP is okay with it.

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 03:16 AM
She changes to her human form to receive the gesture, her posture formal, but she says nothing in return.

Her new form that of a typical sized human covered in metal armor and weapon to the side.

The conversation isn't exactly flowing the direction she wanted. She waits for the next answer and presumably the next, very similar question.

OoC: It's amusing though. D:

kemmotar
2015-11-14, 04:34 AM
From her perch upon the mountain where she awoke, Weaver could see a great many things and indeed, much activity it would seem. As she pondered the implicatinos, she cast her eyes on a dark patch of jungle to the south, as she cast her consciousness towards it she began to realise, it was a single, living, intelligent being. The smile quickly reached her lips as she launched herself off a nearby cliff.

As she dove, she spread her arms behind her into a swan dive, feeling the air pull at her. In what seemed but a second, yet incredibly slowly she turned herself into a black swan, flapped her wings once, twice for good measure and rose on the air currents heading towards the great jungle.

Drawing closer, the Weaver alighted at the borders of the jungle, never missing a step swan legs turned into feline legs and the rest of her body followed assuming her previous form. Non-challantly she kept walking into the jungle headed towards what the weave told us was the centre of the being. Hopefully, communication would be possible there.

Probably Pixel
2015-11-14, 04:38 AM
The great dragon Vordaldol looked onto the small pathetic pile of slime, barely holding herself back from letting her own presence alone kill the thing. It had a mind, if warped, that could be used for worship. With rage of frustration Vordaldol took in a deep breath and made it's load pronouncement.

"Listen to me pile of worthless slime! I, the greatest of the gods, have chosen you to be my first servant after my awakening! I shall mold you into something more than this, into something that shall actually be of use! My power shall flow into you with the one word that shall be the first to burn into your mind, the first that shall have meaning, through my power you shall hear it: Vordaldol!"

With that Vordaldol made itself known, and released it's draconic power to wash over the puny slime. The stronger it is, and the more it fed off the dragon, the more Vordaldol shall grow as well... a perfect relationship. At least for now. Vordaldol will have to learn to communicate with the thing at some point more effectively...

The Dark jelly does not technically hear the word. However, the small blob now thinks it's very first thought; Vordaldol.
In that second, The jelly knew everything. It knew of the trees and rivers, the skies and oceans, it knew of the mountains, and
it knew power. The power it had. The power to grow. It saw a future of great war, a future where slimes rained supreme.
It saw the races of the world. How powerful. How great. How... insignificant.

Oh, thank you great one! I cannot speak, but know I am enternaly gratefull to thee! Thank you, great dragon! Thank you... master.

In that very second, the slime grows over a metre tall from the life force gifted to it.

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-14, 05:46 AM
Whispers in the darkness were heard again as the sun rose over the vine and awareness washed back into it's form. As it stretched outwards and focused upon the whispers it felt something enter into it's lands. Motion. Mind. Offered Flesh? Unsure. It's was shining far brighter than the others. It seemed brighter than the vine itself.

Appendages near the creature abandoned roots and shifted slowly towards it curiously.

kemmotar
2015-11-14, 06:20 AM
Weaver to Ur-Vine

Her instincts had not led her astray. It seemed the jungle was alive and conscious, reaching towards her. Unique. The word pleased her more than anything. Powerful? That was the question. But how to communicate with a jungle?

Do you even have the concept of a language?

She said speaking mostly to herself, she rested an arm pensively on a bare hip.

How about a mouth to start with?

As she spoke the spider appendages began to move, at first slowly then speeding, at other times tugging and others shifting invisible threads. The pattern slowly became visible, not to the eyes the being surrounding her did not have, but in the mind's eye. A weave extening beyond vision upon which itself and everything around it stood out as patterns. Slight awareness at first and then awareness the weaver was altering a small part of its pattern. As the Weaver shifted the weave of a nearby tree she offered a small part of it to the being, took the hands of its mind and tugged a string. Communicating at a deeper level, allowing it mold the tree. At the same time, inputing a smaller pattern. Speech, communication, voice.

Offering to teach:
Source: 1
Knot in the pattern: 1
Language: 1

not sure how to judge how many points one can offer to teach, how long it takes and how much each species can learn in a single turn or how to determine how much I can actually give. Did I miss some mechanics somewhere?

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-14, 09:10 AM
Ur-Vine to Weaver

The vine felt the creature pull at it's form and then at it's mind. It felt it's reach expand past it's form and into a nearby tree. It felt itself pulling at the tree as the creature pulled upon it. The tree's leaves turned black under it's influence and it's roots ran deeper and attempted to invade the plants around it as the vine does.

As the vine was shaped and thought flowed through it, several of the red flowers on its form bloomed near the creature and sound came from them as they vibrated the air in and around them. A stilted voice came from them with varying tones and accents between words, "What Are You?"

kemmotar
2015-11-14, 11:31 AM
Weaver to Ur-Vine

What I am, is as you are, as everything is. Part of the weave, no more no less.

The Weaver paused to smell the blossoms before continuing.

What I am is mutable, meaningless yet full of possibility. Now who I am, that is a question that can lead us to more interesting ones. Such as, who are you and what I could do for you.

As she spoke forms flickered on her body, not shifts of the pattern, only potentials, possibilities, echoes and shadows of things that have been, or could be, or never might be.

Who you are determines your purpose, your actions and ultimately...your strength. For without strength....

She trailed off looking for the perfect example. Reaching with her hand she grabbed a small animal, petting it soothing it as she worked its pattern. At first the animal grew in size, it was visibly puzzled. Then its skin hardened into scales, its teeth grew longer, it grew claws. Its muscles grew and hardened until its nervous movements (it was now too big for the Weaver to hold) rent deep furrows into the ground. A fearsome predator from an age past stood there, confused as the Weaver released the link between her energy and that of the former critter. Immediately, it was wracked with pain, its form convulsed as the pattern of the beast itself was ripped apart under its own weight. The Weaver incinerated the remains with a wave of her hand.

Your control will depend on your strength, your will and your ability. Without a painful death awaits you. But I could teach you...

JNAProductions
2015-11-14, 01:43 PM
"Volcanoes, trees, canyons, oceans?" he asks, attempting to figure out the anatomy of the planet.

OoC: I won't ask any more after this :D. EDIT: Okay, I'll continue it if JNAP is okay with it.

Volcanoes are the mouths, trees the hair, canyons the armpits, and oceans the eyes, the leader responds. Though really, this is all in metaphor. Of course the planet is not truly represented by these, as its a unique living creature. But metaphor helps one to understand its position-notice how all is natural but the miners.

Yeah, amusing as this is, let's move on past it. Also, good thing the language came with a knowledge of human anatomy. :P

Alfa
2015-11-14, 02:14 PM
The Dark jelly does not technically hear the word. However, the small blob now thinks it's very first thought; Vordaldol.
In that second, The jelly knew everything. It knew of the trees and rivers, the skies and oceans, it knew of the mountains, and
it knew power. The power it had. The power to grow. It saw a future of great war, a future where slimes rained supreme.
It saw the races of the world. How powerful. How great. How... insignificant.

Oh, thank you great one! I cannot speak, but know I am enternaly gratefull to thee! Thank you, great dragon! Thank you... master.

In that very second, the slime grows over a metre tall from the life force gifted to it.

The great dragon looked at the puny slime with a little bit of pleasure as the worship power flowed into her. With a roar that shook the ground she began to rise high into the air, saying as she rose:
"Listen to the instincts of mine! Listen to the heart of war! Conquer the world and honor the very instincts that I embody! So says the strongest of the gods!"

Hunting 1 Warfare 2 Tactics 1

She then flies off, leaving the slimes to begin to digest her generous gift and grow. Heading south she continued her search for more mortals.

neriractor
2015-11-14, 02:39 PM
far to the north, away from the other races many tribes reunite, The Midigods with primitive tools hunting and gathering.

Lacking any divine help they held their own, but some weaker ones cried for help.

(no actual effect :smalltongue:)

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 02:43 PM
"Hm, that is very interesting. Sadly, my friend, I must leave now for a small period of time, but worry not. For I shall return soon, and bearing gifts."

Winter begins his journey once more and flies towards one of the Midigod Clans in his Chariot of Ice and of Steel.

'Ah, so the call was from them. Hm, they should make effective worshipers, and considering their environment, as a being of winter they should be more likely to be convinced towards worshiping me.'

"Hail, Midigods, it is I. Winter. I have come to return to my domain and I have seen that you have taken up residence. You are children of the cold, and therefore you fall under my protection. If you worship and accept me, then I shall give you power beyond measure. I will make wounds meaningless, I will give you weapons of fire and steel. With me you shall learn to properly harness your psychic potential and prosper. You will learn to do more than survive, you will learn to live."

neriractor
2015-11-14, 02:52 PM
"Hm, that is very interesting. Sadly, my friend, I must leave now for a small period of time, but worry not. For I shall return soon, and bearing gifts."

Winter begins his journey once more and flies towards one of the Midigod Clans in his Chariot of Ice and of Steel.

'Ah, so the call was from them. Hm, they should make effective worshipers, and considering their environment, as a being of winter they should be more likely to be convinced towards worshiping me.'

"Hail, Midigods, it is I. Winter. I have come to return to my domain and I have seen that you have taken up residence. You are children of the cold, and therefore you fall under my protection. If you worship and accept me, then I shall give you power beyond measure. I will make wounds meaningless, I will give you weapons of fire and steel. With me you shall learn to properly harness your psychic potential and prosper. You will learn to do more than survive, you will learn to live."

many of the Midigods just kneeled before the deity but some of them who saw winter as a menace questioned the need for him, this in silence for the actual chieftain stood ahead and talked "you talk a lot for one who canīt suffer, I respect the winter and so I respect who you claim to be, help us and you will be feared or respected as you wish; tell me what you seek... winter."

winter gains 150 random followers from the tribes.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 02:59 PM
many of the Midigods just kneeled before the deity but some of them who saw winter as a menace questioned the need for him, this in silence for the actual chieftain stood ahead and talked "you talk a lot for one who canīt suffer, I respect the winter and so I respect who you claim to be, help us and you will be feared or respected as you wish; tell me what you seek... winter."

winter gains 150 random followers from the tribes.

"Many question my goals. I wish to tell them to not worry, for I protect my subjects. I see that your people have fallen on hard times, and that your children hunger. There is no need for this. I can give you many things. All you need to do is believe in me. Here, I shall so you an example of my might."

Winter, using transmutation, gives the Chieftain a suit of Half-plate Armor and an enchanted Shield and Spear. He then turns to the greater crowd and transmutes the ground in front of them to be warm and fertile (around 20 square feet) and makes an Apple Tree, heavy with its fruit, sprout from the ground. Also, if any of the Midigods have any obvious wounds he heals them.

neriractor
2015-11-14, 03:29 PM
"Many question my goals. I wish to tell them to not worry, for I protect my subjects. I see that your people have fallen on hard times, and that your children hunger. There is no need for this. I can give you many things. All you need to do is believe in me. Here, I shall so you an example of my might."

Winter, using transmutation, gives the Chieftain a suit of Half-plate Armor and an enchanted Shield and Spear. He then turns to the greater crowd and transmutes the ground in front of them to be warm and fertile (around 20 square feet) and makes an Apple Tree, heavy with its fruit, sprout from the ground. Also, if any of the Midigods have any obvious wounds he heals them.

the chieftain explores his new weapons and strokes his chin "it its hard to not believe in one that is so obvious, we will follow you winter, for the sake of my people you will be revered"

the chieftain called forth about 20 strong man and woman and they began making a huge hut where the rituals for winter will take place.

20 new devote followers for winter, begins the construction of a temple.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 03:54 PM
Winter gives the Midigods the knowledge necessary to build the first Church of Winter in this area.

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 03:54 PM
Jinan to Magma Worms

Jinan watches the other divine depart just as fast as he arrived. "The season is in such a rush this season."

"Friends. Let us dance, talk, and sing for we can start to know one another. I have stories to tell of the past - both happy and sad. I will be honest before we start for there is no deception. As a divine creature my nature is to seek out people that believe in me. If you can look past that then shall we celebrate our meeting?"

If/During the celebration Jinan will continue to show off some fire works. Feel free to pump up to Art (1) from hanging out for a day while being festive? Jinan is testing the waters. If the magma worms seem like a moral species she'll want to form a bound and continue to teach/guide them. She is interested in letting them grow in the direction they want and so will teach them the skills they want to know till she thinks they need to learn something specific. (

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-14, 07:11 PM
Ur-Vine to Weaver

The word weave echoed throughout the vine's mind as it listened and watched the creature, and the thing it changed and killed infront of the vine.

As the echoing stopped the vine replied "I Am The vine Of Ur... What Could You Teach Me? Why Would You?"

The two questions, the way they were spoken sounded like the weaver's voice but in the same way as the rest as if it was cut and spliced from a recording.

ArlEammon
2015-11-14, 07:51 PM
Edmonites

The Edmonites still lived in Crude Caves. Not even hovels were available. They did, at least, know how to hunt, and their magical runes were strong for such a crude species. However, the others in the world were advancing faster. The Edmonites, as early Humans, had advantages over comparisons with both Cro Magnon and Neanderthal. For example, the Edmonites could speak with a vocal tongue, unlike Neanderthal tribes, and although weaker than Cro Magnon and Neanderthal, they were capable of authentic magical ability through runic writing. Food was not as scarce as most tribes of early mesolithic or paleolithic civilizations, since hunting was made easier through very unusual methods. On the other hand, the Edmonites would be out competed if they didn't act quickly. Crude hovels and even ziggurats began to arise over the years, and agriculture began to be implemented, also boosted by the runic powers of the Edmonite magic. Edmonites were still only capable of fighting with primitive weapons, however. A strange god known as Winter began to be worshiped by thirty men and women in the Edmonite tribe(s), however.

The Edmonite Ziggurats and hovels were put together using a glue like adhesive, somewhat slime like in substance, and in the earliest years of agriculture, a few farming families began to contribute to Edmonite society. The Ziggurat began to worship ancestors, animal gods, and Winter. Thanks to the agriculture now implemented and better protection from the elements, Edmonite society flourished.

2 Adhesives
1 agriculture (Crude)
1 hovels
3 Ziggurat

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 08:19 PM
The God, Winter, feels a surge of energy flow through him, but he is taken aback by the source. It is neither Scardite, Midigod or even a Magma Worm.

'Hm, legends of me must have remained and lasted through the centuries. This is very good, it provides me with a base to convert even more of these mysterious worshipers.'

He sifts through the belief flowing through them to find the one with the most faithful and contacts him/her.

"It is I, Winter, let your compatriots know that I am coming once more. You're piety shall be rewarded and your people shall commune with me once more. Now go child, gather your kin. I will be there soon."

Winter erects a small statue of himself in the center of where the church is being built.

Winter turns to his worshipers and the Chieftain ,"I will ascend to the heavens once more for now. If you have any inquiries or requests of me, pray at the statue here. It will allow a direct link between the one praying and myself. For now I shall grant you, Chieftain, a great power, the power to heal wounds, along with 3 more of your choosing. Take your time, when you decide whom is to receive the gift touch them on the forehead and declare them a "Winter's Chosen". I will return soon. Do not worry, I have no plans on abandoning you."

As Winter enters his Chariot once more and starts heading to the South-west he slumps down in his seat and takes a deep breath.

'Ugh, so many artifacts. After giving these new worshipers a gift of their own I think I'll take a short break from making anymore magical artifacts. I think I might stick to educating them instead for a while. Hm, I wonder if Jinan would entertain the idea of forming an order of knights, it would certainly fall under her Modus Operandi. I'll pass the idea by her the next time I see her.'

Alfa
2015-11-14, 09:21 PM
Edmonites

The Edmonites still lived in Crude Caves. Not even hovels were available. They did, at least, know how to hunt, and their magical runes were strong for such a crude species. However, the others in the world were advancing faster. The Edmonites, as early Humans, had advantages over comparisons with both Cro Magnon and Neanderthal. For example, the Edmonites could speak with a vocal tongue, unlike Neanderthal tribes, and although weaker than Cro Magnon and Neanderthal, they were capable of authentic magical ability through runic writing. Food was not as scarce as most tribes of early mesolithic or paleolithic civilizations, since hunting was made easier through very unusual methods. On the other hand, the Edmonites would be out competed if they didn't act quickly. Crude hovels and even ziggurats began to arise over the years, and agriculture began to be implemented, also boosted by the runic powers of the Edmonite magic. Edmonites were still only capable of fighting with primitive weapons, however. A strange god known as Winter began to be worshiped by thirty men and women in the Edmonite tribe(s), however.

The Edmonite Ziggurats and hovels were put together using a glue like adhesive, somewhat slime like in substance, and in the earliest years of agriculture, a few farming families began to contribute to Edmonite society. The Ziggurat began to worship ancestors, animal gods, and Winter. Thanks to the agriculture now implemented and better protection from the elements, Edmonite society flourished.

2 Adhesives
1 agriculture (Crude)
1 hovels
3 Ziggurat

Puny creatures thought the grand god of a dragon that was Vordaldol as she was coming towards the Edmonites. Flying high in the sky she looked like a approaching cloud at first, then her form slowly came into focus. Running would do little, and her very presence was enough to force most to crumble in fear.

Now these creatures were something intelligent, not some pile of thinking slime. She could probably actually do something with these! Though they did have the tainted smell of the worship of another god on them to a extent... something that could be fixed with time.

