PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Best Cleric Melee Touch Spells?

Lhurgyof
2015-11-16, 06:37 PM
I was pouring through the Spell Compendium and the PHB looking for good Touch spells for a cleric (As I was looking at the Maiden of Pain PrC, which allows casting a touch spell through her whip with 15' reach), and other than Cure/Inflict spells I'm coming up rather dry. I was wondering what the playground thought were decent cleric touch spells of any given level (and what source they appear in) was. If it's a domain spell, that's open as well.

Rebel7284
2015-11-16, 06:56 PM
Shivering Touch (Frostburn)

Lhurgyof
2015-11-16, 06:58 PM
Shivering Touch (Frostburn)

Shivering Touch is always a classic spell.

I was hoping there were better ones for levels 1 and 2, level 3 spells come with a host of amazing touch spells.

Rebel7284
2015-11-16, 07:02 PM
Shivering Touch is always a classic spell.

I was hoping there were better ones for levels 1 and 2, level 3 spells come with a host of amazing touch spells.

Shivering Touch, Lesser. :smallbiggrin:

Lhurgyof
2015-11-16, 07:37 PM
Not as good as the original, but it will do.

So, here is my list so far:

1st - Cure Light Wounds, Inflict Light Wounds, Seething Eyebane (Corrupt), Shivering Touch (Lesser).

2nd - Animalistic Power, Black Lungs, Cure Moderate Wounds, Execration, Frostburn (Lesser), Hold Person, Inflict Moderate Wounds, Rigor Mortis, Sap Strength.

That's actually pretty decent. I'm still unsure what to pick up for domains. I get Pain and Knowledge as bonus domains.