PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining the PDF.

Petrocorus
2015-11-17, 09:24 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm getting interested in the 5E and i am currently thinking to master D&D with my new gaming group. The problem is that i basically live in the land of Far Far Away and shipping books there is quite costful. Not to mention my local gaming shop is not that big on RPG and that 5E still isn't edited in French. So, i'd like to buy PDF editions of the books but failed to find them on DriveThru.

So, do you know any way to buy PDF editions of 5E books?

Thank you.

Yorrin
2015-11-17, 09:29 PM
There are no legal PDF versions of the 5e core books, unfortunately.

steppedonad4
2015-11-17, 09:30 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm getting interested in the 5E and i am currently thinking to master D&D with my new gaming group. The problem is that i basically live in the land of Far Far Away and shipping books there is quite costful. Not to mention my local gaming shop is not that big on RPG and that 5E still isn't edited in French. So, i'd like to buy PDF editions of the books but failed to find them on DriveThru.

Thank you.

Unfortunately no legal avenue exists to obtain them and I can't recommend where to go in order to find them illegally because that would be against the rules of the forum.

I also can't recommend the Android character sheet application that can be found on the store currently, after having been previously taken down, as it breaks the copyright of Wizards of the Coast and will probably be taken down soon again so only quick people who download it very soon will ever have the luxury of illegally using it.

zylodrizzt
2015-11-17, 09:33 PM
Isn't there a free basic rules on the wizards site?

EKruze
2015-11-17, 10:37 PM
A number of the core cooks are purchasable in Fantasy Grounds as well. The format will be very different from an actual book or pdf but all of the content is in there.

MaxWilson
2015-11-17, 10:54 PM
Hello everyone.

Thank you.

You're in luck! Start with the free PDFs here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

That is all you need to run a game.

If you want to expand your game further you will unfortunately have to buy the rest of the books (PHB, DMG, Monstrous Manual) off Amazon or something because they are not available in PDF format. But you should start with those free PDFs.

Safety Sword
2015-11-18, 05:09 PM
Unfortunately no legal avenue exists to obtain them and I can't recommend where to go in order to find them illegally because that would be against the rules of the forum.

I also can't recommend the Android character sheet application that can be found on the store currently, after having been previously taken down, as it breaks the copyright of Wizards of the Coast and will probably be taken down soon again so only quick people who download it very soon will ever have the luxury of illegally using it.

Subtle :smallwink: