PDA

View Full Version : The Sun Will Rise

zeone3000
2015-11-18, 09:27 PM
Near the southern edge of the Scavenger Lands, we find a Circle of Celestial Exalts marching towards The Empty City, Denandsor. No matter which they came, sticking to the roads or the unkept woods, after coming within a few miles, there is a sense of unease that seems to be radiating from their goal. Either way, Ulilaka begins dragging her feet.

Seanfall
2015-11-19, 12:14 AM
Fuji Shenbon the Spear of hope marched towards the Empty City, with his circle. And many more besides. He'd brought half a shard of Jadeborn mercenaries, the other half remained back at the Bastion. Besides them Weaver, along with a group of mortals in carriages and on horseback followed as well. His plan was to have them set up camp well outside the City's borders. Mostly if they needed to work out any long projects. But he had no intention of sending them into the City without first securing it.

Fuji himself was kitted out, ensconced within his Battle Armor and Dawn's First light firmly in hand he felt ready for anything. Then that sense of unease, and one of his Circle Mates Familiars began acting strangely. Fuji raised a hand, fingers splayed. The Jadeborn stopped marching, and the support group ceased all forward motion.

"Everyone else feel uneasy?" Fuji's voice was slightly modulated due to the armor. I've marched close to this city before, always avoided it though. Perhaps this feeling is one of the cities defenses.

Fuji turned to their Resident Twilight, Tandus "Does the city posses defenses to unnerve the mind?" He glanced at Uilaka, then back towards the city.

supernerd
2015-11-19, 04:16 AM
Cecil flew about at an idle pace, still far faster than the caravan of mortals. He darted about the group, getting restless. If they were going to enter the Empty City's borders, He wanted to be going fast. He had taken Tandus and his other lizard to the rendezvous this morning, having spent yesterday in his first trueform to keep his bearings on humanity before leaving for the ruins.

He had begun to notice the aura as well. He'd been here once before, and had flown around it ever since. "Well, once you actually need to try, the mortals should stay and I'll suit up. I hope you all don't mind a casual disregard for subtlety. However, why did we need the mortals, again? They're so slow. We need to get this over with."

He tried not to talk to the mortals, They often didn't take kindly to his rampant shifting. He was currently a fourteen armed, flying dinosaur man who towered over them and would only continue to tower even more. He currently stood at 12ft, and would quadruple in size before they went in, something that made him appreciate the high arches of solar architecture.

Rhyvurg
2015-11-19, 07:51 AM
Kel walks along slightly behind the others, humming to himself then occasionally singing the same three nonsense sylables over and over, frowning slightly. Three months ago, he had heard a snatch of a song through a tavern window, and it had been stuck in his head every since. He'd been trying to match it with a tune, hoping that if he could finish the song, it would stop. So far, no luck. His white toga-like clothes were covered in road dust, his his bracers and the five hearthstones implanted in his chest looked pristine. When he realizes the group stopped, he looks up. "We're here? Finally, I was starting to wonder if this city really existed."

zeone3000
2015-11-19, 08:47 AM
The Jadeborn all nod and agree unanimously, the few mounted trying to ease their horses. They don't seem like they are going to get much closer. It'd be best to send them back at least a half mile or more.

kestrel404
2015-11-19, 09:56 AM
Elf rides quietly next to a coach-driver in his own small caravan. He has a dozen hired guards on a long-term contract from Nexus, a handful of hired hands to deal with the equipment, and his ever-present bodyguard/clone looking very intimidating wearing a concealing mask and equipped with high-quality tiger claws. Riding on the roof and looking like a pile of luggage, a Clamorous Cloud-Arsenal, summoned and bound to protective service, rests quiescent.

The Elusive Legislator of Fortune also rides within the carriage - de-materialized but comfortably seated within. Surrounding him are likewise-dematerialized demons of various forms - all first circle, and all bound under various abscissic templates based on their designated roles. He busies himself dictating notes to a Cannibal-Bureaucrat, diligently scribing his newest legal theories on a sheet of freshly-spun silk.

The Elf outside the carriage perks up at at his companion's comments. "Rumor has it that no Scavenger Lord has managed to remain within the fogs around the city more than a week before going mad - and none of their caravans manage more than a day before fleeing in terror or turning on each other. There are also rumors that the defenses within make the ones on fortified first-age manses look like hunters snares, and that's to say nothing of the huge hoards of wealth hidden inside. Of course, that's why we're here, isn't it?"

Seanfall
2015-11-19, 11:37 AM
Fuji speaks quickly with the Jadeborn ordering them and the mortals back half a mile. He'd signal them if he required their aid. He turns back to the others, looking up at the resident Lunar. "Some are historians, Others are from the cult. Something about 'wanting to document this day' Whatever that means. Besides if we retake the city it can become a new settlement. The Jadeborn to provide extra Security, and intimidation. That was before I saw the varied forms you could take however." The armored Solar nods as Elf speaks.

"I don't seek riches or power, But Keeping it out of the hands of the Realm and the Mask of Winters is enough for me." Fuji wasn't quite comfortable with most of his Circle. Elf in particular was off putting. His association with demons being the primary factor, Fuji hadn't gone as far as to accuse Elf of being an Akuma. But it still worried him. If he simply used demons, however Fuji could live with that.

"Shall we give a stirring speech, light our Animas for the world to see? Or simply waltz in and see what fate decides to throw at us?"

girlwithsixarms
2015-11-19, 06:29 PM
Tandus begins falling farther behind within the ranks headed towards Denandsor as he slows to match Ulilaka's increasingly sluggish pace. He pauses and tilts his head back, searching for Cecil's presence in the sky. Turning his gaze earthward, he asks Ulilaka "What seems to be the problem little one?"

Novabomb
2015-11-20, 12:22 AM
Seeker is accompanying Fuji on this march.

Defense is not the correct word in this case. What you feel is the result of an ancient calamity of unknown origin, and is in fact the reason the city is empty. Do not worry, once we reach the gates, I will use my power to dampen the citiy's effects. What you will need to be concerned with is the automata that defend the city.

Seeker will describe the details of the city's defenders.

supernerd
2015-11-20, 03:08 AM
Since it was time to send the mortals back, he noted that Tandus had fallen behind. After getting what he could from their Sidereal informant, he put some effort behind his speed. "I'm going to go grab Tandus. I'll be right back, you folk just flare your animas if you need me to hurry up."

After a bit of searching and following the tug of their bond, he found his Mate. He flew down to where Tandus and his familiar were. "He's probably not going to like it here, but the caravan is heading back out of this aura, so I can take Ulilaka on an intercept course. It's about time for you to stay close to me, so if you want a ride." He lowered his posture for his mate to hold on, then he would grab the Tomb Lizard and take the two of them to their destinations.

5m uncommitted anima power: 88yards/tick: 176mph. I'll catch up in a few minutes at most. At which point, we can probably start running to the gates.

Rhyvurg
2015-11-20, 05:10 AM
"Okay, someone tell me what automatons are again because Iiiiiii... forgot. Are those the snake things or the red monkeys?"

kestrel404
2015-11-20, 08:46 AM
"Okay, someone tell me what automatons are again because Iiiiiii... forgot. Are those the snake things or the red monkeys?"

"Automatons are not demons. They're metal men." Elf pauses to consider. "And yes, there are also demons who are metal men, but Automatons are metal men who the first age exalted built, rather than being born straight from the imaginings of an inhuman being."

Elf climbs down from his Carriage, followed by his bodyguard, and the demon resting atop the coach floats down to join him, hovering behind and looming slightly - looking essentially like a bagpipe covered in thick smoke and weapons. "I think I'll leave my coach and mercenaries with your guards, if you don't mind? Safety in numbers and all that." Elf gives Fuji a friendly smile of camaraderie - a genuine one, if slightly forced due to the nearby mists affecting his essentially mortal mind more than the exalted around him.

Seanfall
2015-11-20, 09:57 AM
"As long as the Demons don't bother the others, they won't do anything." Fuji shrugged, or as much as he could in the armor. Any smile he could give would be hidden by the armor. "If no one objects, I'm gonna probe the city a little." Fuji starts walking closer to the city essence, invisible to the naked eye crackles through him as he brings up a protective charm.

Willpower: 8/8

Essence
Personal: 13/26
Peripheral: 66/66

5 Personal for Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver

Novabomb
2015-11-20, 11:28 AM
Seeker to Fuji:

Unless you plan on fighting through the defenders of the city, you may wish to doff your armor.

If your intent is break the guardians, those capable of fighting should go with you.

