PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Good archivist templates.

CrispyKingPin
2015-11-17, 03:43 AM
My DM is allowing me to buy off my LA's. one at 6 and another at 9 like usual. and i was wondering if there were any good templates out there I could use.

He was going to let me go half-dragon, but that is a +3 and the payoff is so late it hurts. He was going to turn the +8 str to +8 int.

However I cannot seem to find a great template. Also I want a flavorful template, for a good campaign btw, so undead templates are off the table.

My max is +2 templates.

Thurbane
2015-11-17, 03:53 AM
I'm quite averse to psionics myself, but I hear Phrenic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm) is good.

Spellwarped is a personal favourite of mine, but comes in at LA +3.

Half-giant with the Primordial template is LA +1, if you wanted to throw another LA +1 template on top.

Jeff the Green
2015-11-17, 04:03 AM
Saint, maybe? The stat bonuses are mediocre for you (+2 Con, +2 Wis, +4 Cha), and it's kind of a pain to qualify for (6th level, three exalted feats), but it does add +2 to the DCs of your spells and give some interesting immunities and abilities.

Shadow creature is always good, giving one of these abilities per 4 HD:

+2 luck bonus on all saving throws.
Cause Fear (Sp): 1/day. Caster level 5th. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Damage reduction 5/magic.
Evasion, as the rogue class feature.
Fast healing 2.
Mirror Image (Sp): 1/day. Caster level 5th.
Plane Shift (Sp): 1/day, to or from the Plane of Shadow only. Caster level 15th.

(Pick fast healing, mirror image, luck bonus, plane shift, and evasion, in that order.)

Plus a 50% bonus to your speed and total concealment in anything other than full daylight.

There's always phrenic, too.

Uncle Pine
2015-11-17, 04:16 AM
Vecna-Blooded is quite good for a mere LA +1. Necropolitan is +0 but still really good.

Troacctid
2015-11-17, 12:57 PM
Mulhorandi Divine Minion is good if you're an outsider.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-11-17, 01:53 PM
Primordial half-giant is good, +4 int is the highest you're going to find for +1 LA. After that, you can take Deep (-2str/+2 int, LA +1) and/or Arctic (+0 LA, +2 con/-2 cha).