PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Miko Blackguard Theory

Ridureyu
2007-06-01, 04:25 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Ridureyu/keepshopwindowsclean.gif

Passing man (A) slips on banana peel (B) causing him to fall on rake (C). As handle of rake rises it throws horseshoe (D) onto rope (E) which sags, thereby tilting sprinkling can (F). Water (G) saturates mop (H). Pickle terrier (I) thinks it is raining, gets up to run into house and upsets sign (J) throwing it against non-tipping cigar ash receiver (K) which causes it to swing back and forth and swish the mop against window pane, wiping it clean, and Making Miko a Blackguard.

jindra34
2007-06-01, 04:26 PM

Passing man (A) slips on banana peel (B) causing him to fall on rake (C). As handle of rake rises it throws horseshoe (D) onto rope (E) which sags, thereby tilting sprinkling can (F). Water (G) saturates mop (H). Pickle terrier (I) thinks it is raining, gets up to run into house and upsets sign (J) throwing it against non-tipping cigar ash receiver (K) which causes it to swing back and forth and swish the mop against window pane, wiping it clean, and Making Miko a Blackguard

Please i beg of you tell me this is a joke...

*draws 10 knives*

Tolkien_Freak
2007-06-01, 04:27 PM
If this is in response to absurd theories about Miko becoming a blackguard, it works perfectly. Good job!

Emperor Ing
2007-06-01, 04:28 PM
Explain how a clean window turns a Paladin Evil:smallannoyed:

Setra
2007-06-01, 04:34 PM
It's a window.. to her blackened heart!

Obviously :smalltongue:

Recurve
2007-06-01, 04:38 PM
I am currently powering my house solely on the whooshing made by this joke as it goes over everyone's heads.

Quikngruvn
Rube Goldberg FTW!

Morty
Really, all those "Miko will be blackguard" theories must've been really stupid/bizzare/implausible/all of the above to provoke jokes like that.

CardinalFang
2007-06-01, 04:43 PM
Rube Goldberg FTW!

Indeed. :smallbiggrin:

Renegade Paladin
2007-06-01, 04:47 PM
http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/JPEGs/detectwin.jpg

Sage in the Playground
2007-06-01, 04:54 PM
http://www.libriumarcana.com/Uploads/Rogue/Pictures/JPEGs/detectwin.jpg

Quoted for Truth

Tomada
2007-06-01, 05:27 PM

I can say it doesn't change an evil paladin back, so there you have it!

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-01, 05:36 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8594/tehawsomness8ei.png
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6770/roflcoptoroo5.gif

And so on.

BobTheDog
2007-06-01, 05:50 PM
Finally a Blackguard theory worth discussing!

I say the dog won't hit the sign, but only time can tell.

J_Muller
2007-06-01, 05:54 PM
For once, a Miko Blackguard thread worth reading.:smalltongue:

You get a gold star.:smallbiggrin:

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-01, 06:00 PM
Finally a Blackguard theory worth discussing!

I say the dog won't hit the sign, but only time can tell.

No pickle terriers are highly reliable dogs. If anything the sign won't fall over.

Ridureyu
2007-06-01, 06:00 PM
Please i beg of you tell me this is a joke...

*draws 10 knives*

Yes. Consider it social commentary on the "Well, maybe she';ll fall into the throne room and say "excuse me" to a random demon, thus counting as friendly contact and BLACKGUARD! Or maybe she's praying, but a demon will answer and BLACKGUARD! Or maybe she'll strangle her one and only love and engage in a lightsaber duel on Mustafar and BLACKGUARD!"

Really, it's days like this that make me wish I was registered back when she was falling and stuff.:smallbiggrin:

jindra34
2007-06-01, 06:07 PM
Yes. Consider it social commentary on the "Well, maybe she';ll fall into the throne room and say "excuse me" to a random demon, thus counting as friendly contact and BLACKGUARD! Or maybe she's praying, but a demon will answer and BLACKGUARD! Or maybe she'll strangle her one and only love and engage in a lightsaber duel on Mustafar and BLACKGUARD!"

Really, it's days like this that make me wish I was registered back when she was falling and stuff.:smallbiggrin:

I was double checking because it fit well within the boundries of intelligence of today's forum
*sheathes daggers*

Icewalker
2007-06-01, 06:40 PM
Best theory ever.

This is totally going to happen. I just know it.

Basalock
2007-06-01, 06:45 PM

Passing man (A) slips on banana peel (B) causing him to fall on rake (C). As handle of rake rises it throws horseshoe (D) onto rope (E) which sags, thereby tilting sprinkling can (F). Water (G) saturates mop (H). Pickle terrier (I) thinks it is raining, gets up to run into house and upsets sign (J) throwing it against non-tipping cigar ash receiver (K) which causes it to swing back and forth and swish the mop against window pane, wiping it clean, and Making Miko a Blackguard.

see now I just have to try this
:smalltongue:

Aethir
2007-06-01, 07:08 PM
Surely Thog must be the man since the sign says "Ice Cream Soda"

Shatteredtower
2007-06-01, 07:16 PM
Ridureyu, I tip my hat and applaud.