Rhyvurg
2015-11-20, 07:18 PM
Kel rolls his eyes. "AwwwWWW! I hate punching machines! They can't even feel it, it's so boring! There better be something in there that can appreciate how hard I'm going to be hitting it."

kestrel404
2015-11-21, 05:19 AM
"I would rather not see the city here we've come to rebuild and restore get demolished before we've even figured out how to get rid or this fog. If we can get past the city's guardians without smashing them to bits, they'll be a lot more useful later when they're guarding US."

Rhyvurg
2015-11-21, 04:58 PM
"Hey, if we can get through without having to fight I'm all for it, but I'm also willing to wager the Solars and Dragon Kings that built this place were smarter than we are, whatever we can think of, they probably did as well. But if you have some idea where the control for the defenses is, I bet I can jump there."

Novabomb
2015-11-21, 05:05 PM
Seeker

The primary controls of the city would likely be in the manse at the heart of the city. The source of the dissonance could be anywhere, but is likely near the center as well.

Seanfall
2015-11-21, 08:41 PM
Fuji got to take about two steps before the others chimed in, he suppressed a sigh and did a heel turn. "Very well, the majority has beaten me." He signals to Jade and asks her to get him Carriage or ask Cecil over. Before she joined the others in what must be a makeshift camp at this point. In the meantime he straightened up and the armor opened along the back, arms, and legs Fuji stepped out from behind it. Quickly taking Dawn's First Light back into his own hands, and inserting his Bloodstone into it.

It's likely one or two of those present haven't seen Fuji outside his armor. Least not for very long, he was built like a brick house, made of other smaller brick houses. He was currently in a simple Tunic colored white and gold, as Solar Essence had a habit of bleaching everything around it anyways. Along with a silk sash, which was the most expensive thing on him, a pair of sandals and baggy pants. He gave Dawn's First Light a spin before sending it to Elsewhere.

"I feel naked now."

Essence
Personal: 17/26

1 mote to send lance to Elsewhere

Going with what the others said in OOC and retconning that SMM use if no one objects.

Novabomb
2015-11-21, 10:04 PM
Seeker

Perhaps this will make you more comfortable.

TST makes a small gesture with his hand, and wave of green light emanates from him.
His anima shines purple, but a green light spreads out from beyond his anima.

TST spent 10 motes of peripheral essence to power his anima power.
(The exact effect is unclear as mentioned in the OOC thread, this either boosts MDV by 6, or makes everyone immune to the mental assalt)
Anima Banner: 10
Peripheral Pool: 46

girlwithsixarms
2015-11-22, 01:19 AM
Tandus tilts his head and smiles wearily at Cecil, "You have the entirely uncanny ability to appear always exactly as I need you. Yes, I think it maybe for the best if little Ulilaka stays outside the grip of this...miasma until its exact nature can be determined." Gracefully, Tandus extends his hand to take one of Cecil's while gesturing to Ulilaka to follow. "If you do not mind carrying us both, I shall accompany you to see Ulilaka safely to the caravan and thence to rejoin the others."

supernerd
2015-11-22, 06:18 AM
Cecil smiles, pulling the twilight close to him. "That's the plan. It's not often I get to rescue a damsel in distress" He stuck his tongue out, and hopefully Tandus could recognize what was left of his human expressions. A second arm picked up Ulilaka. Dropping him off at the caravan was simple enough, and the familiar was with the caravan in a few instants. "So I believe they're in the middle of deciding not to break all your new toys. But I think I'll be able to keep the wings."

He came upon a good sight, the gunshoza stepping from his previous live's armor. A sigh of relief came from the Moon Chosen's chest as he slowed to give Tandus a comfortable landing right on his feet. "So we've decided on the subtle approach, then? Wonderful. I'll still be able to carry everyone and get us there in a minute or two. We should be about four miles out from the actual city, and I'm not using that or that, and I'll want to return to humanish when we get closer, so yeah, somewhere between one and two minutes. Unless we need to go slow to rebuild Essence? Elf, you can keep up dematerialized, right?" He counted his abilities in his head with a finger and came to the result.

He went over to Spear of Hope, and put a hand on his shoulder having heard his line about feeling naked. "I know how you feel, but I've come to enjoy my times bare. It reminds me who I am without my toys. Though I guess it's more necessary to remind myself that I'm human than you. You don't turn into whatever this is because it suits your battle needs. If you need somewhere to put your armor, I've got space Elsewhere, just tell me when and I can drop it back for you."

Waiting to see the consensus on travel, he dismissed some of the unnecessary mutations. He was lucky they arrived when they did, and got their Sidereal's aid in protecting themselves from the aura.

Dismissing Toxin, Talons, Quills, Extra Arms x4 (I now have 6 arms)
Current:
Wood Adaptation
Lidless Demon Eye
Wings
Cheetah's Pace
Extra Arms x2
Enhanced Senses: Sight, Hearing, Smell

Seanfall
2015-11-23, 02:02 AM
"I'd appericate that thanks. Beats hauling it in. I'd leave it in Jade's care but I have feeling I'll need it inside. Besides unlike you I can't grow wings when I want." Fuji pats the armor before letting Cecil do his thing.

"So now that I'm not gonna be setting off the alarms with just my presence, shall we enter and get to work?"

Novabomb
2015-11-23, 08:49 AM
Seeker

Indeed.

kestrel404
2015-11-23, 09:02 AM
"Sounds like a plan. Though, I suppose that means my bodyguard should stay with the Caravan - he doesn't like to leave his weapons behind."

Elf's bodyguard moves back to the caravan. The demon(s) and the dematerialized Elf join the group - with the Exalt and his 'decoy' creepily occupying the same space, for those who can perceive both. When the Dematerialize charm is mentioned, the invisible Elf merely nods.

supernerd
2015-11-23, 02:17 PM
Cecil touched the suit of armor and sent it away. "No problem. Just shout when you need it." He watched Elf come out to the real world. "Eclipse, always the showmen." He lowered His torso and spread his wings. "Those of you that need a ride, please pick an arm or a place on my back. Tandus gets first pick. We should be at the gates in no more than a minute or so. I'll be returning to my first form mid flight, but these wings are separate, so don't worry about that."

If I release Beastman about halfway through, we'll be at the gates in just under 2min.
Many Pockets on Spear's Armor: Personal 24/24/26 (anima essence has regened by now).

Novabomb
2015-11-23, 11:28 PM
Seeker will take one on the opposite side from Elf.

Seanfall
2015-11-25, 03:12 PM
Fuji grabbed the nearest empty space, riding another Exalt, this was new. "You know...after over a Century of living, it's good to know there are still things I haven't experienced."

Rhyvurg
2015-11-25, 07:14 PM
Kel, not being one to burden himself with weapons and armor, mounts up as he is.

girlwithsixarms
2015-11-28, 09:50 AM
Tandus opts for one of Cecil's upper arms, so as to be able to converse with his bondmate easily. Turning to Fuji, he says "Do not worry, I believe you will find riding Cecil to be quite similar to the experience of riding any other many-armed flying Tyrant Lizard, Exalt or no."

Tandus spends 6 motes to activate All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight in preparation for the approach of Denandsor, using personal essence (22m remaining in that pool)

supernerd
2015-11-28, 10:09 AM
Cecil chuckled at the joke. "Yes, exactly the same. Save for the extra speed. And the fact that only Tandus rides. The rest of you are carried." He leaned his head over to his Bondmate, whispering as best he could, "I have to keep some pride."

zeone3000
2015-11-29, 07:32 PM
As the intrepid group come to a stop at the gate, they notice it is dead silent. No chirping of birds or bugs, even Spirits and the Dead are not present. Only the wind seems to exist in this city.

supernerd
2015-11-30, 12:39 AM
Cecil landed gently, setting down the Exalts with care and sloughing off the Eclipse's demon entourage. "Tandus, Do you think we can fix this? I hope we can. Now, if you don't mind, could you carry me for a while? I promise I won't weigh much. If I need to speak, I'll draw Old Realm sigils in your hand. I'm already used to writing with claws." He then dropped to the shape of a cat, dismissing his extra arms, but keeping his green glowing eye, wings, and other simple tweaks. The cat was an orange tabby, with overlays of brown and green from the aspectation of Wood. He hopped up of the ground and beat his wings, landing on the Twilight's shoulder and taking a perch. It wasn't the largest cat, and that was the point, so he wouldn't be scraping for ground.

Basically, 3m shift to cat, it'll save me an action to get locked into a trueform (DBT) should the need for action arise.

Dismiss Extra Arms

kestrel404
2015-11-30, 09:33 AM
The chill and the silence send a shiver through the solid Elf's spine. More disturbing is the...emptiness...clearly visible to the dematerialized Elusive Legislator of Fortune. Everywhere in creation, spirits, gods, elementals and other incorporeal beings are everywhere - in endless number and variety, so much part of the landscape that their presence is essentially taken for granted even by those capable of perceiving them easily.