As she came closer and got to see the things with her very eyes, her body blacking the sky and raining acid here and there, she snorted at the Crude Caves that the creatures lived in and started to speak.

"You... puny blasphemous creatures. Above you now is the only god of worth, the one you shall pray to for forgiveness! I've had no prayers within that cave for so long... and when I come to you I smell the worship of a weakling? I shall not tolerate this!"

Vordaldol let her draconic power wash down on the puny creatures, giving them the opportunity to accept her generous gift. Then she leaned back to let the sunlight once more reach the creatures, and to let them see the heights that her body can reach.

+4 Toughness +4 Strength +2 Hunting

ArlEammon
2015-11-14, 09:39 PM
The effect on the Edmonites was dramatic. Edmonite society had just began to worship Winter. Worship of Winter didn't necessarily vanish over night, but whereas it took travelers of the Humans called Edmonites travel across the continent in order to find evidence of Winter, the Dragon God, Vordaldol possessed superior evidence of his existence. The Ziggurat was then given over completely to Vordaldol, and the entire settlement gave Vordaldol his due, especially since this monstrous deity gave immediate power. With Vordaldol came a sense of both terror and gain. The entire gathering of hundreds gave themselves over to Vordaldol. Though the previous worshipers gave Winter more than lip service, the national religion was now for the Dragon God. Their hunters prospered like never before, the people were stronger and healthier, and now there were no times of scarce food.

500+ worshipers

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 09:55 PM
As he drew closer to the Edmonites, Winter sensed the power of another god.

'Vordaldol.'

Deciding to err on the side of caution, Winter lands his Chariot in a nearby forest.

'Hopefully she is willing to negotiate...'

He quickly crafts a simalucrum of himself and sends it forward to meet with the Queen.

The sky seems to darken and there is a sharp drop in temperature. The first sentence is transmitted for all to hear, but he switches so only she can hear it afterwards, "Hail, Vordaldol, it gladdens me to see your beauty grace the world once more, however, I simply must ask you to not intimidate my subjects. It really would be easier, and more convenient for you to work with me on this. We can form a small polytheistic religion with these people, half for you and half for me. I already have worshipers among them, if I vouch for you you can gain worshipers without having to expend any effort. I would also like for them to look at us in reverence, not fear. You can be the goddess of Summer and Day, while I'll be the god of Winter and Night." as he finishes a giant peak of ice sprouts upward with a seat at the tip. He turns to the Edmunites, "I will not abandon you. You may all feel the embrace of Winter."

Heal (2), Mind +2, Architecture +2, Mining +2.

Alfa
2015-11-14, 10:41 PM
As he drew closer to the Edmonites, Winter sensed the power of another god.

'Vordaldol.'

Deciding to err on the side of caution, Winter lands his Chariot in a nearby forest.

'Hopefully she is willing to negotiate...'

He quickly crafts a simalucrum of himself and sends it forward to meet with the Queen.

The sky seems to darken and there is a sharp drop in temperature. The first sentence is transmitted for all to hear, but he switches so only she can hear it afterwards, "Hail, Vordaldol, it gladdens me to see your beauty grace the world once more, however, I simply must ask you to not intimidate my subjects. It really would be easier, and more convenient for you to work with me on this. We can form a small polytheistic religion with these people, half for you and half for me. I already have worshipers among them, if I vouch for you you can gain worshipers without having to expend any effort. I would also like for them to look at us in reverence, not fear. You can be the goddess of Summer and Day, while I'll be the god of Winter and Night." as he finishes a giant peak of ice sprouts upward with a seat at the tip. He turns to the Edmunites, "I will not abandon you. You may all feel the embrace of Winter."

Heal (2), Mind +2, Architecture +2, Mining +2.

The grand dragon that was Vordaldol gazed at Winter, turning her body to meet him. Her eyes showing a little amusement, and maybe annoyance.

"Winter... I, the greatest of the gods, have equal amounts of worshipers with you here? That is absurd! Though, in my grace, I'll allow those that willfully follow you to stay here. As long as they don't try to take the hearts of the people as a whole away from me. I need to eat, for I do have a body that needs a good upkeep, and the worship of these people shall do for me."

"I have been exploring the world for others to speak my name, have you not been doing the same? Have you not found anyone else to whisper your name in awe? If so, then back off! And let me keep what is mine here and take the scraps... unless you are willing to share with me worship of some other race that you've discovered."

Her eyes narrow and her voice becomes amused.

"If that is the case then you and me might have a future working together lord Winter... maybe that polytheistic religion could be a reality. With different levels of our influence in different regions of the world. For example a majority of my worship would be here with yours as a minority, while elsewhere you could have the majority and my worshipers would be the minority. Do you understand my generous offer?"

She was suspecting a bit for her part, but she also thought that gaining knowledge on some other races could be worth while, and a ally could be a valuable thing.

Shimeran
2015-11-14, 10:48 PM
Among the worms, colonies of meandering strands found themselves agitated. Insulated in the soil, they had known only slow growth. But now the turbulence of surface seemed to be infesting them, burning with an alien urgency. For the first time in their existence, awareness started creeping into them. No longer simply reacting, they began to understand their actions and that there where things outside themselves.

There was no way to prepare for such an unprecedented shock. Many colonies broke down, some refusing the insight to try sinking back into oblivion. Others found their awareness shattered as it form, leading to fragmented minds and quite often illness or death.

However, here and there among the colonies, some did manage to hold onto that spark of awareness and in a few it ignited a dreadful hunger they had never known. For the first time, those colonies burned with wanting to know about this world they had suddenly become aware of. The first insight would come from the things closest to them. They began paying attention to the things they were breaking down, trying to understand their nature as those things were consumed.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-14, 10:50 PM
The grand dragon that was Vordaldol gazed at Winter, turning her body to meet him. Her eyes showing a little amusement, and maybe annoyance.

"Winter... I, the greatest of the gods, have equal amounts of worshipers with you here? That is absurd! Though, in my grace, I'll allow those that willfully follow you to stay here. As long as they don't try to take the hearts of the people as a whole away from me. I need to eat, for I do have a body that needs a good upkeep, and the worship of these people shall do for me."

"I have been exploring the world for others to speak my name, have you not been doing the same? Have you not found anyone else to whisper your name in awe? If so, then back off! And let me keep what is mine here and take the scraps... unless you are willing to share with me worship of some other race that you've discovered."

Her eyes narrow and her voice becomes amused.

"If that is the case then you and me might have a future working together lord Winter... maybe that polytheistic religion could be a reality. With different levels of our influence in different regions of the world. For example a majority of my worship would be here with yours as a minority, while elsewhere you could have the majority and my worshipers would be the minority. Do you understand my generous offer?"

She was suspecting a bit for her part, but she also thought that gaining knowledge on some other races could be worth while, and a ally could be a valuable thing.

Winter gives a bow to Vordaldol and begins speaking once more. "Your generousity is as your beauty, marvelous and unending. To the North and the East of the grand mountain lies of number of hives. Within those hives live a race known as the Scardites. Already an entire hive worships me and many more in other hives, I am sure that amongst their warrior caste you will be able to find a number of worshipers. So tell me Vordaldol, how has your day been? I am sure one as beautiful and powerful as yourself hasn't spent all of her time here. Have you met with any other races or gods yet?

Elbeyon
2015-11-14, 10:58 PM
Jinan to Magma Worms

A bird among worms, Jinan spends her time twisting light into the colorful for display. Rocks taken to the sky and dropped on the ground like a drum. Her human form holds iron to beat iron showing an ability for metalcraft. Instead of taking apart rocks for a cavernous home, she builds an earthen home by combing rocks together. Her hope to inspire the worms on some type of path besides play, and for that they may learn from her. All throughout she'll offer the group conversation for they may practice speechcraft if they want and answer questions that they might hold.

She tells them tales of the old world. A world filled with more life than there is now. A world with song, drink, chivalry, and the with cruelties not yet imagined by this world. That there are forces that wish to eat the friends of the world and consume its strength for their own. Growing more solemn as she speaks on the subject. She warns them that they need prepare and ready to defend their friends.

At some point in the following days her watchful eye towards Vordaldol catches her flight away from the forest. "Be careful.", she says. "The world is a dangerous place." As time moves on Jinan grows more distant, disappearing at times throughout her stay until she begins to mention that she must leave soon. That the other legends are moving too quickly for her to stay in one spot for long.

Probably Pixel
2015-11-15, 04:33 AM
The dark jelly begins grazing upon the grass and leaf litter, gaining mass with every molecule it consumes. After eating around four hundred blades of grass, the Jelly suddenly splits in two!

It is a very peculiar experience for the slime. Is it two? The slime is in two parts, two places. It is separate. No, no, is it one? It can see in it's mind what both parts feel, what they both sense. The Jelly is very confused, but content.

