PDA

View Full Version : The Keeper of Threes: A Reassembly One-Shot (M&M 3E)

herodofcows
2015-11-14, 12:05 AM
You were standing wearily before a granite-jawed police sergeant, explaining again how the Misfits were not responsible for the destruction in the Oak Room and the deaths of about a dozen individuals but had, in fact, been trying to prevent them, when . . .

<Daniel Rand-kai! You are summoned!>

<White Cobra! Get your a** over here!>

As one, you and Danny find yourselves tumbling through a tunnel of light, leaving New York far behind. You barely have time to react before . . .

Smack

. . . you land on your feet upon a smooth stone surface. Looking out, as your eyes adjust to the sudden rush of daylight, you see that you are on a flat stone plain high in the mountains. Cold wintry air fills your lungs and stings your cheeks, and the bright blue of the sky almost hurts to look at. You see snow capping the mountain peaks themselves, but the plateau itself is swept clear.

Iron-Crutch Khan stands before you, scowling profusely. Beyond him, you can see Danny picking himself up and addressing a man that can only be Lei-Kung the Thunderer, Weapons Master of K'un Lun. Scattered across the plateau, you see ten other figures, likewise in master-student pairs, all in conversation.

"<Feh. Tarted up and ready to go dancing. Is this how an Immortal Weapon behaves?>" Iron-Crutch Khan grumbles, limping closer, "<Come on, walk with me. You should know what you're facing.>"

He leads you away from the group, walking over to the edge of the plateau.

"<There have always been Seven Heavenly Cities. You know this. And every hundred years, there is a tournament to determine the order in which they appear on Earth. You know this as well. What you did not know, for indeed WE did not know, is that there is another city. Perhaps not Heavenly, but of the heavens.>"

As he leads you, you can see over the edge of the plateau. You are, you realize, VERY high indeed. Mountain peaks stretch down below you, nearly obscuring the dusty plains that they give rise to.

And hovering in mid-air, perfectly still, you see four robed figures floating above the peaks below. One wears robes of flame red, which sparkle in the sun. Another wears heavy robes of deep sky blue. A third wears golden-yellow robes which billow about them like a cloud. And, in front of all of them, a slight figure in a plain gray robe. Each robe covers the wearer head to toe.

"<They say they are from a city called Kandor, a city in the heavens that lies within a bottle. They say they come with war to this planet. They say that their order produces the finest warriors in the universe, and that they will lay waste to Earth unless defeated by worthy opponents in single combat.>

"<And you know what I say to that, White Cobra? I say the Immortal Weapons of the Seven Heavenly Cities had better kick their a**es back to their bottled city! Any questions?>"

BlueHerring
2015-11-15, 01:06 PM
"<You're damn right I have questions. Actually, I have a whole laundry list,>" Amanda replied in fluent Mandarin as she examined the four fighters from Kandor. She eyed each one of them carefully, and

Rolling Insight and Perception here to notice anything specifically odd about them. I'll also be making use of the Detect Chi portion of Beholding Reality to try and see if there's anything odd.

Insight: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

"<First up would be their capabilities. Has anyone actually faced any of them in combat?>" Amanda crouched, and let her left hand rest at the edge of the plateau.

"<Next of all is how we wish to handle this. Are we out for our own glory, or do you actually give a **** about protecting the planet? That will change how I handle things>"

herodofcows
2015-11-15, 08:06 PM
Looking over the robed figures, you can see a number of small things. For one, the small gray one is clearly the master of these other three. They (gender is impossible to determine) sit perfectly still, not moving a muscle. Theirs is the meditation of one that waits and is content with waiting, knowing that they will act when the time to act comes. Their power is great, but they harness it with perfect discipline in their every action.

The one in the yellow robe is likewise perfectly still, but not through serenity: she gathers their powers, as a runner might gather their strength before some great sprint. You also notice that she levitates herself slightly above her companions, but that she corrects herself every so often. Her power sparks within her, coursing through her body and spirit like electricity through copper. It is clear to you: the golden-robed one is the first among equals, and struggles to balance that contradiction within herself.

The one in the blue robe fidgets somewhat, clearly impatient with something but trying to repress it. His hands clench and unclench beneath his robe, and his chest and stomach rises and falls in a way suggesting the deep breaths of one striving for control. He does not try to control fear, or impatience for its own sake: no, he strives with a great rage burning inside of him. You get the sense that there are matters elsewhere that he feels require his attention more than this.

The red-robed one is not still, but her motions, however slight, are born of perfect ease. Where the others meditate, she simply waits. There is no impatience, or tension, or weariness. She just isn't all that bothered by anything going on. Arrogance, perhaps? Or non-involvement? Of all those assembled, her power seems lesser by far.

For his part, Iron-Crutch Khan smacks you lightly upside the head.

"<Why do you make two choices out of one, foolish child? We protect the planet, for what good is the Heavenly without Earth? And what good is being Heavenly if we do not find glory in the protection of the Earth? Do with that as you will, though what difference it should make eludes my feeble wisdom!>"

He grumbles innocuously like this a bit longer and turns back to the center, motioning you to follow.

"<As to their strength, it is untested. But you don't fly down from the sky into the Seven Heavenly Cities and threaten to lay waste to the world if you don't think you stand a chance of doing so. So take that as you will,>" he continues in a low voice.

You proceed back to the center of the plateau, where the other Immortal Weapons have gathered. Faces are universally grim, determined, or (in the case of the fabled Bride of Nine Spiders) disturbingly amused.

"<We are decided, then?>" Lei-Kung asks the assembled group.

Murmurs of assent sound out, interspersed by an unearthly "Jejejeje" from the Bride of Nine Spiders. Satisfied, Lei-Kung turns to the edge of the plateau.

"<You may approach!>"

In between blinks, the four robed figures have flown over and landed, as one, in front of the assembled Immortal Weapons and their masters.

"<Opponents,>" croaks the gray robed one in unaccented Mandarin with a voice that might be of any gender, "<Thank you for the brevity of your deliberations. I am the Keeper of Threes, the highest teacher of my Order. I bring you my three finest students, whose merest breath is as a hurricane and whose every step is as an earthquake. Defeat them, and we will leave and take no part in what is to come. Fail, and know that you will face my Order as your planet is scoured by His will.>"

The faces of the assembled Immortal Weapons are all annoyed and vaguely disgusted now. Dog Brother #2 speaks, his hounds snarling behind him.

"<And how would you have us fight evenly?>" he asks with no small rancor, "<There are seven of us, and you have only three students! If we win, you will claim an unfair advantage. Or would you have four Immortal Weapons sit aside and watch while their fellows fight for Earth?>"

There is general grumbling agreement at this, even as Dog Brother #2 is silenced by his master. The Keeper of Threes gives a harsh chuckle.

"<My students do not fear numbers against their might.>"

Here, the Keeper of Threes barks something at his students in a ponderous tongue that you don't understand. They each step forward in sequence, and speak with careful diction, clearly reciting something phonetically.

"<I am Fist-of-Rao. I am happy to accept the challenge of three worthy warriors, and no less.>" the one in the golden robe proclaims in a clear proud voice.

"<I am Fist-of-Flamebird. I am happy to accept the challenge of two worthy warriors, and no less.>" trills the one in the red robe with a near-childlike enthusiasm.

"<Fist-of- . . . GRAH!>"

The blue-robed man growls and claps his hands in irritation as he nearly immediately stumbles over his remembered words. The force of the clap creates a small shockwave that shakes the air itself. Immortal Weapon and teacher alike all adjust their balance and none fall over, but the look on their faces suggest that this is of no small concern.

For their part, the Keeper of Threes strikes his student across the face and speaks harshly to him. The blue-robed man nods in contrition, and then tries again as his master retreats.

"<I am Fist-of-Nightwing. I am happy to accept the challenge of two worthy warriors, and no less,>" he says in a voice that suggests he is gritting his teeth.

The Keeper of Threes extends his hands in a gesture of contrition.

"<You must forgive my student. He has been greatly vexed of late by a distraction of this world. Now, who will the Immortal Weapons choose for their opponents?>"

BlueHerring
2015-11-16, 06:47 AM
Amanda quietly watched as the three students introduced themselves. This was a difficult and troubling choice, especially since Fist-of-Flamebird and Fist-of-Nightwing seemed like dangerous opponents, in spite of their apparent differences in skill from Fist-of-Rao.

Honestly, Amanda was unsure of how the others would choose their opponents. If everyone else had made the same observations she had, they would probably avoid choosing the Fist-of-Rao. But, were she to face the strongest among them, it would offer a significant advantage over the others.

If she could win, it would certainly look impressive, but that wasn't Amanda's priority. Regardless of whether or not she won or lost, Amanda had the opportunity to face an opponent willing enough to face three Immortal Weapons. And, judging by the fact that Fist-of-Rao seemed to be the most capable amongst all of them, it was an opportunity to learn.

"<I will challenge Fist-of-Rao. I look forward to facing you in combat,>" Amanda finally says, stepping forward and offering a bow to her future opponent.

herodofcows
2015-11-16, 08:01 PM
The Keeper of Threes translates for you, and Fist-of-Rao inclines her head to you. A pause, and then . . .

"<I will join the Cobra Warrior in fighting this foe,>" rumbles Jonah Hex, the Prince of Orphans.

"<And I>" growls Davos, once the Steel Serpent, now chosen of Crane Mother and known as the Steel Phoenix, "<will end this with one blow.>"

The Keeper of Threes translates these two statements as well. Fist-of-Rao listens for a moment, and then laughs aloud and says something back in light mocking tones.

"<My student replies that one blow will be the end, warrior, but it will not be yours.>"

On that note, the remaining Immortal Weapons pair up. Iron Fist and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter square off against Fist-of-Nightwing, while Bride of Nine Spiders and Dog Brother #2 pair up against Fist-of-Flamebird. The other combatant trios all spread out, at the direction of the weapons masters. You, the Prince of Orphans, and Steel Phoenix take the center of the plateau. The other groups take two parallel edges, preparing as they move.

Jonah Hex discards his tattered brown cloak, revealing his deeply scarred visage and equally unassuming clothes. Davos, for his part, raises arms and invokes the Crane Mother. Purple light builds along his limbs and into his torso, and your vision allows you to see that Davos is draining several sources of chi to power himself: like pouring gasoline on a small fire. After several moments he ceases with a satisfied growl, looking upon Fist-of-Rao with a predator's eyes.

For her part, Fist-of-Rao seems entirely impassive.

There is a moment of silence, but for the wind blowing through the mountain peaks. The masters assemble perpendicular to the students, with the Keeper of Threes standing slightly apart.

And then . . .

"<BEGIN!>"

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!"

Davos roars a challenge as he propels himself forward on a rocket of chi. He extends himself into a spinning kick, a Foothammer Thunder Strike with its force multiplied a thousandfold. It's an awesome blow, one that rips through the air like a meteor of pure directed hatred.

But, of course, even the mightiest blow is meaningless if it does not land.

BASH

The plateau is scarred by a meters-long gouge as Davos fires halfway across it. His chi fizzles out and he stumbles to a halt, gasping. He spins around and has a brief glimpse of Fist-of-Rao, who had shot into the air at the last moment and let his kick pass under her harmlessly.

And then she is upon him.

Fist-of-Rao may be her name, but a more literal name might be "Elbows-of-Rao". This woman takes Davos apart with a flurry of surgically-precise strikes that crack bone and split sinew. Davos, caught off-balance and much slower than his adversary by dint of having expended so much of himself into one hammer-blow, is utterly helpless against her.

After a couple of eternal seconds, Steel Phoenix lies slumped upon the ground. His bones, from his jaw to his extremities, actually clatter within his body like a dropped bag of dominoes.

Fist-Of-Rao stands over him, takes a light defensive form . . . and beckons. From the distance separating you, you hear her mutter something that you realize is in English:

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf***er!"

These forms . . . you recognize these forms.

Zoom was practicing those same elbow strikes within his cell when you visited him with the other Misfits.

BlueHerring
2015-11-16, 10:07 PM
Amanda wasn't nearly so surprised that the Prince of Orphans and Davos were with her in fighting Fist-of-Rao. The Prince of Orphans was easily the most experienced and probably the most powerful Immortal Weapon. Davos was... well, the sort of person that wanted to prove themselves, after all.

Of course, while Davos made a show of things, Amanda simply observed, flowing from one form to the next. She gathered her chi, and paid attention to Davos' flaws and the her opponent's power. It was certainly an impressive prowess of strength.

Of course, Fist-of-Rao's comment threw off Amanda, but that didn't let her notice the fact that her stances were incredibly familiar. She'd seen them before, of course, when the Misfits visited Zoom.

Amanda glanced quietly at the fallen body of Davos, then back to Fist-of-Rao, before bowing to her opponent.

"Die Hard? Really?"

With that comment, Amanda disappeared in a blur. She flickered back into view behind Fist-of-Rao, and disappeared once more to rematerialize at the side of her adversary, before launching a series of blows.

Attacking with Fivefold Palm Strike. Using Everlasting Inferno Strike, so that's a crit on a 16+.

