PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Volodni

M Placeholder
2015-11-16, 04:13 AM
The Volodni

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090430163521/forgottenrealms/images/3/32/Volodni.jpg

The Pinefolk

Towards the climax of the wars that brought Narfell and Raumathar to their knees, a proud Lord of the Nar wanted to save his people from the ravages that were sweeping his lands, and he lead them deep into the forests of the empire. The refuge would come at a price, but it was one that the Nar lord agreed to. In exchange for abandoning their demon summoning, a safe haven would be offered. The price was paid and thus was the birth of the volodni.

Forest Guardians

Tall and lean and with long arms in proportion to their bodies, the volodnis are usually clad in green and brown to match their forest abodes, and beneath deep olive green flesh runs clear sap though tough, woody flesh. Eyes as black as Faerunian opal gleam from faces framed by hair that grows like the bark of a young tree. As a people, the volodnis are generally cold and dispassionate – with the exception of the defence of their forest homes. Unlike other races of the forests across Toril, they take the fight to outsiders and expand into new forests, all the while growing the borders of old ones – no matter who is caught in the way.

Those that despoil the forests out of spite rather than the need to survive will feel the hostility of the volodni, and deep resentment is felt towards goblins and orcs. The pinefolk are not actively malicious – they just care about the fate of the forests of the Realms above most other matters.

Volodni have a strong Druidic tradition which governs their society, and a deep reverence for the Oak Father Silvanus. Almost all pinefolk venerate the gods of nature.

As a volodni, you have the following traits -

Ability Score increase – Your constitution increases by 1 and your wisdom by 2
Size – Volodnis stand between 5ft7 and 6ft5. Your size is medium
Age – Volodnis reach adulthood at age 20 and can live to 160
Speed – Your base speed is 30 feet
Low light vision - You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light.
Timber Covertness - You have advantage on Stealth Checks to hide in wooded terrain.
Forest Steadfast - You have resistance to cold damage and poison damage, and advantage to saving throws against poison.
True form – You are immune to polymorph spells, and have advantage on saves vs paralysation.
Arboreal blood – As a volodni, you only require 2 hours of sleep per day, and only one quarter the food and the water that humans need, thanks to photosynthesis and nutrient absorption. You cannot be put to sleep by magical means.
Languages – you can speak Common and Sylvan

The Volodni feature in the Forgotten Realms guidebook Unapproachable East.

M Placeholder
2015-11-16, 04:16 AM
Volodni Feats

Coming Soon........

M Placeholder
2015-11-16, 04:31 AM
Here is my conversion from 3.5 to 5e of the Volodni. I noticed a lack of plant races, and the pinefolk have lore that makes them a perfect race for adventuring and discovery.

BLC1975
2018-03-15, 10:12 AM
I bought the Unapproachable East book on Ebay a couple of weeks ago and found these guys really interesting, shame there isn't much more info about them but I will still drop them into my game at some point I reckon.