PDA

View Full Version : FR Keep on the Shadowfell (IC)

Shimeran
2015-11-15, 12:16 PM
Despite the hosts efforts, the atmosphere at the Gilded Lady was decidedly subdued that afternoon. The rains had started just past midday and hadn't let up since. While those rains had drive some to the tavern, many who could had retreated to their own homes rather than risk the downpour. Here and there, folks gathered together, their voiced muted by the clattering and patterings outside. Outside a few outliers, most folks had gathered near the fire, trying to drive out the damp and chill. Unfortunately, that flickering flame would not keep out everything driven by the storm that day.

onlie2005
2015-11-15, 04:20 PM
Maria Fireheart (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=617567)

https://41.media.tumblr.com/e8017aaf6cb5cfe71be2fde9c6b0c7ad/tumblr_mla8udRISL1rmweb2o1_250.jpg

Sitting in a corner, near the fireplace in the tavern was a small child, a girl with long, reddish brown hair and hazel eyes. She was about a few inches short of 4 feet in height and was lean and lanky. Her attire consisted of plain clothing consisting of a blue shirt, brown pants, a hooded green cloak and a pair of black boots. Currently she was sitting up in a somewhat fetal position with her backpack encircled and cradled in her lap as she stared mournfully into the fire.

Despite her obvious sorrow and grief which she preferred not to talk about, she was a very polite and gracious guest. She did not order much, opting for some beef stew and apple cider which she is willing to pay for. If possible she would be willing to pay for room and board as well. After she ate she arranged the bowl and cutlery neatly for the wenches to take away easily without fuss while she sipped on her cider. The little girl simply kept to herself and minded her own business.

FeyLich
2015-11-15, 05:36 PM
Sardis drew his cloak tight as we wandered through the storm that was loosed upon him. His Zephyr companion swirled around him, a manifestation of the stormy wind that surrounded him. As he wandered he noticed a tavern in the distance. While, Sardis was not used to indoor luxuries, not for the past few years anyway, but in this storm, anywhere warm was worth entering.
He dashed swiftly towards the entrance, and as he entered, he asked his companion to wait outside. A low moan from the wind was his only response, as he entered into the tavern. He purchased a drink and sat at a table by himself, watching the rest of the crowd intently.

GnollOfErathis
2015-11-15, 09:21 PM
[Nik Chopper, Warforged Slayer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386)http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff475/UnknownCorrespondent/eb20061113_warforged.jpg

Near the little girl stands what appears to be a suit of armor sized for a very large man, except there is no man inside. On closer inspection, it seems more like an attempt to build a man out of mismatched bits of metal. Despite the lack of an occupant, the figure's head moves from time to time, following patrons who pass by. Two blue lights glow where eyes should be.

N1K C9R stands vigilant, keeping an optic on the passersby, ready to respond if any offer harm to his charge. A large axe is strapped to his back, fastened so that it can be removed quickly. Normally it would be in his hands, but it has been impressed on him that this is not acceptable in a respectable place of business. As he watches, he waits for Maria to begin speaking to him again. He cannot share her grief, although he knows it is one of the many things humans do that are beyond his understanding. He certainly regrets the situation they are in, but not for emotional reasons. Regrets for the past aside, he is glad for both of their sakes that they found the inn. For himself, there is the chance to dry out before rust sets in - he carries a tent for them, but it would still be damp - and if he rusts again, he wouldn't be able to protect her. For Maria, it is best that she have others of her kind nearby. Nik will unhesitatingly give his motive force for her, but he has no idea how to comfort her, or even what comforting is.

LtPowers
2015-11-15, 10:32 PM
A young half-Elven woman comes into the common room from deeper in the inn. She smiles broadly, despite the chill and damp in the air and the hushed grimness of the patrons. Her clothing is well made, and of a durable, practical cut and material -- modest except for the bright red and yellow accent colors. Clasped to her tunic is a holy symbol, depicting a triangle of stars in red, yellow, and orange. She carries no equipment but a small purse, and wears no armor.

An orange tabby cat emerges presently from the same direction and meows when she reaches the half-Elf's feet. The woman turns to order a bowl of stew, which she sets on the floor for the feline before returning her gaze to the common room.

She shakes her head at the dour atmosphere, though the smile falters only slightly. "This will not do," she says quietly, to no one in particular.

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2015-11-16, 08:22 PM
Not long after the latest entrants, rain soaked and otherwise, a somewhat larger group of rough cut fellow makes their way in. After a bit of a glare about the room, one of them gives a nod to their fellows, who start spreading out. The apparent leader then advances toward the corner where the young lady had recently emerged.

onlie2005
2015-11-16, 10:37 PM

https://41.media.tumblr.com/e8017aaf6cb5cfe71be2fde9c6b0c7ad/tumblr_mla8udRISL1rmweb2o1_250.jpg

Maria had not realized that her friend, the living mechanical armor was in stress until it was right now. She normally noticed such things being the empathic child that she was, but her grief was constantly on her mind. And she needed to eat immediately. At least Nik seemed okay and chided herself for only thinking for herself. The girl was about to ask a nearby wench for some towels when she noticed the rather suspicious looking group enter. She did not have to be an adult or a sage to know this meant trouble. Slowly she reached into one of the pockets on her backpack and pulled out a slender rod that looked suspiciously like a wand.

Nik I don't trust these guys. They look like trouble., she whispered to her warforged friend.

LtPowers
2015-11-17, 07:42 AM
The half-Elf looks quizzically at the lead ruffian who seems to head straight for her, though she doesn't drop the smile. "Good tharsun, m'lord," she replies politely. "May I be of assistance to you?"

If she's at all apprehensive, she's putting up a brave front.

Adrie Everbright

fireinthedust
2015-11-17, 03:39 PM
Silverblade had been wandering the mortal world for some months, aligning his magic with the laws of magic here and keeping an ear out for any word of Elven goods taken from the ruins of his people since they had fled during the spellplague. He remembered a very different Faerun than he found, with ancient mages he would have thought immortal now dead, and the laws of magic were known. The spellplague had changed that. His aegis had finally reformed when he called to it, and the runes and sparks swirled around his sword again. A few close calls, but he was back to his old strength. It was a strange world, shattered by the spell plague and the centuries, and every spark of magic would be needed here.

The noble Eladrin was sitting in the Inn, quietly having a meal while listening for anything of interest. He looked the part of the adventurer, and a warrior of noble birth, but not covered in riches.

He looked up as the ruffians passed near the half-elf, monitoring without appearing to do so. Half-blooded though she may be, she was like his homeland: her elven nature reduced in its fullness, and surrounded by brutish human barbarians.

GnollOfErathis
2015-11-17, 07:51 PM
Nik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386)

Nik I don't trust these guys. They look like trouble., she whispered to her warforged friend.

I agree. Nik's volume control does not have the range of a human's. He is using his "indoor voice," but it is not particularly quiet, and the flat, metallic tone stands out among the product of fleshy vocal cords. He steps in front of Maria. His hand starts toward his shoulder, then stops. "Is it seemly to draw axe at this time?"

onlie2005
2015-11-17, 08:33 PM
Nik

I agree. Nik's volume control does not have the range of a human's. He is using his "indoor voice," but it is not particularly quiet, and the flat, metallic tone stands out among the product of fleshy vocal cords. He steps in front of Maria. His hand starts toward his shoulder, then stops. "Is it seemly to draw axe at this time?"

While Maria generally minded her own business, she was worried about the patron. She nodded to Nik, figuring that if they caused trouble, Nik should be ready, so she whispered, Yes but do not attack unless provoked. I don't want them to harm anyone though.

[roll0]

Shimeran
2015-11-17, 09:17 PM
As he approaches, the man's gaze drops down toward Adrie's tunic. "She's the one", he snarls with a small jerk of the head. A bit of a sneer starts spreading across his face as he says, "You can stay put. That will make this much easier." While saying this, his hand drips under his cloak as he begins speeding forward.

Initiative: [roll0], if not interrupted
Edit: Ugh. Infernal roll typo. Doubling the raw roll (2) for initiative 9.

When they approached, it looked like they might be associates of the half-elf. However given their abrupt hostility this is unlikely.

LtPowers
2015-11-17, 10:09 PM
The half-Elf is partially surprised by the speed with which this turned sour, but not entirely. As soon as it's clear the ruffian means business, she moves into a battle stance -- though without armor or weaponry the odds are firmly stacked against her.

Initiative: [roll0]
Adrie's AC is only 11 at the moment (base 10 + 1 INT) because she's unarmored. This could hurt.

Adrie Everbright

onlie2005
2015-11-17, 10:33 PM

Nik attack now! He is threatening that woman!

Maria's fears are confirmed as she sees the leader attack. She may be in hiding but she is not about to let an obviously innocent and helpless woman be murdered. She stands up and points her wand in the direction of the attacking man.

1d20+1

onlie2005
2015-11-17, 10:35 PM
OOC: Sorry forgot to roll initiative.

[roll0]

FeyLich
2015-11-18, 04:29 PM
Trouble was beginning, and barely minutes after Sardis had entered. So this was civilisation for you. He sighed and got up, drawing his longspear and pointing it at the aggressor.
"Zephyr, you are needed!" He shouts to his companion outside, as he settled into a battle stance, and prepared to leap forward.

GnollOfErathis
2015-11-18, 08:42 PM

Nik pauses momentarily - his duty is to protect Maria, not this person he hasn't met. Then he sees that Maria has drawn her weapon as well, and prepares for battle.

[roll0]

Shimeran
2015-11-18, 09:29 PM
A long blade catches the firelight as the leader lunges toward Adrie.

So far it looks like only Marie beats his roll. Let me know if her action keeps him from attacking. I think she's got one power that could block that.

If not, here's the rolls: attack [roll0], hit [roll1] damage and dazed (save ends).

By the by, you don't need to wait for your initiative to post. Just set up the post when you can and I'll use initiative when resolving them.

LtPowers
2015-11-18, 09:52 PM
The blade catches the half-Elf solidly, and with no way to parry or deflect the blade, it leaves her reeling -- bruised and dazed, but not yet bloodied. Grasping her holy symbol, she takes a moment to clear her head.

Free action: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune: +1 to next attack or saving throw

Minor action: Knack for Success on self: target makes a saving throw

Saving throw:

to be continued pending result of saving throw

Her head properly cleared, she narrows her eyes as she sizes up her opponent. "I don't know who you are, but I tried to be nice. Now GET AWAY FROM ME!"

Her holy symbol begins to glow, a brilliant radiance that quickly envelops her. It becomes a column of light, though it's not frightening -- it's warm, and comforting. Nonetheless, when it explodes outward, it hits the ruffian and his compatriots like a blast of wind.

Standard action: Moment of Glory on all ruffians, starting with the leader.
(Not sure how many there are; please roll more for me if there are more within the 5-square blast.)
Leader: Wisdom vs Will: [roll]1d20+4
Ruffian 2: Wisdom vs Will: 1d20+4
Ruffian 3: Wisdom vs Will: 1d20+4
Ruffian 4: Wisdom vs Will: 1d20+4

Any ruffians within a close blast 5 who get hit by those rolls will be pushed 3 squares and knocked prone.

Adrie and all allies -- which for Adrie's purposes are anyone who isn't with the ruffians -- who are within the close blast 5 gain resist 5 to all damage.

Minor action: Healing Word on self: regain 6+1d6 HP

The warm glow fades, healing much of the damage the sword inflicted on the half-Elf and leaving her enemies (hopefully) strewn on the floor -- and everyone else nearby protected from harm.

Adrie Everbright

fireinthedust
2015-11-18, 10:11 PM
Initiative +3: [roll0]

Lord Silverblade reacts more quickly than even he'd expected, and he was surprised to find himself with his blade drawn. He'd thought he was going to watch how it played out, leave these outsiders to their fates; but it was her elf-ears, however human the rest of her looked, and he was up in arms and fighting. Again.

OOC: I'm not 100% on the rules, and cannot find my FR 4e books, but can I mark this ruffian now? I'd like to make a dramatic "teleport beside him, blade to his throat" sort of move. Unsure, but RAW may say I have to move to draw, then use an action to mark, or attack first, or some such (could I get a ruling or someone with the book to help, please?)

Maps: I'm finding I'm more of a theatre of the mind player than I'd expected, given my appreciation of 4e. If we don't need miniatures grids for pbp, I'm okay with that; plus it could take a great deal of work off our GM (unless we've got a pre-made virtual table, or the GM doesn't mind using the adventre's map plus minis and taking a photo on their phone?)

fireinthedust
2015-11-18, 10:16 PM
Initiative +3: [roll0]

Lord Silverblade reacts more quickly than even he'd expected, and he was surprised to find himself with his blade drawn. He'd thought he was going to watch how it played out, leave these outsiders to their fates; but it was her elf-ears, however human the rest of her looked, and he was up in arms and fighting. Again.

OOC: Woo! 19 initiative! Can I try intimidating this guy? Assuming that I can do this:

IC: The eladrin talks down to the ruffian, his long sword blade flashing with orange firelight and the lavender hue of his swirling aegis.
Drop. Your. Sword.

OOC: Intimidate roll: [roll0]

Shimeran
2015-11-19, 12:08 AM
The leader snarls out “Take care of this rabble.” as he turns from the lord's blade. The thugs just have time to draw their blades before Adrie's retaliatory blast knocks him and 2 of his crew down, with a lone thug enduring the luminous shock wave.

I'm assuming Silverblade marked the leader, so go ahead and trigger your aegis before he gets knocked down. On a side note, while there is free floor space around the leader, there's also the bar top, couch, and a cushy chair in striking range of his position.

The shock wave knocked the leader under the nearest table, next to his henchman that resisted the attack. The other henchman flanking that table was flung over a chair and landed between the west 2 tables. The last henchman in the area landed next to the west wall. Given Sardis was observing the crowd, this likely puts the last 2 near his table.

As for allies in the area, Maria and Nik should be included, as may Silverblade if he teleports onto the couch or behind the leader (or if Adrie adjust the position to catch him in another location.)

Here are the initiative rolls for the henchmen. Since they didn't engage until given the command, I'll have the higher initiative ones just having drawn their weapons as a readied action.
Standing backup [roll0], floored backup [roll1], bar thug [roll2], booth thug [roll3], door thugs [roll4]

fireinthedust
2015-11-19, 01:27 PM
I'm assuming Silverblade marked the leader, so go ahead and trigger your aegis before he gets knocked down. On a side note, while there is free floor space around the leader, there's also the bar top, couch, and a cushy chair in striking range of his position.

Lord Silverblade had given their leader one chance, but the human lunged away from him and slashed the helf-elf he'd been defending.

Unwise.

Silverblade vanished in a violet flash, then his blade slashed out of thin air on the other side of the room, aiming to take the ruffian's hand.

Not so fast!

[roll0]
[roll1]

The explosive force struck next, knocking the ruffian under the table. ((ooc: did I get that right?))