Attack: [roll0] CRIT!, if it hits, it's a DC 25 30 Damage, DC 20 25 [Will] Weaken Toughness & Fortitude

Hero Points: 2

Thousand Secrets of Peng Lai: Fivefold Palm Strike
Four Elemental Paradigms: Everlasting Inferno Form

herodofcows
2015-11-18, 01:16 AM
Punching Fist-of-Rao as she stands over Davos' broken form is like punching a stone wall, but worse. You've punched actual stone walls. This is what punching a stone wall is like to normal people. Your blows cascade off of her head and back, and she doesn't even flinch.

She does, however, turn around at your quip. Her words are mildly amused, spoken with an odd flowing accent that you cannot place.

"You speak English? Master said Immortal Weapons speak Cantonese and Mandarin, not English."

WHOOSH

While she is distracted, the Prince of Orphans attempts to make his move. Charging at her, his body morphs into the green fog that forms the basis of the more unearthly elements of his fighting style. He swirls around her, creating a disorienting environment that makes him impossible to target and is meant to leave foes bewildered.

"<Cobra Warrior, look to Davos. If you can revive->"

WHUMPH

You feel it rattling your brains, the blow that comes next. It is not a physical blow, no punch or kick or strike of the appendages would affect you thus. It is rather a pure wave of intentionality that assaults your brain, as though Fist-of-Rao had empowered a single devastating thought with her chi and launched it into the place where thought means action.

Fist-of-Rao, for her part, stands perfectly still amidst the flurry of green mist. Beneath her robe, you can see that her head is arched slightly, as though examining her surroundings. For his part, Jonah Hex grunts amidst his self-made hurricane of obscuring fog.

"<Be on your guard! She has some power over the minds of others!>"

BlueHerring
2015-11-19, 09:58 PM
Amanda manages to brace herself for the psychic blow, but it wasn't nearly enough to block off its sheer strength.

"Yeah, well, I'm full of surprises," Amanda says, bracing herself for the next attack.

"Well, you're at least a Bruce Willis fan, so could I at least persuade you to not want to destroy my home?"

Standard Action: Defend.

Recovery roll: [roll0]

herodofcows
2015-11-20, 01:06 AM
Fist-of-Rao begins to speak, but Jonah Hex takes that moment to strike. He swirls his green fog into an arrowpoint form, and dives at his foe, managing to strike her in the small of her back with his own unique variant of Solitary Beggar's Rebuke. The arrowpoint collapses against her, and then tendrils swirl about before coalescing back into Hex's form. For his part, Hex scarcely has a moment to breathe before Fist-of-Rao jets toward him.

She slides across the ground, gliding very slightly over the surface and seeming to be carried by the strength of the blow she attempts to deal to the cowboy-turned-master-of-kung-fu. Her fist glows with an orange light, as though it has ignited with heatless sunlight. The Prince of Orphans snaps into his green mist form at the last moment, and Fist-of-Rao passes through him harmlessly.

For her part, Fist-of-Rao turns around with no sign of injury or exhaustion. The Prince of Orphans, however, is breathing hard.

"We will not destroy your home. We will scour your home. Clean it. We-"

The Keeper of Threes calls out to Fist-of-Rao, and she abruptly is silent.

BlueHerring
2015-11-20, 10:59 AM
"Zoom didn't really make it seem like you guys were shaking things up for the sake of spring cleaning," Amanda replies, as she dropped back into a fighting stance. She flickered, disappearing and reappearing behind Fist-of-Rao.

This was bad form. She was starting to quip, for crying out loud.

And then she disappeared once more, reappearing behind the fallen Davos. She thrust a series of quick jabs at his pressure points. It might not get him entirely up to speed, but they would need all the help they could get.

"Plus, you know, you won't really have any more action flicks to quote from."

Free Action: Switch to Embers-Into-Bonfires Meditation
Move Action: Teleport EVERYWHERE!
Standard Action: Try to heal Davos. [roll0]

Thousand Secrets of Peng Lai: Embers-Into-Bonfires Meditation
Four Elemental Paradigms: Everlasting Inferno Form

herodofcows
2015-11-20, 10:20 PM
Fist-of-Rao says nothing, instead turning to resume her fight with the Prince of Orphans. Hex goes in for a lunging grab, clearly meaning to throw her to the ground and stun her. It is beautifully executed, and by rights should have sent the robed woman sprawling . . . Instead, she meets the blow and locks hands with the Prince of Orphans, stopping him in his tracks.

"<Wouldn't mind some help . . .>" Hex grunts, a little bit of his Southern drawl creeping into his Mandarin.

For your part, the healing powers of your chi do their work well. One moment, Davos is a crushed mess. The next, he is springing to his feet with an exclamation of rage.

