PDA

View Full Version : [Spell Idea] Sensetence

ufo
2007-06-02, 05:24 AM
Now, I have no idea how to balance homebrewed stuff for D&D at all, so I'm posting this so others might make this:

Sensetence! (Spell).

Generally, after the spell is cast, the next sentence or the current sentence the target is speaking/will speak will make sense to everyone who hears it, no matter what languages they understand and which they do not understand. Short exclamations like "Run!" or "Attack them!" will count as sentences too.

DracoDei
2007-06-02, 05:34 AM
So an extremely limited duration send-only "Tongues"? Sounds like about 2nd level maybe. Would be 1st except that it synergizes with many mind effecting magics.

ufo
2007-06-02, 05:39 AM
Target would be both self and others, of course, if that wasn't clear. The idea is that it can be used for some sneaky purposes, or if you're working with many different people tanking in different tongues.

Icewalker
2007-06-02, 12:17 PM
Say there is some guy speaking another language, talking about his evil plot, but nobody else understands him, and it would be your word against his. Cast it, and he suddenly mentions his evil plan to everyone in the room.

Maldraugedhen
2007-06-02, 12:24 PM
It's like an Awkward Moment Generator!

ufo
2007-06-02, 12:27 PM
Say there is some guy speaking another language, talking about his evil plot, but nobody else understands him, and it would be your word against his. Cast it, and he suddenly mentions his evil plan to everyone in the room.

Exactly! :smallbiggrin:

It's like an Awkward Moment Generator!

... I suppose so...