For them to be entirely missing...was as disorienting and odd as the outer reaches of the Wyld.

In the physical world, Elf relays his other-self's mental words. "This place is more dead than the Underworld. Whatever this 'fog' is, it has pushed even the gods from their proper places here." He pauses and looks around at the group, "Who's going in first?"

Seanfall
2015-11-30, 12:12 PM
Fuji crossed his arms and nodded. "No gods huh? Is that why it feels so wrong?" Fuji uncrossed his arms and took a few steps forward stopping just at the city's border. Looking over his shoulder he nods once before taking a final step into the city proper.

Essence
Personal: 17/26

If I need to roll Awareness I have Surprise Anticipation Method to invoke.

Rhyvurg
2015-11-30, 03:36 PM
Kel walks towards the gate slowly, one of the rare moments he's truly unnerved. "What kind of enemies did the First Age have that required this kind of defense?"

Novabomb
2015-11-30, 05:28 PM
Seeker

As I mentioned earlier, this is not a defense system for the city. If you must know, the enemies that descended on the city shortly before the cataclysm were raksha.

Rhyvurg
2015-12-01, 02:46 AM
"And they are...?"

girlwithsixarms
2015-12-01, 09:48 AM
Tandus shakes his head, "It would be easier to say what they aren't. The Raksha are not...real, in the sense that reality for them is a mere suggestion. Their power is that they can tell reality what they want it to do, and be reasonably sure that it will listen. Their danger is that they are not human, nor Exalt, nor any child of Creation, and their whims are both alien and cruel.

supernerd
2015-12-01, 09:56 AM
Cecil hopped down and held himself aloft while drawing sigils on Tandus' hand. "And then you have Lunars who eat them and get that power too. I hear it can make better claws. Always love me some better claws. However, we have work to do. I think." He then flew over the city line, calling for Tandus to follow.

Seanfall
2015-12-01, 03:56 PM
Fuji shouts out to Kel. "Think of them as walking fairy tails, were every story ends with the girl getting eaten. They're ever hungry maws wrapped in a thin veneer of reality. Kill them on sight, don't think don't speak to them just...start taking as many of them out as you can."

kestrel404
2015-12-01, 05:11 PM
Elf looks rather indignant at that response. "Now, now. Sure, they're dangerous, but so are Dragonblooded exalts - are we to kill all of those that we meet? The Raksha are not human - but in much the same way that Demons are not human, and they're just as useful under the right circumstances. My advice, Kel, since everyone here seems to be offering it, is to carry a bit of cold iron and not be afraid to kill them - but also be willing to talk. Don't play their games, and your normal practice of challenging people to contests may well see the warriors among them trying to feed on that drive, but unless they're using mortals as playthings or wreaking havoc on the countryside, you can leave them be or even make deals with them. Just don't trust them - they love making solemn oaths, and then play at breaking the spirit of them without breaking the letter."

This speech helps to calm the material Elf's nerves, and he walks in the middle of the pack as they enter the forbidding city.

Seanfall
2015-12-02, 10:09 PM
Fuji bristled, they've had this conversation before. It got heated, he had to respect that Elf wasn't willing to back down to him. It's not everyone whose willing to stare down a mountain covered in Orichalcum. Right now, starting an argument in a city that reacts to Hostile intention, seemed a supremely bad idea. "We'll pick this conversation back up at a later date."

Novabomb
2015-12-02, 10:13 PM
Seeker
TST considers presenting his own answer, but reconsiders. Trying to explain the supernatural to Kel beyond "go punch that thing" is usually an exercise in futility.

Instead he says:

If we see one, I shall point it out to you, that you may know it.

zeone3000
2015-12-03, 07:57 PM
At the gate, a pair of aforementioned guards watch the gate. They don't budge, even with the presence of demons. Which was a common occurrence during the First Age.

supernerd
2015-12-03, 09:11 PM
Cecil glances at both guards, then turns around and looks expectantly at Tandus, pulling one ear down with a paw, and throwing his head back in a motion to follow. He then casually flies through the the city, taking the lead for now, being the closest to combat ready. Over the course of a few minutes, he would gravitate towards Tandus, if the Twilight didn't do so first.

Initial Sorcerer's Sight rolls:
Streets/buildings[roll0] + Stunt? [roll1]
Guardians[roll2] + Stunt? [roll3]
More will be rolled as directed.

Rhyvurg
2015-12-03, 09:18 PM
Kel's eyes are locked on the guards, but his mind is still elsewhere. "But how can I keep the iron cold? It has to warm back up at some point."

Novabomb
2015-12-03, 09:32 PM
Seeker just walks by the guards as if they weren't there. He chuckles internally at Kel's question.

zeone3000
2015-12-05, 07:43 PM
The Empty City lights up under the essence fueled eyes of the moon child. Many of the statues glow, revealing their magical nature as essence seems to collect within them. Some easier than others. Though, what really catches Cecil's eyes is certain pattern that leads to the heart of the city through the streets.

supernerd
2015-12-05, 08:03 PM
Cecil looked around the city, and flew back to report to Tandus. "I bet you already see it, but my Sorcerer's Sight is saying that there's something weird at the center of the city. I'm going to check it out. Come at your own pace, and don't get killed. It doesn't seem like there's anthing dangerous, so I'll come and get you if I need your expertise." The closest thing Cecil had to sorcery was Alchemy, and not to mention the crafting of wonders, but the winged cat clad in a breastplate, bracers and a collar of Moonsilver flew off towards the city's center.

I'm approx. 60mph right now, for the record, and Tandus is likely to share it with the group anyways.

Seanfall
2015-12-05, 11:36 PM
"Is that wise going off in the city alone?" Fuji asked looking to Tandus, "Won't he leave the area of the Protective aura?"

Novabomb
2015-12-06, 10:38 PM
Despite not being the one the questions are addressed to Seeker answers.

No, and Yes respectively.

kestrel404
2015-12-07, 01:15 PM
"We should definitely stick together as a group - at least until we have a reasonable threat assessment of this place."

Elf carefully examines the surrounding buildings beyond the gate, in both the material and immaterial realms.

zeone3000
2015-12-07, 06:31 PM
Elf finds a few a tombs that only reside in the immaterial word, home to the resting bodies of Exalted.

girlwithsixarms
2015-12-07, 11:21 PM
"Cecil has many sterling qualities, however taking the slow route to a potentially dangerous mystery is rarely one of them. Not that I object, mind you, since that is how we met in the first place. Nevertheless, he did mention 'something weird' at the city's core and given the set of standards my dear bondmate is working with, I feel it would be advisable to follow him at our best pace. I agree with Master Elf that we may also wish to stay together in the event of anything untoward."

Tandus takes a deep breath and considers the miasma for a moment.

"Anything more untoward."

Tandus activates All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight and Temptation Resisting Stance

kestrel404
2015-12-09, 08:46 AM
"There are a few...hidden tombs around here - but that sort of thing should probably wait until we've claimed the city and have our guards in place. Otherwise, I don't see anything interesting enough to keep us here - let's follow Cecil at our best pace. Perhaps we'll catch up in time to dig him out of whatever trap he gets himself caught in."

Seanfall
2015-12-09, 12:45 PM
Fuji walked in relative silence. But this place was starting to get to him, the lack of ambient sounds. So use to being in the Bastion or hearing the sounds of the world around him. The empty nature of the city was unnerving him. "There really is nothing in this city, I think that is what kept people out. The miasma is deadly, but this...this is what would keep me out. The Unnerving...nothing." He was tempted to exercise his essence and check for any signs of life, but thought better of it. A waste of Essence after learning about the Miasma.

Novabomb
2015-12-09, 10:16 PM
Seeker

There is us, and that will be enough for now. Let us be on our way.

Rhyvurg
2015-12-10, 12:42 AM
"Is the miasma what's keeping spirits out? If we get rid of it, they could very well come flooding back, and not all friendly. Perhaps we should speak to local gods before we change anything here."

kestrel404
2015-12-10, 09:07 AM
"Ah, well, that's part of why I brought as many demons with me as I did. Properly bound, a demon can take over the role of administration in the spirit realm usually taken by a god - at least in the short term. Under normal conditions, heaven finds out about this very, very quickly - and usually send someone powerful to deal with the issue...but in this case they are already used to silence from Denandsor, and should not notice the lack of reports. I plan to use my own summoned mist-demon to wrap the border of the old mist, so to unaugmented eyes the place will look unchanged, while bound demons take up posts just within the borders of the mist and...discourage other spirits from filtering back into the city uninvited. Then, we can find elementals and gods with favorable attitudes towards the Exalted of the Sun to take up roles and report to us, rather than to Yu-Shan."

