PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Unchained Barbarian

Estralita
2015-11-14, 09:42 PM
First time posting in the Pathfinder section here, slightly nervous.

I'm interested in building an Unchained Barbarian for a game here. The thing is, I am relatively new to gaming, and even newer to Pathfinder. When I build, I at least spend a fair amount of time consulting guides. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding them specifically for the Unchained version, and when I look up Unchained Barbarians, I have to wade through a lot of arguing over whether or not Unchained nerfed them, So, I turn to you, the more experienced, for advice. We are starting at Level 6, have a 20 point buy, and nothing over the top broken or overpowered.

TheifofZ
2015-11-14, 09:52 PM
How much experience do you have with D&D in general?
How powerful do you want it? (On a scale of 1-100, with 100 being super cheese, you're saying less than 50, but anything specific under that?)
What kind of goal do you have for combat besides just hitting really hard?
What kind of party do you have to work with?

Estralita
2015-11-14, 10:23 PM
I've been playing 5e for around 6 months, and Pathfinder for about half that. Since I play exclusively PbP, I've had a lot of the problems that come with that, namely games dropping off suddenly. But I have had a few keep trucking.

At least competent. I want to be able to hold my own, and not feel like a burden. The DM also said that they want characters between "competent" and "very competent" in effectiveness, so take what you will from that.:smalltongue:

I'm considering Mage Slaying. How much of a burden is Superstitious in preventing healing and buffs anyway?

I don't know yet. The game is still in the early stages of recruiting.

Othniel
2015-11-15, 12:41 AM
Honestly, I love Unchained Barbarian. You can really do a great job at hitting things hard in melee. Mageslaying can be fun if you end up going up against a fair amount of them, but I prefer my barbarians to be more generalized. The Accurate Stance and Deadly Accuracy rage powers from the Unchained Barb are great, and Accurate Stance easily offsets the Power Attack penalty.