View Full Version : Support Just a friendly word for France

Irish Musician
2015-11-13, 08:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/G7tTvOS.jpg

Support and prayers for France right now. Without going too much into it, I just wanted to give forth my support to my Playgrounders from across the pond. Stay safe, stay not afraid, stay strong.

Maryring
2015-11-13, 08:26 PM
I give my condolences to those who have experienced a sensible loss today. I can't do much, but I give my well wishes to everyone in Paris, and everyone who knows someone in Paris.

YossarianLives
2015-11-13, 08:30 PM
I was horrified when I heard the news. My best wishes go out to all those that have suffered because of this.

Unregistered
2015-11-13, 09:03 PM
My thoughts are out with the people of France. I am sad and furious.

thorgrim29
2015-11-13, 09:14 PM
Hope everyone on the playground and there loved ones are ok, this is just terrible...

My sister has a lot of friends in Paris and they seem to be ok except one who is unreachable as of a few hours ago...

Gwynfrid
2015-11-13, 09:16 PM
French expat here. Peine partagée, courage, solidarité, on pense à vous tous, là-bas.

legomaster00156
2015-11-13, 10:24 PM
I send my prayers to France, and all of the many other countries that have experienced tragic losses today.

ufo
2015-11-13, 10:38 PM
Solidarity and love goes out to those who are killed in Palestine, Syria, Kurdistan, Sudan, USA, Mexico, Venezuela and also France, along with those everywhere in the world being continuously held hostage in power struggles between those who hold the materials and money necessary to pit the people against each other.

tadkins
2015-11-13, 11:19 PM
I'm reading all about it now. This is just...I can't even describe. My best wishes to those in France. Stay strong, you will conquer this evil.

Killer Angel
2015-11-14, 04:01 AM
I'm reading all about it now. This is just...I can't even describe. My best wishes to those in France. Stay strong, you will conquer this evil.

It's no more "you"... it's "we". We are all potential targets, we are all the same, in their eyes.
War is a so helpful thing, isn't it? it arrives to your home, and you don't even have to ask for it... :smallfrown:

Seto
2015-11-14, 04:06 AM
Yeah it was pretty horrible. Thankfully I made it back home safe, and my family and friends are safe as well. Still, that moment when you try dialing every number you know to make sure they weren't caught in the attacks... Plus, knowing that it could happen again at any moment. I'm fairly shocked.
Thank you Playground for your support.

BananaPhone
2015-11-14, 04:09 AM
Utterly terrible what happened. Prays with France and may those responsible meet justice.

remetagross
2015-11-14, 04:40 AM
Thanks guys, it means a lot to us. We need all the prayers and support we can get.

Idiotic_Bird
2015-11-14, 05:03 AM
My best wishes to France and i do hope that they recover from it.
#prayforparis

Lissou
2015-11-14, 07:42 AM
I'm adding my best wishes. And as some of you know I have family and friends in Paris, I would like to reassure you that they are fine. For those who weren't as lucky, you have my condolences.

Spanish_Paladin
2015-11-14, 12:57 PM
Love to our french brothers and sisters from Spain.

StLordeth
2015-11-14, 01:48 PM
Animals. Condolences to those lost.

Ravens_cry
2015-11-14, 04:00 PM
In this dark time, let us not hate, let us not fear.
Fear is the mind killer; fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
By fearing, by hating, they are winning.
Remember, they did this, not the quiet Muslim kid reading on the bus, not the woman in a hijab out getting groceries.
Those people had nothing to do with this all too human act.
Remember that in your prayers, hopes, and support for and mourning with the people of France.

Lentrax
2015-11-14, 06:16 PM
Today, we write into the annals of our history another dark chapter.
We stand, now and always, upon the precipice of despair.
We must not give in. We must not give up.
We must find hope. We cannot await salvation upon the wings of the Eagles.
Hope must be found, in every moment, in every memory.
In every tear of today, we must find our strength.
The strength to push on, the strength to stand.
We must stand. Together. Brother and Sister.

Today, of all days, we must stand together.

Else we will lose hope of finding those qualities that some once held dear.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Stand strong, my friends.
Stand Together.
Stand United.

Brother Oni
2015-11-15, 09:11 AM
Any news on our Parisian Playgrounders? I know grimbold was one, but I'm sure there's others.

2015-11-15, 10:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all touched by this tragedy. I know it's not much, but it's what I can offer.

Michael7123
2015-11-15, 10:40 AM
My prayers go out the victims of this atrocity and their families and friends. May they find peace, and may the perpetrators be brought to justice.

Bobbybobby99
2015-11-15, 02:27 PM
I'm sending out as much positive energy as I can. This is just terrible :smallfrown:

Killer Angel
2015-11-15, 03:29 PM
Any news on our Parisian Playgrounders? I know grimbold was one, but I'm sure there's others.