Novabomb
2015-12-10, 11:49 PM
Truth

On that note, I took the liberty of collecting a small pool of spirits who may fit your needs.

(Pulls a scroll out of his robes, and passes it to Fuji)

Feel free to interview them yourselves, but do let me know which ones you eventually pick, so that certain paperwork can be temporarily misplaced.

Seanfall
2015-12-11, 10:27 AM
Fuji, seemed to visibly calm himself once Elf mentions putting Demons in the place of Least gods. However once he has the list of actual gods, he really does seem to relax. "How many gods will the city really need? Come to think of it, does the Bastion have it's own least god at this point?" The second question was more to himself.

Fuji unrolled the Scroll he has handed and went over the names.

zeone3000
2015-12-14, 11:37 AM
As would be expected in a city so fascinated with design and craft, the center structure is one of supreme elegance in flawless harmony with the flow of Essence through the city and the surrounding lands. Its superlative geomantic profile is reflected in the fact that its garden has grown huge and lush since the Contagion, a primeval forest behind walls. Its ponds still contain large, healthy water lilies and thriving populations of koi.

supernerd
2015-12-19, 10:38 PM
Cecil flew back to the sorcerer, and began writing on the ground. "Well, I've only just made it here, those koi were very distracting, so I've not been able to give the building more than a once over. I can only see what you probably already knew. The center is the kind of Manse only rivaled by the Poles."

Rhyvurg
2015-12-20, 12:28 AM
"Any sign of obvious defenses? Soldiers, weapons?"

Novabomb
2015-12-21, 12:33 AM
Seeker
walks up to the entrance of the manse, and slowly massages the door frame, while running his eyes over the edges. As he does so, he obviously expends essence and his totem appears: A purple stylized eye.

Looking for traps: (Perception + Larceny) Spending a peripheral mote on the first excellency
[roll0]

kestrel404
2015-12-21, 01:24 PM
Elf watches the exalts in their search. However in the dematerialized realm, the other Elf examines the surroundings with a closer eye - looking at the mentioned Koi, and also examining the depths of the Koi pond - to see what is 'below' it.

zeone3000
2015-12-30, 08:51 PM
No obvious sentries or weapons beyond more guardians.

The door is elegant and embossed, doesn't look to be trapped.

Elf sees many rooms below the manse but can't see through them.

Novabomb
2015-12-31, 01:09 AM
Seeker knocks on the manse door. If he gets no reply, he attempts to open the door.

supernerd
2015-12-31, 01:15 AM
Cecil also waits for a response, and on no response, tries the door alongside him. If there were no traps to be found, then they might as well try.

zeone3000
2016-01-02, 11:31 PM
Unsurprisingly, no one answers and the door is locked.

supernerd
2016-01-04, 01:58 AM
Cecil drew in the ground. "Do we break everything or does someone know what kind of lock we have here? I can pick a lock fairly easily, but it may not be that kind of lock."

Rhyvurg
2016-01-04, 05:27 AM
"We could try to find another way, they had windows back then. Um, right?"

Seanfall
2016-01-04, 04:44 PM
"Yes, different style then today though. Not that I'm qualified to comment on Ancient Solar Architecture."

girlwithsixarms
2016-01-04, 10:01 PM
"I assure you not only did they have windows, but they had windows of a beauty and glory never seen before or since. So before we contemplate breaking one, perhaps we may consider that there is more to this door than there appears."

Tandus peers at the door, considering it closely.

Tandus examines the door sorcerously (occult + intelligence, per All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight)
[roll0]
12d10
and with the eye of an historian well versed in the Many Many Glories of the First Age (perception + lore + specialty: First Age + Past Lives)
[roll1]
20d10

Rhyvurg
2016-01-05, 06:50 AM
"Well now I want to jump up there just to see these amazing windows."

kestrel404
2016-01-06, 10:38 AM
Having already determined that the manse is not impassable from the immaterial realm, the Elusive Legislator of Fortune attempts to peer beyond the door and see if there are any easy ways to open it from the other side.

zeone3000
2016-01-07, 11:31 PM
Tandus can tell that this is structure of supreme elegance in flawless harmony with the flow of Essence through the city and the surrounding lands. Its superlative geomantic profile is reflected in the fact that its garden has grown huge and lush since the Contagion, a primeval forest behind walls. Its ponds still contain large, healthy water lilies and thriving
populations of koi. Also, that the manse is Earth aspected.

There is in fact is but there is also a pair of Guardians on the other side.

kestrel404
2016-01-10, 03:02 PM
Noting the presence of handles on the other side of the door, the Immaterial Elf steps through, waits for a moment to see if the Guardians will react to his immaterial presence (if they do, he retreats back through the door at this point, but continues with his plan).

Outside, visible Elf says, "I'm going to try opening the door from the other side. It's guarded - so we might be attacked. But the machines will be distracted." Then, the Immaterial Elf runs between and behind the two Guardians.

zeone3000
2016-01-21, 12:33 AM
It would seem they don't react to the Quicksilver Falcon's immaterial presence.

kestrel404
2016-01-27, 10:44 AM
With an order to 'come in and open the doors' to the still-immaterial Anuhles, the immaterial Elusive Legislator stands confidently before the immobile automata. Then, with a clap of his hands and the sound of tinkling bells, he invokes Welcoming the Uninvited Guest (3m, peripheral) to appear before the door guards. With the weight of authority in his voice and in Old Realm, he demands of them, "Both of you. State your standing orders."

Meanwhile, the Anuhles demon slips in behind him and materializes, attempting to unlock and open the front doors from inside - a task which Elf sincerely hopes it finds trivial.

zeone3000
2016-02-02, 11:54 PM
Seemingly ignoring Elf, the two automata spring into action as the door is unlocked and opened by the demon.

supernerd
2016-02-05, 03:04 AM
Cecil snickers as he moves faster than the Solars. When the door is opened, he darts inside on the wing, preparing to respond should his presence be unwanted. Once inside, he would look for some sort of control panel where he or Tandus might be able to convince the city to stand down.

Guard: Abort if attack by Guard B is imminent for Instruction in Spirit and (then most likely) Hungry Eagle Method.
Do Automatons count as Valor 0 for Instruction in Spirit's DV buff?
Reflexive Move into the manse. Quick look for a control panel.
Perception+Awareness: [roll0]
Edit: Speed 3(Abort at any time) DV-0
DDV:10(will be 13 or more if attacked)
PDV:8(Will be 11 or more if attacked)

kestrel404
2016-02-05, 04:53 AM
Elf is mildly annoyed that the Automatons ignore his attempt at distraction, but they are machines. He watches their movements with his exceptional understanding of tactics to see what sort of threat these machines really pose, while coordinating his demon-servant's with single-word codes and warning his allies of the guardian's strengths. The spider is to evade and retreat, while the Tomescu grabs his mortal clone and comes inside.

3m, reflexive. No roll, I just get to know which of Automaton B's combat-related stats are rated 6+. If it's a short list, add "good at ..." to the command words I give the demons. Otherwise a simple, "powerful combatants".

girlwithsixarms
2016-02-06, 05:54 PM
Tandus watches his bondmate dart off as the automata turn their attentions towards the unlucky demon who had door duty. While Tandus is used to Cecil running towards him when a situation turns dangerous, his trust in his bondmate is absolute and Tandus prepares to follow Cecil's lead - and more importantly, follow Cecil.

Crouching down in a position that makes him look like nothing so much as a monstrously large black praying mantis, Tandus launches himself in a wide arc around the edge of the room, giving the impending conflict a wide berth until he can edge through the door behind Cecil.

Guard
Speed 3 / DV Penalty 0
DDV 13
PDV so low it's not even worth using (3)

zeone3000
2016-02-06, 07:57 PM
Cecil has no luck spotting a control panel of any type in the vicinity.

Elf relays they are good at evading, unarmed and armed combat.

Tick Order

3 - Rhvurg, Cecil
4 - Guardian B, Elf (Ex)
5 - Tomescu, Tandus
6 - Novabomb, Anuhles, Elf (Clone), Guard A

Rhyvurg
2016-02-09, 07:25 AM
"IT'S PUUUUUUUUUNCH TIIIIIIIIIIME!"

Kel leaps through the door, giving the automaton on his right the gift of his undivided attention. He couches low, balling up his left fist. He'd been neglecting it lately, Lefty deserved the first shot today. Golden light coalesced around his arm, like a gauntlet made for a giant. A jet ofpower burns behind it, straining to fly forward, held back only by Kel's will. When he releases it, the impact explodes the road dust from his clothes, as well as ten millennia of grime from the automaton.

Second Martial arts Excellency, 9 motes
Knockout Blow, 4 motes
Heaven Thunder Hammer, 2 motes
[roll0] Attack+9 automatic successes
If extra successes multiplied by 6 (Kel's essence) are greater than the target's remaining health levels, it's incapacitated.
[roll1] Base damage
If the roll is bad, I'll be using Third Excellency to reroll the attack in the OOC thread.

supernerd
2016-02-09, 05:33 PM
Cecil chuckled and took a stance, moving to be in rhe face of the remaining Automaton. Surely it would likely avoid him, but there was not much else he could do, what with the necessity of directing essence flows. He hoped that things wouldn't have to burst out too far. Cecil's tattoos flowed through the mask of this body.

Instruction in Spirit: 6m Peripheral: 72/72/78/96: 6m active
Wasp Sting Blur: 6m Personal: 18/24/26
Speed 3, DV-1:
DDV 9 base
PDV 10 base

zeone3000
2016-02-10, 12:26 AM
The guardian is blasted back in an explosion of golden dust nineteen yards and crumples like a ragdoll, unmoving.

Tick Order

4 - Elf (Ex)
5 - Tomescu, Tandus
6 - Cecil, Novabomb, Anuhles, Elf (Clone), Guard A
8 - Kel

Their Parry DV is 6, 12L/15B for easy calculations.

kestrel404
2016-02-10, 09:29 AM
Content that the situation is stable for the moment, the immaterial Elf watches for possible reinforcements.

Guard, DV-0, N ticks. Keeping my eyes on the various angles of approach for mobile traps or other automatons.

Moments later, the Tomescu uses its Bow and Hammer limbs to 'gently' pincer the material Elf and drag him through the doors to one side. The clone, expecting this, does not resist.

The Anuhles will relinquish its brief physical existence and dodge into the manse's interior.

Tomescu - Grapple (unresisted, not rolling), Speed 6, DV-2 (I think), combined with movement.
Anuhles - Misc Action to dematerialize, Speed 6, DV-1, combined with movement.
The clone also guards.

Novabomb
2016-02-10, 06:19 PM
Truth will guard, and enter the manse, with the complete faith that the others will deal with the golems.

zeone3000
2016-02-11, 11:47 PM
The guard attacks the only being to take an offensive action of yet and also the closes, Kel. It draws and attacks in a wide arc, aiming to bisect the Exalt from hip to shoulder but misses by mere centimeters due to drawing and having to readying its sword.

Rhyvurg
2016-02-12, 03:13 AM
Not wanting to repeat himself, Kel chooses a different method of perfected fisticuffs as h turns on the second automaton. Instead of a single reality-cracking strike, he throws a blinding series of punches into the guardian's midsection. "AhhhhTATATATATATATATATA!"

Hammer on Iron Technique, 3M 1WP
Speed 5
Essence +3 (9) attacks, no extra action penalties, DV penalty only equal to that of the highest attack (-1)
[roll0] Attack 1
[roll1] Attack 2
[roll2] Attack 3
[roll3] Attack 4
[roll4] Attack 5
[roll5] Attack 6
[roll6] Attack 7
[roll7] Attack 8
[roll8] Attack 9

supernerd
2016-02-13, 12:47 PM
Cecil snickers at the Sun Chosen's impressive flurry that ends up losing out to fine construction. Perhaps there is something to do after all. He shoves Essence through his anima, forcing himself into a true form, and what form could be truer than the one he crafted himself. He sent out a few motes, and waves of Moonsilver flowed out to cover his claws. He flew out at the guardian that was in their way. With luck, they wouldn't need to break more. "Why don't I give it a try!" Cecil took into the grooves in the Automaton's construction and tore it apart with his silvery claws.

Unfortunately, I can't benefit from the massive Onslaught that Kel put in, by I will probably be able to get at least most of it's remaining health down.
Reflexive: Soldier Bee Emulation Extraction: 4m Peripheral 68/68/78/96 10m Active
Force shift to DBT: commit 1+3m to Claws of the Silvermoon (gift: damage /2) + Arsenal of Moonsilver Shards: Personal 20/24/26
Knock of the last two dice of the attacks if I'm not allowed to force shift into War Form, and then knock 5m from my personal essence.
Four Attacks: 1m Personal for Stentorian Challenge (16/24), +6raw damage. Flurry -1,-2,-3,-4(Extra Arms reduces Flurry penalties by 3 (sets of active arms)) Base Damage is 25L/2
[roll0]22: 16 Threshold
[roll1]19: 14 Threshold
[roll2]33: 29 Threshold (yowza!)
[roll3]21: 18 Threshold

Oh, Speed 5, -4 DV:
DDV: 9
PDV(Punch): 12

zeone3000
2016-02-14, 09:13 AM
Luna's Warrior tears into the automata with focused fury and leaves nothing but hunks of metal in it wakes.

supernerd
2016-02-14, 06:41 PM
Cecil landed on the floor, walking forward and drawing closer to the ground, letting his anima fade. Still, he looked far from human, his hair reminiscent of vines and his skin green flecked with brown, still with six arms and claws, and legs that looked like they came from a claw strider. He left his tattoos ablaze as he walked around. "That's how you do it! As impressive as a Solar flurry can be, you still need to back your blows with force when dealing with metals." He turned to his bondmate, taking his hand briefly. "Tandus, I didn't see any control panels at first glance in this room. Would you like to search around yourself or should we try to find where all this miasma is coming from?"

1m personal to shift to human. fortunately, Shifting is Misc, so flurryable, and it's likely that there isn't an elder exalt to fight. Leaving Soldier Bee Emulation Extraction up.
I have 26 min to full if we stay active.

girlwithsixarms
2016-02-14, 10:21 PM
Tandus grasps one of Cecil's hands, pressing his lips to it gently. "As always, it is both a pleasure and an honor to watch you stave off our imminent demise."

Turning his attention to the inside of the manse, Tandus considers his options. "It would be unlikely for a manse's control panel to be directly at its entrance - we are far more likely to find what we are looking for in the hearthroom. As to the question of prioritization, we may not have to choose. If the source of the miasma is within the city rather than a remotely controlled effect, then this manse at the very center of Denandsor is as good a place as any to begin our investigation."

supernerd
2016-02-15, 02:22 AM
Cecil smiled wide, his cheeks turning a rusty color. One of his free hands ran through his hair. "It was nothing. But thank you." Another hand, his left original, touched his collar necklace. "It's an honor and a pleasure to have you fight by my side." The Lunar took a deep breath. "I suppose it's too big of a manse to be so kind. Stick close to me, and I'll shield you if anything more happens, though it's more like me sticking close to you. If the source of the miasma is local, I don't think that it's a Shadowland to be cleansed, the feel isn't quite the same, but if we're lucky there's some spell or the like coming from the manse itself that can be removed."

Rhyvurg
2016-02-15, 05:15 AM
Kel looks at his hands, confused. He bangs one against a wall and shakes it next to his ear, as if listening for something. "Must be malfunctioning..."

supernerd
2016-02-15, 05:46 AM
Cecil chuckles at Kel's "broken" fists. "Not quite. Using magic to fuel your punches snowballs. That is, using that excellency on top of Solar Hero charms on that first hit resulted in a crashing display, while that last barrage consisted of attacks that were just barely superhuman on their own.

"When fighting someone in armor, one giant blow is often better than many blows that pale in comparison to the Sun's full power. I had to learn that along the way. You wear Kata Bracers, yes? So if you'd taken the stance of the Solar Hero, like I invoked the Instruction in Spirit, That guardian would have been long gone before I had chance to respond." He holds a hand to his chin. "I do not mean to condescend, it's just I thought I could help. Every blow is potential, and you need to use that."

Seanfall
2016-02-15, 01:55 PM
Fuji walks in behind the others, it seems he was rather slow on the Draw this time. "Apologies for my lack of action, but it seemed to have been well in hand." He gives a self depreciating laugh, "Though I think Dawn's First Light would be upset it didn't get a chance to taste battle. Anyways lets see what we can find in this abandoned manse."

Fuji begins to search the entrance for any kind of map, or guide of some kind to make navigating it easier.

Perception +Awareness to Search, using First Awareness Excellency (4m Peri)
[roll0] 6 Suxx.

zeone3000
2016-02-15, 08:21 PM
Fuji's search reveals nothing. As an owner of a few manses, he knows how of a liability it would be to lead an enemy right to where it needs to be.

Elf does recall that there was a few rooms underground.

Seanfall
2016-02-16, 03:32 AM
Fuji sighs at the fruitlessness of his search. "Alright, I know this line has lead to the death of many an adventurer. And is probably considered a Curse by some. But...I think we might need to split up."

"Gang."

kestrel404
2016-02-16, 04:13 AM
"I'm not sure splitting up immediately is the best idea - what I know about Geomancy suggests that, unless this manse was built to be especially confusing, we should be able to find its heart by simply examining the architecture. And once we have reached that, we will be able to find out quite a bit about its layout. Of course, that will also likely be the most heavily defended spot."

