PDA

View Full Version : Soul Binding Advancement & Number of Vestiges?

Tibbaerrohwen
2015-11-19, 01:20 AM
I'm looking at making a Binder and there's one point I'm not clear about. If I take a prestige class that advances Soul Binding, does it also increase the number of vestiges I can bind?

mabriss lethe
2015-11-19, 01:37 AM
Yup. at least according to the Knight of the Sacred Seal entry: (emphasis mine)

your knight of the sacred seal levels and binder levels stack for the purpose of determining your bonus on binding checks, the effectiveness of your vestige-granted abilities, your ability to bind higher-level vestiges, and the number of vestiges you can bind. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a binder would have gained.

xyianth
2015-11-19, 01:49 AM
Yes, however the RAW is unclear regarding the Eternal Bondage feature of Tenebrous Apostate. Your DM will have to decide whether that feature allows you to bind your full normal number of vestiges while being bound to Tenebrous, or if Tenebrous constantly occupies one of your possible vestige slots. In other words, a binder 5/tenebrous apostate 1 is constantly bound to Tenebrous, but it is unclear whether (s)he can bind another vestige each day.

Tibbaerrohwen
2015-11-19, 05:34 AM
Yup. at least according to the Knight of the Sacred Seal entry: (emphasis mine)

Ah, so it does. Excellent. Thank you.

Yes, however the RAW is unclear regarding the Eternal Bondage feature of Tenebrous Apostate. Your DM will have to decide whether that feature allows you to bind your full normal number of vestiges while being bound to Tenebrous, or if Tenebrous constantly occupies one of your possible vestige slots. In other words, a binder 5/tenebrous apostate 1 is constantly bound to Tenebrous, but it is unclear whether (s)he can bind another vestige each day.

I would assume it permanently takes up a space.