Seto (who already wrote in the thread) is OK, and so is grimbold (even if I've just known he doesn't live in Paris anymore).
I don't remember other ones.

Mono Vertigo
2015-11-17, 02:00 PM
Hey, folks, I'm really touched and surprised (though I probably shouldn't be) of your support here. Thanks a bunch.
I'm not living in Paris; some of friends do, but they're all okay. My pants may or may not have turned a not-very-lovely shade of brown, but hey.
Let us remember everyone who's suffering right now from the same [REDACTED], not just the French. That's a lot more people than I'd like. Both the victims and the [REDACTED]. Damn.

Fear is the mind killer; fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Also this.

Zhentarim
2015-11-19, 01:16 AM
By fearing, by hating, they are winning.
Remember, they did this, not the quiet Muslim kid reading on the bus, not the woman in a hijab out getting groceries.
Those people had nothing to do with this all too human act.
Remember that in your prayers, hopes, and support for and mourning with the people of France.
Ravens,

I agree with you. {scrubbed} I will say we should ally together--gay or straight, atheist or theist, Hindu or Jew, Muslim or Christian--and fight the radical groups responsible for these acts of villainy. I'm sure we will find great allies in the moderate Muslims of the world, who, again, do not usually support this level of violence. I believe there is good in all people, and we should redeem those we can, and vanquish those who dare extinguish the light of others. We must fight for happy families, communities, and for the common good and welfare of all mankind. Though I am a secular humanist and do not personally accept divine abstraction, I have the Parisian people in my heart tonight, and I hope that--together--we can bring about peace in our time.

Sincerely,
Qwanch

The Fury
2015-11-19, 12:17 PM
I'm not really sure of what I should say. Across the Atlantic on the far side of another continent, it was still something terrifying to hear about. I'm glad of all the Parisian and French people here that are unharmed, and my thoughts are with you.

Gwynfrid
2015-11-19, 02:44 PM
I'm not really sure of what I should say. Across the Atlantic on the far side of another continent, it was still something terrifying to hear about. I'm glad of all the Parisian and French people here that are unharmed, and my thoughts are with you.

That's plenty good, don't worry about what you should say or how to say it better. Like Stephen Colbert said: "Anything that is an attempt at human connection in the world is positive. Did you get up this morning and not try to kill someone? Then you're on the right side."

8BitNinja
2015-11-23, 01:40 PM
You are in my prayers Paris

stay strong, and God be with you

Voidstalker
2015-12-03, 09:15 AM
Please, don't let them make it an issue of religion.
France has a proud atheist past. That means all religions are equally respected, provided they respect the Republique.
That also means the French Nation doesn't identify with any religion. I don't think praying is the best thing to do in such circumstances. It's a religious (and personal) act, and shouldn't be made as a statement of support towards Paris.

You can pray, privately. But for Paris ?

You should kindle a light, somewhere, somehow, whether it be physical, emotional, or intellectual for the Cité des Lumières, the City of Lights.

Irish Musician
2015-12-03, 09:52 AM
I didn't mention religion, because it is against board rules. Not that I wanted to mention it, but that is the big reason I didn't.

Support is a very personal thing, and one should give support however they see fit. Supporting someone in their time of need, in whatever fashion you choose, is all coming from the same place. The positive energy in your heart.

I will continue to show my support for everyone in the world, all of the countries (not just France) who have been facing awful and horrific losses of loved ones lately do to the hate of ignorant and awful people.

The Light of Love should prevail over all, and illuminate the shadow of hate, casting it away from the world and sending it back from whence it came.

TheThan
2015-12-03, 07:44 PM
My heart goes out the victims of this horrible attack.

I hope that the authorities are able to track down those responsible; both those that carried out this attack and those that planned and ordered this and bring them to justice.

Do not despair, don't give in to fear and terror; that's what they want. To bully and control you with violence and the threat thereof. Do not capitulate and give up. fight back and show them that you won't be bullied by these monsters.

Bulldog Psion
2015-12-09, 08:42 PM
My heart goes out the victims of this horrible attack.

I hope that the authorities are able to track down those responsible; both those that carried out this attack and those that planned and ordered this and bring them to justice.

Do not despair, don't give in to fear and terror; that's what they want. To bully and control you with violence and the threat thereof. Do not capitulate and give up. fight back and show them that you won't be bullied by these monsters.

I agree wholeheartedly with all of your thoughts, sir. You express them far better than I could.

Zhentarim
2016-03-25, 03:54 PM
We will never forget this.

Zhentarim
2018-02-07, 08:47 PM
its hard to believe its been over 2 years

Roland St. Jude
2018-02-08, 02:04 AM
its hard to believe its been over 2 yearsSheriff: Please don't do thread necromancy.