FeyLich
2015-11-19, 04:06 PM
Sardis leapt into the air, finding the two thugs nearest him and landing in front of them, about 10ft away, as a swirling storm of wind and rain burst through the doorway. He thrust with his longspear at one of the thugs, and his companion flew towards the other, forcing them back under the sheer weight of the zephyr's assault.

Move Action: Windwalker to fly over the heads of the thugs (or around them) and landing 2 squares away, so as to be able to hit them with a reach weapon. Zephyr moves in to the building.
Standard Action: Combined Attack: Attacks one of the thugs ([roll0], [roll1] damage), and zephyr moves up to and attacks the other, sliding them 1 square towards the other thug on a successful hit. ([roll2], [roll3] damage).

Shimeran
2015-11-20, 07:33 PM
Having taken bolt, blade, and blast, the leader is badly battered, but still astute enough to roll into the table away from Nik's swipe. The thugs from the door run in to help their leader buy swiping at him with clubs.

Meanwhile, the thug from the booth, seeing the massive warforged between him and both the lord and priest, tries to sneak a swipe in at Maria.

Though distracted, the thug Sardis swings up manages to bring his club up to parry the blow. His compatriot is not so lucky, their body slumping to the ground after being flung away by the zephyr's assault.

The thug who had been knocked against the wall decides to take his chances, trying to rush the newly arrived Sardis from behind.

Thug leader has taken a total of 12 damage.

2 thugs go for Nik at [roll0] and [roll1] and 2 damage each.

One door thug goes for Maria with [roll2] vs AC and 2 damage.

Thug from bar goes for Sardis with [roll3] vs AC and 2 damage.

onlie2005
2015-11-21, 11:05 PM

Maria instinctively lashes out at the Thug attacking her, shooting a bolt of lightning at him but because of her haste her shot goes wide. However the bolt zigs around and strikes the thug leader.

Arc Lightning on Thug Closest to Her: [roll0]
Arc Lightning on Thug Leader: [roll1]
Damage if Hit: [roll2]
Reroll Natural 1 Damage Roll: [roll3]

GnollOfErathis
2015-11-21, 11:35 PM

Nik avoids one blow. The other connects solidly but bounces off harmlessly. He says to the surprised thug, "That did not have the intended effect." He aims a more powerful blow at the leader, anxious to finish his opponents so he can return to Maria.

ETA
Stance and power cards in spoiler.

Minor: Battle Wrath stance. +2 to the damage rolled below
Standard: MBA + Power Strike if it hits. Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1] +2 from BW

Battle Wrath Fighter At-Will Utility (HotFL 153)
Minor Action (Martial, Stance)
Range: Personal
Effect: You assume the battle wrath stance. Until the stance ends (USE), you gain a +2(p) to the damage rolls of basic attacks using a weapon.
Level 11: +3(p)
Level 21: +4(p)

Melee Basic Attack (MBA) Basic At-Will Attack (HotFL 26)
Standard Action (Weapon)
Range: Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC. +8+PA(p)/ (+9+PA charging) vs. AC (½L + Str +2 P + WT + AX(f))
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage. 1d12(AX) + 7 + BW(p) damage (Greataxe + Str + HS). Crit. 19 + d12 HC + BW(p).

Power Strike Fighter Encounter Attack (HotFL 132, Update)
No Action (Martial, Weapon)
Range: Special
Trigger: You hit an enemy with a MBA using a weapon
Effect: The enemy takes 1[W] extra damage from the triggering attack.
Level 17: 2[W] extra damage.
Level 27: 3[W] extra damage.
Special: You gain extra uses of this power at 3rd, 11th and 13th levels, but can only use it once per turn.

FeyLich
2015-11-22, 05:04 PM
Sardis easily dodges the thug's attack, and spins round to thrust in his direction, simultaneously shouting advice to Nik about optimum positioning.

Standard Action: Dynamic Assault: [roll0], [roll1] damage. Nik can move up to four squares as a free action and gets +5 to Athletics checks while doing so.

LtPowers
2015-11-22, 09:06 PM
The half-Elf's countenance hardens -- but only ever so slightly. "Attention ruffians," she announces. "Be it known that these good people are under the divine protection of Our Lady of Joy, Lliira, and as her humble Joydancer, I shall not allow harm to come to them. Throw down your weapons; they will do you no good, as you have already seen."

Her voice is light, and the happiness on her face is not sadistic, but beatific, an expression of her certainty that her cause is just and the power of her goddess will prevail. But her words are not just rhetoric; she infuses them with a divine power, directed at the leader of the thugs, attempting to render him more vulnerable.

Unnoticed in the commotion, the tabby cat that had been eating at the cleric's feet suddenly appears from behind the bar, hopping over it to distract the leader of the group.

Minor action: Sustain Moment of Glory: All allies previously receiving resist 5 all continue to receive resist 5 all.

Minor action: Distracting Attack on Thug Leader: Adrie gains combat advantage on the target until end of turn.

Standard action: Exacting Utterance on Thug Leader: WIS (+2 CA) vs Will: [roll0]
If hit: Thug Leader gains vulnerability 4 to all damage until end of Adrie's next turn, and any ally who attacks him (until end of Adrie's next turn) gains 4 temporary HP.

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2015-11-23, 09:52 AM
The thug who had been knocked against the bar shakes his head as he rises. Being the others dismay at facing the massive metal man, he snarls, "Get the others. Me and Willins 'll get that one." before rushing Nik.

Shortly after, Maria's errant bolt slams into the leader, eliciting a string of curses as he spasms.

Following that, the thug near the couch darts in, search for possible weak spots in Nik's plated exterior. Using that distraction, the leader staggers to his feet, trying to get a quick slash into Nik's joints. Despite the attempt, it's obvious Adrie's words fill him with a moment of doubt, as his stance becomes less certain.

I haven't heard anything from fireinthedust, so I'll roll onto the other actions for now. Even without that, the combination of his Aegis, the knockdown from Adrie, and being prone next to Nik has him in a really bad spot.

The risen bandit's charge is vs AC for [roll1] damage. He gets a shift on a hit, but won't take it as he's trying to set up a flank.

The second bandit on Nik gets [roll2] vs AC for [roll]1d8+1d6+1 damage and inflicts a daze on a hit. If he does hit, he will shift toward Maria.

Now for the thug leader. It's a tough call as he'd really like to strike back at Silverblade. However, as the swordmage is too close to charge, he's going to end up making a swing at Nik and eating the aegis attack. That's [roll3] vs AC (w/ mark penalty) for [roll4] damage. Here's his recharge roll for the dazing attack [roll5]. On a 5+, the attack is dazing(save ends) and pushes, so it might save from being dropped immediately. Seeing at this could swing things pretty heavily, I'll post the rest after the rolls.

Shimeran
2015-11-23, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately for the leader, showing even a moment's hesitation can prove deadly when in reach of a trained warrior. Nik's axe caught him square in the chest, making a wet crunch as his body was flung back against the bar. Seeing this, the dismay on the remaining thugs faces became all to evident as they seemed to be seriously giving second thought to Adrie's words.

Marie's attack would have had him just above bloodied, which put him nicely in Nik's range. With Adrie's help, he didn't even need his power attack to do so, so he's still got that to wreck the next thug.

Along those line, I'd say their morale is a tipping point now. If anyone wants to throw in some roleplay to intimidate them, I'll likely have their morale break, especially as a crit from one of their seconds in command was just glossed over with temp hp. (4 damage after granted resistance)

Shimeran
2015-11-23, 10:15 AM
After a moment's hesitation, a couple of the thugs start working their way toward Sardis, which surely has nothing to do with him standing closest to the door. While engaging them, he manages to dispatch his previous attacker before his shout out to his new found metallic ally.

I doubt it will matter, but here are the thugs attack rolls at 2 damage each [roll0] and [roll1]. I mostly wanted to get their actions out of the way so Nik could get the nifty free move for whatever purposed he wants to put it to.

fireinthedust
2015-11-23, 11:33 AM
ooc: sorry, busy weekend! I wanted to use Frostwind Blade as a level 1 at-will, if that's okay? I'd just picked powers without looking at them, and I should have Greenflame Blade.

My ideal action: Fey Step over to another Thug as a Move action, Frostwind Blade as an attack; Then when the Leader attacks Nik, teleport and slash with a basic attack. If the leader goes down, I believe I can just mark someone else? He'll pick whoever is nearest the half-elf.

[roll0][roll1]cold damage (+1 cold on the marked leader if it hits)
[roll2][roll3] basic attack on the leader.

IC: Lord Silverblade vanishes in a burst of violet light, landing next to one of the Thugs nearest the half-elf. His sword was shining with a piercing white-blue aura, and he bore down on the ruffian with it.
Then, the instant the leader struck at the warforged, Lord Silverblade vanished in another burst of light, appearing next to the leader just in time to slash the foe down.

onlie2005
2015-11-24, 01:31 AM
Maria contnues to assault the thugs with her lightning.

Thug Nearest Maria: [roll0]
Leader or if dead next nearest Thug: [roll1]
Reroll Natural 1 Damage Roll: [roll3]

Shimeran
2015-11-24, 09:10 AM
Lord Silverblade's step take to the thug that was trying to sneak up on Nik. He deflected that strike readily enough before jumping to the leader and drawing blood. Shortly thereafter, he had to nimbly side step as said leader body crashed rather messily into the bar beside him.

We've largely rolled over into turn 3 at this point, so Lord Silverblade can throw out another action. Since his mark can shift their targeting quite a bit, I'll wait until tonight to resolve their actions. That also give Nik time to spend his granted movement.

Maria's lightning will miss the 1st target and hit the second one, but the flavor text will change based on where they are when it strikes.

As for Frostwind blade, I'm running with a "It's only really pinned down when you use it" set up so go ahead and change to it.

fireinthedust
2015-11-24, 11:57 AM
ooc: sounds good. I'm not sure who's nearest, or if I can reach one of the thugs with a move action before using another dose of Frostwind blade. Ideally: mark a Thug attacking Maria, then move to the nearest thug in range who isn't attacking her and use Frostwind Blade. Then, when that Thug attacks Maria, teleport and basic attack them as a reaction.

Attack: Frostwind Blade [roll0]
Damage [roll1] plus 1 cold to thug I marked

Reaction basic attack using Aegis of Assault, if marked thug attacks someone other than me (ie: Maria): [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Also: I've got +4 to hit, but considering it's my longsword (+3) and Int bonus (+4) I'm not sure why the character generator didn't fix that. I believe that for AC attacks with a weapon, the proficiency bonus should apply to my swordmage attacks as well as to my basic attacks (intelligent blademaster feat). I don't have the FR book right now, so I can't confirm that, but I'm fairly certain it's the case. I adjusted the math in my rolls as a result, but if I'm wrong then we'd ignore the +3 from longswords.

Lord Silverblade spins nimbly around the steel warrior, and moves directly to the nearest ruffian engaging them. On the way he points to the thug nearest the half-elf. Harm her and you'll feel my blade! With that he slashes at his original target, frost swirling around his sword, a small trail of it gusting against the thug he'd pointed at as a reminder of the warning.

GnollOfErathis
2015-11-24, 04:05 PM

Nik is surprised that strangers would step in to help him and Maria, but he'll puzzle that out later. He takes Sardis' advice, moving out of the trap the thugs are trying to set for him. Then he winds up to take a vicious blow at the one still beside him.

Round 2, Initiative 3: Move one square Southeast. Both thugs flanking him get OAs with CA, so I'm glad for the resist 5 - unless you can choose to shift one with a granted move.

Round 3, Initiative 6: If the thug is still there he'll make a MBA, with Power Strike if needed: Attack [roll0]; MBA damage [roll1]; PS damage [roll2].

Shimeran
2015-11-24, 09:01 PM
Silverblade's warning happens to land on the foe he'd previously intercepted, giving the frostly backlash of his strike and uncomfortably familiar sting.

With Nik having stepped out of their line up, the two thugs turn on the new arrival. The one he struck swing back first. The second's circling was somewhat delayed when Maria's errant bolt bounced off a mug to strike him firmly in the back. Though he shot a nasty look over his shoulder, he'd seem what ignoring the blade wielder had gotten his boss and tried to return the favor with a swift strike.

I'll let you tone down the granted move to shift, much like you could do with a normal move action.

The first thug is down by 5 and strikes for [roll]1d20+7[/roll vs AC for [roll0] damage.

The first thug is down by 15 (most of that extra damage being Maria's bolt) and strikes for [roll]1d20+9[/roll vs AC for [roll1] damage, +[roll2] damage from CA.

Seeing as they both move away to set up a flank on Silverblade, Nik is welcome to redirect to either of them as it takes the same steps to reach each. Either way it's hitting and does enough to bloody them on it's own.

Shimeran
2015-11-24, 09:04 PM
Despite their efforts, Silverblade is able to neatly sidestep both thugs clumsy attempts.

I thought I'd fixed those roll typos, but apparently they slipped through, so here we go again: [roll0] and[roll1] for the first and second attacks.

onlie2005
2015-11-25, 04:01 PM
Concerned with the health of her warforged friend and guardian, she continues to pester the thugs attacking Nik with her lightning.

Thug 1: [roll0]
Thug 2: [roll1]
Reroll Damage if Natural 1 Roll: [roll3]

FeyLich
2015-11-25, 04:12 PM
Sardis attacks the nearest thug, shouting advice to Nik.
Attack Roll: [roll0], [roll1] damage. Nik can take a free action to move up to 5 squares.

Shimeran
2015-11-26, 08:45 PM
Nik managed to get in a swipe at the first thug as he moved to set up flanking. He followed up to finish the job shortly after that. Meanwhile the two thugs around Sardis manged to get in a couple more swings before he dropped one of them.

Sardis' attackers: [roll0] and [roll1] vs AC for 2 damage each.

That drops us to 2 thugs left, so this is just about wrapped up. I think we're missing Adrie's action, but we're otherwise set, so I'll likely push on tomorrow. I'd already processed Maria's attack for this round, so I'll wrap that into the upcoming round.

Shimeran
2015-11-30, 04:29 AM
The already shaken thug decides to hightail it after taking a face full of flame from Silverblade's sword. He manages to duck down as Maria's bolt soars in, but his compatriot is not so lucky and is dropped by that crackling lance.

Here are the rolls for Silverblade: [roll0] vs Reflex for [roll1] fire damage.

At this point the thug will be at the end of the row of booths, next to the door. He'd provoke from both Maria and the Zephyr in doing so, though I don't think Maria has a melee weapon equipped at the moment.

LtPowers
2015-11-30, 10:02 PM
The half-Elf has had enough.

She moves to a central position and declares, still smiling: "There has been enough violence here today. I suggest we all lay down our weapons and spells. If there is anything left to be discussed, let us discuss it; otherwise, I think it would behoove those with ill intent to leave. Now."

