PDA

View Full Version : What´s the name of this comic?

Zid
2007-06-02, 04:43 AM
About ten years ago, I read a black and white comic published in a sweddish comic book. I´m pretty sure it was translated from english, and should have been written in the late 80´s. The premise was this: aliens had invaded a premediaval earth. The aliens were from another time and space, and were vastly superior to humans. The humans had a wizard that was half human half alien, but every time he used magic it disturbed the balance, allowing the aliens to use magic back.

The 'protagonist' was a human dragonrider. I think his name was 'Slade', or something like that. Sometimes he would transform into a Hulk-like character with exceptional strength.

The entire comic was full of celtic and early brittish references. Does any of you comic sages know the name of this comic? Or do you know someone who might know?

TreesOfDeath
2007-06-02, 05:29 AM
This i kind of a long shot, but 2000ad magizine had some comic strip named "Slaine", I know it had loads of cletic refences and the dude could go into a warp spasm and kick ass. Or maybe Warlock from the same magizine?

comicshorse
2007-06-02, 08:07 AM
That's definitely 'SLAINE' form 2,000 A.D. A british comic, that publishes multiple different stories in each issue. However Titan books have collected the most popular stories into books and Slaine has been collected.
Saline has been going a long time and has loads of books, the storyline you're describing was one of the earlier one though. Forbiden Planet or any decent comic shop shopuld have the Slaine collections in.

Zid
2007-06-03, 02:16 PM
Thank you, sages of comics long past.

/Zid

Rincewind
2007-06-05, 01:49 PM
No no no... That's Felix the Cat.