Then I wonder where I got the extra hand to do both at once, but that's neither here nor there.

Gavin Sage
2007-06-01, 07:20 PM
Really, all those "Miko will be blackguard" theories must've been really stupid/bizzare/implausible/all of the above to provoke jokes like that.

I have to agree.

Bugbear_
2007-06-01, 07:23 PM
There is a flaw in your plan. (A) Will get IMPALED on the rake. After the dogs sniffs the corpse and runs away ( thats what any sane dog would do. ) He hits the sign, but the sign gets threwn in the air because of the dog's might. So it falls on some passing fly, causing MIKO to become a BLACKGUARD.

EvilElitest
2007-06-01, 07:59 PM

So, this a plan Nale would make, except while drunk, stoned, dying, and mentally challenged?
from,
EE

truemane
2007-06-01, 08:52 PM

Oddly enough, a similar process results in Haley becoming a Half-Celestial. it also reveals V's gender.

True Story.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-06-01, 08:58 PM
My God, it's so OBVIOUS NOW!!!!

How did I not see this? Rube Goldberg=Miko going Blackguard!

Think her sword will turn red, and will she get a cool set of black armor? I certianly see the process now!

:smallbiggrin:

Renegade Paladin
2007-06-01, 11:16 PM
Quoted for Truth
1.) QFT is one of the most annoying forms of spam in existence.

2.) If you quote one of my images again, I will switch that image's location on the directory with one that you won't like at all, edit my post, and leave you holding the bag. I will do the same with this one if you don't edit your post to remove the image. Bandwidth is not free.

Setra
2007-06-01, 11:19 PM

2.) If you quote one of my images again, I will switch that image's location on the directory with one that you won't like at all, edit my post, and leave you holding the bag. I will do the same with this one if you don't edit your post to remove the image. Bandwidth is not free.
Wow, talk about vicious, nice. No mercy!

Anyways, it actually took me a minute to get the point of the original poster.

Woah...I dont think you count as a paladin anymore...
I thought he was a Blackguard.

Gnome King
2007-06-01, 11:23 PM

Woah...I dont think you count as a paladin anymore...

Renegade Paladin
2007-06-01, 11:25 PM
I didn't say what I'd switch it with; only that he wouldn't like it. :smalltongue:

Gnome King
2007-06-01, 11:27 PM
I didn't say what I'd switch it with; only that he wouldn't like it. :smalltongue:

Would you be creative about it? or just something vulgar?

Renegade Paladin
2007-06-01, 11:38 PM
Creative, of course. Not only is it more fun that way, but I doubt the mods would see the humor in just replacing it with a shock image. Nor would I, for that matter. :smallyuk: But the point is that he needs to stop stealing my bandwidth, especially just for a spammy +1 post.

Gnome King
2007-06-01, 11:47 PM
Heh...

Seems your smarter than I originally thought... Just goes to show me...

Never judge a poster by his posts.

JT
2007-06-02, 12:12 AM
2.) If you quote one of my images again, I will switch that image's location...

Most browsers will only download an image once for the page (and in fact, may well remember it across pages). That's why it has a place where it puts temp files on your computer.

If I were to insert a million green-grinning smilies in this post, while I would certainly be annoying, I would not be forcing each reader to download 209 million bytes of image data, nor would each person viewing my post be sucking 209 million bytes of bandwidth from giantitp.com.

That said, I agree that QFT as a post is annoying, and I'll further opine that seeing the same image show up twice in a row is even more annoying.

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 12:38 AM
That's it! Miko will become a Blackguard when she hotlinks someone else's images!

J_Muller
2007-06-02, 12:51 AM
That's it! Miko will become a Blackguard when she hotlinks someone else's images!

Quoted For Truth, just to make Renegade Paladin irritated.

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 12:55 AM
Now you're a Blackguard.

J_Muller
2007-06-02, 01:00 AM
Now you're a Blackguard.

Ooh, cool. When do I get my fiendish servant?

Kjata
2007-06-02, 02:09 AM

Wow. What the **** is wrong with you? That may be the ****tiest thing ive heard or read said all day, and im in high school. Chill out. QFT isn't that bad.

Kioran
2007-06-02, 02:45 AM
Wow. What the **** is wrong with you? That may be the ****tiest thing ive heard or read said all day, and im in high school. Chill out. QFT isn't that bad.

It is, in the sense that it doesnīt contribute much to a discussion or even derails one meant to be humurous. Itīs like a nondescript cinderblock in a toystore - While not a bad thing it is displaced in itīs surroundings and unnecessesary.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-02, 02:55 AM
I'm concerned about the Horseshoe's trajectory.
What is the horseshoe, instead of striking the rope, strikes either the man, causing the whole machination to fail, or the dog, thereby making Thog's pants turn purple.

