PDA

View Full Version : Yorick from LoL in 3.5

Gambitspades
2015-11-18, 11:16 AM
Zo als THE titel suggests...i want te recreate yorick mori.
I know i want to use THE neanderthaler race.

What classes fit best.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-18, 12:12 PM
For those of us not familiar with LOL, what can he do? What's the most important part of his schtick to emulate?

Gambitspades
2015-11-18, 12:56 PM
Yorick used à shovel. And Summons spirits to AId HIM in various ways

animewatcha
2015-11-18, 01:08 PM
League of legends is something based on Defense of the Ancients from Warcraft 3. Here are his abilities from the respective wikia.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Yorick

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-18, 03:14 PM
Looks like you'll want a necromancer gish, then. Probably Cleric- straight Cleric 20 would do, but you can improve significantly with things like Pale Master, Master of Shrouds, and Bone Knight. The trick is getting buffs from your minions... unless you make Spellstiched undead, in which case you can load them up with buffs and have them cast then on you.

mabriss lethe
2015-11-18, 08:01 PM
It honestly looks like you could mimic a lot of his goodies as a glaivelock packing The Dead Walk as one of his invocations, Tomb-tainted soul, and the usual corpsecrafter tricks.

Zombulian
2015-11-18, 08:12 PM
It honestly looks like you could mimic a lot of his goodies as a glaivelock packing The Dead Walk as one of his invocations, Tomb-tainted soul, and the usual corpsecrafter tricks.

This. Or Dread Necromancer using them Summon Undead spells.

Edit: OOOOOH Dragon Compendium's Death's Master base class may work for this.

Mehi
2015-11-18, 11:45 PM
The first three abilities(Q,W and E) could be emulated by using create undead and animate dead. Here's my idea:
Classes: dread necromancer/death delver

Q - attack and quickened create undead (ghoul)

W - animate dead(skeleton), exploding skeleton from pathfinder

E - vampiric touch via spectral hand and quickened create undead(ghast)

R - nine lives from the death delver class

I wouldn't suggest using a neanderthal, the -2 charisma hurts the dread necromancer, maybe try using a half giant?

mabriss lethe
2015-11-19, 02:06 AM
Q - attack and quickened create undead (ghoul)

I'm afraid this one won't work, for a few reasons. 1. Create undead has a casting time of 1 hour, quicken cannot be applied to it. 2. Without metamagic reducers it would require a 10th level spell slot to quicken a 6th level spell such as Create Undead.

Mehi
2015-11-19, 03:17 AM
I'm afraid this one won't work, for a few reasons. 1. Create undead has a casting time of 1 hour, quicken cannot be applied to it. 2. Without metamagic reducers it would require a 10th level spell slot to quicken a 6th level spell such as Create Undead.

animate dead still works, so you could just make zombies instead of ghouls and ghasts.

Thanks for telling me!

edit: Applying easy metamagic(quicken), practical metamagic and arcane thesis reduces the cost of a quickened animate dead from 7 to 4

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-19, 11:49 AM
Ghoul Gauntlet is damage over time, but turns whoever it kills into a ghoul. It may cause problems with your cap on controlled undead, though.

Mehi
2015-11-20, 03:18 AM
Ghoul Gauntlet is damage over time, but turns whoever it kills into a ghoul. It may cause problems with your cap on controlled undead, though.

The problem with this is that Yorick doesn't make undead when people die but when he attacks.
I suppose you could keep the undead in a bag of holding and let them out when you attack?

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-20, 07:39 AM
The problem with this is that Yorick doesn't make undead when people die but when he attacks.
I suppose you could keep the undead in a bag of holding and let them out when you attack?
Mmm... Quickened Summon Undead would be your best bet, then.

Troacctid
2015-11-20, 04:50 PM
I think Summon Undead is the spell you want. It makes temporary ghouls that you summon during the fight, which is how the game mechanic works. The Imbued Summoning and Cloudy Conjuration feats will probably also be helpful in emulating Yorick's kit. You can use Craft Contingent Spell for his ultimate ability.

Secrets of Sarlona has the Monk's Spade as an exotic weapon, but I'm not sure spending a feat to gain proficiency is worth it when you're not likely to make use of the double weapon aspect. I'd just stat the shovel as a heavy mace.