PDA

View Full Version : SCAG New Spells: What is there?

The Shadowdove
2015-11-18, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Posting for my GF who is playing a wizard at the moment (I'm a bladelock in the campaign).

We figure we'll get the book around Christmas time, but we're leveling up and choosing new spells almost each weekend.

What kind of new spells are there that we may want to consider?

She's still only learning level 1/2 spells, but would hate to miss out!

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your advice/opinions on spells!

-Dove

Oya. Feel free to point out any cool spells from other classes as well. We'd love to hear about what you guys have found.

JoeJ
2015-11-18, 10:43 PM
Hey everyone,

Posting for my GF who is playing a wizard at the moment (I'm a bladelock in the campaign).

We figure we'll get the book around Christmas time, but we're leveling up and choosing new spells almost each weekend.

What kind of new spells are there that we may want to consider?

She's still only learning level 1/2 spells, but would hate to miss out!

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your advice/opinions on spells!

-Dove

Oya. Feel free to point out any cool spells from other classes as well. We'd love to hear about what you guys have found.

3 new cantrips: Booming Blade, Green-Flame Blade, and Lightning Lure. All three seemed intended mainly for bladesinger wizards, but they're on the warlock and sorcerer lists too. No spells of level 1 or higher.

DracoKnight
2015-11-18, 10:44 PM
3 new cantrips: Booming Blade, Green-Flame Blade, and Lightning Lure. All three seemed intended mainly for bladesinger wizards, but they're on the warlock and sorcerer lists too. No spells of level 1 or higher.

Sword Burst is also pretty damn awesome.

JoeJ
2015-11-18, 10:48 PM
Sword Burst is also pretty damn awesome.

Oop! 4 cantrips not 3, sorry.

The Shadowdove
2015-11-20, 01:20 AM
Ah, so only cantrips?

Amazing cantrips, I mean, but no 1+?

The Shadowdove
2015-11-20, 01:21 AM

Oops. I guess I missed the last sentence. Thank you!