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 03:25 AM
It is, in the sense that it doesnīt contribute much to a discussion or even derails one meant to be humurous. Itīs like a nondescript cinderblock in a toystore - While not a bad thing it is displaced in itīs surroundings and unnecessesary.

It's about the same as posting a single image saying 'this is cool." QFT is just another way of giving random props to the poster without saying much to do so.

Lavidor
2007-06-02, 03:27 AM
Haven't seen this anywere so...

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x84/AmnonLavidor/BGmiko.jpg:smallsmile:
Anyone who wants has permision to sig (or put in avatar)

Renegade Paladin
2007-06-02, 11:16 AM
When combined with leeching my bandwidth, yes it is. I just threw item 1 in there because I might as well as long as I'm ranting at him anyway.

And JT, I'm well aware of the function of the cache, but it's still not something I want to encourage. What if, for example, the original post was the last post on page 1 and he'd quoted in on page 2? I'd rather stamp it out all around than to wait for special cases.

Ridureyu
2007-06-03, 08:52 AM
You know, that process could also just as easily redeem Miko, too...

Scatman
2007-06-03, 08:39 PM
Your awesome just for challenging my way of logic.

Ladorak
2007-06-03, 08:44 PM
That said, I agree that QFT as a post is annoying, and I'll further opine that seeing the same image show up twice in a row is even more annoying.

Quoted for truth... Sorry I couldn't resist. But rest assured that's the first and last time I'll use that phrase. It makes me want to weep that there are folk out there with so little to say they'll actual literally parrot what someone else said and then add 'That's true that is' as if t accomplishes something.

Tredrick
2007-06-03, 09:03 PM
Surely Thog must be the man since the sign says "Ice Cream Soda"

That is the back up plan. If the sign does not fall, Thog rushes in and knocks it over.

Oh, if you do not want people leeching your bandwidth, try putting the image in a free image hosting service instead of your web page.

Seriously, who posts something on a forum and is all shocked and outraged when someone, gasp, quotes the post! Oh noes! The horror! People on a forum using the tools the forum gives them! Who would think that people would not use such features?

Renegade Paladin, obviously.

You best hope no one takes that link, writes a script to access your site over and over again and eats all your bandwidth up. Thankfully, you are polite and respectful of your fellow posters so they are unlikely to be peeved and try some sort of petty revenge like that.

Breaon
2007-06-03, 09:05 PM
It's about the same as posting a single image saying 'this is cool." QFT is just another way of giving random props to the poster without saying much to do so.

It's also a side-handed way to prop up your post count (ie. not adding anythign to the discussion.)

Scatman
2007-06-03, 09:18 PM
AHH!HELLO KITTY NAZI!SHIZ!
The only thing missing is mein the background about to sabotage it for its powerful illogicalness...That I didnt create.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-03, 09:21 PM
The phrase "Quoted for Truth" is a perfectly valid expression meaning that you agree with someone and is a way of expressing your own opinion. It isn't spam at all.

Now the acronym for it is just chatspeak which doesn't belong on a message board as it is non-english and is overall annoying. Making a quote and putting "QFT" under it the worst spam in world? I've seen worse.

Quoted images can be highly annoying and should be removed when quoting another poster (perhaps replace it with something like <Star Trek Image>). Maybe we can make this a rule?

Demented
2007-06-03, 09:29 PM
When combined with leeching my bandwidth, yes it is. I just threw item 1 in there because I might as well as long as I'm ranting at him anyway.

Hence why I prefer imageshack and the like.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-03, 10:53 PM
That is the back up plan. If the sign does not fall, Thog rushes in and knocks it over.

Of course, Thog is following the puppy that ran in the opposite direction, not the sign. Thog can't read. :smallwink:

Tredrick
2007-06-05, 08:42 AM
Of course, Thog is following the puppy that ran in the opposite direction, not the sign. Thog can't read. :smallwink:

Yes, but he has many ranks in Sense Ice Cream.

Belkar Rocks
2007-06-05, 09:00 AM
2.) If you quote one of my images again, I will switch that image's location on the directory with one that you won't like at all, edit my post, and leave you holding the bag. I will do the same with this one if you don't edit your post to remove the image. Bandwidth is not free.Actually, when it's on the same page, it is free. Your use of the image is the one that will result in someone's browser pulling it off of your server. Any additional appearances on the same web page do not cause an extra pull on your server, because the image is already cached. Haven't you ever noticed web pages with multiple instances of a single slow-loading image drawing all instances of that same image simultaneously?

That being said, it is a funny image and applicable to the situation. :smallamused:

factotum
2007-06-05, 09:28 AM
Actually, when it's on the same page, it is free.

What if it isn't? There's no guarantee that the "Quoted for Truth" will end up on the same page as the message it's quoting.

wootdavid
2007-06-05, 10:30 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8594/tehawsomness8ei.png
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/6770/roflcoptoroo5.gif

And so on.

Quoted because I can't be bothered looking through photobucket for my own.