PDA

View Full Version : Avatar and Rank

Max_Sinister
2007-06-01, 08:39 AM
In my options, I chose an avatar, but it isn't visible - at least not for me, although I can see other avatars.

And I've got more than 250 posts now, but I'm still "dwarf in the playground".

Does it have to do with the fact that my old nick was "Max Sinister", but since we have the new forum it is "Max_Sinister"?

onasuma
2007-06-01, 08:57 AM
well, dwarves are up to 300 or maybe more i think.

Also make sure you have actually saved changes once you select your avavtar

Samiam303
2007-06-01, 09:36 AM
And once you put the custom avatar URL in the box, make sure the radio button is in the "Custom Avatar" field, two items up the page from where you put in your custom URL.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-01, 10:50 AM
If you were around on the old boards you can theoretically(:smallwink:) get the underscore removed from your name.

Raistlin1040
2007-06-02, 12:37 PM
The forum ranks are as follows

Titan (10,000-)
Firbolg (8,000-9,999)
Ettin (6,000-7,999)
Troll (4,000-5,999)
Ogre (2,000-3,999)
Bugbear (1,000-1,999)
Barbarian (500-999)
Orc (300-499)
Dwarf (100-299)
Halfling (50-99)
Pixie (1-49)
Ghost (0)

You don't get Dwarf util 300. But remember kiddies! POST COUNTS DON"T MATTER!

Max_Sinister
2007-06-02, 01:03 PM
Thx for the help!

Ichneumon
2007-06-02, 01:22 PM
Why do they even have rank? I mean, sure it doesn't matter, but why do we even have them?

And how can you see how many post you already have?

Mr_Saturn
2007-06-02, 01:24 PM
General Note Regarding User Titles and Post Counts:

The User Title that appears under your User Name changes over time in relation to your post count total. Posts in Silly Message Board Games and The Town do not count toward this total.

These titles are there for fun only and post counts mean nothing here. Don't treat anyone any differently because of their post count and please don't post to increase your count. (The former is considered flaming and the latter is considered spam.)

The user titles and post counts to which they corrolate may be changed from time to time (or for special occasions) at the discretion of the moderators. Special short-term user titles are given as prizes for the Official Design Contest.

Presently, the titles are as follows:
Titan
Firbolg
Ettin
Troll
Ogre
Bugbear
Barbarian
Orc
Dwarf
Halfling
Pixie
Ghost (no posts)

We do not publish the post counts to which these corrolate. Please do not discuss post counts and user titles, but do feel free to courteously link users who raise the issue to this announcement. Thank you.

In the words of our faithful moderator. Underlined important part. Now if everyone were fireborg's what fun would there be in that? Same for if everyone were pixies.

Skippy
2007-06-02, 01:35 PM
I have a little question here... It's not at all a complaint or anything, just a little doubt I have...

Posts in SMBG don't count... But even so, can someone achieve another rank even if he/she spends all of his/her life posts (or at least most of them) in there? I ask because I'm an orc now but I highly doubt I've made that much posts somewhere else...

Roland St. Jude
2007-06-02, 03:27 PM
I have a little question here... It's not at all a complaint or anything, just a little doubt I have...

Posts in SMBG don't count... But even so, can someone achieve another rank even if he/she spends all of his/her life posts (or at least most of them) in there? I ask because I'm an orc now but I highly doubt I've made that much posts somewhere else...

Posts in SMBG and The Town don't count. So the posts that factor into your rank are from elsewhere.

I see my announcement is working well. [/sarcasm]

Now that this thread is all about post counts and ranks and not at all about avatars, I'm going to lock it.