The slimes move apart, devouring more foliage. It creates yet another slime. Then another. Then another! Soon there are five individual jellies, with one mind, one thought, but five positions.

Perhaps the slimes can attack a bigger target - a tree. With a ferocious push, the slimes all barge into the nearest tree. This has no effect. Over and over the slimes attack, but with no effect. But then the slime has an idea! Two of the slimes place themselves underneath the trees roots. They push upwards whilst the other slime pull backwards. Eventually, the tree topples over, crushing one slime. The other slimes crowd around the formless jelly and understand that they are not invincible.

kemmotar
2015-11-15, 05:59 AM
Weaver to Ur-Vine

I could teach you the ways of the weave, to draw from it and alter it as you see fit. The world is large my friend, though you have not experienced it, and it awakening it. I would teach you what you need to stake your place in it. I would give you wings and eyes that range far. I would give you mastery over the elements, not to fear fire but use it.

She paused, considering how to answer the second question.

As to why, well, you my little Vine of Ur, you speaking, living, thinking jungle...

She said caressing one of the blossoms.

You are interesting, you are unique and you may have the singularity of purpose and single-mindedness to become great. I would like to see what you can achieve.

Slight pause.

There are of course reasons much more mundane, as I told you, beings like myself, are not that much different from the rest of the weave, we need energy to grow. That energy comes from you. Your thoughts will sustain me and your worship will strengthen me. And of course, loyalty and worship are rewarded. The more of yourself you pledge the more I shall teach you.

Let's say language taught before was closer to 15.
Also offering to do the following, splice small parts of the central "bulb" into birds and functional shapes and teach that process to Ur-Vine in exchange for worshippers.
Also offering to teach As Above, Twice Below, Knot in the Pattern and Elemental Weave. All of the above in numbers corresponding to worship. Let me know how much you're interested in what and we'll work it out.

ArlEammon
2015-11-15, 08:56 AM
Edmonite Culture

Edmonite society flourished. With the aid of Winter and Vordaldol, the Edmonite society of hundreds rapidly approached it's first thousand inhabitants. Runic magic could stall nutritional deficiency, and the Edmonites became even superior hunters to themselves, where they were already skilled. Architecture flourished, and the hovels were now wooden and thatched cottages, not to mention, their medicinal healers were now far better than before, because of quicker learning. Their healers and herbalists wandered through the nearby wilderness and gathered superior herbal medicines without the need to experiment on themselves with dangerous plants. Eventually, the Edmonite civilization even began to experiment with copper and tin, not yet making bronze tools, they nonetheless discovered metallurgy in silver, copper and tin, and even to some extent, brass. The people's minds grew even less apathetic and more diligent in learning. Small brass knives were then implemented for use in self defense, as Edmonite explorers began to travel north ward, and a group of hundreds of men and women settled to the East. With their societal structure now more organized with druids leading the culture with their religious guidelines, Edmonite people began to consider themselves "The Gifted People". The Gifted People, Edmonites, began to domesticate animals, instead of just hunting game, they began to consume cooked mutton, and chickens.

+1 Druids
+1 Brain
+2 Metallurgy
+1 Animal Domestication

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-15, 10:00 AM
Ur-Vine to Weaver

After a short silence as the vine considered the words of the creature, it responded, once again in the voice of the creature.

"I am Curious of The world Beyond. Teach Me."

Dedicate all 500 current population units to The Weaver faithwise.

kemmotar
2015-11-15, 11:22 AM
Weaver to Ur-Vine

The Weaver smiled, feeling the shift in the weave around her upon agreement and set about teaching the curious being the basics of the skills she had promised. During the times when the Ur-Vine was practicing she set about fulfilling the second part of her promise. First she delved deep into the earth where the centre of the being was located and touched it lightly, feeling its connection with the world and the rest of the forest. Two pieces she removed without separating it from the pattern, thus allowing it to range far into the world. One shape was small and winged, its sensory perception limited to sight. The second was larger, the size of a humanoid and roughly the same shape, though its surface was carven with a complex spiderweb pattern. It had eyes with which to see, ears and a mouth to communicate. To craft these body she delved deep into the earth for materials, strong and light with a bluish hue. Animated with magic, these two were only the beginning. Eventually, there would be more.

teaching 10 language, 10 as above twice below, 10 knot in the pattern, 10 elemental weave, and 10 life is a pattern. It will probably take time, how much we'll wait for the GM to tell give us guidance OOC. Also teaching the method necessary to splice its own bulb into ambulatory shapes and creating two such shapes herself. The two bodies can be considered golems and are made using natural materials and constructed using artifice. For the material think mithril/titanium

neriractor
2015-11-15, 12:26 PM
the chieftain apoints three mighty warriors to handle the worship of winter, he and many more work around while moving trough the tundra, already feeling the gifts of winter upon them.

+5 points to toughness.
5 points left this week.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-15, 01:02 PM
the chieftain apoints three mighty warriors to handle the worship of winter, he and many more work around while moving trough the tundra, already feeling the gifts of winter upon them.

+5 points to toughness.
5 points left this week.

The apple tree lies sadly in waiting, hoping that one of the Midigods steps forward to eat from it.

neriractor
2015-11-15, 01:15 PM
The apple tree lies sadly in waiting, hoping that one of the Midigods steps forward to eat from it.

and a small kid steps forward, feeling a call from the three he takes a bite from one of the fruits that are close enough for him to grab.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-15, 01:23 PM
and a small kid steps forward, feeling a call from the three he takes a bite from one of the fruits that are close enough for him to grab.

A sense of content and happiness flows through the young child as bites into the juicy, tender, and delicious flesh of the apple. The tree feels joy and drops a few more apples to roll forward to more Midigods.

Hundreds of miles away, Winter smiles.

'I'll have to keep an eye on that boy. He has an interesting future ahead of him.'

He continues waiting for Vordaldol's response.

kemmotar
2015-11-15, 02:42 PM
Weaver to all species

Satisfied with the direction things were taking so far, the Weaver decided it was time to widen the scope of operations. She caught a small number of birds and worked her magic on their forms and abilities drawing energy by shortening their patterns to fuel the changes necessary. They only needed to persist for a limited time to accomplish their purpose. The birds were infused with speed and a limited sense of the pattern, enough to find an intelligent species and the ability to deliver the following message in whatever approximation of centre of gathering there might be.

Those of you who would be seek mastery over that which lies at the heart of everything living from the Weaver of Patterns, send a representative with strength of mind, able to abosrb such lessons, to the jungle that lies south west of the great mountain. The forest is under my protection.

The birds were also changed so that their plummage became fuller, bright blue and tinged with gold. They also trailed a very thin line of flame from their long tails. Upon delivering their message, the birds disappear into a small ball of light that touch the ground beneath them burning a map in the ground showing the location of the forest.

I doubt the birds would notice the Jellies at this point unless they want to be noticed by the bird? I leave it up to you.

Alfa
2015-11-15, 02:42 PM
Winter gives a bow to Vordaldol and begins speaking once more. "Your generousity is as your beauty, marvelous and unending. To the North and the East of the grand mountain lies of number of hives. Within those hives live a race known as the Scardites. Already an entire hive worships me and many more in other hives, I am sure that amongst their warrior caste you will be able to find a number of worshipers. So tell me Vordaldol, how has your day been? I am sure one as beautiful and powerful as yourself hasn't spent all of her time here. Have you met with any other races or gods yet?

Vordaldol with a flap of her wings begins to hover in the sky, she was beginning to tire (emotionally) from her travel and generosity that she has given, but she still needed to make a suitable place for her here before she'd stop. As well as answer the weakling god.

"Horrible. I have flown across the north in search of worshipers and found only a pile of slime that just wanted to eat, the trip there was a waste of time. *Grumble* I'll find more than these people to speak my name soon enough. At least this place seems suitable to be a good home..."

"As to gods, you are the first to speak to me since the great wars that I fought before my sleep, I'm guessing whoever else is out there has been running in the opposite direction as me. A smart choice for most."

"The way you describe the Scardites, makes them sound like their insects. Interesting, I'll have to see them soon enough. With the intention of only claiming just a small portion of their worship, as you shall have here, for I am fair."

With that Vordaldol yawned to indicate her wanting to end the conversation.

Elbeyon
2015-11-15, 03:05 PM
Jinan the Phoenix to Scardites

The Phoenix glides through the trees and lands on the outskirts of one of the Scardites colonies. "I am Jinan. What should I call you?"

Point her wing skyward her feathers shine with light and leave images in their wake. Visions of fortified stone cities with its citizens working together to bring the city to life. An organized colony of sorts filling their needs. "I will teach you how to build things of wonder. Worship me and I will shall teach you the secrets of the earth and the mind."

