PDA

View Full Version : Foxmail question -- if anyone uses it, do you know how to do custom colors?

Bulldog Psion
2015-11-15, 09:43 AM
Well, I've got a question about Foxmail, an email client that my wife uses. (I wouldn't touch it with a standard-issue 10 foot pole with a gibbering mouther tied to the end, but that's neither here nor there.)

(My wife formerly used Outlook Express, or whatever it was called, and loved it. Since it won't work post-XP, though, she's been trying various clients. She's extremely particular about functionality, has certain utterly unbending standards that must be met, and thus passionately hates every client since Outlook; she just hates Foxmail a little less than the others, so she uses it.)

Now, in Foxmail, there's a setting that allows you to set a custom color for text. The problem is, when my wife sets it, then hits OK, it seemly saves the custom color, but then, the next time she tries to use the custom color she saved, it's gone and she has to start over from scratch.

Is there any way to save a custom color in Foxmail so that it stays saved?

Failing that, do you know of any forums or help emails related to Foxmail where I can ask this? Because I can't find any. :smallfrown:

Thanks in advance for any response to this rather weird question! :smallcool:

Alent
2015-11-16, 03:47 AM
I installed this for one person once with the exact same psychological disorder (outlook-express-upgrade-tropophobia) and never since, so I can't speak much to Foxmail, but maybe they replicated this glitch from Outlook Express?

As I recall, and it has been a decade, Outlook express had two places to set custom colors. One was in the settings in the E-mail, and the other was in the settings in the mail program. They looked EXACTLY the same, but one was message specific.

If you can't find one, I won't be surprised, but the only way to get Foxmail support that I'm aware of is going to their website (foxmail.com) and clicking the mail envelope below the download button. The headset on the right is supposed to be their support page, but it goes to a chinese support third party website that gives a 404 error.

Bulldog Psion
2015-11-16, 09:29 AM
I installed this for one person once with the exact same psychological disorder (outlook-express-upgrade-tropophobia)

Aha -- someone who knows exactly the syndrome I'm dealing with here! :smallbiggrin:

As I recall, and it has been a decade, Outlook express had two places to set custom colors. One was in the settings in the E-mail, and the other was in the settings in the mail program. They looked EXACTLY the same, but one was message specific.

I'll check that out, see if it's relevant to the situation at all.

If you can't find one, I won't be surprised, but the only way to get Foxmail support that I'm aware of is going to their website (foxmail.com) and clicking the mail envelope below the download button.

Ah, okay -- whenever I see an envelope, I assume by default that it's a "share this wonderful site with your friends by email" button rather than a support button. I'll try writing to them (not that I expect any positive result from that, but at least I can say I tried).

Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it! :smallsmile:

factotum
2015-11-16, 09:42 AM
I managed to get my mother transferred from Outlook Express onto Mozilla Thunderbird when OE was dropped, has your wife tried that one?

Bulldog Psion
2015-11-16, 12:27 PM
I managed to get my mother transferred from Outlook Express onto Mozilla Thunderbird when OE was dropped, has your wife tried that one?

She has indeed. The result was not very positive at all. Thanks for the attempt, though. :smallsmile: