PDA

View Full Version : [Spells] Power to the white man!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-01, 06:28 PM
Lilly White
Necromancy
Level: Drd 3
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: One creature
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Fortitude or Will negates partial; see text.
Spell Resistance: Yes

With a wave of your hand a faint smell of burning flesh fills the air. Your target's skin or hide becomes deathly pale and their eyes fade to a light pink or blue hue...

You cause a creature to become intensely sensitive to the rays of the sun. While in direct sunlight living creatures must succeed on a fortitude save or take 1d6 non-lethal damage per round. Once this damage equals their current hit points all further damage sustained is lethal. They are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

Undead that fail a will save take damage from exposure to sunlight as mentioned above, though the damage is lethal. Targets that already have vulnerability or an aversion to sunlight take twice the damage, and penalties are doubled.

On a successful save the targets do not become dazzled in bright light, though they still take 1 point of damage per round of exposure.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lilly White, Mass
Necromancy
Level: Drd 6
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: One creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart

This spell functions like lilly white, except that it can affect more creatures.

Ceres
2007-06-01, 06:36 PM
Combining this with daylight would be cool. Or better, sunburst :smallbiggrin:

Should it really be third level, though? Oh, right. 1 min/level. I guess you could do some serious damage with this under the right conditions.

This is when you need cure (insignificant wounds) for that really bad sunburn afterwards.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-01, 06:40 PM
Well, I'd mix it with the other spells, but they even say that they are not considered sunlight for this and that. Dazzling still works with the spells though.

But once your damage equals your HP you begin to take lethal.

Icewalker
2007-06-01, 06:42 PM
Nice. Cool spell...

Yoink! Could use this. Handy.

jindra34
2007-06-01, 06:44 PM
Imagine the use of the mass one in a war...

Tengu
2007-06-01, 06:52 PM
Not much more overpowered nor horrible as a tool of war than Cloudkill.

DracoDei
2007-06-01, 06:57 PM
Interesting curse...

Once this damage equals their current hit points it becomes lethal damage.
Should this be FURTHER damage from this source or does the damage retroactively change to lethal (I assume the first).

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-01, 07:03 PM
Interesting curse...

Should this be FURTHER damage from this source or does the damage retroactively change to lethal (I assume the first).
Yeah, the former. Basically just restating what non-lethal damage does normally.

NullAshton
2007-06-01, 07:05 PM
I think it should be round/level instead. If they make the save and do escape, assuming this is 5th level, that's 50 damage. Quite a bit at 5th level for someone that made their save.

Poppatomus
2007-06-01, 07:06 PM
Doubly deadly, since passing out from the subdual still leaves you out in the sun, slowly cooking. Very cool spells.

Now you just need to come up with a power word: melanoma spell and you're set.

jindra34
2007-06-01, 07:06 PM
I think it should be round/level instead. If they make the save and do escape, assuming this is 5th level, that's 50 damage. Quite a bit at 5th level for someone that made their save.

1. its non-lethal damage.
2. they only take damage in direct sunlight.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-01, 07:10 PM
Well, that is assuming they are far away from any kind of shade and do not have any way of covering themselves over. Also, this is only non-lethal damage.

Only in a desert campaign is this likely to be that deadly, and even then you usually have some full-body covering.

Poppatomus
2007-06-01, 07:22 PM
1. its non-lethal damage.
2. they only take damage in direct sunlight.

Why do casters get all the love? How about some Monthly contest inspired feats?

Oooh!! Shiny
Req: Dex +13

When in broad daylight, or within the area of any similarly strong lighting effect, you may use your items to reflect some of this light to disrupt your opponents. As a standard action you can disrupt an enemy, forcing one target within 30 ft to make a concentration check against 10+ your character level or be distracted. This power can only be used if you are wearing metal armor or wielding a metal weapon.

All that Glitters
Req: Slight of Hand +5; Int +13

You're skilled enough with your hands that, in the right conditions, you can hide anything in plain sight. When in broad daylight, or within the area of any similarly strong lighting effect, you can make a slight of hand check which is then added to the difficulty of any spot or appraise check made against a small or smaller item you hold in your hand. You gain a +5 on this roll if the object is completely metallic.

This ability can also be used to aid an item based con. Anyone with this feat may make slight of hand check against a DC of 25 to add a +5 circumstance bonus to any bluff involving a small or smaller item. The DC is reduced to 20 if the item is completely metallic.

Beach Bum
Req: Cha +15; Swim +2; non-lawful

For one month after spending more than one day doing nothing but working or playing in bright sunlight, you gain a +2 to all Cha based skill checks made while in light or no armor. Additionally, you gain a +1 to all will saves against domination while in unobscured, natural sunlight.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-02, 08:56 AM
The fact that it's non-lethal damage doesn't really make it that much weaker than lethal. Doing 50 damage to a 50 HP opponent still incapacitates them, lethal or not. You get the option to capture the enemy, as well.

Although I have a nagging feeling there are some specific downsides to non-lethal damage, I can't remember them.