Jinan is offering Agriculture (5), Mining (5), Masonry (5), and Construction (5) in return for worshipers.

Jinan the Phoenix to The Midigods

A large bird covered in flames greats the Midigods black nights before it presents itself to the giants on the ground. Around its talon feet and fiery body the winters coldness loses its bite. "I am Jinan. What should I call you?"

Wings flaps send a gust of warm air throughout the group. "I bring warmth to your hearth and offer mastery over winter. Instead of enduring winter's oppression I can teach you to harness fire, stone, and the power to end your suffering."

Jinan is offering to work with the Midigods over the years to teach them primitive skills (5), mining (5), masonry (5), domestication (5), tools (5) in return for worship and loyalty. And, if they are interested she'll start to show them the way south towards grasslands.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-15, 03:19 PM
Vordaldol with a flap of her wings begins to hover in the sky, she was beginning to tire (emotionally) from her travel and generosity that she has given, but she still needed to make a suitable place for her here before she'd stop. As well as answer the weakling god.

"Horrible. I have flown across the north in search of worshipers and found only a pile of slime that just wanted to eat, the trip there was a waste of time. *Grumble* I'll find more than these people to speak my name soon enough. At least this place seems suitable to be a good home..."

"As to gods, you are the first to speak to me since the great wars that I fought before my sleep, I'm guessing whoever else is out there has been running in the opposite direction as me. A smart choice for most."

"The way you describe the Scardites, makes them sound like their insects. Interesting, I'll have to see them soon enough. With the intention of only claiming just a small portion of their worship, as you shall have here, for I am fair."

With that Vordaldol yawned to indicate her wanting to end the conversation.

"Farewell beautiful Vordaldol, for I must leave as well. I wish you luck in your search for worshipers. If you feel like talking you may communicate to me through this crystal. I shall now leave your grace. Goodbye." with that said, the Simalucrum turns to steam and dissipates in the sky. Winter takes off in his Chariot once more and heads to the Scardite tribe that worships him completely.

He teaches Scardites Metalwork 5, Mathematics 5, Written Language 5, and Logistics 5

He sends messages to the Midigods teaching Mathematics 5, Written Language 5, Logistics 5, and Tactics 5

Hail, fair queen. I come to you with a proposition. There seem to be many rivers in this area, and very little use coming from them. I suggest beginning a shipping enterprise. Now, you may ask how it is possible for a river to be used to transport goods. Simple, create a boat. A boat is a foreign concept to many of the new races so I'll elaborate. A boat is a wooden vessel that floats on water and is able to carry goods and passengers. A rowboat is what i suggest you make, with oars and workers you will be able to propel yourself down the rivers to other tribes for trade. This is much safer than land routes with dangerous beasts and raiders, or tunnels with poisonous air and collapsing sealings. Indeed, with control of the rivers you may well become the most powerful Scardite Queen." he smiles serenely as he waits for an answer. He also sends messages to some of his more pious worshipers to convert those around them and travel to convert more once they have done so. Teaches Scardites Ships 5.

Alfa
2015-11-15, 08:31 PM
The great dragon Vordaldol, flew across it's newfound territory. Across the woods and mountains that were there, flying all the way down to the southern most peninsula (which is a large mountain range with a quick drop to water). Searching across the whole of the place with her large green eyes, Vordaldol decided that on the highest point of the first mountain along the peninsula would be her home, made through her acid breath and claws.

It'd take some time but she'll get a well built cave soon enough.

neriractor
2015-11-15, 09:59 PM
Jinan the Phoenix to The Midigods

A large bird covered in flames greats the Midigods black nights before it presents itself to the giants on the ground. Around its talon feet and fiery body the winters coldness loses its bite. "I am Jinan. What should I call you?"

Wings flaps send a gust of warm air throughout the group. "I bring warmth to your hearth and offer mastery over winter. Instead of enduring winter's oppression I can teach you to harness fire, stone, and the power to end your suffering."

Jinan is offering to work with the Midigods over the years to teach them primitive skills (5), mining (5), masonry (5), domestication (5), tools (5) in return for worship and loyalty. And, if they are interested she'll start to show them the way south towards grasslands.

a woman wearing leather garments walks towards the divine figure and kneels "finally comes somebody to release us from winters opression, guide us ohh great mother and we will follow."

120 worshipers start following the phoenix, for now there is no animosity between the followers of winter and the phoenix.

Probably Pixel
2015-11-16, 01:40 AM
The dark slimes, now numbering sixteen, are completely destroying the surrounding enviroment. With a single acidic touch, the grass melts away beneath them, with one morphing tentacle, they bring down a tree. The slimes are completely loving their own ferocity. Slowly but surely, they destroy all natural vegetation. They begin to move north east, towards the magma worms.

*Will anything stop their wrath?*

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-16, 04:43 PM
As the queen thinks over Winter's proposal, he telepathically seeks out the slime and says ,"Hello friend. I hear the great Vordaldol has you quite wrapped around her thumb. Send a portion of yourself northwest to the big mountain. I want to speak with you there. To make sure you get there I'll give you a small bit of a boost and some supplies."

Gives Dark Jelly Heal (2) and a temporary (5) toughness buff.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-16, 08:09 PM
Winter waits a few days, taking care of business in his domains and teaching his doctrine to his Northern, Southern, and Eastern high priests. After stabilizing and asserting his power he calls on the ancient powers of the Moot.

"Gods and Goddesses of the world. I call the Moot. We must establish guidelines for this new world. After all, I'm sure none of us want repeats of the first, fifth and twelfth ages. We shall meet on the mountain where we awoke."

Winter hovers a few meters above the highest peak in waiting.

So, how did the queen take it? And how did the rest react? After seeing how this queens hive has prospered are any converting?

Shimeran
2015-11-16, 08:48 PM
Having studied things in the depths, the Cyathan began reaching toward the surface to examine to learn more of their providers. When they happened upon the occasionally fallen body, they were quick to send their mycellia into it, eager to learn the secrets of these creatures the seemed to move so freely overhead.

Investing in +5 Cognitive Networks (to 10), +5 in anatomy via decomposition

Zmeoaice
2015-11-16, 10:37 PM
Jinan the Phoenix to Scardites

The Phoenix glides through the trees and lands on the outskirts of one of the Scardites colonies. "I am Jinan. What should I call you?"

Point her wing skyward her feathers shine with light and leave images in their wake. Visions of fortified stone cities with its citizens working together to bring the city to life. An organized colony of sorts filling their needs. "I will teach you how to build things of wonder. Worship me and I will shall teach you the secrets of the earth and the mind."

Jinan is offering Agriculture (5), Mining (5), Masonry (5), and Construction (5) in return for worshipers.
[/B]."

Two queens accept, and the subjects are very grateful for her teachings. She gets 300 worshipers, 125 from 2 Colonies, 50 from the other 2 colonies.

"Farewell beautiful Vordaldol, for I must leave as well. I wish you luck in your search for worshipers. If you feel like talking you may communicate to me through this crystal. I shall now leave your grace. Goodbye." with that said, the Simalucrum turns to steam and dissipates in the sky. Winter takes off in his Chariot once more and heads to the Scardite tribe that worships him completely.

He teaches Scardites Metalwork 5, Mathematics 5, Written Language 5, and Logistics 5

He sends messages to the Midigods teaching Mathematics 5, Written Language 5, Logistics 5, and Tactics 5

Hail, fair queen. I come to you with a proposition. There seem to be many rivers in this area, and very little use coming from them. I suggest beginning a shipping enterprise. Now, you may ask how it is possible for a river to be used to transport goods. Simple, create a boat. A boat is a foreign concept to many of the new races so I'll elaborate. A boat is a wooden vessel that floats on water and is able to carry goods and passengers. A rowboat is what i suggest you make, with oars and workers you will be able to propel yourself down the rivers to other tribes for trade. This is much safer than land routes with dangerous beasts and raiders, or tunnels with poisonous air and collapsing sealings. Indeed, with control of the rivers you may well become the most powerful Scardite Queen." he smiles serenely as he waits for an answer. He also sends messages to some of his more pious worshipers to convert those around them and travel to convert more once they have done so. Teaches Scardites Ships 5.

The Queen Accepts and the colony begins to make ships to sail the rivers, and works with a few other colony members to do so. The Scardites use masonry and construction to build ships faster. Winder God gets 50 more worshipers.

Meanwhile the followers of Jinan use their Agricultural knowledge to take care of the Cyathan and increase food supply for both races.

Alfa
2015-11-16, 11:27 PM
Vordaldol's Grand Cave:

Something of a copy of the one that she had been sleeping in before, the cave that she now dwells in is a large complex made pretty much to fit just her whole body about three times (a large scale if you think about it) in length and allow her to raise her head comfortably. Filled with the treasures that she had collected from previous ages (taken from her original cave, a few long flights) like how a child stuffs their toys into the closest.