"<Where did that bi- . . . GRAH!>"

Howling once more, the Steel Phoenix springs towards Fist-of-Rao, who remains locked in place by the Prince of Orphans. Capitalizing on her relative defenselessness, Davos begins striking at the back of her head with a flurry of punches. Say what you will about Davos (and, indeed, most do), but you cannot deny he has power. Fist-of-Rao, for the first time, cries out in pain amid his blows.

And then, she wrenches her hands together and claps.

The ensuing shockwave troubles you very little: you were behind her, after all, and only feel your bones shiver through your body in a way that is slightly painful.

Steel Phoenix is sent flying. He sprawls on the floor, but rolls into a standing position almost immediately. He is clearly slightly woozy, but still in the fight.

The Prince of Orphans, on the other hand, flies like a ragdoll and collapses like a puppet with its strings cut. From right at the epicenter of the blast, he didn't stand a chance.

BlueHerring
2015-11-21, 10:37 AM
"<Do I always have to clean up after you guys?>"

Amanda flickers once more from view, and rematerializes at the crumpled body of the Prince of Orphans. As she administered her own chi to heal the collapsed Immortal Weapon, a thought struck her.

We can't fight her like this.

And so, as Amanda stood back up, she began a series of lightning-fast katas, one that only Iron-Crutch Khan, and perhaps some of the other masters, would recognize. It would heighten her chi tremendously, for a split second, and multiply the force of her blows by an entire order of magnitude.

The white aura around Amanda's hands glowed brighter, and focused into incandescent white fire. As soon as her strength was sufficiently focused, Amanda disappeared once again. She would strike Fist-of-Rao, and ideally, deal a debilitating blow.

Move Action: Move to Prince of Orphans.
Standard Action: Heal good ol' Jonah Hex. [roll0]
Free Action: Switch Embers-Into-Bonfires Meditation into Fivefold Palm Strike
Free Action: Switch Everlasting Inferno Form to Unrelenting Torrent Form
Move-by Action: Teleport behind Fist-of-Rao

Extra Effort!

Standard Action: Power+All-out Attack for +5, with Fivefold Palm Strike. [roll1]; DC 30 Damage, DC 25 [Will] Weaken Toughness & Fortitude if it hits.

Move-by Action: Move back to her initial position at the start of the round.

Thousand Secrets of Peng Lai: Fivefold Palm Strike
Four Elemental Paradigms: Unrelenting Torrent Form

herodofcows
2015-11-21, 01:52 PM
The Prince of Orphans wakes under the ministrations of your chi . . . and then swirls around you, creating an armor of green mist.

"<Mind only your attacks, Cobra. I will provide for your defense>"

And with that, you leap back into the fray. Fist-of-Rao takes most of your blows without flinching (it's like hitting concrete) but you manage a decent spirit-sapping blow. And once again, she is so focused on you that Davos manages to send an energy blast under her guard, scouring her side something fierce.

Yes, Fist-of-Rao is formidable, but her training is not unsurmountable. She feels pain, and her guard can be broken, just like any other fighter!

TZZZT. TZZZT. TZZZT.

. . . then again, not every fighter has laser eyes . . .

You dodge out of the way of the worst of it, but Hex (who is occupying more space than you) takes the brunt of it. Davos, likewise, is caught entirely off-guard. He staggers back, clutching his chest and howling.

You can see Fist-of-Rao's eyes beneath her robe. They are glowing red now, and the edge of her hood is smoking slightly.

BlueHerring
2015-11-22, 07:05 PM
"Laser vision? Really? You know, I had my suspicions, but that's just unfair..." Amanda managed, amidst deep breaths. Of course it would make sense that she was from Krypton. And that, of course, would also explain why Zoom had done what he had planned for Superman.

The bastards...

"You know, there was someone else from your world. He grew up here, and he set the standard for what it meant to be a hero. What you and your order plans - I don't know what it is - it will ruin whatever legacy he has built for your home here on Earth."

Amanda lowered her hood, and raised her visor, just so Fist-of-Rao could see the anger in her eyes.

"I will not allow that. I will sooner die than let that legacy be tarnished."

Amanda flickered, and launched another series of strikes at her opponent, hoping to break through her guard.

Move Action: Teleport to Fist-of-Rao.
Standard Action: Fivefold Palm Strike! Again! [roll0]
Extra Effort!; DC 25 Damage, DC 20 Weaken Fortitude & Toughness (Will).
Standard Action: Power + All-Out (+5) Fivefold Palm Strike! Again! Again! [roll1]; DC 30 Damage, DC 25 Weaken Fortitude & Toughness (Will).

herodofcows
2015-11-23, 04:06 AM
Fist-of-Rao parries your first blow, grabbing you into an armlock and straining your shoulder. She says something in another language (presumably Kryptonian) with mocking tones.