The material Elf speaks up as the immaterial Elf fades from sight once more.

supernerd
2016-02-16, 07:52 AM
Cecil nodded. "Let's split only when we have to. Though I suppose you want your armor back?"

Rhyvurg
2016-02-17, 05:49 AM
"We should keep it simple. This place was built by human beings, so no matter what it will have some form of logic to it. If we can find the plumbing we can find the bathrooms. And nobody wants a long walk to the bathroom, so at least one of them should be close to whatever central control this place has. And if that control isn't at the highest place in the structure, then there will likely be some kind of observation or recreation area there, because why wouldn't there be? And that means there could be a bathroom, which gives us a starting point for the plumbing thing. I like this plan, it'll work."

zeone3000
2016-02-17, 09:04 PM
Ignoring Kel's 'suggestion', Elf uses his great intellect, knowledge and demons, with remarkable success. He finds the hearthroom in very little time. It is very earthy, with rock formations, gems lining white jade pillars, sand and in the center of it all is a rough, round brown stone sitting on a tiny mountain.

kestrel404
2016-02-18, 04:00 AM
Using his intangibility and multiple perspectives to his greatest advantage, Elf will scour both the landscape around Denandsor (thanks to reports from the mist-demon now taking up a significant portion of said landscape) and the nearby rooms to get a truly unique perspective on the geomancy of the manse, and use his intuition to point where the most sublime location for the Hearthstone Chamber to have been constructed would be.

Having found his goal, Elf will begin to study the Hearthstone room while his clone and material demon lead the rest of the group to it through the manse.

Seanfall
2016-02-18, 08:20 PM
Before they start walking, Fuji will step back into his armor. Sighing in relief feeling like he's finally back in his own skin. "Lets hope that doesn't trigger anything now that we're in the heart of the city." His voice was slightly modulated due to the armor.

Rhyvurg
2016-02-19, 02:14 AM
Kel shrugs. "If it was me I'd have designed any extra security to activate if the gate guards go down. Speaking of which, once we control the manse can those things be repaired? I know I kind of...shattered one, but I'm just asking. All the parts should still be around. Somewhere."

girlwithsixarms
2016-02-20, 01:54 PM
"Well, it is possible that the manse has innate maintenance functions, but there's no way to be certain of that until we have throughly examined its hearthroom. Regardless, I would likely be able to repair the automata manually - although I do not believe that would be the most effective use of my time."

Tandus takes one of Cecil's hands as they follow Elf's mirror through the manse and turns to his bondmate "It is unlikely that the city is a shadowland, although were it so the remedy would be relatively simple, if time consuming. I suspect that this miasma is of sorcerous origins, in which case we will likely need to locate the source of its emanation before I can effectively defuse it.

Novabomb
2016-02-20, 11:52 PM
Seeker

Hmm, I would have expected some controls here. Perhaps they are hidden?
I hope it is not one of those verbal triggers, they are always annoying.

He proceeds to search the room starting with any central furniture, then moving to the walls. You can see just the slightest bit of purple light coming out of his fingers as he taps various pieces of the room.

(Spends 2 motes peripheral on 2nd investigation excellency for a success)
PERCEPTION+INVESTIGATION
[roll0]

zeone3000
2016-02-21, 12:10 AM
Seeker's impressive investigation turns up nothing sadly except for exquisite the hearthroom truly is and that the manse is actually a refitted Solar aspected manse.

You can have a stunt die though,

Seanfall
2016-02-21, 12:18 AM
Fuji took in the massive chamber, when he spotted the Automata his guard was up. But he didn't yet return Dawn's First Light to his hand. "Kel may have a point, about re-checking this Citie's security. If their not reacting to someone in Celestial Power Armor I would question how well calibrated it truly is." Fuji still moves ahead of the group, intending to be the first thing attacked if they did spring to live.

Rhyvurg
2016-02-21, 04:24 AM
"No visible controls. Unless someone says no, I'm just going to start touching everything in the room, see what happens."

supernerd
2016-02-21, 06:00 AM
Cecil looked over the Hearthstone quickly, trying to judge it's abilities through the Essence sight that he had almost grown accustomed to. It was strange to think that some days, he spent more time viewing essence flows than he did not. With what came of this place, it was likely that the Dragonblooded had not let this place remain aspected to the sun; their pride taking precedent in many matters.

He looked to Tandus as the sorcerer went on his musing. "Perhaps, though there is the curiosity of the control room versus the hearthstone chamber. Most manses I've seen would likely place them together and synchronize the geomancy. So if the miasma does issue from here, then would it flow from the nexus of all Essence from the demense or from the control room, where all things are projected. In either case, I do not think that anything adverse to the equipment would come from trying to part any sorceries woven in either key room. Nothing more than an easily withstood backlash."

He looked over the automatons as they passed, in search of the control room. "Maybe they were only set to guard on a trigger. After all, the previous only attacked those who struck first or interfered with their status quo. Perhaps it naturally trusts the sun. I would say that touching them should be fine, so long as it's not another Essence based punch. That being said, I think we should prepare if we intend to interfere with something important.

"If anyone wants help in searching, I've got Eagle's Eye Potions. Or potions to enhance the virtues if you use those." Cecil eyes a potion from his bag, then downs it and assumes his aggressive stance from before.

Sorcerer's Sight: [roll0] + Stunt [roll1] lol I get "level 5 Hearthstone" Still get the stunt, but not worth the WP to fully identify. (though WP is not an issue for me at all)
Taking a Tiger Heart Elixir.
Personal Essence: Instruction In Spirit, assuming that we take a little bit to walk around.

kestrel404
2016-02-21, 06:04 AM
Elf points at the squad of automata calmly not attacking anyone yet and says, "No."

Rhyvurg
2016-02-21, 08:48 AM
Kel's hands drop to his sides. "Aww..."

girlwithsixarms
2016-02-21, 12:58 PM
Tandus breathes a sigh of relief as Elf smoothly prevents Kel from possibly dooming them all. He closes his eyes and inhales meditatively, activating All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight while he does so. Opening his eyes again, he says "It is my belief that we will be best served by first locating and deactivating the source of the miasma before further attempting to control the manse. If nothing else, it will give us far more favorable conditions in which to work and allow our associates to join us within the city. Pursuant to that, it behooves us to discover the exact nature of the miasma."

With that, Tandus begins his examination of the essence flows of the manse, ignoring the blazes of power from his fellow exalts and attempting to divine which, if any, correlate to the miasma that permeates the city.

All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight 6m (peripheral, 65/22 remaining)
First Occult Excellency 12m (peripheral, 53/22 remaining)

Occult+Perception (+12 dice using First Occult Excellency) [roll0]

Not sure if the sorcery specialty is applicable, so rolling that separately [roll1]

kestrel404
2016-02-22, 06:31 AM
"Well, it's pretty clear that whoever was in charge at the end set these automata to guard the most vital points in the manse - and they don't seem to be immediately violent if we don't bother them. I suggest that we look for more large groupings of automata as a start in our investigation - if it's heavily guarded, it's probably important."

Rhyvurg
2016-02-22, 11:58 AM
"Be careful though, we can't be sure what might set them off."

kestrel404
2016-02-22, 12:29 PM
Elf looks at Kel with a thoughtful expression, and then grins. "How do you feel about a foot-race against untiring, first-age machines?"

It takes the pseudo-mortal only a few seconds to relay his creator's plan.

supernerd
2016-02-22, 01:05 PM
"That sounds like the best fun ever. Would this work with two racers?"

Seanfall
2016-02-22, 05:21 PM
Fuji taps his helmet, and channels Essence into it. The Visor lights up on his side ancient runes lighting around it on the outside. Granting him Essence Sight, due to the coating on the lens, A mix of Orichalcum, Starmetal, and Soulsteel. Enabling Fuji to see unmanifested spirits, ghosts, living beings and enchanted objects as glowing presences. As all this came online, Fuji was able to see the same Essence flows that others of his circle were already viewing.

"There we are, now I'm on the same page as you all." He turns his eye towards the others. "What's this about racing Automata?"

Rhyvurg
2016-02-22, 07:13 PM
Kel perks up. "YEA-waaaaaaait, how fast are they? Because if they're not fast then what's the point?"

Novabomb
2016-02-23, 10:47 PM
Truth speaks up,
Keep in mind, that I will not be able to keep up which mean you will forfeit my protection. Checking for large collections of automata is a reasonable idea, but perhaps we would be better served by seeking out the writings of the leadership shortly before the fall.

supernerd
2016-02-29, 11:44 AM
"Well if we're going to do something else, can we just do it?" Cecil looks at the real Elf with his third eye. "I mean, are there any special rooms? Any rooms above or below here that are technically at the center? Any rooms that have things that are interesting in them? You were able to sift through everywhere, right?" He looked back to the Seeker "If you can find offices, then go ahead and take us to your beloved papers, but I just don't want to sit here where I could be doing something."

That Valor 7 got me restless, tho.

kestrel404
2016-03-01, 08:34 AM
The immaterial Elf shakes his head, while the material clone speaks up. "We just followed the geomantic clues directly to this central room - I was hoping that the controls for the manse were here. That's usually where they would be. Now...we're just going to have to search the old-fashioned way, unless someone has a charm or spell that will make this easy. And since no one has piped up yet, I'll assume not. That was why I brought up using Kel as a distraction - if we start snooping through every room in the manse, we will undoubtedly gain the hostile attention of SOME of the automata - and once that happens, it's likely to draw more and more. He's probably the best suited to keep hundreds of first-age death machines distracted...without destroying lots of them."

The immaterial Elf begins a spiral search away from the group - ignoring walls, floors, ceilings or other inconvenient obstacles. The hearthstone chamber is the center of the manse - hopefully all the important stuff is nearby. The clone addresses the others, "But for now, we'll need to search room by room until we find something worth finding. What do you think, stay as a group, or split up?"

Rhyvurg
2016-03-01, 04:18 PM
"Pairs would be better, we have no idea what we might run into here. One of us alone could find trouble we can't handle."

Novabomb
2016-03-01, 06:33 PM
Seeker
I am mostly here in an advisory capacity. I do not mind searching independently, if that is your desire, but you will lose my protection if we split. He turns to Fuji, clearly expecting him to give an answer.

Seanfall
2016-03-01, 07:25 PM
Fuji was looking around the room as the others spoke. He was still paying attention, "Splitting into pairs sounds like more efficient way to search. It's more dangerous, but we need to bring down that miasma before we do anything else. We just need a way to...send up a warning flare if our group gets into too much trouble. I think we all have charms or spells to protect against the Miasma's affects. My knowledge of first Age technology isn't very wide reaching. So I will go by whatever is decided. But I am favor of Pairs or even just two groups."

supernerd
2016-03-01, 11:47 PM
Cecil nods. "Pairs seems best, that way none is caught alone. Kel and I expended a fair ammount of essence, but I think we've taken long enough getting here and talking that we should be operating at full now." As he speaks, he shifts to his warform. He looks to Tandus. "Unless You wish to leave the other levels to the immaterial Elf, then I would like to look for stairs. If only because we don't have many leads with the hearth room off the table. I may have to shrink down some so that I can fit through corridors unless they kept all of the high ceilings. Unless you would rather me look after someone else, I think I'll use the Mastiff charm now, just in case." He looked to the group. "I have the ability to guard myself against the miasma should Elf's charm have to be forsaken, And Tandus is more stubborn than I am when it comes to what's important. If any of you need extra fortification, then going with the Sidereal would be best. I'm not sure who wants to go with whom, but it might be a smart idea until we get this miasma down. Do we have a way to communicate? We should have some way of finding each other if we track down the control room. I can just roar if need be."

Already using Instruction in Spirit
Vigilant Mastiff Technique on whomever I'm paired with.
DBT + Claws of the Silvermoon + Limb Shielding Growth + Arsenal of Moonsilver Shards
Total Committed Essence (on charms): 19 Personal, 6 lasting beyond a scene.

zeone3000
2016-03-03, 08:16 PM
After some arbitrary amount of time, the circle stands in front of an opened vault door that leads underground.

Novabomb
2016-03-03, 10:04 PM
Seeker
Well now... given we have checked the rest of the manse, seems reasonable to assume that the source of the issue is down here. I think this is the vault.

Rhyvurg
2016-03-03, 10:15 PM
"Was this manse a fortress? Why would the control room be in a vault?"

supernerd
2016-03-03, 10:43 PM
"Probably because the Dragonblooded wanted to use this city against the Fair Folk when they encroached."

Seanfall
2016-03-04, 07:06 PM
"Made it damn hard to get to in a hurry. Sad to say that the Gens from Lookshy might have had a hand in it. Their Ancestors at least...speaking of which. Once we establish a power base. I'd like to be the one to negotiate with them, if it comes to it I mean. It was my home....once." Fuji shook his armored head, "Sorry I've had a lot of time to think in our search, my mind wandered. Back to the task at hand."

Rhyvurg
2016-03-04, 11:01 PM
"Bringing us to the attention of Lookshy and the Realm should be at the bottom of our priority list. Powerful Exalted, in control of a fortress-manse with it's own army? That's the kind of thing entire Legions are mobilized for. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get a chance to fight a warstrider, maybe if they put an Immaculate Master inside..." Kel gets a far-off, dreamy look in his eyes. "Maybe Ragara Myrrun himself, he was so much fun to fight... *Ahem* Anyway, before we start advertising, we need to be sure we can protect ourselves. Always negotiate from a position of power."

Novabomb
2016-03-05, 01:33 AM
Truth

Understand, the paperwork related to this can only be delayed for so long. The lizard incident(Looks directly at Tandus) did not earn you any favors within the gold. After we are done here, you will need a grand gesture proving your value to creation. Perhaps the sealing of a large wyld zone, or the destruction of a notable shadowland.

Seanfall
2016-03-05, 02:17 AM
Fuji looks over to Kel. "That's the Realm your talking about, Lookshy's enemy. They wouldn't mobilize legions to attack us on the Realms orders. And if the Dynastic bastards tried to launch a Legion it would start a war with the whole of the Scavenger lands." It then occurred to him who he was talking to. "You are aware of these facts aren't you?"

Rhyvurg
2016-03-05, 03:13 AM
"The Immaculates have a presence in Lookshy as well, they might not be as zealous as the Realm but they won't just let this slide."

supernerd
2016-03-05, 04:03 AM
"Just like they won't let a single anathema living slide. Though that's different since we just come back." He looked around the room, trying to see if there was some place specific where the miasma was coming from. "Which lizard incident? Was this before I showed up or when I wasn't around? Because the one I remember was your fault for leaving it out under the full moon. However, It doesn't look like there's anything in particular that would be subject to catastrophic failure if it touched sorcery... Tandus, would you like to try showing some of that solar sorcery off, maybe turn off the power source? If it won't hurt, then we can just wait while we think of something that will work."

kestrel404
2016-03-05, 07:52 AM
"You know, we could talk about all this at length once we've removed the mind-altering magic mist from the air, right? I'd be very happy to see us destroying shadowlands and wyld zones - but perhaps first we should go down these stairs?" Elf points at the stairs just on the other side of the vault doors.

Then with a sigh he sends the demon to walk down ahead of him.

girlwithsixarms
2016-03-06, 04:02 PM
Tandus huffs and narrows his eyes, looking vaguely affronted. "I believe the 'incident' to which Transcendent Seeker of Truth is referring was Ulilaka's amalgamation; if you recall, my essence was entirely depleted during the process. Apparently massive expenditures of essence create a great deal of paperwork for our oh-so-secretive companion, and he does not consider the ability to create allies such as Ulilaka to be of any value to Creation."

With that, Tandus executes a crisp turn and follows Elf and his demon down the stairs.

Novabomb
2016-03-06, 05:03 PM
Truth
It is not simply a matter of paperwork. Essence expenditure on that scale disrupts the web of fate. You have no idea how much damage was done.

He huffs, and follows the others in.

supernerd
2016-03-06, 06:25 PM
"Well then maybe the web of fate can stop being so flimsy. I'm sure there was plenty of essence thrown around in the First Age. But yes, I remember. I was guarding you the whole day in case someone came to the manse.

"However, I think mass application of essence is probably the most applicable solution. though a shutdown would be much better than an explosion."

Novabomb
2016-03-06, 11:21 PM
There was also alot more creation in the first age to absorb the impact.

Seanfall
2016-03-07, 05:36 PM
Fuji turns to Kel and shrugs. "Well that came out of nowhere." He said referring to the second argument that came out of the first. Following the others down. "I actually have a question about the whole, 'disruption of fate' Thing a couple questions. The first is...how set in stone fate actually is. Since you said 'web' i'm going to assume changes happen. Further, what happens during a war with Essence Wielders? How much disruption would be caused by say...a Civil War within the realm?"

Novabomb
2016-03-07, 06:30 PM
The watered down answer is, it depends on how much essence you can use. Celestial Exalts are exempt from the web. Terrestials can be influenced, limitedly. Most essence use breaks the rules of creation which in turn damages the web. Civil War in the realm would be very dangerous, but not necesarily creation destroying. The elemental pole of earth is the most stable portion of creation, and so the proximity might be enough to prevent creation of unravelling. That or, the rest of creation would be cut off from the pole, in which case everything might begin sliding into the wyld. (Shrugs)

Rhyvurg
2016-03-07, 09:00 PM
Kel shrugs. "Well, if Creation starts to slide into the Wyld, I'll drag it back. What about demons and gods?"