Doing all this did make her reconsider the weaklings words on boats, simple things, yet maybe they could be of use to her. She'd have to talk to Winter again if she was to get them easily, which was not something that she was happy to do.

Maybe she could get of her worshipers to work on her cave... no the grubby little thieves would probably steal from her if she let them into her cave without her permission. She did not have the magical strength yet to ward off such things as of yet.

The great dragon Vordaldol sighed with that thought. She's been reduced to such a weak form! If she was to regain her strength she needed to establish her might and worship once more! But she also wanted to keep herself united, it does not pay well to be spread to thin... better to have a strong center than a weak one.

The greatest of the gods was going about her weekly flights across her territory, seeing the people down below with little interest, other than the fact that those that offered the strongest worship were given a boost in physical might. Her form blocked out the sun, making it like a eclipse. For now the puny ones would do well to grow, but soon they must learn to draw blood.

(Guessing this either happens after or at the same time as the exchange the slimes and Winter are having)
So the greatest of the gods flew across the continent looking back to see how the pile of slime was doing, seeing it's progress made the dragon not want to eat it, but the taint of other gods on it's mind made the dragon grumble in rage.

"Keep those of lower status than me out of your mind, you puny creatures! I, your god, am the sole source of brutal strength! The way to obtain everything in this world can come though it. Be it shelter, food, or entertainment. I see this in you, embrace the part of me that is in you and flourish."

Though she doubted she did anything other than intimidate it with her presence, and give it a extra boost in production.

The great dragon flew back down to it's home, ready to think and ponder it's next actions.

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-17, 12:23 AM
The Ur-Vine

Day became weeks, weeks became months, and months became years as the vine focused upon its new found power and upon both the world and the jungle it lived within.

Light rain became a constant in one place or another within the jungle and the winds that blew through it seemed to become softer as the vine learned to manipulate the mechanics of weather around it and began to alter the patterns of it both subtly and bluntly.

The plants that the vine fed off of both parasitically and symbiotically began to slowly undergo changes as they became more like the vine physically. Their leaves turning black and shiny, their sap and flowers turning red like wine or blood, and their roots becoming both more invasive and more symbiotic with eachother. All of this as the vine learned to pattern itself after other things and other things after it.

The mind of the vine expanded outwards and inwards as it always did over the years, growing more powerful and in a rare occasion more versatile in it's power through its experimentation with the weave having learned to manipulate reality more intuitively. Through it's strength of mind it also willed small improvements to its form, subtle mutations for it to better survive and thrive in the world beyond it's current form.

And as it did all of this, it's form continue to grow and creep out both through the jungle and into the land beyond through conventional methods and learned new ones. Curious and eternally hungry it began to release the forms it was taught by the odd creature known as the weaver out into the world.

All of the below have been increased by one, the numbers are their new values.

Physical
Connectivity: 8
Growth: 8
Infectiousness: 5
Manipulation: 5
Resilience: 8

Supernatural
Psionic Presence (Source): 11
Clairsentience: 1
Psychokinesis: 1
Psychometabolism: 1
Unnatural Will: 11

Probably Pixel
2015-11-17, 12:42 AM
As the queen thinks over Winter's proposal, he telepathically seeks out the slime and says ,"Hello friend. I hear the great Vordaldol has you quite wrapped around her thumb. Send a portion of yourself northwest to the big mountain. I want to speak with you there. To make sure you get there I'll give you a small bit of a boost and some supplies."

Gives Dark Jelly Heal (2) and a temporary (5) toughness buff.

A small portion of the slime break off, heading towards the mountain.

When it arrives, it thinks; Before you speak, know there has been one before you. A legend who wished to deter us from our lord, and worship him instead. He said that Vorbaldol is dimwitted, and could only teach us the path of power... well if you want us to worship you, show us a power greater still.

Meanwhile... the slimes continue to eat trees and stuff.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-17, 12:57 AM
A small portion of the slime break off, heading towards the mountain.

When it arrives, it thinks; Before you speak, know there has been one before you. A legend who wished to deter us from our lord, and worship him instead. He said that Vorbaldol is dimwitted, and could only teach us the path of power... well if you want us to worship you, show us a power greater still.

Meanwhile... the slimes continue to eat trees and stuff.

Winters grins. He begins transforming the slime on the mountain with him into a human-like creature glowing with ice around it. "You will be able to shapeshift and disguise yourself as other races. You will gain control over transmutative magic, and you will force your mind onto the environment. This power and more can come to you if you worship me." He looks at the Jelly, who by now had returned to his original form. "You specifically, I want to take you as an apprentice."

He steps into his chariot and gestures invitingly.

neriractor
2015-11-17, 05:54 PM
people live and die, the midigods that followed the phoenix to the south began a more quiet and pacific life as farmers that learned to train the greatest beasts to their will and making lasting houses to watch the cattle.

for the ones that remained in the north thegifts of winter had served them well, learning techniques of war and peace, they fought agaisnt the hard conditions under the banner5 of garrosh the fair, the child that took the apples and is the head paladin of winter.

toughness +5
psychic energy +2
language +2
mounts (1)
primitive skills (5)
mining (5)
masonry (5)
domestication (5)
stone tools +5
Mathematics 5
Written Language 5
Logistics 5
and Tactics 5

Shimeran
2015-11-17, 09:43 PM
In response to increased food, the Cyathans begin experimenting with different chemical mixtures to ripen their fruiting bodies after the spore packets are matured. The idea being to try a few different blends and see which most appeals to the Scardites.

In effect, the Cyathans are trying to make their produce smell and taste more appealing to encourage farming. I'll invest AP in that as I get more to spend.

kemmotar
2015-11-18, 03:31 AM
Weaver to Winter

Having sent the message and knowing that travel time for mortal species would not merit her waiting around, the Weaver decided to answer the call of the one who spoke into her mind, if only out of curiosity. Arriving there she saw the one she presumed to be the caller and dark jelly like creature. Limited intelligence, devourer. The one who would call was evidently preparing to leave she noticed as she approached to land shifting from bird form to her usual, bipedal form.

I believe you will find that calling a meeting of gods and then leaving with a...lower life form...could by some be conceived as an insult.

Probably Pixel
2015-11-18, 08:59 AM
Winters grins. He begins transforming the slime on the mountain with him into a human-like creature glowing with ice around it. "You will be able to shapeshift and disguise yourself as other races. You will gain control over transmutative magic, and you will force your mind onto the environment. This power and more can come to you if you worship me." He looks at the Jelly, who by now had returned to his original form. "You specifically, I want to take you as an apprentice."

He steps into his chariot and gestures invitingly.

The slime attempts to mold into a human. It climbs up, developing arms, head and body. It jiggles slightly and falls back into it's basic form.
No matter how many times it tries, it can only manage a crude humanoid form. The slime turns to winter.

"I Accept"

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-18, 09:19 AM
The Ur-Vine

The Ur-Vine found the new senses granted to it by The Weaver's bird shapes to be odd as it formed them from it's flesh. It found flight awkward and tiring on the shapes and so their patterns were altered further to be more comfortable and familiar to it.

At first one was sent into the world, and then another, and then another, and then another, until eight flocks of three of the bird shapes were exploring. All leaving from the jungle they went in each of the Cardinal directions.

In the East, North East, and West the vine discovered deserts and landed one form each at the edge to plant itself. Sensing death beyond the points it found and seeing nothing ahead they turned back and upon reaching the point between the planted form and the jungle sent one form north and one form south. The forms traveled a few kilometers in their directions before planting themselves as the ones at the edge did.

In the South and the South West the vine discovered the ocean and landed one form each in the grasses near the beaches to plant itself. It could not see lands beyond and the salt in the water made it feel ill and so it acted as it did with the deserts. Both of the two flocks sent their remaining two back to the halfway point between the jungle and the planted forms before each sending them in opposite directions and planting themselves after a few kilometers.

In the South West the vine landed one of its form in the grasses near the beach and planted itself as those in the South and the South West, but the vine saw something in the distance. It saw more land and so one of its forms returned to the half way point as it had happened with the others to plant itself but it did so without changing direction first, while the remaining form continued ahead over the water and towards the land. It flew to the island and after a short time looking upon it, it landed and planted itself near the center of the island.

In the North West the vine flew until it reached a mountain, one form planted itself at the base and two returned to the halfway point and did as the others did.

In the North the remaining three forms the vine sent out flew to the grasslands. One of them planted itself at the edge and the other two continued onward. There the vine discovered odd creatures, they looked like the creatures that had sacrificed themselves, but they didn't seem to be the creatures. They were different. Seemed different. The vine used the two remaining bird forms to watch them curiously. They were unlike the creatures within its jungle and they had thought to them.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-19, 10:59 PM
Weaver to Winter

Having sent the message and knowing that travel time for mortal species would not merit her waiting around, the Weaver decided to answer the call of the one who spoke into her mind, if only out of curiosity. Arriving there she saw the one she presumed to be the caller and dark jelly like creature. Limited intelligence, devourer. The one who would call was evidently preparing to leave she noticed as she approached to land shifting from bird form to her usual, bipedal form.

I believe you will find that calling a meeting of gods and then leaving with a...lower life form...could by some be conceived as an insult.

"Hmmmhehehemmm, I apologize fair Weaver, but when I told you to meet at the great mountain I was speaking of the one where we awoke. I in fact have a simalucrum waiting there for the other gods. I apologize that you have come all this way though, would you like to join me on my chariot to ride back to the mountain?"

Probably Pixel
2015-11-20, 08:46 AM
"Hmmmhehehemmm, I apologize fair Weaver, but when I told you to meet at the great mountain I was speaking of the one where we awoke. I in fact have a simalucrum waiting there for the other gods. I apologize that you have come all this way though, would you like to join me on my chariot to ride back to the mountain?"

The slime (who shall be referred to as Slimey) says "Wait. Who are you talking to?"

Emperor Demonking
2015-11-20, 11:47 AM
An era of utter peace and prosperity. The Sparks fuelled a never before seen boom.

+20% population for everyone

Some trees weren't so fortunate. Consumed from the inside by some acidic substance. Still, none of you are trees, so what does it matter?

ArlEammon
2015-11-20, 12:46 PM
The Edmonites
The Edmonites were blessed, literally, by Voldordol and Winter. . . with their religion incorporating them in a Dualistic faith. Voldordol represented strength and power, Winter represented wisdom and learning. As the Edmonites built their hovels and maintained their physical strength, and grew in mental capacity, they noticed their farms were becoming less productive. With magical runes, their agriculture still produced more than they needed, but they only had small clay urns for preservation, and spells needed to preserve food from decay were not yet invented. Still however, despite the people's prosperity and peaceful times, they were still a very primitive society. Hygiene was very poor, people still lived short lives, and grew old too quickly. However, with the people growing healthier due to a varied diet, a constantly active life style and consistent education, their society prospered strongly even better than before. The agriculture adopted flow crops, and crop rotation, growing out of it's primitive state. Metallurgy grew to superior lengths, with the creation of bronze weapons and armors, and the Druids grew out of just being a priestly class giving guidelines for the people to live by, to also being arbiters of the law. Although agriculture was still poor, with chickens and sheep being the only live stock, crops, hunting and gathering more than made up for that fact. Now, village people of the Edmonites possessed bronze swords, in preparing for the defense of their house.

+3 Brain
+1 Toughness
+1 Strength
+2 Agriculture
+2 Metallurgy/Blacksmithing
+1 Order Of Law

kemmotar
2015-11-21, 11:13 AM
Weaver to Winter

I'd rather we spoke alone...Judging from what else I've seen and these indiscriminate devourers I'm interested more in your reasons for unilaterally calling this "meeting" than the others so far.

Shimeran
2015-11-21, 08:28 PM
Rumors of the legends began trickling into the buried minds of the Cythans. Though their knowledge was limited, it was becoming a favorite topic among the colonies.

Another focus growing minds was producing different strains of produce for their neighbors. Given their limited understanding of their harvesters, they stuck with growing strains in clusters and giving each a distinctive aroma and color pattern. Any strain could keep their neighbors interest would be replaced by a new one in the next cycle.

This new system would bring an unexpected harvest of it's own. The new color patterning and tightly controlled growth was so unlike normal growth as the draw attention from the air, namely one of the Weaver's fiery emissaries. Though the flames where initially a cause of panic, the message was eventually absorbed. Making such a trek would be difficult, though perhaps they could build an emissary of their own in time.

Their recent interest in the life around them also lead to an encouraging their insect agents to retrieve bits of animal anatomy when they could. Given the Scardites knowledge of the language of scent they could readily eavesdrop on such messages, though whether they would act on that interest remains to be seen.

I'm currently planning on sinking another 5 points into brains to keep bringing their intellect up toward humans levels. I'll likely throttle back on the anatomy studies a bit to start ramping up a "culinary appeal" skill, perhaps 2 anatomy, 3 appeal.

Anti-Eagle
2015-11-24, 04:21 PM
The Ur-Vine

The Vine watched the world as it's mind and body expanded out into it. It learned both plenty and little as it watched what it discovered, it's mind hosting a growing compulsion to view everything as a pattern under the growing influence of the weaver. It was this pattern it saw that made it realize that some of the tree's that it was feeding upon were being consumed from the inside out by an acid, an oddity it became curious of but couldn't see the source of.

Experimentation upon the world around it and upon itself became constant, manipulations of the weave both subtle and blunt grew in complexity, the expansion of mind that the vine felt and in actuality forced upon itself continued, and the vine contemplated the creatures it had found.

As so much changed for the vine in what seemed so short a time to it, it saw need to form a second "center" for itself as it tried to understand the thoughts that made it feel the desire to do so. The island off the coast that it had found and had began to root into served it's needs as it began to root itself deeper into the soil of the island and try to remember how it formed the first center in the first place.

The 100 new population units are dedicated to The Weaver faithwise.

---

All of the below have been increased by one, the numbers are their new values.

Physical
Connectivity: 9
Growth: 9
Infectiousness: 6
Manipulation: 6
Resilience: 9

Supernatural
Psionic Presence (Source): 12
Metacreativity: 1
Psychoportation: 1
Telepathy: 1
Unnatural Will: 12

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-24, 10:44 PM
Weaver to Winter

I'd rather we spoke alone...Judging from what else I've seen and these indiscriminate devourers I'm interested more in your reasons for unilaterally calling this "meeting" than the others so far.

"I merely wish for us to set up guidelines for our interactions with mortals and how we shall interact with each other."

He reaches into his chariot "Tea, madame?"

kemmotar
2015-11-25, 10:30 AM
Weaver to Winter

Finally, someone with some manners. I would love some tea.

She said as she stepped onto the chariot, the cramped quarters were not to her liking. Especially when having to share it with such a lesser species, much less one so inferior. With a touch she freezes its pattern long enough for a coincidental gust of wind to blow it off the chariot.

Now then, out of curiosity. Say we decided on guidelines and what not and then one of us decided to be less than civilised and breaks one or all of said guidelines? Would you be planning to do the enforcing? Pardon my saying so but you dont look very...martial.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-25, 09:36 PM
Weaver to Winter

Finally, someone with some manners. I would love some tea.

She said as she stepped onto the chariot, the cramped quarters were not to her liking. Especially when having to share it with such a lesser species, much less one so inferior. With a touch she freezes its pattern long enough for a coincidental gust of wind to blow it off the chariot.

Now then, out of curiosity. Say we decided on guidelines and what not and then one of us decided to be less than civilised and breaks one or all of said guidelines? Would you be planning to do the enforcing? Pardon my saying so but you dont look very...martial.

Winter gently floats down Slimey and tells him he'll be contacted soon. Upon seeing Weaver's discomfort he expands the seats.

"Hmm, I don't look very martial? Good. That way they won't expect it when I rip apart their essence and consume their power. But in all seriousness I would likely imprison the offender for a period of time befitting the transgressions performed." He hands her a cup of tea. He drinks from his own and continues speaking. "I understand that you are more intelligent than most other gods. I'd like to write up a code of laws along with you, that way we can both find any loopholes. Is there anything you would like from me? I can see forming an alliance with you." He smiles. "Although I'm sure a beautiful and powerful lady like you is quite self-sufficient."

kemmotar
2015-11-26, 03:20 AM
Weaver

Hmm, alliance. Seems like men, no matter the age, power or relative temperature never change. A lady likes to be courted, or did you think a cup of tea would be sufficient to get me in the bag? So to speak. Much like your theoretical prisoner, I would simply escape using my strengths. No my dear stranger , imprisonment would not work, as with women, enemies must be made to love or fear you completely or you will spend a lifetime making sure they are still where you put them.

The Weaver sipped at her tea looking at winter from over the rim of her cup, stopping apparently mid thought and picked up where she had left off as if there had been no pause.

What you need is a big stick and to make sure that stick will never turn against you or your rules. Excellent tea, a bit cold though.

Vaarsuvio
2015-11-26, 04:24 PM
Weaver

Hmm, alliance. Seems like men, no matter the age, power or relative temperature never change. A lady likes to be courted, or did you think a cup of tea would be sufficient to get me in the bag? So to speak. Much like your theoretical prisoner, I would simply escape using my strengths. No my dear stranger , imprisonment would not work, as with women, enemies must be made to love or fear you completely or you will spend a lifetime making sure they are still where you put them.