But the mirth goes from her voice when your second strike lands.

The force is not in the blow itself, but in the disruption it does to her very essence. Suddenly, Fist-of-Rao is gasping for air and trembling. Your arm slips out of her lock and you strike her again, drawing a fresh shriek.

The red in her eyes vanishes, and you can see her shocked expression beneath the hood.

"How?" she wheezes, staggering unsteadily, "How did you-"

WHOOSH

The Prince of Orphans streams off of you and into a ghostly comet blow at the weakened Fist-of-Rao. She flings herself out of his way . . .

"KIAIIIIIIIIII!"

. . . but backs straight into a monstrous chi-empowered kick by Davos.

CRACK

Now, it doesn't matter if you're human, Kryptonian, Skrull, or WHAT. Your back ain't supposed to bend at a 90 degree angle.

Fist-of-Rao collapses to the ground, screaming. Davos, for his part, holds up his hands and laughs exultantly.

"<I told you, wench! By my might, you have fallen! Let none question the might if K'un Zi and its champion! Ha HA!>"

The Prince of Orphans re-forms and comes over to prop you up. You can see upon his scarred face that he is impressed.

"<Rest now, Cobra Warrior. You have done . . . exceedingly well. Without you, we would have all fallen.>"

As Fist-of-Rao continues to sob and Davos continues to boast, you look at the other battles as though through a haze:

The Bride of Nine Spiders and Fist-of-Flamebird seem locked in an intricate dance of fast evasions and slow strikes. For his part, Dog Brother #2 plays the assassin, catching the Kryptonian champion at unawares at every given opportunity. You get the distinct impression that both the Bride of Nine Spiders and Fist-of-Flamebird are enjoying the dance a BIT more than one might expect.

Iron Fist and Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, for their part, are hammering away at Fist-of-Nightwing. The male Kryptonian's style makes best use of his speed, and it's clear that his opponents are working hard to keep pace, but the two Immortal Weapons seem to be finding a kind of equilibrium between Tiger's Beautiful Daughter's speed and Danny's . . . well, Danny's capacity to continuously get in the way. Of everything. Forever.

(A memory of you, Danny, Misty, and Constantine bubbles embarrassingly close to the surface. You shove it RIGHT back down into the back of your mind where it belongs.)

Over your own ringing ears, you can see the Keeper of Threes and Iron-Crutch Khan in spirited argument. Or, the Keeper of Threes argues, anyway. Iron-Crutch Khan . . . well, the man has never touched a computer in his life but he is a master of the art of trolling.

"<-unfair fight, when my student's victories are snatched from her by YOUR student's abilities every SECOND->"

"<So? My student doesn't have FIRE EYES, you curdled old s***! Did you expect her to fight with one hand tied behind her back?>"

"<It is a FARCE! That was no demonstration of skill, but only an exercise in running about without->"

"<Are fire eyes a skill, you leathery old b*llsack? Eh? Could you teach me the skill of fire eyes, Keeper of Morons? EH?>"

It's funny because, in Mandarin, "Moron" rhymes with "Three"! Or so I'm told!

BlueHerring
2015-11-23, 12:14 PM
Amanda nodded, and accepted the Prince of Orphans' help to stand back up. That fight had tested her reserves. While it wasn't nearly as exhausting as utilizing the Sword of Balance in its entirety, she hadn't burned through this much chi in such a short time before. Fist-of-Rao was certainly a capable opponent, and she didn't really deserve Davos' bragging.

Especially since the fool would have still been in a collapsed heap on the ground without her aid.

That being said, Amanda couldn't feel a little bit elated. She'd just been complemented by the Prince of Orphans. This was someone that no one in the martial dared to mess around with. That complement carried a great deal of weight.

Watching the other fights was certainly interesting (Danny's was especially entertaining), but Amanda averted her attention back to Fist-of-Rao. Even thought she was their opponent, leaving her there, broken, was simply wrong. But, of course, she needed to know that the fight was officially over. So, she lowered her visor, raised her hood, and limped over to her master and the Keeper of Threes.

"<Well, master, I actually did break her guard with one arm in a lock,>" Amanda says, as she takes a seat on a nearby rock. "<With due respect, Keeper, martial skill is not simply raw power. The expert in battle seeks his victory from his strategic advantage. In this case, it was counting on my comrades to land the final blow - one that I could not achieve on my own.>"

Amanda paused, and allowed her words to sink in.