Novabomb
2016-03-07, 11:37 PM
Slide was colorful language. Dissolve would be a slightly more accurate term. Demons are not part of creation, so they are not part of the web. I am sure ELF could tell you more. Gods are integral to the proper functioning of creation, and are strongly tied to the web. I have no idea why I just answered that, you are going to forget in less than 10 min

supernerd
2016-03-08, 12:14 AM
"You know, I keep forgetting that the Wyld does that. I'm so used to not having it carve away at the consistency of my material form. Especially since I do that so much on my own anyway; you wouldn't believe how the fresh Exalts react when they're being fed ghost stories about the chimeras. But yes, the matter at hand. Shall we go through, then? If these things come to life, I'll make sure to break them, but not too hard."

Rhyvurg
2016-03-08, 12:19 AM
"You...you'll break them? Only if you beat me to it, hairball."

supernerd
2016-03-08, 01:09 AM
"I don't have to assume my martial arts form in combat, this time, so I wouldn't be so sure of yourself."

WP: 7/10
Total Commitment: 27: 20 Personal, 7 Peripheral: 6/6 Pers, 71/71 Peri

Seanfall
2016-03-08, 03:22 PM
"That's assuming you both get to them before I carve them into molten hot bits of slag." He turns to look at their resident craftsmen. "Uhhh...I mean...no that's pretty much what I'd do."

Rhyvurg
2016-03-08, 04:18 PM
"Oh, then by all means, don't let me stop you."

supernerd
2016-03-09, 05:53 AM
"Well, I'm ready when you are, I believe the tension is killing me. Don't stray too far, dear." Cecil gives the others a good minute to set up any preparations. He walks to the doorway, preparing to step across the open threshold, waiting for objections from the group, then strides into the open vault.

zeone3000
2016-03-09, 06:48 PM
The guards cross their swords in front of the vault as Cecil approached with a clang.

supernerd
2016-03-09, 10:06 PM
Cecil chuckled. "Well, looks like I found their trigger. Why don't we take a look see. I'll give you a minute just in case." He took some deep breaths and readied himself, before attempting to go under the swords, while readying himself for the inevitable confrontation.

Okay, So I'll be waiting for anyone to throw up any last minute scene longs if they haven't already.

Assume it's time for Join Battle: 5m Peripheral(12 Active(Anima Power active)66/71): Stubborn Monkey Hesitation, Meerkat Alertness Practice: I might act on Tick 0, but I'm at least gonna push these two to Tick 6, and Cecil's sense of competition is taking this a bit too seriously.
[roll0]+6 Successes:16 Total Successes

Rhyvurg
2016-03-10, 02:56 PM
With more things to hit presenting themselves, Kel would be rude to not take advantage. Taking a slow, deep breath, Kel allows himself to assume the role of the Solar Hero. Falling into a combat stance, he sets himself to rush the automatons with the others.

Solar Hero form, damage successes count twice

Seanfall
2016-03-10, 09:02 PM
Fuji chuckles taking a step forward, his hands already in motion for the spin as Dawn's first light reappears in his hands. He spins in a complex pattern, ending with the sharp end pointing down and away. The spears body held against his back, left leg moved forward. Crouched with this empty hand held in front close to his chest. "Aim for the Joints try to disable them first."

Join Battle action.

[roll0]

supernerd
2016-03-14, 09:30 PM
Cecil was a flash, reacting immediately to the slight shift in the posture of the guards as he tried to step past them and not offering a chance for the constructs to react. He knew his claws weren't going to melt anything, so any damage would be to the hull and to the intricate moving parts inside. nothing that took them out of his mate's rescue. So he flung himself from one to the other and back again, readying a massive volley of attacks of which he might need two per construct, but just in case. Still it was always interesting to see himself almost blur with Luna's speed, doing aerial back flips to reposition himself to strike, once with each of his real hands and once per set of his extra arms.

When he was finished, he looked at his fellow Exalted. "It's nice to know that the Chosen of the Sun are so quick to act. Looks like I win this round. Though I have no doubt you'll win others." He looks to Tandus. "I hope I wasn't too rough on them, and we've only taken out 4 so far, and hopefully no more if we can register as citizens or what not."

Violently Advancing theories: alternating targets between Guards A and B. Vigilant Mastiff has a radius of 20 yards from Tandus, so plenty of space to work in the corridors.

1st Dex Excellency for 4m(0m) on each attack, Flurry -1, -2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8. Acc = 48-Flurry+Stunt, Base Damage 19L/2
Guard A:
[roll0] + Possible Stunt [roll1]:31-34 Successes
[roll2] + Possible Stunt [roll3]:26-29 Successes
[roll4] + Possible Stunt [roll5]:15-16 Successes
[roll6] + Possible Stunt [roll7]:20-22 Successes

Guard B:
[roll8] + Possible Stunt [roll9]:32-35 Successes
[roll10] + Possible Stunt [roll11]:19 Successes
[roll12] + Possible Stunt [roll13]:27-29 Successes
[roll14] + Possible Stunt [roll15]:20 Successes

Rhyvurg
2016-03-14, 11:44 PM
Kel smirks. "Don't sprain your arm patting yourself on the back for finally being useful."

supernerd
2016-03-15, 12:24 AM
Cecil smirked back. "Well then I'd have an excuse to be slow. Though I think I've got arms to spare." He waved his many arms around in different directions. "I'm afraid I can't remember what it's like to wait to heal."

girlwithsixarms
2016-03-16, 06:25 PM
Tandus allows himself a small smirk at his bondmate's rejoinder and replies "Even if we were considered 'citizens' of Denandsor, it is highly unlikely that we would be allowed to penetrate this deeply into the city's central manse without special permission. Given the additional guards though, I suspect that this room shall be of use to us in one way or another. I, however, shall refrain from leading our entry into this vault out of deference to the possibility of further guardians. "

supernerd
2016-03-17, 03:51 PM
Cecil made a sound halfway between a huff and a chuckle. "As long as I prioritize your defense I can defend you almost anywhere in mortal earshot. But if letting someone go before you makes you feel safer, then that is what we'll do."

Rhyvurg
2016-03-18, 03:35 PM
"Well, no use sanding here and talking about it." Kel places his hand on the door to push it open.

zeone3000
2016-03-23, 09:25 PM
The large, white Jade vault door swings outwards to reveal a large, walled and well-lit staircase. One could easily see the landing, at least, two stories down.

supernerd
2016-03-24, 12:42 PM
Cecil concentrated, and brought himself to the size of a normal man, still glowing brightly. "Shall we? Tandus, do not be too far in the back. I need to be within earshot. Still, there is plenty of room for this." The beast flies down to the bottom of the staircase, taking a survey of the vault from it's door.

Hybrid Body Rearrangement 2m: Tiny
Sorcerer's Sight: [roll0]
Per+Awareness: [roll1]
4 successes for both.

girlwithsixarms
2016-03-25, 12:22 AM
Tandus snorts gently "You sell yourself short dear one. If being able to hear me is your only requirement, I sincerely doubt that this mere stairway could be our undoing." He follows behind Cecil at a slower pace, carefully examining the walls on either side of the staircase for any hint as to what it might lead to.

kestrel404
2016-03-25, 08:03 AM
Elf and retinue proceed down the stairs cautiously. The immaterial version looking behind doors and testing for areas sealed against immaterial beings.

supernerd
2016-03-25, 10:43 AM
Cecil's real left hand covered his mouth as he chuckled softly. "Oh, my light, I merely mean a rough estimate as to the Vigilant Mastiff's reach. I would not want to waste my gifts too much. Now let us see what the Dragonblooded left in their retreat."

Rhyvurg
2016-03-25, 02:26 PM
Kel walks down the stairs without any sign of caution, reasonably sure someone else is covering that.

zeone3000
2016-03-28, 09:26 PM
The landing ends in the front of three more, locked vaults and half a dozen more Guardians. They don't look happy, more so than their frozen faces show.

Novabomb
2016-03-28, 11:04 PM
Seeker will wait for those martially inclined to engage the golems. He will slip around the battle, and examine the locked doors for indications of whats behind them.

supernerd
2016-03-29, 12:31 AM
Cecil sees the guardians, and smiles. "If they look unfriendly, I suppose it's only fair we make them unable to react before they get the chance to do so? I assume you two are still ready? Why don't we head in, then?"

Join battle? 2m Meerkat Alertness Practice: pretty sure it's the same scene so 67/71 [roll0]+6 Successes:16