Standard action: Total defense

Move action: Move to central position in the room, not necessarily the dead center, just a convenient place to keep an eye on everyone.

Adrie Everbright

onlie2005
2015-12-01, 01:49 AM
Maria is not a cold blooded person. She will defend herself and her friends if need be but she will not shoot someone on the back. But she will keep her wand trained on the thug until the thug has left the building.

fireinthedust
2015-12-01, 12:16 PM
Silverblade's sword is leveled at the last thug.

One moment! Who are you to attack this woman? She's of elven blood, and under my protection from acts by... whoever you are. Explain yourself to me!

ooc: going with the noble elf angle, assuming command as if he's the protector of all elvenkind. He's thinking some scummy humans are attacking this half-elf, and he wants to know why.

Good to be back! Special kudos to the GM for the awesome map work, much appreciated! If typing takes too long, maybe use battle mat with tokens on it, phone camera upload the photo somehow?

Shimeran
2015-12-02, 12:59 AM
The man gives a nod as he backs away, "Not much to explain. Someone with a fat purse wanted her gone enough to lay down the coin."

onlie2005
2015-12-02, 06:12 PM
Maria narrows her eyes at the thug. It takes all her will not to magic missile him right then and there. Glaring at him she then turns to the intended target of the attacks and asked her, What in the nine hells did you do to warrent the hiring of assassins to kill you? Any enemies that you may know of?

GnollOfErathis
2015-12-02, 10:21 PM
Nik

Seeing that Maria is talking rather than fighting, Nik does not attack, although he holds his axe ready.

fireinthedust
2015-12-03, 06:33 PM
Not good enough. Whose purse? Where are they? And what did they tell you about her, that she needed killing by the likes of you?

LtPowers
2015-12-03, 09:35 PM
"Everyone, please. I appreciate your concern... not to mention your skills with blade and spell," the half-Elf points out. "But as I do seem to be the intended target, I would rather ask the questions myself.

"Now, I'm not sure why anyone would want me dead, especially not badly enough to offer coin for the job... unless... oh dear. That must be it. I assume," she says, turning to the thug, "you've followed me from Winterhaven? But I suppose that you have no idea who it is who hired you. Only in it for the coin. I bet if you knew just who your employer was, you'd regret taking the job."

She looks at the ruffian, expecting an answer.

Adrie will take 10 on an Insight check to determine if he's lying (result of 21).

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2015-12-05, 04:44 PM
"Seeing as my mates are bleeding out there, I already regret the job. Winterhaven is square on though. You're also right about not know who. Folks who pay for this kind of work rarely want it known. They also don't tend to gab on exactly why."

No lies so far, though I'll keep the roll in mind for the rest of conversation. You do get a sense that he might have some more thoughts on those topics.

LtPowers
2015-12-07, 03:28 PM
"Oh. Yes, your mates... I am deeply sorry for the bloodshed," says the Lliiran cleric. For the first time, sadness tinges her words, and the smile leaves her face. Even a Joydancer cannot maintain happiness perpetually. "Let's see if we can save any of them. You know them well, I take it?"

As she speaks, she begins ministrations upon the dead and/or dying, attempting to heal those she can. If she expects anyone else to assist, it's implied in her words, never explicit as a command.

She has one use left of Healing Word, which she'll use if necessary; otherwise she'll use First Aid on them with Heal checks. She can take 10 on those checks (if eligible) but with a result of 14 it'll only work if someone aids her.

The Insight check of 21 is her Passive Insight score anyway, so any Bluff checks would be made against that by default.

Adrie Everbright

GnollOfErathis
2015-12-07, 07:57 PM

Nik only knows how to break people, not put them back together, but he will help with any heavy lifting if Maria points out that he should.

Shimeran
2015-12-07, 08:35 PM
The man seems genuinely caught of guard by such kindness, "Some better than other, miss, but yet, I've run with most of them for some time now."

As she's making her preparations, he mentions softly "We don't usually go for priest. They talked Edry into it though. Some of use thought you must have pissed off some noble. A few of the others figured it might be temple politics, what how their contact dressed."

onlie2005
2015-12-07, 10:04 PM
Maria turns to her guardian and says, Nik can you get the town guard? We are going to need them.

Shge speaks to him like a person in a polite manner. Guardian or not he was still a friend. She then begins taking all the weapons and throwing them into a faraway corner while the cleric begins her healing.

fireinthedust
2015-12-08, 05:07 PM
ooc: Nice! Quality cleric thinking there, and very classy move.

IC:

Varlok Silverblade held his weapon and watched as the half-elf spoke. While not full-blooded, she reminded him of at least one great elven lady, whose grace was in her kindness as much as her beauty. he lowered his sword, sheathing the blade as she went about healing these ruffians, and he nodded in approval.

Well spoken. Mercy is a most honorable grace I had thought long-vanished from these lands, m'lady. Well spoken indeed. I shall move these men close to you for healing...?

While not a healer, Varlock knows enough about harming others that he can attempt to figure out the reverse: moving tables and chairs blocking her path, helping to drag these men into the best position to benefit from her healing.

ooc: should I roll an Int check, or aide another, or...? [roll0]

GnollOfErathis
2015-12-08, 06:20 PM

Maria turns to her guardian and says, Nik can you get the town guard? We are going to need them.

Shge speaks to him like a person in a polite manner. Guardian or not he was still a friend. She then begins taking all the weapons and throwing them into a faraway corner while the cleric begins her healing.

Is there a station nearby, or should I look for a patrol?

After getting his answer, Nik approaches the guards. We have need of assistance at the Gilded Lady tavern.

Shimeran
2015-12-10, 12:19 AM
The barkeep emerges as things settle down and is able to direct Nik toward the nearest station. On the way there, he's able to catch the attention of a patrol which sends a few men back with him.

Meanwhile, Adrie and Silverblade's effort manage to stabilize the majority of the fallen, though the more grievously wounded are fading baring a more potent intervention.

I'd call it an aid another check. The roll is a bit low, but seeing as she's 1 point short, I'm will to give at least a partial success for narrating how Lord Silverblade helps.

Meanwhile, he's a stealth roll for the remaining thug.. [roll0]

Edit: and it's a 19. I believe only Sardis has the passive perception to spot that

Shortly after Nik leaves, the remaining thugs starts working his way toward the door. He manages to fade into the background well enough to be temporarily forgotten about by all but Sardis, who notices him maneuvering toward the exit.

fireinthedust
2015-12-11, 03:53 PM
Varlock continues to help, but wants to search the fallen. Maybe they have information on the patron, like a letter or a symbol on the coins used.

onlie2005
2015-12-12, 02:33 PM
Maria continues to help heal as best she can. She is only 9 years old and has very little experience in such matters.

[roll0]

Shimeran
2015-12-13, 09:33 PM
Varlock manage to find just under 6 gold worth of coinage, mostly of local mintage. That and the maker's marks on some of their gear do lead credence to them being from Winterhaven. They seem to be a bit short on paperwork, but the leader was carrying a note a couple of what looks like business names as well as a sketch which seems a fair match to the holy symbol Adrie is wearing.

As for Marie, having a spare hand to bring in or cut fresh cloth to bind the wounds can certainly help. The cases most at risk are suffering from heavy bleeding, so anything to slow that flow would help. While gathering supplies, she does catch a sidelong glimpse of the retreating thug.

onlie2005
2015-12-14, 04:17 PM
Maria was about to rip a strip of cloth from her cape when she saw the thug try to sneak out. She immediately points her wand at him.

Hey where do you think you're going! Stop right there and move away from that door. Now!

[roll0]

Shimeran
2015-12-15, 08:19 PM
For a moment the man looks like he's about to make a run for it, followed by a second moment of evaluating who's speaking, before settling into a sour but resigned expression after a glance at her wand and some of the scorch marks on the nearby furniture.

Meanwhile, the inn is just coming back into sight for Nik and crew as Maria's sharp speech spill into the street. Though the door muffles the words, the angry undertones can be picked up readily enough.

GnollOfErathis
2015-12-16, 05:40 PM

On hearing Maria's voice, Nik hurries ahead. From experience, he knows that that tone has about even chances of meaning she's getting into trouble, or out of it. He opens the door somewhat more forcefully than is considered polite, and surveys the scene. No mayhem is occurring yet, so he settles for standing in the door, which goes a long way toward filling it.

Marianna Fireheart, is there a problem here?

onlie2005
2015-12-17, 06:17 PM
Maria is relieved when her warforged guardian arrives. She lowers her wand and says, Those thugs decided to try and make a run for it that's all. Could not let them given that they had attempted murder.

GnollOfErathis
2015-12-17, 09:22 PM

Ah, she had been stopping the problem.

Very well. The guards will arrive shortly. He keeps an eye on the attempted escapee, and does not move out of the door until the guards are ready to come through.

Shimeran
2015-12-18, 05:53 AM
The guards step in a few minutes later, taking in the scene. Though they are initially wary the barkeep is quick to step in an vouch for the party, which helps set them a bit more at ease. If not interrupted, they will take the conscious thug into custody and send for healers before moving the wounded.

I'm mostly skipping through this part unless someone wants a more detailed interaction with the guards. Feel free to jump ahead to discussing next steps.

LtPowers
2015-12-18, 01:01 PM
As the guards handle the ruffians, the half-Elf cleric they attacked is apologizing to the tavernmaster. She explains that she spent her last coin on the previous night's lodging and the day's board, but wants to compensate the establishment for the trouble, which she ultimately caused by her presence. Among other things, she'd be willing to promise to send coin when she can. She does have a pouch of residuum if that would serve as collateral or even payment.

Once she has arrangements made, she turns back to the common room, addressing those who came to her aid. The smile has returned to her face.

"Gentlefolk... my name is Adrie Everbright, Joydancer of Lliira. I have to thank you all again for your assistance. I was not at all prepared for an attack... and even if I was, the numbers would have been against me. I sense Our Lady had a hand in making sure I would have allies here in my time of need, but regardless... I likely owe you all my life.

"If you're willing, I'd like to explain more about what happened and perhaps request your help in addressing the underlying issues. It's clear this is not something I'll be able to do on my own, and from what I've seen I'd do quite well to have any of you along to help. We should discuss it in private, though, as these are sensitive matters."

Adrie Everbright

onlie2005
2015-12-18, 10:49 PM
Maria nods to Adrie and graciously offers her hand in friendship, I am Maria. Why were those men trying to kill you?

GnollOfErathis
2015-12-19, 12:01 AM

I am N1k C9R, known as Nik Chopper.

fireinthedust
2015-12-19, 02:32 PM
Lord Varlok looks about the room, at the other adventurers and then at the joydancer.

My name is Lord Varlock Silverblade. I have a sense this is no accidental meeting, and I will help as I can. I don't find it... tasteful to see one of elven blood attacked, and I will have words with whoever thought it their place to put a bounty upon your head.

ooc: I've been ill this week, couldn't look at a screen without headache and nausea. Very glad this game is still going, I'd love to make it through the module. I have a number of 4e books, but never read them; I didn't want to spoil the potential experience of playing them, and after years it looks like the wait will actually pay off! Thanks for sticking it out, everyone. :D

Shimeran
2016-01-03, 11:07 AM
The innkeep says the damage to their reputation would have been far worse had the ruffian's succeeded. He makes a small show of refusing to charge, but will accept holding the residuum if pressed.

The guards did have a few questions for those present but given the witnesses among the staff and other patrons, the story is quickly corroborated and the investigation wrapped up. The group is able to meet shortly after that in the privacy of Adrie's room to further discuss events.

LtPowers
2016-01-06, 05:25 PM
Adrie's feline companion curls up on the bed as the cleric gathers her equipment. It's not much -- she has a quarterstaff, a small backpack, and a suit of chainmail. This latter she dons as she speaks, no doubt concerned that there might be more attacks in the near future. Or perhaps it's just easier to wear it than to carry it.

"Well, I might as well get right down to it," she says by way of explanation. "I was in Winterhaven several days ago, up in the Thunder Peaks. I was visiting the temple of Chauntea when the abbess noticed me and asked for my help. Sister Linora said that she'd learned of a cult, devoted to Shar, that had set itself up within Winterhaven. She was at a loss as to what to do. They get very few adventurers coming through, and she was afraid to send her own priests for help. She was worried that the cult would move against the temple if they thought she was on to them.

"I knew there was little I could do on my own, but I offered to visit surrounding towns and see if I could muster up some help for Winterhaven. Sadly, though I can't blame them, none of the local authorities seemed interested in getting tangled up in rumors of a Sharrite cult. And until today I hadn't found any other adventurers who could help. As I said before, I sense Lliira's hand in guiding us to meet here today.

"Those ruffians must have been hired by the cult to take me out. I fear Sister Linora and the Chaunteans may be in danger, if the cult knows they sent me for help. I would ask you all to return with me to Winterhaven and, at a minimum, protect the Chauntean temple... and perhaps, root out this cult before it takes deeper hold in the region."

Adrie Everbright

GnollOfErathis
2016-01-07, 06:07 PM

Nik stands in the back, as out of the way as he can manage in a small room containing a large number of people. He knows little and cares less about gods, although Shar is the only one of those mentioned that he has never heard any good of. Having no opinion of his own, he awaits Maria's pronouncement on the subject.

onlie2005
2016-01-08, 11:58 PM
Maria looks to Nik and says, Think we can help her out? Religion might not be one of my stronger academic subjects but I do know that nothing good can come from anything that Shar is involved in.

LtPowers
2016-01-09, 10:48 AM
Adrie looks as Maria speaks up, as if she just now remembered that the girl was so young. "Oh, right... young Miss Fireheart. I noticed your obvious skill with The Art during the confrontation out front, but I'm still concerned about bringing someone of your age into this kind of trouble. I would not want to have to answer to your parents should things go poorly," she says with a sympathetic smile, though she's not really joking. "What is your story?"

Adrie Everbright

GnollOfErathis
2016-01-09, 06:35 PM

Maria looks to Nik and says, Think we can help her out? Religion might not be one of my stronger academic subjects but I do know that nothing good can come from anything that Shar is involved in.

I too have heard nothing good about Shar. These people aided us, and Adrie Everbright, when they did not need to. It seems we may work well together.

onlie2005
2016-01-12, 11:53 PM
My mom and dad are dead. Nik here, my warforged friend is my guardian., it still hurts for Maria to say the fate of her parents. Though over time she has started to somewhat say it with less emotion and more out of instinct. In a way it is sort of a sign of moving on the best she can.

LtPowers
2016-01-16, 08:28 PM
Adrie gazes at the girl with sympathy, her smile gone. A pang of recognition shoots through her. "I'm so very sorry, Maria. You and I have something in common, then. I won't try to tell you I know how you feel, because everyone's grief is different. But by the time I was your age, I, too was orphaned and forced to fend for myself in an often hostile world."

