PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Lich vs. Charnel Fire

Unusual Muse
2015-11-14, 02:48 PM
Charnel Fire, a 5th-level cleric spell from BoVD, states that a corporeal undead that fails its Will save against the spell is "destroyed forever."

This is a 5th-level spell we're talking here, and "destroyed forever" would suggest to me that even with a phylactery there ain't no comin' back, man. What say ye?

Blackhawk748
2015-11-14, 02:50 PM
Charnel Fire, a 5th-level cleric spell from BoVD, states that a corporeal undead that fails its Will save against the spell is "destroyed forever."

This is a 5th-level spell we're talking here, and "destroyed forever" would suggest to me that even with a phylactery there ain't no comin' back, man. What say ye?

I would say ya, its gone for good. This spell would also bypass the Vampires respawn ability too. That is one nasty spell.

Zephonim
2015-11-14, 06:08 PM
I'd say that a lich could come back... his body is destroyed forever but his soul is in a magical vessel that reforms his body

DrMotives
2015-11-14, 06:32 PM
I have to agree with Zephonim. It destroys the body of an undead, and yes that will end a vampire, but not a lich.

Rubik
2015-11-14, 06:35 PM
I have to agree with Zephonim. It destroys the body of an undead, and yes that will end a vampire, but not a lich.Unfortunately, the vampire comes back as a ghost.

Unusual Muse
2015-11-14, 11:00 PM
So, if this spell wouldn't do it, what level do you think a spell would have to be to destroy a lich utterly, phylactery or no?

Blackhawk748
2015-11-15, 12:16 AM
So, if this spell wouldn't do it, what level do you think a spell would have to be to destroy a lich utterly, phylactery or no?

A 6th and a 5th. Disintegrate for the Phylactery and then spam Charnel Fire at him until he fails.