PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Want a fun build for my current 8th level Fighter

d20CritFail
2015-11-16, 04:06 PM
Mountain Dwarf
Stats:
20 STR
15 DEX
20 CON
9 INT
12 WIS
10 CHA

8th lvl Battle master Fighter

I was thinking taking some levels into Barbarian or paladin at some point.
Barb for the action surge rage, so all my attacks are at advantage, but paladin for the Smite damage and heals.
Any other suggestions, also I do not know when I would be taking these levels

CNagy
2015-11-16, 04:26 PM
Paladin would require a 13+ Charisma. Your current eligible classes for multiclass are: Barbarian and Rogue.

djreynolds
2015-11-16, 06:20 PM
Take him to 11th level. 3 attacks. Do you use a shield or no? What are your maneuvers? Styles?

d20CritFail
2015-11-16, 07:41 PM
Take him to 11th level. 3 attacks. Do you use a shield or no? What are your maneuvers? Styles?

Sorry, forgot to mention my other stuff.

I use a greatsword

Feat: Great weapon master

Fighting style: Great weapon fighting

Maneuvers: Precision attack, Riposte, Pushing attack, Feinting attack

Paeleus
2015-11-16, 10:06 PM
Take the Observant feat, have wis 13 and multiclass to war cleric next? Or just add 2 to wisdom and go war cleric.

This gives you spellcasting and ritual casting. The War Cleric specific spells suit you very well granting extra damage, extra defense, and party buffs. Plus you can heal if you need to. War Priest gives you bonus action control to hit more. Also, Spirit Gaurdians.

djreynolds
2015-11-18, 03:27 AM
Take the Observant feat, have wis 13 and multiclass to war cleric next? Or just add 2 to wisdom and go war cleric.

This gives you spellcasting and ritual casting. The War Cleric specific spells suit you very well granting extra damage, extra defense, and party buffs. Plus you can heal if you need to. War Priest gives you bonus action control to hit more. Also, Spirit Gaurdians.

You are 8th level, get to 11th level with battlemaster and then at 12 snag IMO, resilient wis and do as the man says and get war cleric. Now you will have 3 attacks, and a bonus action which isn't some wimpy off hand attack, but an attack. So that's 4 attacks made with GWM. Grab bless, and use channel divinity to make sure these hits land along with precision.

So first hit, use trip (you will take this at 10) and use guided strike and prone the chump. Now smack him three more times with advantage and GWM.

d20CritFail
2015-11-21, 06:36 PM
You are 8th level, get to 11th level with battlemaster and then at 12 snag IMO, resilient wis and do as the man says and get war cleric. Now you will have 3 attacks, and a bonus action which isn't some wimpy off hand attack, but an attack. So that's 4 attacks made with GWM. Grab bless, and use channel divinity to make sure these hits land along with precision.

So first hit, use trip (you will take this at 10) and use guided strike and prone the chump. Now smack him three more times with advantage and GWM.

I would still have to get war caster at some point right?

djreynolds
2015-11-22, 03:06 AM
I would still have to get war caster at some point right?

Yes, and you'll have plenty of feats to grab it. Your wisdom may not be high, but as long as you buff yourself and heal you shouldn't have to worry about spell DC checks. There is some debate about whether you can cast just holding your great sword in you off hand because of arcane focus and needing a free hand, but just grab war caster anyhow for advantage on concentration checks and the ability to cast a spell possibly as an opportunity attack, such as hold person or guiding bolt.

Love to see where this build goes, sounds cool.

d20CritFail
2015-11-23, 01:09 AM
Sweet guys thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it