The cleric's visage turns now to a soft smile. "So, if nothing else, I know from experience what a young girl with determination and skill can accomplish. Perhaps I'll tell you some of my story as we journey... and I'd be happy to listen to yours, if the somewhat pointed ear of a girl who's been there would be some small salve to your pain."

She turns to Nik Chopper next. "Your guardian is a most intriguing companion, as well. Mr. Chopper, the task you've undertaken is a treacherous one, but I welcome your assistance if you and Maria want to come with me." And then she turns to the others in the room. "And what of the rest of you, then?"

Adrie Everbright

GnollOfErathis
2016-01-17, 06:40 PM

She turns to Nik Chopper next. "Your guardian is a most intriguing companion, as well. Mr. Chopper, the task you've undertaken is a treacherous one, but I welcome your assistance if you and Maria want to come with me." And then she turns to the others in the room. "And what of the rest of you, then?"

Adrie Everbright

I believe we will, Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-01-24, 08:34 PM
After general agreement has been reached, the group retires to their respective rooms. The next morning after a light breakfast they hit the road to Winterhaven. The first few hours are relatively uneventful, though broken by the sound of hoof beats on the road behind them.

Boolprop
2016-01-25, 08:19 PM
Riding up behind the group is a man with a healthy sun-kissed skin with a strong and clearly defined facial features. His flaxen hair sweeps past his side when the wind breeze through them. The steed Iskandar rides on is a mare with a beautiful and healthy chestnut coat. Observing the group with his soft green colored eyes, the lone rider has the mare slow her pace. Having recognized the group from a rough description, Iskandar has his steed closes the distance. Once close enough, he calls out to the group in a heartily manner. "Greetings fellow travelers. By chance, did you folks stayed the night at the Gilded Lady in Highmoon?"

Upon closer inspection, one can see the rider has an athletically fit body with a slender frame, despite being covered by the articulated armor he wears. The armor itself is well kept with a few signs of it's metal tested in battle, the same goes for the rest of the clothing he wears. Resting in it's scabbard by his left side, one can see a symbol of a yellow radiant sun on sword's pommel. The same symbol can also be on the shield, which is resting on the man's back. Again, the symbol can also be seen embroidered into the cloth that hangs by the man's waist.

GnollOfErathis
2016-01-25, 11:22 PM

"We did." Nik moves to place himself between Maria and the newcomer, although from what little he knows of the gods, those who sport sun symbols are usually well-meaning.

LtPowers
2016-01-26, 02:01 PM
Adrie nods at Nik before facing the newcomer. "I bet you already know the answer, or you wouldn't have followed us," she says, smiling. "You have the appearance of a friend, good sir, but I hope you'll forgive us for being wary of your intent. The last time I was sought out by a stranger, it was an attempt on my life."

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-01-26, 11:59 PM
Iskandar De'Leon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=63684)

Stopping his steed a few feet away from the group, Iskandar nods towards Adrie, recognizing the holy symbol on her tunic and the cautiousness a few are showing. "If the rumors are true, then you have all the right to be vigilant, priestess of Lliira." Iskandar replies in agreement with a somber expression, not understanding why someone would try to assassinate a priestess of Lliira. Quickly inspecting the group, a smile returns to his face. "It seems these are the good folks have came to your aid in your hour of need. For that, I thank thee," he nods in gratitude to the rest of the group.

"Truth be told, the information I've heard this morning were lacking. So I rode out to in hopes of knowing more from you. But it seems you are well, which is what matters." Iskandar says, satisfied that Adrie seems safe and is in good company. "Ah where are my manners, I am Iskandar De'Leon, Cavalier of Amaunator. And I am glad you are safe, fare priestess." The Paladin says, bowing his head.

LtPowers
2016-01-27, 04:37 PM
"I am indeed well, thanks to these new friends. But I must ask what you've heard of yesterday's events, and how. If word has spread too far..."

Adrie Everbright

fireinthedust
2016-01-28, 11:53 AM
We are now to be targeted by the people who ordered an attack on this half-blooded priestess? I pity them. Do you have an idea where they could be now? I would very much like to express my condolences for their pending misfortunes.

Varlock's hand rests on the longsword at his waist, and the Eladrin's demeanour seems to say that he's taking the attack very personally.

OOC: I'm still in. Sorry for the delay, didn't realize this was still good. Still haven't read the module, and I was worried this game was dead = despair = I'm glad you're still here. :D

Also: enjoying me some Hammer Horror right now. Love those 70s vampire flicks!

Boolprop
2016-01-28, 07:41 PM

"During my stay at the Temple of Amaunator, I heard a priestess was attacked by a group of thugs at the Gilded Lady. There were rumors that the thugs were hired by an unknown hand. There is one about you being a priestess of Amaunator. Unfortunately the latter seems to be false information, Joydancer." Iskander says, his eyes gazes on Adrie's tunic, to where the holy symbol of Lliira is visible.

"There were some information about the adventurers who protected you. Which is how I was able to affirm who you are," he adds, his eyes surveying the group. "Even you're a priestess of Lliira, I would like to bring those who seek to end your life to justice." Iskandar says, smacking his chest with his right first.

"There seems to be more to the rumors I've heard. I don't know who order the attack or where it came from. And it sounds like last night's assault is only the beginning." The Paladin states when he tries to connect the dots with what the Joydancer and the Eladrin have just said, his demeanor slowly showing one of worry. This is especially so when he sees the little girl standing behind the Warforged.

fireinthedust
2016-01-28, 10:16 PM
Varlock looks at the priestess. Well, priestess, it would seem you've attracted a good deal of attention. I think it obvious your attackers must be dealt with. You've... attracted a following, and quickly. Among my-- *our* people, we call these kinds of strange meetings a... weave of destiny? You were travelling alone, you were attacked, and now you find yourself surrounded by warriors: a paladin, a swordmage, and a man of artifice with a strangeling girl. He waves his arm, gracefully showing the rest of the party.

It seems to me we are tasked with something important. The call to arms has been sounded, and now we are off to war. When so many strong ones gather, danger is about to strike. The world has gathered its defences together: whatever we are needed to do, we must strike first. Where could these foes be? I'm a stranger to these parts, and know nothing of the factions living here. Yet whoever hunts the priestess must be near enough to hire those thugs.

LtPowers
2016-01-29, 07:37 PM
Adrie blushes. "Yes, well, I do seem to have a knack for attracting a retinue," she replies with a smile. "Whatever the cause, I'm glad for the help. Sunmaster, that extends to you as well. I'm Adrie Everbright, and we journey to Winterhaven to investigate rumors of a Sharrian cult operating there. Those ruffians at the Gilded Lady were sent by the cult, I'm sure, to keep me from uncovering their activities. If they find out that I'm still alive, I'm afraid they'll take more drastic steps."

Adrie Everbright

GnollOfErathis
2016-01-29, 08:56 PM
Nik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386) brings his hand up to the opposite shoulder in what may be a salute. ”N1K C9R, called 'Nik Chopper.' I stand for Marianna Fireheart. And for Adrie Everbright.”

Shimeran
2016-01-31, 09:13 PM
The first day of travel is fairly uneventful. A brisk breeze the next day helps keep things pleasantly cool. The path also becomes a largely dirt trail with only the occasional cobblestone visible, though still level enough to make for an easy trip. The more worrisome bit is when the cobblestones start getting outnumbered by small footprints, some of which seem to include claw marks.

OOC: Feel free to fit in any last minute conversation. I just wanted to start setting the next scene.

Boolprop
2016-02-01, 06:30 PM

When the Warforged introduce himself, Iskandar nods Iskandar nods towards Nik in acknowledgment. "Looks like our goals align. I too am also heading towards Winterhaven, to deliver a package to an allied temple of Amaunator," Iskandar says. "While I did originally seek you out to confirm the details of last night's attack, it doesn't sit well with me to allow such nefarious cult to continue threaten your life. So please allow me to assist you in your quest, Miss Adrie." The Paladins asks Adrie politely, since it's still the Joydancer's decision to make.

LtPowers
2016-02-01, 08:02 PM
Adrie is glad to have the additional help.

"Does anyone recognize these prints?" Adrie asks when she comes to notice the markings along the path.

Adrie Everbright

fireinthedust
2016-02-01, 08:48 PM
IC: Silverblade takes in the prints on the ground, thinking of the sorts of creatures he could have seen in his centuries of life that could fit those patterns. He ponders out loud as he looks at them.

There are many of them, perhaps a pack, as they surround the cobblestones, that much is obvious. And they have claws... Claws would seem to be predatory, methinks, or at least scavengers: to dig in the earth or in flesh, and have not hooves like a herd beast. But I wonder: do they have the heels of bipedal creatures, or tail marks between the feet like some beast upon hind legs would have? Look closer, Silverblade. Or are we looking 'pon the tread of mundane beasts, like wolves or jackals...?

OOC: Unsure what knowledge check would apply to these claw-prints, but here's the d20 roll. I'm guessing either nature or maybe dungeoneering? [roll0]

He's trying to use logic. He's highly intelligent, extremely well read, but he's not a dedicated huntsman.

fireinthedust
2016-02-01, 08:50 PM
OOC: Pfft, ummm... Okay, so he's got no clue. (pounds head against wall)

Boolprop
2016-02-01, 10:05 PM

From on top of his steed, Iskandar observes his surroundings while Varlock inspects the trail of footprints at Adrie's query. Once the Eladrin spoke of predatory beasts, Iskandar gets off of the mare to take a look at the marks. But not before he gives the surrounding one last look. "These marks, there are quite a few of them. Small as they may be, we best know what they are, and where they were headed."

Iskandar walks up and kneels down to get a better look at the footprints. "These footprints, I believe I've seen them before..." Iskandar ponders for a moment, thinking back to various creatures he had read/heard about and/or met during his journey.

I believe it's a nature check, but I could be wrong.
Perception check: [roll0]
Knowledge check: [roll1], +0 for Nature/Dungeoneering, -1 for Arcana, +4 for Religion

Shimeran
2016-02-02, 07:41 AM
There are a few lines which could be tail marks. The tracks lie mostly in line with the path, though they spread out a bit further on.

They look like kobold tracks. They are some older ones, but some seem recent enough to have been made in the past day or two. There's also some signs of disturbed foliage on the edge of the trail up ahead.

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-02, 06:40 PM
Nik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386) knows little of tracks and the creatures that make them, but looks for signs of hostile activity such as an ambush.

Perception: [roll0] Nope :smalltongue:

Boolprop
2016-02-02, 07:37 PM

"I believe these are Kobold tracks. See here, these are most likely marks made by their tail." Iskandar points to the few noticeable line marks, which seems to match up with the footprints. "Some of the tracks are older, but look here. These looks at least a day old, if not two." The Paladin concludes, he's no ranger or rogue, but at least he is familiar with Kobold tracks.

"The trail looks like they split from the path further ahead. See the foliage at the end of the trail? I spotted some of signs of disturbance to them." Iskandar points out towards the edge of the trail up ahead. "The Kobolds seems to have passed through there. Though whatever they are still around, I wouldn't know."

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-02, 08:19 PM
Nik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386) starts eyeing the surrounding, especially where undergrowth comes close to the road, and keeps his ax in hand.

Shimeran
2016-02-03, 10:10 PM
Nik doesn't have long to wait as shortly a handful of small scaly creatures leap from behind the rocks to rush the group.

I figure the kobolds know the jig is up at this point, so go ahead and roll for initiative. Here's the roll for the kobolds: [roll0]. Since the party was prepared, I'll let anyone who beats that interrupt the kobold's movement with their own actions.

Boolprop
2016-02-04, 05:07 PM

Alerted by the sudden appearance of the Kobolds, Iskandar quickly removes the shield from his back to be equipped. He then draws his sword from it's sheath. "Stand vigilant!" Iskandar shouts to arouse the others. He then rushes forward to place himself in between the scaly creatures and the others.

Minor: Activates Defender's Aura
Move: Moves forward to intercept the Kobolds while the others prepares themselves. Will have location once map is up.
Standard: Equip his shield?

Don't know if you'll want to enforce action rules on equipping items during first round of combat. Because Iskandar's shield wasn't strapped yet before combat, it normally should take his standard action to equip it.

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-04, 10:02 PM

Initiative: 1d20+3:smallfurious:

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-04, 10:04 PM

Nik moves up near Iskander, ready to keep the foe from the party.

[roll0]
Move one square away from Iskander to allow for flanking.
Free: Grip ax and look menacing.

LtPowers
2016-02-05, 09:25 AM

Adrie readies her quarterstaff, but is too slow to take action before the Kobolds do.

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-02-06, 11:55 AM
Three of the kobolds loose javelins on the warriors who've stepped up to oppose them. Two more step in with spears. Their intentions ensnares by the divine forces swirling around Iskander, they direct said spears toward what vulnerable points they can reach.

javelin at Iskander: [roll0], 4 damage
javelins at Nik: [roll1] and [roll2], 4 damage each
spears at Iskander: [roll3] and [roll4], 4 damage each

As for Iskander's shield, a standard action does seem like a steep cost when the party was already expecting trouble. Tell you what I'll give you a choice of:

Your shield isn't fully ready until the end of the your turn Don't gain the shield bonus against this first volley.
Your attention on you shield leaves your weapon out of place. You can use your shield as an improvised weapon for 1d4 damage. Let's call that a +2 proficiency bonus for now.

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-06, 06:24 PM
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff475/UnknownCorrespondent/eb20061113_warforged.jpg

Nik assesses the situation, and deciding that these foes are not a great threat, takes a careful chop at the one next to him. Sweeping it away as if he were wielding a broom instead of an axe, he strides up to the closest javelin-thrower.

Minor: Assume Poised Assault stance (+1 power bonus to attacks).
Standard: MBA on adjacent kobold: Attack [roll0]; damage [roll1], if d12=1, reroll [roll2]
Move: If kobold drops, then move right 2 squares to engage javelin-thrower, else shift 1 square right.

Poised Assault Fighter At-Will Utility (HotFL 154)
Effect: You assume the poised assault stance. USE, you gain a +1(p) bonus to the attack rolls of basic attacks using a weapon.

Melee Basic Attack (MBA) Basic At-Will Attack (HotFL 26)
Standard Action (Weapon)
Range: Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC. +8+PA(p)/ (+9+PA charging) vs. AC (½L + Str +2 P + WT + AX(f))
Hit: 1[W] + Str damage. 1d12(AX) + 7 + BW(p) damage (Greataxe + Str + HS). Crit. 19 + d12 HC + BW(p).

LtPowers
2016-02-07, 11:06 AM
Adrie moves closer and casts a spell at one of the Kobolds. Just as she does so, Adrie's cat, Vikka, who has followed along quietly this whole way, suddenly dashes into the fray. She bites down on the tail of one of the Kobolds, just enough to distract it from Adrie's spell.

Move action: Move to square C12.
Minor action: Distracting Attack on the Kobold at square F10.

Adrie gains combat advantage against the Kobold until the end of her turn.
Standard action: Astral Seal on the Kobold at square F10: WIS +2 (+2 CA) vs Reflex

[roll0]

If hit: Kobold takes -2 to all defenses until end of Adrie's next turn. The next ally to hit the Kobold before then regains 4 HP.

The Kobold lights up with an astral glow, hopefully making it easier to hit -- and providing some healing to whomever does so. Her job done, Vikka hightails it out of the melee.

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-02-08, 06:23 AM
Nik's blow cuts effortlessly through one kobold while Adrie's seal lights up another one.

Boolprop
2016-02-08, 11:32 AM

A javelin comes flying at Iskandar, striking him with a glancing blow as he reaches for his sword. Realizing the other Kobolds have already closed the distance with spears at the ready, Iskandar forgo drawing out his blade for the moment. Instead, Iskandar readies his shield-arm and blocks the upcoming attacks. He angles his shield with each attack, causing each thrust to be deflected.

After the failed attacks from the two Kobolds in front of him, Iskandar retaliates with his shield, slamming into Kobold in front of him.

Standard: Attacks the Kobold at F10 with Valiant Strike.
Melee Weapon; Strength +1 per enemy adjacent to you vs. AC: [roll0]
If hit: Kobold takes [roll1] damage.
Move: If Iskandar can take a move action (I doubt he could, because he should have already used it to move forward), he would move to G10; E11>F11>G10. That is if the Kobold at F10 has been downed. If Kobold at F10 is still up, Iskandar will Shift to E10.

Shimeran
2016-02-10, 09:02 PM
Though surprised by the sudden strike, the kobold leans back just far enough to avoid serious injury. Mere moments after that, two more kobolds step out from the rocks. The first is rust colored and carries a number of small earthen spheres, one on which he precedes to drop into a sling and lob it at Nik. If effects are soon revealed as flames start flowing over Nik's frame from the shattered shot. The second is a deeper red, bearing a sword and a shield that seems to be made of a single large scale. That one steps between Nik and the slinger, his blade flashing. Fortunately, despite the distraction of the flames, Nik manages to fend off the blade.

The last 2 kobolds who were hanging back are engaging, so go ahead and start the new round after this.

Sling at Nik: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1] damage and 2 ongoing fire damage on a hit
Sword at Nik: [roll2] vs AC for [roll3] damage and Nik is marked by the sword slinger on a hit

Edit: Ouch. Crit on the sling for 9 damage. At least the sword misses.

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-10, 11:28 PM

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13P8CALFLEM1tzQtaOwwWspLXjtunFMlxAGET6TOkP20/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0)

Ah, a more worthy foe. Nik aims a powerful blow at the kobold with the shield, hitting it solidly. The flames from the slinger's missile die down.

Beginning of Turn: Take 2 ongoing fire damage.
Standard: MBA on kobold sh, Power Strike if it hits. Attack: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1] = 19 (+7, not +9), reroll one 1: [roll2]
End of Turn: Save vs ongoing fire damage: [roll3] Success

Warforged Resilience: You have a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage. Also, when you make a death saving throw (DST), you can take the better result of your die roll or 10.

HP: 19/30
[X] PA [ ]SW [ ] AP [ ] WR [ ] GC
Not currently on fire.

Boolprop
2016-02-11, 11:18 AM

Not used to having to rely on his shield as an improvised weapon, Iskandar quickly draws his sword when the Kobold leans back to avoid his shield slam. He notices two more Kobolds have enter the battle, but the Warforged seems to have them occupied for the time being. Hold his trusty sword in hand, Iskandar thrusts forward at the Kobold before him, aiming for it's vitals.

Having fell the Kobold, Iskandar moves forward to occupy as many of the Kobold's attention. He willingly places himself in harms way in order to better protect the others.

Minor: Draws his sword.
Standard: Attacks the Kobold at F10 with Valiant Strike.
Melee Weapon; Strength +1 per enemy adjacent to you vs. AC: [roll0]
If hit: Kobold takes [roll1] damage.
Iskandar regains 4 HP due to Adrie's Astral Seal on the Kobold.
Move: Moves to G10; from E11>F11>G10. He'll provoke an Opportunity Attack from the Kobold (sh) with the sword and shield.

He is now flaking the Kobold (sh) with Nik, but is flanked by the same Kobold and it's javelin thrower (G9), and between Kobolds (F9) and (H11).
Kobolds (F9), (G9), (H11), (sh) are all in his Defender Aura.

LtPowers
2016-02-11, 09:45 PM
Adrie sees additional foes join the fray, and they're better equipped. She has a spell to help -- it will weaken an enemy's defenses while bolstering her allies. She notes that Nik has been hit a few times and casts another spell, this one of healing.

Move action: Move to square E14.
Free action: Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune (+1 bonus to next attack roll or saving throw)
Standard action: Exacting Utterance on the Shield Kobold at square G11: WIS (+1 Divine Fortune) vs Will

[roll0]

If hit: "Until the end of your next turn, the target gains vulnerability to all damage equal to your Wisdom modifier, and any ally who attacks the target gains temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier." Adrie's WIS modifier is +4.
Minor action: Healing Word on Nik Chopper

Nik can use a healing surge; if he does so he regains an additional [roll1] HP.

As she casts her healing spell, she realizes she has no idea if it will work on a construct.

Adrie Everbright

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-11, 10:42 PM

”My thanks, Adrie Everbright.”

HP: 27/30 Surges: 10/11
[X] PA [ ] SW [ ] WR [ ] GC [ ] AP
Not currently on fire.

Shimeran
2016-02-14, 11:00 AM
The original kobolds try to halt Iskandar's advance with little success, the javelin throwers switching to spears as they do so.
The sword kobold bring its shield around to meet Nik's ax, but didn't account for the sheer force of the blow. Though they survive, the blow has obviously staggered them, leaving them barely able to raise their shield arm. Meanwhile, discouraged by the flame's failure, the slinger fires a jar at Iskandar before stepping behind it's allies. Unlike the last shot, this one releases a thick, sticky substance, making it difficult for Iskandar to move.

Edit: Though Adrie's words might readily have shaken it's compatriots, the shield bearer seems to be made of sterner stuff. If flinches, but manages to endure the divine ire directed at it.

Spears at Iskandar: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2] for 4 damage each.
Sword at Iskandar: [roll3] for [roll4] damage and marked on a hit
Glue pot at Iskandar: [roll5] for [roll6] damage and immobilized (save ends)

Shimeran
2016-02-14, 11:06 AM
In his rush to advance, Iskandar did leave an opening that let one of the spear kobolds slip past his defenses.

Here's the forgotten opportunity attack from Iskandar's movement. [roll0] vs AC for 4 damage.

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-14, 09:18 PM
Nik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386) strikes at the shield kobold again.

Standard: MBA on sh - Attack: [roll0]; damage: [roll1], reroll one 1: [roll2]

Boolprop
2016-02-16, 04:45 PM

Keeping his shield steady, Iskandar parries the attacks aimed at him. Unfortunately one manage to slink pass through his defenses, while a pot of gooey substance hits him dead on. Shaking himself, Iskandar glares at the Kobolds.

Knowing the Warforged can handle the more sturdier Kobold at his back, Iskandar turns to face the Kobold by Nik's side. Giving it his full attention, Iskandar readies his blade. "Know that your numbers means nothing to me," he says in a low harsh voice towards the Kobold. Despite being outnumbered, Iskandar steadies him, using the Kobold's advantage in number to bolster his own valor. The Cavalier strikes down at the Kobold, keeping his aim true and steady.

HP: 14/27

Standard: Attacks the Kobold at H11 with Valiant Strike.
Melee Weapon; Strength +1 per enemy adjacent to you vs. AC: [roll0], +1 more if the Shield Kobold is still up.
If hit: Kobold (H11)takes [roll1] damage.
Move: None, is immobilized.
Minor: None

LtPowers
2016-02-17, 05:11 PM
Adrie sees the other warrior take hits and decides to assist him next. "I have your back," she calls, hoping the words of encouragement allow him to press onward. As demonstration, she calls a divine radiance down upon the Kobold with the sling.

Standard action: Sacred Flame on the Sling Kobold at square E8: WIS vs Reflex

[roll0]

If hit: [roll1] radiant damage.

If hit: Iksander can choose to make a saving throw, or to gain 2 temporary HP.
Minor action: Healing Word on Iksander De'Leon

Iksander can use a healing surge; if he does so he regains an additional [roll2] HP.

IF Sacred Flame misses, or Iksander fails the save, then Adrie will use Knack for Success to grant Iksander another saving throw.

Otherwise, Adrie will use her move action to move to square H14.

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-02-17, 07:11 PM

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13P8CALFLEM1tzQtaOwwWspLXjtunFMlxAGET6TOkP20/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0)

"Many thanks Joydancer." Iskandar thanks the priestess. With some of his vitality restored by Adrie's aid, the Cavalier faces his foes with renew vigor.

HP: 23/27
THP: 2
Surges: 10/11

Iskandar regains 8+1 HP, and gains 2 Temporary HP from Sacred Flame, if it hits.
Mistake, forgot to make saving throw from immobilized earlier. So here it is: [roll0]
If you don't want to save at the end of Iskandar's turn because I forgot, then he'll choose to make the saving throw from Adrie's Sacred Flame, if it hits.

Shimeran
2016-02-18, 12:24 AM
The shielded kobold falls to the combined fury of Iskandar's radiance and Nik's axe, while it's companion falls to Iskandar's blade. The remaining kobolds facing Iskandar seem worried indeed, but dare not move away after having seem what happened to the last of their kind that did.

Meanwhile, the slinger, having felt Adrie's sting as well as seem how she bolsters her friend, turns it's last pot on her before edge back toward the cover of the rocks from whence it came.

Extra damage from last turn's opp attack:[roll0] (+3 mod replacing flat 4 damage)
spears at Iskandar: [roll1] and [roll2] vs AC for 4 damage each.
slung pot at Adrie: [roll3] for [roll4] damage and ongoing fire 2, save ends.

fireinthedust
2016-02-18, 11:03 AM
Silverblade had lost his focus when he'd misread the tracks, and was taken by surprise when the kobolds attacked. He swung down from his horse and drew his blade, pointing it at one of the kobolds near the living-armor-warrior Nik, and proceeded to move into battle on foot.

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-18, 05:57 PM
Nik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=619386) steps up beside Iskander and aims a blow at one of the kobolds still besetting him.

Move: To H10.
Standard: MBA on kobold at G9. Attack: [roll0]; damage [roll1], reroll/high crit [roll2]

HP: 27/30 Surges: 10/11
[X] PA [ ] SW [ ] WR [ ] GC [ ] AP
Not currently on fire.

LtPowers
2016-02-19, 09:57 PM
Adrie, clearly not the most robust of adventurers, has to take a moment to put out the fire licking at her vestments and regain her composure after the attack.

Start of turn: Take 2 fire damage.
Standard action: Second wind: Adrie regains 6 HP, now at 21/26. Adrie gets +2 to all defenses until her next turn.
Minor action: Knack for Success on self: Adrie makes a saving throw: [roll0]
Move action: Move to square G12.
End of turn: Saving throw: [roll1]

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-02-21, 09:25 PM

With the priestess's divine aid, Iskandar retains the attentions of the other Kobolds. "Nik Chopper, I'll keep these Kobolds occupied. If you can, please handle the one with the sling." He gestures to the Kobold out in the field, trying to hide behind the rock. Standing steady, he channels the divine might of his blade and plunges it into the Kobold in front of him.

HP: 17/27
THP: 0

Recalculated his HP, due to Adrie's Healer's Lore feature, and forgetting the initial 4 damage from a Javelin.
Decided not to go with Holy Smite, since fireinthedust is back! In time for Silverblade to take care of the other Kobold (F9) besides Iskandar.

Standard: Attacks the Kobold at G9 with Valiant Strike; Keywords: Divine, Weapon.
Melee Weapon; Strength +1 per enemy adjacent to you vs. AC: [roll0].
If hit: Kobold (G9) takes [roll1] weapon damage.
Move: Shifts into G9

GnollOfErathis
2016-02-22, 10:45 PM

”Acknowledged, Iskander De'Leon.”

Ignoring the kobold behind him, Nik moves to his left, skirting the one still engaged with Iskander. Then he adjusts his grip on his ax to allow for a more forceful swing before charging the slinger hiding behind the rock.

Move: to E7
Minor: Assume Battle Wrath stance
Standard: Charge to F5, MBA on slinger. Attack: [roll0] (+1 from charge); damage: [roll1] (+2 from Battle Wrath), reroll/high crit [roll2]

Battle Wrath Fighter At-Will Utility (HotFL 153)
Effect: You assume the battle wrath stance. Until the stance ends (USE), you gain a +2(p) bonus to the damage rolls of basic attacks using a weapon.

Shimeran
2016-02-23, 08:12 PM
Seeing the tide turning against it, the slinger falls back to further rock. Seeing as Adrie has taken cover behind her allies, it lobs a simple sling stone at Iskandar before darting behind those stone. However, they provided little protection as Nik barrels around the corner, it's reflexes are quick enough to avoid losing it head, but it still suffers a nasty gash across it's brow.

Meanwhile, the last remaining spear kobold makes a desperate attempt to fend off Iskandar's blade with some jabs of it's own.

spear at Iskandar: [roll0] vs AC for 4 damage.
slung stone at Iskandar: [roll1] for [roll2] damage.

LtPowers
2016-02-24, 01:43 PM
Adrie, having failed to extinguish the flames, feels a bit lost. She tries to settle the situation down.

"Perhaps we should see if these remaining Kobolds have had enough," she offers. "It's clear they cannot defeat us; will they really fight to the death?"

Start of turn: Take 2 fire damage.
Move action: Move to square I7.
Standard action: Total defense
End of turn: Saving throw: [roll0]

Adrie Everbright

fireinthedust
2016-02-28, 02:58 PM
Adrie, having failed to extinguish the flames, feels a bit lost. She tries to settle the situation down.

"Perhaps we should see if these remaining Kobolds have had enough," she offers. "It's clear they cannot defeat us; will they really fight to the death?"

Silverblade salutes with his blade. Right away, m'lady. For Ilyanbruen! he cries, and vanishes in a blur of purple light...

...and reappears amid the kobolds slinging things at the priestess and the others.

He puts his blade at the throat of the nearest kobold, and gives them a glare full of the wild fury of the ancient Eladrins.

Surrender! This is your only chance to live!

Start of turn: flash blade menacingly
Move action: FEY STEP to square (??)
Standard action: Intimidate kobolds [roll0]
End of turn: stare dangerously at the kobolds, I guess?

Shimeran
2016-03-02, 11:32 PM
The slinger gives to blade a long look before rolling backwards and making a break for the tree line. The remaining kobold gives a yip and stares after his fleeing companion, his grip on the spear loosening as his eyes flit back to the party.

