PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger Bolt Ace Buccaneer?

gadren
2015-11-16, 10:17 AM
So, in a game I'm going to run, I've made the rule that any gunslingers have to have the bolt ace archetype because guns don't exist in the setting.
I have a player who wants to roll up a gunslinger with both the Bolt Ace and Buccaneer archetypes. The two are not compatible (they both replace the same features).

Normally I wouldn't allow it, but I'm leaning toward "yes" just because the gunslinger is kind of garbage?

Thought I'd get your guys' thoughts on it first.

dascarletm
2015-11-16, 10:58 AM
What are the other players going to be in this campaign?

gadren
2015-11-16, 11:25 AM
What are the other players going to be in this campaign?

Not sure on everyone yet. One player is going to play a buffed version of Dread Necromancer for sure, and one wants to play something from Path of War but isn't sure which one yet. No word from others.

TheIronGolem
2015-11-16, 11:36 AM
I doubt it would be much of a problem. In my experience, Gunslinger is a frequent candidate for the "one free archetype" houserule anyway.

dascarletm
2015-11-16, 11:38 AM
Well, it looks like that character is going to be the "guy that kills stuff." In which case gunslingers aren't too bad at. Are you planning to give both features together, or blend them where the player can pick which archetype swaps a particular feature?

I would say, give the player both. A lot of the buccaneer stuff isn't powerful, it's mostly flavorful. It shouldn't be overpowering imo.