"<Now, I would prefer if you officially declared that Fist-of-Rao is defeated, so that I can tend to her wounds. I would rather not leave such a capable opponent lying broken on the battlefield.>"

herodofcows
2015-11-24, 01:15 AM
Iron-Crutch Khan cackles as the Keeper of Threes literally growls in irritation.

"<Do as you please. She is no longer worthy of her title.>"

The Keeper of Threes turns his back upon you and resolutely watches the other fights. The fight between Iron Fist, Tiger's Beautiful Daughter, and Fist-of-Nightwing is gradually devolving into a pummeling match: nobody is standing particularly straight right now. Meanwhile, Dog Brother #2 has been floored, leaving the Bride of Nine Spiders and Fist-of-Flamebird giggling creepily at one another as the rebuff each other's twisted subtle blows.

Iron-Crutch Khan clasps you on the shoulder and beams at you with unadulterated pride. You can tell that only the centuries of dignity associated with his title are preventing him from dancing.

<"The look of her, when you tore her chi asunder . . . Ha! I will treasure that memory! Keep some of that in the tank for the tournament and you'll kick all kinds of a**!!">"

As you approach Fist-of-Rao, Iron-Crutch Khan peels off to watch the other fighters. Davos continues to strut like a peacock, and the Prince of Orphans fades off to the side, apparently contemplating the infinite.

Fist-of-Rao continues to weep as you arrive next to her. Her hood falls away as she looks up at you, and you can see that she is a black-haired young woman with piercing blue eyes and set features. Her mouth attempts to curve into a sneer while she sobs brokenly.

"J-j-j-just k-k-k-kill me-e-e-e-e . . ." she hiccoughs through the tears, "I d-do not have a why to l-l-live . . ."

BlueHerring
2015-11-24, 07:49 PM
Amanda was somewhat surprised at Iron-Crutch Khan's compliment. That was a first from him. Usually, it would be wrapped in some sarcastic comment, but an outright comment?

That was definitely surprising.

Of course, as she sat before Fist-of-Rao, she focused more on the matter at hand. This must have been hard for the Kryptonian. She was easily the strongest, but she had also made the mistake of facing off against three Immortal Weapons.

Amanda raised her visor, so that Fist-of-Rao could see her eyes.

"I could. It would be easy, in fact. I could make it quick, too. But it would be a death without honor." Amanda paused, and glanced towards the Prince of Orphans. This was a conundrum that was known to all of the Immortal Weapons. Facing an honorable death, and leaving a worthy legacy was part of their duty, even if no one spoke of it. It was, after all, the only way to truly be immortal.

"But you are easily the strongest fighter I have faced. You could do far better than this. The question you must ask yourself is this: Will you?"

herodofcows
2015-11-25, 09:18 PM
Fist-of-Rao's face contorts into a watery glare. Behind you, you hear the twin sounds of Danny yelling out a war cry and something smashing into the rock.

"I d-d-did fight, for my people and for my God. And I fought as good as I can. There is no "better". After this, I am not Fist-of-Rao anymore. I disgrace my people, my God, and my brother. Th-there is nothing for me now."

She pauses for a moment, and then speaks again in a low murmur. Her words are quietly defiant, as though she is trying to speak up for deeply-held beliefs.

"You said of another of my people. Who grew up on this world. He . . . we honor him too. In what we do. We honor him too . . ."

"<White Cobra!>"

Davos' bark rends through the air and almost assaults your ears. He has apparently ceased his onanistic self-praise and is now gradually returning back to Earth.

"<Why do you listen to the whimpering of this beaten dog? Kill her or heal her, but for the sake of my ears, stop her whining!>"

BlueHerring
2015-11-25, 10:46 PM
Amanda doesn't even bother looking up at Davos to give a response. That would provide the Thunderer's son with more dignity than he deserved.

"<I listen because I give a damn, Davos. Now, either you can contribute to this conversation in a constructive manner, or you can piss off.>"

Amanda shook her head, and extended out her hand to rest against Fist-of-Rao's side. Closing her eyes, Amanda felt the vibrant, silver-white power within her, and let a small tendril of it escape. Just enough to heal the fallen warrior's wounds.

Fixing her confidence, however, was a different matter.

"How? By threatening to 'clean' the planet? He wouldn't have stood for that. If you truly want to honor what he stood for, then come with me. Help to carry on that legacy by protecting his beloved Earth."