The slinger will use a minor action to shift (from their racial power), them try to double move away. The spearbold is basically delaying as it's odds are obviously dismal.

Boolprop
2016-03-03, 05:57 PM

Iskandar parries the spear aimed at him. But despite his valiant efforts at keeping the Kobolds at bay, Iskandar takes a solid hit from stone the Kobold Slinger have slung at him. Holding his ground, the Cavalier grunts as he begins to feel some of the effects of battle. Despite that, he continue to hold his ground, trying to prevent the Kobold from reaching Adrie.

At the priestess's opinion, Iskandar nods in agreement, acknowledging what the Joydancer have said. But before the battle has ended, he'll keep his guard up. Staring at Kobold in front of him, Iskandar sees him panic. He quickly glances around to see the Kobold with the sling trying to run for the trees. Turing back, he brings his blade forward, keeping his arm steady. "Looks like your friend have abandon you. And if you can understand Common, I suggest for you to surrender. You'll be able to live for a moment longer." He gestures to the spear with his eyes and sword. "If that's not enough to convince you to surrender. Then how about this. I'll guarantee your safety from us, if you surrender now and lay down your weapons" Iskandar says in a firm but softer tone, trying to convince the Kobold to lay down his weapon. "If you wish to continue this fight, then you'll just end up like the others..."

HP: 11/27

Move: None
Standard: Convince the Kobold to surrender.
It's normally Intimidate: [roll0] to force a surrender.
Since Iskandar would try to be diplomatic about it, would it be Diplomacy? If so, then here is the roll. Diplomacy: [roll1] or [roll2]

Courtier Starting Feature: Whenever you make a Diplomacy check, you can roll twice and take the higher result.

Shimeran
2016-03-03, 10:51 PM
The kobold clutches it's spear defensively for a moment, but when not attack seems immediately forthcoming it slowly sets it's spear down, remaining in a low crouch as it keeps it's eye's on the blade.

Diplomacy will work fine. It's not like it needs to shocked into not fighting anymore. If anything, the bigger challenge is likely getting it to cooperate, so diplomacy is fairly fitting.

Boolprop
2016-03-05, 05:14 PM

Acknowledging the Kobold's surrender, Iskandar lowers his weapon. "A wise decision. Now step away from the spear." He says, motioning for the Kobold to step away from his weapon. To show the reptile that he will keep his end of the bargain, Iskandar first focuses to release the divine forces that surrounds himself. He then brings his sword to his side, the blade facing away from the Kobold. Swinging it downwards to rid of any blood, Iskandar then takes out a cloth and wipes the blade to remove any remaining blood.

Sheathing the blade, Iskandar looks at the Kobold, and then his surroundings. "You seem intelligent enough to listen to reason. So I do hope you're willing to cooperate with us for a moment longer." Lowering his shield arm, Iskandar looks to Adrie and the others. He thinks back to their earlier conversation, prior to finding the Kobold tracks. Doubting that these Kobolds are in league with the Sharrian cult, he looks back towards the reptile. "I don't know why you attacked us. But I would like to why." He questions the wary Kobold. "While I intend to keep my promise to you, I don't know how well you'll fare by yourself out there." Iskandar looks to the horizon, gesturing with his eyes, then back to the Kobold.

Kneeling down to the creature's eye level, Iskandar decides to offer it a deal, ignoring the wounds he have taken. "Cooperate with us before you leave, and I'll convince my friends let you take your spear with you before you leave. And perhaps they would be willingly to let you have the shield as well." The Cavalier points to the fallen Kobold with the shield. "That way, you may have a better chance to survive by yourself out there in the wilds. Of course you are welcome to just leave empty handed. The choice is yours."

HP: 11/27

Move: None
Minor: Deactivate Defender's Aura
Standard: Convince the Kobold to cooperate. Diplomacy: [roll0] or [roll1]

Courtier Starting Feature: Whenever you make a Diplomacy check, you can roll twice and take the higher result.

fireinthedust
2016-03-06, 09:56 PM
Though the knight clearly has the situation well in hand, Lord Silverblade stands with him to emphasize his points. The eladrin's blade still glows with the purple light from his teleportations, lending him the magical air of an eldritch warrior.

Shimeran
2016-03-07, 10:52 PM
The kobold tilts it's head as you speak, it's brow furrowed slightly, though said brow releases somewhat at the mention of the shield. After a few moments more it pieces out, "Hairy ones have bright bits.. weapons.. tasty things. Pack told this good spot.. find soft ones with nice things.. so we go this place.. find nice things to take."

Boolprop
2016-03-11, 06:22 PM

Iskandar waits patiently for the Kobold to speak up. Piecing together the reptile had said, Iskandar looks over to the eldritch warrior by his side. "I assume he meant our coins when he said bright bits. As for the others, well we can easily discern what they are." He looks over to the priestess, "It seems to me they are living like bandits. I doubt these Kobolds are in league with the Sharrian cult. "

Iskandar looks over the Silverblade, then to Adrie. "Should we let this Kobold on his way, or do anyone has any else to ask the Kobold."

fireinthedust
2016-03-12, 12:09 PM
Who told the pack this was a good spot? Unless the kobold offers up a better answer, Silverblade lets him go.

Shimeran
2016-03-14, 08:58 PM
The kobold make a coughing sound in response that sound like "Esh-Hagha". On seeing no recognition, spits out "strong no scale, has.." after searching for words for a bit, it points to a fang, then the end of it's spear.

fireinthedust
2016-03-15, 08:42 PM
Lord Silverblade frowns. Is Esh-Haga the no-scale who sent you here? Show us where he is and I will give you a shiny coin. That is what you want, yes?

Shimeran
2016-03-16, 06:33 PM
The kobold shakes it's head. "No. Esh-Hagha at home. Not bring warriors to home. Lead death to tribe, then I die."

LtPowers
2016-03-17, 08:44 AM
"With due respect, Lord Silverblade," Adrie pipes up. "We have more urgent business than clearing out a nest of Kobold raiders. They are a danger, but hopefully they'll think twice before ambushing travelers on this road in the future."

The half-Elf appears weakened by the battle.

Saving throws: [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]

Adrie Everbright

fireinthedust
2016-03-17, 04:15 PM
ooc: on fire?! I missed that: Silverblade would have helped.

IC:

Lord Silverblade smiles. No fear, Kobold. We are strong: Esh-Hagha not live to hurt tribe. We save tribe, give shiny, stop Esh-Hagha. You tell us where to find Esh-hagha, you will not be hurt.

To the cleric: Don't you see? Esh-hagha is no Kobold, but the coward who sent bandits after you in that tavern. They sent these kobolds after you, too, knowing we'd be here eventually.

ooc: If I'm totally off on my guess, please let me know? But the kobold did say they were sent, and they're afraid of revenge from this scary person. Also Esh-hagha is sort of like Shar, I guess, so maybe?

Boolprop
2016-03-17, 05:47 PM

Trying to figured out what the Kobold meant when he pointed to his own fang and then to the end of his spear, Iskandar remain silent for a moment while Silverblade questions the Kobold. Having a rough idea, Iskandar spokes up. "Does this Esh-Hagha have fangs similar to yours? Or is it horns? How big is Esh-Hagha? Do it has a tail? What color is Esh-Hagha's skin? Can Esh-Hagha cast magic? Do Esh-Hagha wear anything?" He tries to emulate each part when asking the questions, going into some details about it. Such as bringing both hands above his head to imitate horns.

When Adrie Everbright spoke up, Iskandar turns to face her. "You are right Lady Adrie. Clearing out a Kobold's nest isn't our mission. But from what he is saying, I'm guessing the Kobolds will try raiding travelers again and again if this Esh-Hagha leads them." He says, the corners of his mouth curves downwards, forming a slight frown. It's not because it's to left the Kobolds to their fate, but more about leaving them for other travelers. Because of his own mission, the Joydancer's mission, and the party's limited numbers Iskandar doubt they can help much.

When Silverblade mentioned possible ties to the Sharrian cult, the Cavalier's brow furrows. "If Esh-Hagha has ties to the cult, then it's a good idea to investigate."

Iskandar would have helped as well, but since we only have 1 standard action, it was used for the Diplomacy check.

Haha, I don't know if Esh-hagha is sort of like Shar, never played this mod before. Am refraining myself from reading or investigating it.

I don't know about you, but when the Kobold pointed to his own fang and then to the spear, I was thinking "maybe a Tiefling?" But rereading the information given, there's too little to go on that.

fireinthedust
2016-03-17, 07:57 PM
Haha, I don't know if Esh-hagha is [COLOR=#333333]sort of like Shar, never played this mod before. Am refraining myself from reading or investigating it.

OMG I have it wrapped and on a shelf not far from my desk, and it's killing me not reading further. I recall seeing a battlemap a while back, but none of the details. I'm not even sure this wasn't just a "let's fight kobolds" encounter. I've heard it's not the best module, sure, but I'm having fun, and I trust GMs to sell it all.

Shimeran
2016-03-19, 08:59 PM
The kobold works out a few answers. "Fang same shape, but harder. No horns. Bigger than me, smaller than you. No tail. Muddy skin. Not see magic. Wears shiny bits and fanged one skin."

Esh-Hagha is actually something I improved on the spot for the character's official name, so any resemblance to say an obscure diety is coincidental.

As for the module, I'll alright. It doesn't play to the system strengths, but it's not glaringly bad either. It was actually my intro to 4e. I'm actually like to try Scales of War some day, but hunting down someone willing to run something that long is difficult.

LtPowers
2016-03-20, 09:11 PM
Adrie ponders the situation as she sits on a rock to tend to her burns. "I'm afraid I just don't see a connection here to the cult, my friends. It's interesting information, and perhaps we can pass it along to someone in Winterhaven, but for now I'd prefer to continue on. It's been a while since I was sent off to find help, and I think we need to re-assess the situation there before we decide which leads to pursue."

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-03-22, 04:09 PM

With the Kobold's description, Iskandar ponders at who Esh-Hagha is. Racking his brain, Iskandar couldn't figure out who Esh-Hagha is.

"Lady Adrie is right, there isn't much for us to go on. If Esh-Hagha has ties to the cult, we'll eventually find out. But as of now, time is of the essence." Iskandar reply, nodding in agreement with the Joydancer's statement.

Turning to face the Kobold, Iskandar looks at him once more. "I'm sorry for slaying your kin, but we were protecting ourselves. I believe you would have done the same if you were in a similar situation." He apologizes to the Kobold, looking at him in the eyes. "If we weren't in a hurry, we may have try to help your tribe, err.." Scratching his chin, Iskandar realizes he never asked for the Kobold's name, nor given his own. Not that he need to, since the Kobolds were thought to be monsters that attacked them. Well, he never converse with a Kobold this long, or with one that was willingly. "I'm sorry, we never gotten your name. Do you even have one Mr. Kobold?"

Walking over to the shield that seems to be made of a single large scale, and picking it up. "A promise is a promise, we'll let you go free with your life, you may take your spear with you." He announced to the Kobold. "Now friends, do you think we should give him this shield? He did cooperate with us, and I don't see this shield will be of any use to us."

Knowledge check: to figure out what the creature is: 1d20 +0 for Nature/Dungeoneering, -1 for Arcana, +4 for Religion. Result was a 1...

Do you need another Diplomacy check? If so, here it is: [roll0] or [roll1]

Shimeran
2016-03-25, 05:57 AM
The kobold watches Iskandar warily as he speak. It's only after the creature has picked up it's spear, taken a step back and good at the group before snapping out "Kawkla is given name". After a moment it asks, "more like you on this road?"

fireinthedust
2016-03-30, 10:02 AM
Lord Silverblade shakes his head negative. No. Banditry is bad for you. Kobolds need better work. Take care. He tosses a gold coin to the kobold off his thumb (ping), then turns and walks back to his horse, mounts and rides off with the others.

LtPowers
2016-03-30, 07:20 PM
"Well handled," Adrie says to Lord Silverblade. "I would suggest we take a few minutes to regroup and take stock before heading off."

Short rest? Adrie needs to spend some surges.

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-03-30, 07:51 PM

Since there was no objection, Iskander takes a step forward and places the shield on the ground in front of the Kobold. "I'm Iskandar, and this is yours now, Kawkla." He assures Kawkla, and returns to the group. "My friend is right, banditry isn't good. And not many others are kind enough to let you live. Most would just slay you without a second thought."

Seeing the dead bodies lying around, Iskandar shook his head. "I would like to bury bodies, or at least burn them. So their corpse won't attract the more dangerous animals here. But we don't have the time," the Cavalier said. He wouldn't have thought of it if it was somewhere else in a less traveled road. But it seems here ins't the case, though it seems they may not be able to do so since they don't have the number nor time to do so. "Though they may have been evil and mislead, I pray that they would lead a more noble life in their rebirth." Iskandar offers a short prayer.

Walking up next to his mount, Iskandar nods in agreement. "I agree with Lady Adrie. Let us take a moment to dress our wounds and reorganize ourselves."

Same, here. Iskandar would need to spend some healing surges as well.
Too bad I'm not playing a rogue or an adventurer adventurer. Said character would take the time to loot the dead Kobolds and see what spoils would have been found...

Shimeran
2016-03-31, 09:04 PM
The party is able to rest without difficulty and can set off shortly thereafter. The rest of the trip is uneventful, though the still studded with enough turns, brush, and rock formations to put the group on edge if they let it. Camping through the night is similarly quiet.

Midway through the next morning, the treeline breaks and a walled village can be seen in the distance. It's backed by a hill which is turn backed by even more imposing peaks. As you draw closer, signs of a defensive palisade and heavy weathering on the stonework become evident. As with many such communities, the road outside the village is dotted with various farms and pastures with the occasional thatched building thrown into the mix.

Should the party wish to strike up a discussion with anyone along the way, they may. They're coming in before midday and any gate inspections are likely to be prefunctory at best given their lack of cargo. As such, if they're anyone they want to speak with inside the gates, they can do so.

Should the party choose to do so, they may take any of the kobolds weapons. There's also a total of 34 silver between the brigands.

As mentioned, Adrie is from the area, so I can provide generally known information about the area to and through here as desired. If they're anything you want to do on the way, just post it in the follow up.

LtPowers
2016-04-03, 08:52 PM
As the party rests, Adrie does arrange the Kobold bodies more neatly rather than just leaving them where they fell. In the process she takes any silver she finds; no sense attracting even more bandits to the area. She has little use for the crude weapons, though.

The next day, once through the gates, Adrie affirms that she'll be going straight to the Chauntean temple. "I understand if you have other business you want to attend to first," she explains to her companions, "but if you do, please be careful not to tip our hand in any way. Until we know what the situation is, peril could be around any corner."

At the moment I'll consider the 34 silver party loot, barring objections.

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-04-05, 12:06 PM

Taking a short break, Iskandar first helps Adrie with the dead Kobolds. He glances over the crude weapons the Kobolds were using. Fine with what he already has, Iskandar passes on the these weapons. Afterwards, Iskandar address to his wounds, and reorganize his gear.

Bowing slightly from on top of his mount, Iskandar looks to the priestess. "My business shouldn't take long, so I'll meet you there, Joydancer. Unless you wish to reconvene elsewhere." Looking around and observing the signs, Iskandar speaks up before he leaves to complete his errand. "Miss Adrie, you wouldn't happen to know where..."

I don't remember if it was specifically mentioned, but the allied temple of Amaunator which Iskandar is to visit, it wouldn't happen to be a temple of Amaunator or a temple for another deity? Iskandar would mention whichever temple it is, unless he was told not to mention it from the priests back Highmoon.

I don't mind if Adrie wants to hold onto the 34 silver party loot.

fireinthedust
2016-04-06, 09:07 PM
Lord Silverblade follows along, looking for threats as the party rides together.

I'll ride with you, lady cleric, so long as this threat is over your head. I think we three are together for a reason, fate knows what that could be. The Sharite cult must be put down, and we are the ones to do it.

We should find lodgings, and keep a low profile. In a town like Winterhaven, the cult may find more ruffians to attack us, or else worse threats they can summon.

Maybe while we're at it, we can find others to join our cause? If Nik and his charge have left us, perhaps fate will bring others to take their places?

ooc: I'm good to stay with the group. The treasure can cover our tavern costs, maybe? Also maybe a recruitment (if we're still good to keep going) could inject some energy into this? Sorry I'm so slack in general, of course.

LtPowers
2016-04-07, 09:51 AM
"Thank you for your thoughtfulness, Lord Silverblade. Let's wait on lodging until we know more about the situation," replies Adrie. "The Chaunteans might put us up, or we may find ourselves following a lead beyond the walls before the day is out."

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-04-07, 09:52 PM
Only "the temple in Winterhaven" and the description of a fellow of faith was mentioned.

There's a single temple in Winterhaven, shared by the various faiths of the village as needed. There is also Wrafton's Inn as a possible place to stay as needed.

It look like the ground is heading toward the temple. I'll see about setting up that encounter this weekend.

LtPowers
2016-04-08, 05:57 PM
"Well, sir knight," Adrie explains to Iksander with a smile, "Winterhaven is a small village, and the major faiths all share the same building. Sister Linora is a priestess of Chauntea, so I've been thinking of it as the Chauntean temple, but in truth your contacts are likely to be there as well."

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-04-08, 08:48 PM

Iskandar listens to the priestess's explanation of Winterhaven's temple. "I suppose we're all heading towards the same building, Miss Adrie." Turning to Lord Silverblade, Iskandar nodded. "Finding others whose willing to help Lady Adrie is a good idea. Yet I agree with the Joydancer's word of caution. We should know more what the situation is like before we make important decisions."

Shimeran
2016-04-10, 08:06 PM
The temple is a towering stone structure, it age apparent in the worn surfaces, though it is otherwise well maintained.

The temple doors lead into a large antechamber lined with benches on both sides. A robed figure near the inner door glances up from her text, giving a slight smile and nod on seeing the new arrivals but saying nothing.

Through those doors, the words off a service can be faintly heard.

On reading the temple notes, the temple priest runs services 3 times a week, but is often out of temple visiting homes when not services. Still, Adrie likely knows the local clergy well enough to find out where to go and could potentially know this one to some degree.

LtPowers
2016-04-11, 07:44 PM
"Good morning," Adrie says brightly (but softly) to the robed figure. "Do you know if Sister Linora is available?"

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-04-11, 09:09 PM
The robed lady responds, "I believe she's out at the Redhill stead at the moment, but she should be back in this afternoon for services. I should be able to catch her before then if you need to speak with her."

Boolprop
2016-04-12, 10:28 AM

"Good morning milady, we're with Lady Adrie-..." Iskandar greets the robbed lady with a nod. He stopped himself from asking a question when considering what Adrie had caution earlier. He instead decided to try to deliver his errand later, thinking it'll be a good idea to ask this Sister Linora that Adrie Everbright trusts in.

Shimeran
2016-04-14, 09:56 PM
Sister Linora will be back in a little over an hour. Anyone who wants to do something during that time can pop out to take care of that. In the interim, the current service will end and the one you'd been speaking with will give talk to some similarly garbed compatriots briefly. Assuming Adrie is back at the predicted time, a somewhat lanky woman in slightly dusty vestments will come into the antechamber, turn to her with a smile and open arms before saying "Welcome back, Adrie. I see you've brought company."

LtPowers
2016-04-16, 03:54 PM
Adrie spends the hour listening to the service, somewhat bemused to see how sedate the ceremony is compared to Lliiran rites.

Upon Sister Linora's greeting, Adrie smiles widely and returns the embrace. "Sister Linora, I'm so glad you're well. I returned as soon as I could. I did bring help, though there's a bit of a story behind it that you should know. I suggest we speak in private, if possible."

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-04-18, 08:07 PM

Iskandar spends the time looking after the mare, feeding her, brushing her coat and hair. He pays some attention to his surroundings, listening to whatever conversations that are around. Once he was done, Iskandar made sure he was a bit more presentable, and reenters the temple. He looks for Adrie Everbright, and waits by her side for the remaining time.

Upon the priestess return and greeting, Iskandar bows slightly, with a hand balled into a fist on his chest. "Greetings Sister Linora, I am Iskandar De'Leon, Cavalier of Amaunator."

Shimeran
2016-04-18, 08:59 PM
The Sister nods in return, "Welcome, Iskandar. It's always pleasure to meet a man of faith. You can certainly find like minded folks here."

Turning, she follows up with "But Adrie is right, it might be best to discusss other matters elsewhere, please follow me."

Assuming the group follows, she will take them to a small garden in the back of the temple before finishing, "I take it Adrie's informed you of the situation. I admit it's a maddening one as don't have enough to sway some of the more stubborn heads around town. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Adrie, you mentioned there was a bit of story to go with these companions."

LtPowers
2016-04-18, 09:19 PM
Adrie smiles. "Yes. I'd been having trouble finding adventurers to assist us, since I was trying to be discreet. I'd made my way to Highmoon, and was just assessing the crowd at the inn when a number of rough-looking men barged in. They made a beeline for me, looked at my holy symbol, and started to attack. Fortunately, several adventurers happened to be in the crowd and together we repulsed the attack. They were paid assassins, by their own admission, and although they have no idea who hired them, they confirmed they tracked me from Winterhaven. It's obvious someone knew of my search for help and wanted to end it in the most final way possible. That's why I was concerned for your safety. As pleased as I am to find you well, I'd very much like to know if there's a reason that you haven't been targeted as I was."

She smiles at her two companions. "Lord Silverblade here was one of my valiant defenders in the inn. Iksander caught up to us shortly after we left Highmoon, having heard of the attack from the town guard. We had a couple of other companions but they've had to move on, so it's just the three of us at the moment. I can vouch for the honor and skills of both men, however."

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-04-19, 08:19 PM
Linora's eyes go wide on the mention of assassins. "Thank our lady you weren't harmed, as well as these fine folk."

After the introductions, she says "It's a pleasure indeed to meet such pillars of valor. It's a blessing indeed that she and I met you."

After a moment more she says, "I had thought I'd kept your mission quiet enough, but either someone caught wind of it or made a guess at it. Either way, it sounds like the cult is in definitely in the town itself, and likely well connected. I find it unlikely they could find out what you where up to were they not closer than I'd like to think."

Kneeling down to inspect some of the new growth, she continues "I'd like you to ask around town, see if you can't find something that may have evaded me. They know me well enough to be tight lipped, but might be less guarded around new arrivals."

Turning back to look at the group, she say "Should Adrie want to join the hunt, I know some folks who can help her hide her identity."

Boolprop
2016-04-20, 09:44 PM

"Thank you Sister Linora. I believe Amaunator may have had a hand to our meeting." He follows after both priestesses into the small garden.

Iskandar frowns slightly with the new information. "That is very bad news. Who know how far the cult's influence had reach." The Cavaliar stands more resolutely, "I shall do my best to help you and Adrie in your cause." Vowing silently in his heart to bring justice to those who deserve it, especially since this cult have tried to have Priestess Adrie assassinated. That and Adrie trusts Sister Linora.

When an opportunity presents itself as the room grew a little quite, Iskandar steps forward and asks Linora. "Sister Linora, Lady Adrie trusts you, and it seems the cult has ties is places we may not know of. I didn't want to risk anything before meeting you." Taking a moment to observe around the area around them, Iskandar then continues. "Before I rode off to meet Lady Adrie and her rescuers, I was given a small task from the Temple of Amaunator in Highmoon. I'm to delivery a package to a fellow of faith in the temple in Winterhaven. Do you perhaps know who it is I'm seeking?"

Shimeran
2016-04-22, 12:05 AM
Linora nods, "You should speak to Uturo. He's the owner of one of the larger farms and heads up most ceremonies to Amaunator." She smiles before continuing, "We actually debate on who's blessing as most key to a rich crop, but he's a practical fellow who pays proper head to both."

Her eyes unfocus for a moment before she says, "Come to think of it, he might have some stocks that could prove useful." Turning to Adrie, she clarified "We might be able to throw the cult off your trail by changing your look. Let me write up a letter to Uturo. He's likely got some stocks you can use to shift your hair and skin tones a bit. A magical guise would be more complete, but you'd have to approach the arcane suppliers for that. Not that that would be a bad idea, but they'd be likely targets for the cult, so having at least some concealment first wouldn't be a bad idea."

After a moment more, she says "In fact, I might know someone you should talk to. I don't think they're part of the cult yet, but they're just the kind the cult might recruit. I can set up a meeting while you're visiting Uturo. If I'm right, maybe they can help lure out a recruiter. If they are already involved, taking them with you might reveal other cult members."

Boolprop
2016-04-24, 11:29 AM

Iskandar nods, "Thank you Sister Linora." He bows slightly, while thanking the priestess. "That is good to hear. It is good to pay proper respect to the gods and goddesses for their blessing." He nods, believing in what he had said.

Upon hearing additional information from Linora, Iskandar nods in agreement. "That sounds useful. I'm sure it'll come in handy when we gather information in town." He says, turning to Adrie. "Maybe if we find someone who can help with a magical guise."

"I hope this person is someone trustworthy." Iskandar responded, not that he already distrust this mysterious person who may just be a member of the cult.

Shimeran
2016-04-26, 05:52 AM
The trip to Uturo's farm goes smoothly. On approaching the main building, one of the ladies there will be able to direct the group to one of the main fields where Uturo is directing several workers. On seeing the package or the letter from Linora, he'll take the group back to the house.

For the package, he'll ask the detail of who they got it from and mention opening in private later as well as asking where Iskandar can be contacted if needed.

He looks troubled on reading the letter, but will none the less speak to some of his household and dig out a small jar. He's willing to offer his own facilities and the aid of one of his daughters should Adrie want help in applying it. Otherwise, he'll just give instructions. The substance is a rather sharp smelling brownish paste which will serve to darken Adrie's skin and hair when applied and allowed to set.

If anyone want more information from Uturo or to roleplay out any of this further, just split it out into spoilers and I'll keep that running simultaneously. While additional things could happen here, it's unlikely to derail the next meeting.

It's getting well into the afternoon by the time the group gets back to the temple. In addition to the attendant they met previously, there's a new figure seated on one of the benches.

I'm assuming Crux starts here. You were approached by someone you'd recognize from the temple. They claim to bear a message from Linora saying that if you'd like to improve your reputation there's some folks you should meet at the temple. I'm assuming you'll show up for one reason or another, but feel free to write up your response. Should you decide not to, I can change who the figure is.

dragonsabin
2016-04-26, 11:57 AM
Crux stands up as the group approaches, and turns toward the group. Hello, my name is Crux and I wish to join you on your quest. I have had a checked past due to the Pact I entered into, believing that power was the answer, but I wish to turn that around and use this power for good. I received word from Lady Linora that you could help me accomplish this and more. Please allow me to join you. Crux bows slightly.

When Crux stands, you see a male teifling wearing dark leather armor. Crux has a sickle hanging from his belt on the right side. Crux has slight horns nothing to grand, and a tail flickering behind him.

Boolprop
2016-04-28, 07:50 PM

Iskandar observes the new figure the moment he catches sight of him as he and Adrie enters the Temple. Iskander observes Crux closely, in order to gauge the Tiefling. Not that he already judged the Tiefling in his mind, but rather trying to understand why the Crux is here, aside from Linora's recommendation.

"Greetings Crux, I am Iskandar De'Leon, Cavalier of Amaunator. And this is Lady Adrie." He greeted the Tiefling introduceing himself and the Joydancer besides him. Iskandar nods his head once Crux finishes his explanation. "I don't know about your past, but trying to change to do good in your life is respectable. Since Sister Linora recommended you, I believe your assistance would be valuable." Iskandar says, giving Crux a warm smile. "I believe helping us would be a step forward towards your own goal." He looks over to Adrie for her thoughts on the matter.

"Good day sir, I am Iskandar De'Leon, Cavalier of Amaunator. I have a delivery for you." Iskandar greeted Uturo once he met the man, and show him the package.

When he was escorted into the house, Iskandar explains further. "During my stay at the Temple of Amaunator in Highmoon, I was tasked to give this to you, while I was loaned a steed to quickly catch up with Lady Adrie." Iskandar hands the package over. Listening to Uturo's explanation and questions, Iskandar nods and answered them to the best of his ability.

"Truthfully, I just arrived in Winterhaven earlier today. So I haven't looked for a place to stay. I'll send word as to where I'm staying once I know where." Iskandar pauses and thinks for moment. "Unless you have a suggestion as to where I can stay while in Winterhaven."

LtPowers
2016-04-29, 02:38 PM
Adrie feels a little overwhelmed. She isn't sure about this disguise business; it doesn't suit her. And she is suspicious of anyone who would supposedly be a possible recruit for the Sharran cult. Still, she has a broad smile on her face when she greets the Tiefling. If she's startled by his demonic appearance, she gives no indication except perhaps the slightest hesitation. She learned long ago not to judge people by appearances.

"We would certainly appreciate your help. Perhaps you can tell us about yourself, and then we can explain the situation," she offers.

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-04-29, 05:11 PM
On getting the package, Utaro responds "That ye kindly. Not sure who'd be sending me that though."

He gives a grunt on hearing the explanation. "I haven't been out that way in ages. I might have to make a point of it though if there sending thing my way. I guess that depends on what they packed."

On hearing about Iskandar being newly arrived, he says "I'd offer you a spot here, but if you're looking around town you might not want to do the hike back each day. If you're just passing through, I hear a lot of folks swing by miss Wrafton's place."