The Weaver sipped at her tea looking at winter from over the rim of her cup, stopping apparently mid thought and picked up where she had left off as if there had been no pause.

What you need is a big stick and to make sure that stick will never turn against you or your rules. Excellent tea, a bit cold though.

Winter, in the middle of taking a sip of tea, sputters into his cup and goes redfaced. "Whu- seems like men? In the bag? Um, no- I mean I wasn't looking for that type of alliance- not that I wouldn't consider it. I mean, i wanted an agreement of mutual support and protection. No, that makes it worse. I merely wanted a diplomatic partnership."

He takes a moment to regain his composure. "I just don't want us to be at each others' throat."

Probably Pixel
2015-11-27, 01:25 AM
Slimey puts his hands to hips. "How rude" he thinks to himself. "I come all this way..."

Meanwhile, the horde of slime begin to get hotter... But they get used to it quickly.

+1 heat resistance

kemmotar
2015-11-27, 03:56 AM
Weaver

An amused and slightly predatory smile dawned on the Weaver's face at Winter's reaction.

Just a metaphor dear stranger. Just a metaphor, no need to get so flustered. Besides, with a reaction like that one may take insult....Nevertheless, this is a...business meeting. You've mentioned an alliance twice, that you don't want us at each others' throats but you've also expressed happiness at your apparent deceptive appearance, perhaps it is you who is planning something..or perhaps you are weak and want others to align with you for safety...Yet I've heard no reason why I should join. And making a start I think is more important than anything. For where there are two, there will always be more.

Emperor Demonking
2015-11-27, 02:05 PM
Of all the speak-filled creatures a single unit of spaark spontaneously combusted as surrounded by others. As it died it comunicated one thought: "Worship Me!"

Pop-Growth: 10% + 10% if you posted

Turn Three Begins

ArlEammon
2015-11-27, 03:04 PM
Edmonite Society Flourishes
The Edmonite Society continued to flourish, crop rotation agriculture, live stock and hunting fed the people, while their runic magic kept the soil plentiful in it's nourishment. The creatures that Edmonite folk ate included chickens and sheep. . . mutton and chickens, as well as vegetables and wheat crops fed the people. Furthermore, they began to grow older before their deaths, and more folk grew old before they died. They still kept to their ways of oral story telling, smithing and the hunt and soil, and the rule of law was now a way of life for the people. Human kind kept to themselves as mighty Edmonites, only vaguely knowing of other lands through their ancestor's land voyage across the continent. Their limbs, once more spindly and prone to weakness, now became much firmer, due to life times worth of hunting and hard work. Their folk's wise men researched ways to operate on the Human body, hunting accidents became a good way to test surgery on the Human body, and their medicines became even more advanced, with surgeries being aided with strong herbal pain relief. To further enhance their life styles, the Edmonites honed their animal domestication with the riding of horses, and the taking in of horses and cows.

- 2 hands
- 2 brain
- 1 toughness
- 1 currency
- 2 advanced surgery
- 1 medicine
- 1 animal domestication

Shimeran
2015-11-30, 05:14 AM
As the Cyathan colonies studied fallen creatures, they began delving deeper into how those creature's brains worked. They then turned that knowledge to further developing their own minds. They also began attaching growths to the underbelly of some of their insect agents. While these buddings would have only a fraction of the mind of a full colony, they were build to remember and relay what they encountered during their journeys, allowing the colonies to gather information more directly through their agents.

Meanwhile, reflections on the legends continued. Here and there a few strange symbols started showing up in bowls of some of their blooms.

Colony size should be around 720 now, of which around 360 are involves in spiritual meditations and decorations.

Physical:
Cognitive Network: 20 ("brains")
Transport Network: 4 (underground chemical transfer)
Deep Roots: 10 (hard to attack due to living in soil)
Taste: 8
Chemical Synthesis: 12
Photosensitivity: 2
Tremor Sense: 4

Technological:
Mutualism:5 (represents insect colonies who serve them)
Language: 10 (combination of mycellial, allomone, and pheromone signalling)
Trade: 5
Anatomy: 14
Culinary Appeal: 3
Survey Harnesses: 3 (attaches record/relay growths to insect agents)

kemmotar
2015-12-01, 04:45 PM
(I assume the convo with winter wont take a century or two)
Skill increases in bold:
intelligence:80
language:30
Artifice: 40 (source)
Knot in the pattern:40 (skill)
As above, twice below:100 (source)
The earth provides: 30 (skill)
Life is a pattern: 50 (skill)
elemental weave:50 (skill)
unweave: 40 (skill)
Sense the patttern: 40
Foster: 10->+10% population growth to Ur-Vine
Infuse artifact (effectively, impress magical patterns on mundane items to create articats: 12

Teach Ur-Vine to the level of its ability (based on intelligence) increase in knot in the pattern, life is a pattern, sense the pattern and artifice (see below)
Actions:
Using her abilities in the earth provides, Weaver drew from the earth nutrients to spur the growth of each colony simultaneously using her ability to manipulate life to deepen the roots of each central node of the colony to allow further growth of each individual colony. She also changed the tips of the roots to become more sensitive by branching into fine burrowing roots to find deposits of metals and minerals that could be used to make devices. Once these had been dug up, using her knowledge in artifice she showed the ur-vine the art of manipulation of metals and minerals (in conjunction with elemental weave) as a concept to make items useful. There were two arts that she imparted. The first, using precious metals and minerals to make decorative trinkets. These, she said, would impart upon emissaries of the Ur-Vine a certain gravitas in their diplomacy. The second, was the making of weapons, or the idea thereof. Thus attired, she said, the Ur-vine was to send emmissaries to other tribes.

Having done this, the Weaver spent the rest of her time and energy on a massive undertaking. Using the maximum of her energy she altered the pattern of one specific tree. She spent much time looking for this particular tree travelling far and wide, to find a tree able to support the undertaking, a tree with the capacity to grow high as a mountain and brought this at the outskirts of the Ur-vine's original forest. She then took upon herself to force into this tree's pattern the ability to grow exponentially, its trunk hard as steel, flexible branches growing like creepers around its trunk as it grows ever upwards. But this tree would grow almost naturally so as to not destroy its pattern. To enable its growth she drew forth from the earth many minerals making a vast repository under the tree and wrapping its roots around it. She brought these forth from the earth and manipulated their pattern enhancing both their growth properties and also their elemental properties. When the tree grew to maturity it would have the ability to manipulate the air around its branches and its trunk. Its pattern also included a complicated arrangement of rooms and halls that were to be grown throughout the trunk itself leading ever upwards to the crown of the tree, a chamber open to the four points of the horizon where a pedestal would stand. When its growth was complete.

Probably Pixel
2015-12-03, 04:57 AM
The slimes continue to eat and grow. They now number a little over sixty. Becoming clustered, they begin to adopt specific positions to be in the swarm.
They are convinced. The ground they are sliding over is definitely getting hotter.
A scout slime, a few kilometres in front of the rest suddenly discovers a small, lonesome animal!
~
It appears to be a Magma worm!

OoC: +1 Tactics, +1 Fire resistance!

Anti-Eagle
2015-12-03, 11:56 AM
The Ur-Vine

As the vine watched the world it felt something odd happening inside itself. A scream! Pain! Fire! It felt part of itself die and explode into fire. The island. The fire was spreading throughout it. The vine willed heavy rain onto it as it began severing connections with the burning appendages.

As the fire slowly snuffed out and the heat died the vine felt wrong. Conflicting thoughts were taking shape in its mind before filing themselves into a sharp point. The second center in it's mild autonomy screamed at the first center that the Weaver could not be trusted, that it was doing something to it, killing the trees, putting thoughts in its head and burning it. The first center, the vine found it confusing to hear itself screaming at itself or disagreeing with itself for that matter and wasn't sure how to react.

Shortly after it's screaming of thoughts, the second voice with a growing strength to its voice plainly declared that it wouldn't share its energies with the Weaver. The vine felt confused at this development. Simply confused.

As things went on through the years it continued in its growth and experimentation upon both itself and the land around it. It began focusing efforts upon attempting to weave its innate power with what it was taught into something carrying the strengths of both and the weaknesses of neither.

100 of the new population units are dedicated to the Weaver faithwise. 700 in total are worshipping the Weaver.

---

Stats below are shown as their new values.

Physical
Connectivity: 10
Growth: 10
Infectiousness: 7
Manipulation: 7
Resilience: 10

Supernatural
Psionic Presence (Source): 13
Unnatural Will: 13

Cerebremancy (Synergy): 3

---

Cerebremancy is a supernatural ability that utilizes both psionics and the weave in a synergistc manner to enhance psionic abilies through the weave and weave abilites through psionics as well as to utilize psionic abilites through the weave and weave abilities through psionics. This is accomplished through subtle manipulations of the weave and blunt force psionics in concert with eachother.