HEEELZ

[roll0]

herodofcows
2015-11-27, 11:48 AM
A gob of spit smacks down next to you, courtesy of the esteemed Steel Phoenix.

"<Had you not given be a second crack at this b****, I would teach you the consequences of such disrespect now. Count yourself fortunate that I do not>"

He's bluffing. Davos is entirely spent from that fight after doing nothing but chi-rocketed blows. He's got absolutely nothing left in the tank.

Fist-of-Rao gasps as your chi flows through her. She's still in bad shape when you're done, but at least she'll be able to walk on her own power. She sits up and groans, stretching herself out and wincing.

"We are protecting you. We're going to help you protect yourselves from-"

WHAM WHAM WHAM

"Kiaiiiiiooooohhhh CRAP WHITE COBRA DUCK!"

You just barely manage to roll out of the way of the careening form of Fist-of-Nightwing as he goes flying through the air. He smacks face-first into the plateau, rolls a bit, and then is still.

Looking out, you see Danny pulling Tiger's Beautiful Daughter up into standing position. They immediately bro-grab. A bromance has been kindled this day, you can see immediately.

Meanwhile, Fist-of-Flamebird and Bride of Nine Spiders are both floored, semi-coherently giggling amidst their not-inconsiderable injuries. Dog Brother #2 is groggily getting up.

It's over. The Immortal Weapons have defended the Earth.

And, judging by his yelling, the Keeper of Threes is profoundly displeased. Fist-of-Rao visibly crumples into herself amidst the barrage of berating. You can't understand the words, but the tone conveys everything you need to know.

Iron-Crutch Khan taps on your shoulder amidst the flood of Kryptonian tongue-lashing.

"<You have done well today, White Cobra. Enough that I will overlook your flouncing around like a spoiled little slattern at a fancy dress party. Shall I return you to your debauch, which I grudgingly deem you have earned?>"

BlueHerring
2015-11-27, 10:08 PM
"<The thought has me quaking in my boots, Davos,>" Amanda answered, sarcastically. While he could probably take her in a fight, he was all about brute force.

Ironic, really, for someone tied to the Crane.

Amanda watches patiently as the Keeper of Threes addresses his students, and shakes her head as Iron-Crutch Khan speaks to her.

"<Give me a moment, master. And it was a mission, and it called for the stupid dress. Believe me, I wouldn't be caught dead in that stupid thing,>" Amanda takes out a small notecard from her pocket, and a pen to write something on one side.

Once the Keeper of Threes is done beratng his students, Amanda makes her way over to Fist-of-Rao, and slips her the notecard - which was labeled with the address for Go-Getter's, before whispering to her.

"Meet me there in three days time. There's something you should see."

Once she's done, Amanda returns to her master.

"<I should be ready now.>"

I'd like to establish a new Complication using Fist-of-Rao, if that's possible.

herodofcows
2015-11-28, 03:06 AM
Fist-of-Rao does not appear to move, but you feel the card jerked from your hands faster than the eye can follow. The Keeper of Threes continues to rant on as the other masters reapproach their champions and tend to their wounds.

Once you're ready, Iron-Crutch Khan lays his hands on you, and you feel his chi fix up your wounds and fill you back full of energy.

"<Heh. Well, you wouldn't be the first Cobra Warrior to tart themselves up for their own purposes. THAT honor still belongs to the fata**. Continue to study your forms, White Cobra. You'll need to kick some Immortal Weapon a** sooner than you might think . . .>"

And with those portentous words, Iron-Crutch Khan sends you tumbling back through a tunnel of light. You brace yourself for your landing, and when it comes you are hardly off balance at all.

Crunch

Who knows what instinct had Iron-Crutch Khan send you to where he did? Was it some hidden knowledge of your work with the Misfits? Some portent that he would not share with you?

Whatever the reasoning, you find yourself on a rooftop overlooking warehouse that has clearly seen better days. Blast marks litter the walls, and you see prone figures scattered about the area. Ronin is down there, fighting what appear to be two knife-wielding Jason Todds as Potence zooms in from who-knows-where to buff him up. And a third Jason Todd perches on the roof with a futuristic-looking sniper rifle, carefully lining up his shot.

Or, rather, he was. The second you land, he begins turning around. Beneath his Nightwing mask, his face slackens in disbelief.

"Oh sh-"

You can see five other Todds fanned out across various rooftops, enclosing the warehouse in a semicircle. Each has a rifle similar to the one in front of you, and they're all within range of your more esoteric means of motion.