Feel free to make your protest against the disuise and I can incorporate it. Otherwise, we can assume Adrie took the package but isn't using it.

dragonsabin
2016-05-02, 12:27 PM
Adrie feels a little overwhelmed. She isn't sure about this disguise business; it doesn't suit her. And she is suspicious of anyone who would supposedly be a possible recruit for the Sharran cult. Still, she has a broad smile on her face when she greets the Tiefling. If she's startled by his demonic appearance, she gives no indication except perhaps the slightest hesitation. She learned long ago not to judge people by appearances.

"We would certainly appreciate your help. Perhaps you can tell us about yourself, and then we can explain the situation," she offers.

Adrie Everbright

Milady, please tell what I can do to dispel your skepticism of me, and I will do it. Crux bows directly to Lady Adrie.

To tell you about myself is quite a tale, but you have asked and I shall tell you. Crux began. I was orphaned at the age of 7. No one will adopt children that old, so I was forced to live on the streets. I did anything I could to survive. At the age of 14 I was visited by an unknown being promising power more than I could imagine. All I needed to do was a few tasks for the being, which I will not go into, due to the troubling details. I agreed and was surrounded by what felt like pure darkness, and passed out. I awoke, what felt like days later, in a different city with a note thanking me for my services. I was visited by that being again and he explained my power and told me of the outcome of my “secret mission” I had no recollection of. This being never named himself, but vanished in front of me without warning, leaving me to believe he was some kind of god. I have never seen the being again, but am reminded of his quests in my dreams. At this moment he has nothing for me to do, and applauds my attempt at being good. He swore he would not interfere with my wishes, but if he has need of me I must complete the request. I have told him that I will not kill for him, and he has agreed to keep the requests to structured mayhem and chaos. If I receive any quests from the being I will let you know as soon as possible. Crux finished his story with a dejected look, worrying he had only pushed the group farther from letting him join them. Crux fell back into his chair almost defeated, waiting for his fate at the hands of the group.

LtPowers
2016-05-03, 05:37 PM
Adrie immediately feels sympathy at the Tiefling's dejected look. "Mysterious supernatural forces taking advantage of an unprepared youngster... Shameful. I'm an orphan, too, you know... a child of the streets, so I know how desperate you must've been to find acceptance, or respect... or fear. I'm pleased you're eager to put your newfound powers to use for good purpose."

She takes a breath and explains. "Sister Linora believes there is a cult in this community, one devoted to the Dark Lady. They've already made an attempt on my life after she asked me to investigate. She believes you would be a possible target for recruitment into this cult, and I can't say I disagree. If you were to be contacted by an agent of the cult, you might be able to lead us to them. Is that something you'd be willing to do?"

Adrie Everbright

dragonsabin
2016-05-04, 10:12 AM
A warm smile crosses Crux's face and says Thank you. Yes I would be willing to join this cult, hopefully not for too long, and direct you to there hideout.

Boolprop
2016-05-04, 06:54 PM

Iskandar listens tentatively to the Tiefling's tale. A feeling of sympathy washes over him when he heard of both Crux and Adrie's childhood "I'm also pleased you are willingly using your newfound powers for good." He nods towards Crux, though he disapprove this mysterious powerful being taking advantage of Crux.

Iskandar's face grimaced in disapproval when Adrie explained to the Tiefling of her story, for he already has a distaste for this cult aiming for the priestess's life. He don't know if Crux is eager to prove his story is truthful, an idiot, brave or bold to quickly accept in trying to join the cult in order to help find their hideout. But he does approve for the Tiefling's willingly to put himself in danger to help save others. "I'll pray for your safety, as I do not know what the will cultists do or how they initiate their would be members. I do hope we find their hideout swiftly." He nods approvingly at Crux's resolve.

"Honestly, I don't know what is in the package." Iskandar recalls the person who given him the package to be delivered. He describes the person, citing the name, rank and/or position in the temple, if it was ever given.

"Thank you for your offer. But as you said, I'm looking around town for the time being. At the very least, I hope to stay in Winterhaven for a few days. But you never when one needs to head out on the road. I'll make sure to check in on miss Wrafton's place." Iskandar thanked the man.

Shimeran
2016-05-05, 08:46 PM
Utaro look at the package thoughtfully. "The name sounds familiar enough and last I was out that way they seem the sensible sort. I'll take a look before heading back out in case there's a rush, though I suspect they'd tell you if there was. If you want to stay while I check that I can can offer you a sip of something from the kitchen while I look into this, but don't let me keep you. If it's urgent I'm sure I can get a message to you, especially as I suspect I'd see you at one of the services in town anyway."

LtPowers
2016-05-06, 08:47 PM
Adrie nodded. "Well, it's a start, then. It would be best if no one saw you associating with us. In fact, if you feel you're up for a little acting... well, the angrier you look when leaving the temple grounds, the better. Perhaps I could get Sister Linora to help me ... see you off, if you take my meaning."

Adrie Everbright

dragonsabin
2016-05-09, 10:01 AM
I would agree. Someone not associated with the temple should be able to relay messages between us. Now I must apologize in advance what is about to happen, I am sorry. Crux replied with a wink.

Crux stands up throwing his chair back. I have never met a more ignorant group of people in my life. I wish never to see you again, and if I do there is no telling to the trouble I will cause you! Crux snarled. A menacing look of anger takes over Crux’s face, which was only enhanced by the horns most Tieflings have. Crux turns away from the group and walks away, not before kicking his chair toward the table he was sitting at. A growl could be heard as turns a corner and out of sight.

Boolprop
2016-05-10, 07:59 PM

A bit surprised at Adrie's suggestion, Iskandar looks wryly over to the Tiefling. "That sounds like a good idea Lady Adrie." He says, looking over towards Crux to see if the Tiefling also agrees.

The moment Crux beings his act, Iskandar stands and takes one step forward towards the Tiefling. He placing his left hand over the pommel of his sword that rests in it's sheath, which is tired to the left side of the belt on Iskandar's waist. Iskandar's brow furrows as he glares at Crux, who is putting on quite a show. He thought it's good if he also helped out with the Joydancer's suggestion, trying to make Crux's acting more convincing.

Iskandar nods in agreement with Utaro. The people at the temple seemed reasonable during his visit, not because of his own affiliation to Amaunator. Thinking about Utaro's hospitality, Iskandar looks over to Adrie. "If you would like head back to the temple right away, I'll follow. But if you like stay for a while longer, then perhaps we can take up on Utaro's offer for a drink before we leave?"

LtPowers
2016-05-11, 06:58 PM
Adrie puts on a show of staying Iksander's sword. "Let the poor demon go. If he wants to continue his evil ways, then he'll get what's coming to him. He's no danger to us alone."

---

Once returned to privacy, Adrie asks, "I hope this works. Now the waiting. We need to find someplace where he can get a message to us if needed."

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-05-16, 07:40 PM

"I hope so. I wonder how long would it take." Iskandar nods, unsure how long it'll take for the cultists to try to contact Crux. "Maybe we should have discuss about that about before Crux left." Iskandar mentions when Adrie brought up how to get a message from Crux. "Perhaps the place Utaro mentioned is a good place. He said many people passes by the Wrafton's place."

LtPowers
2016-05-18, 07:30 PM
"As good an idea as any. What do you think about this disguise business? I'm not really comfortable hiding my faith, and I think any disguise would be pointless if I'm still wearing my holy symbol."

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-05-19, 07:14 PM
Getting directions to Wrafton's establishment is easy enough as most people in town know of it. It seems large and well built. It's getting toward sunset as you approach and already there's a fair amount of activity. Behind the bar stand a human woman, chatting with patrons and occasionally calling back over here should. Most of the activity is around the middle of the room and near the fireplace, through a few of the quieter patrons have take up seats around the edges of the common room.

Boolprop
2016-05-22, 10:15 AM

Iskandar remained silent for a moment, thinking about Adrie's question. "Well, disguising yourself have several benefits. It'll make it less likely your enemies will target you. You might be able to gather information a bit easier if your enemies don't suspect you so much. It's true a disguise might be pointless if you're still wearing your holy symbol. More so if there aren't other Joydancers in Winterhaven." Iskandar says.

"It is commendable that you wont hide your faith or disguise yourself from your enemies. I'll remain by your side to protect you if such a thing occurs." Iskandar salutes and bows slightly. "I'm ready whenever you are, Priestess Adrie."

dragonsabin
2016-05-25, 12:35 PM
Crux enters the local tavern proud of his performance, then winces at the realization that he does not know how to contact his newly found friends. Crux sullenly settles into a table near the back and orders a drink. He worried that he just ruined the best thing that could have happened for him.

LtPowers
2016-05-25, 07:49 PM
"I appreciate it very much, Iksander. I think I'll just be myself for now. But I know what to do if the heat comes on."

At Wrafton's, Adrie leaves a message with the bar staff, giving Crux's description but leaving no indication why she's interested in him. Hopefully if anyone asks it seems just as likely that she's trying to avoid him than trying to meet up with him.

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-05-27, 07:50 PM

Iskandar nods agreeingly with Adrie's choice, not that he dislike disguising oneself nor in favor of it. But more on the reasons behind such matters.

Traveling with Adrie into the Wrafton's place, Iskandar waits until the Joydancer finishes her message. He then asks if there is any available rooms for the night, preferably two if Adrie wishes for privacy, and close to one another if possible.

Shimeran
2016-06-01, 04:49 AM
Crux gets his drink fairly quickly as he's there before things get too crowded. How deep in though would he be? Would he be taking in his surroundings or more focused on his situation? I've got events in mind either way.

As Adrie finishes her description, the server replies "Sounds like a fella that came in a bit ago, back there" tilting her head toward a corner. (Feel free to write any message you want sent out here and the staff can carry it to them when they make the rounds.)

As for Iskandar's question, she replies "I'd say so. We're not packed up yet. Miss Wrafton can set that up for you easily enough", gesturing toward the bar.

dragonsabin
2016-06-08, 03:41 PM
Crux sits in the corner nursing his drink, still mindful of the patrons entering and exiting the tavern. He does not want to be caught unaware if someone from the cult comes to "talk" to him.

Shimeran
2016-06-09, 05:35 AM
In that case, Crux will notice when Adrie and Iskandar enter the tavern and may act accordingly. If he chooses to bide his time instead let me know and I'll run from there.

dragonsabin
2016-06-09, 08:01 AM
Crux notices Adrie and Iskandar enter the tavern and just leans back into his chair, in an attempt to conceal his face in his hood. Crux does not think anyone that was in the Temple to see the show was in the tavern, and did not think it wise to leave the tavern for the time being.

Sort of wish for the 5e warlock patron gift to speak telepathically to people. But really enjoying the subterfuge of the whole hatred ploy. :smalltongue:

LtPowers
2016-06-11, 01:35 PM
Adrie steals a quick glance and recognizes the Tiefling's clothing. "Figures," she says as she turns back.

After ordering a basic meal, she heads over to the bar to see about lodging.

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-06-12, 05:05 PM
The woman behind the bar is quick to open up with a warm smile, "Glad to see another new face. Got anything in mind, miss?"

Meanwhile, Crux's ruminations are interrupted when an older fellow in rugged wear comes up to his table, "Nice seat, eh. You can really take thing in from here." Grinning he says, "Hope you don't mind sharing that view. Maybe we can split a pitcher while we're at it."

LtPowers
2016-06-12, 08:44 PM
"I'm going to need a couple of rooms," Adrie says with her customary smile. With her back turned she doesn't see Crux's visitor. "Nothing special needed, just a place to lay our heads tonight. And, if it's not too much trouble, a bit of discretion regarding our presence here. We won't want to be disturbed."

Adrie Everbright

Boolprop
2016-06-12, 10:07 PM

"Will do, thank you." Iskandar thanked the server. He briefly looks over at the direction where the server mentions where Crux is.

Iskandar also ordered a basic meal, nothing fancy, and shares the table/counter with Adrie. He follows Adrie to the bar, where the Joydancer asks for the arrangement of their lodging for the evening.

Shimeran
2016-06-14, 05:51 AM
Her smile drops a bit as she replies more softly, "Aye, we do get those request from time to time. I've got some rooms in the back that are fairly out of the way. We can even have food brought to you if you want to stay out of the commons." After a moment of deliberation she leans in and finishes "Any folks in particular you don't want to be disturbed by? We'll keep quiet regardless but if there's a type you're expecting I'd be glad to know it."

dragonsabin
2016-06-15, 12:48 PM
The woman behind the bar is quick to open up with a warm smile, "Glad to see another new face. Got anything in mind, miss?"

Meanwhile, Crux's ruminations are interrupted when an older fellow in rugged wear comes up to his table, "Nice seat, eh. You can really take thing in from here." Grinning he says, "Hope you don't mind sharing that view. Maybe we can split a pitcher while we're at it."

I don't own the place, feel free to sit where you want. I have not had a great day, I would not mind sharing a pitcher... As long as you are buying. Crux is gruff holding on to the attitude that he had when he left the temple. Who might you be, and what can I do for you? This place is big enough for you to find a different spot, so don't lie to me. Crux takes a sideways glance at the new comer sizing him up a bit, while waiting for his reply.

LtPowers
2016-06-15, 07:06 PM
Adrie thinks for a moment. "No," she finally replies. "No one in particular. Or at least, no one we could describe to you. But if anyone were to ask after us, we'd appreciate a heads-up."

Adrie Everbright

Shimeran
2016-06-17, 08:03 PM
The new arrival in dressed in simple working clothes and is wearing a fairly cheery expression. "Oh it is, Miss Wrafton's got a good spot here. I just like talking to new folk, so having someone already here is a plus for me." Setting down, he continues "Name's Eilian, by the by, farmer by trade." He wave to a server as ihe says, "I'll see you on that first pitcher, through I might wager you if we make it to the second." Turning back he finishes, "As to what I want, I mostly just like to swap a good tale. New faces usually come with new stories, and I've been around long enough to here most of the old ones."

Meanwhile, the aforementioned Miss Wrafton nods to Adrie, "Fair enough. I can keep an ear open. You want to pay up front or in the morning? Rooms come to 5 silver a night each, plus whatever food and drink you'd like."

dragonsabin
2016-06-21, 01:59 PM
Nice to meet you Eilian, I am sure your intentions are true, but not just anyone approaches a tiefling in a tavern just to swap stories. I will stay for the free drink, but truly get to your point. Crux’s voice lowers as he leans into the “farmer”, as if saying tiefling too loud would clear the tavern. When the beer comes, Crux pours his own glass from the pitcher and cheers Eilian. Thanks by the way.

Shimeran
2016-06-26, 10:06 PM
Eilian tilts his head back a bit, "I suppose I'm a bit of an odd one in that respect. Always been a bit keen on a good chat really." Looking back at Crux he continues, "Can't say I'd got a particular point in mind, though I would be interested in hearing where your from and if you've seen anything interesting on the way in. Tales off the roads haven't really been that cheering these days."