Monk
Fighter
Ranger

I can post pictures if you guys want to see them

I used pieces from Ninjago, Kingdoms, Chima, and Star Wars

Like the idea? :smalltongue:

Studoku
2015-11-19, 10:41 AM
I've played with lego figures before and they were great. It makes character generation even more fun when you actually get to put the lego together.

Since the advantage of minifigs is they can be taken apart and customised, don't worry about pre-genning figures. Just bring along a tub with a load of pieces and accessories and let your players assemble them.

Have you got any hobbit/child legs?

Flickerdart
2015-11-19, 10:51 AM
Since the advantage of minifigs is they can be taken apart and customised, don't worry about pre-genning figures. Just bring along a tub with a load of pieces and accessories and let your players assemble them.
"Where is that sword of ogre decapitation? I saw it just a second ago when we weren't fighting those ogres."

Joe the Rat
2015-11-19, 11:57 AM
I always got vetoed on using minifigs. :smallsigh:

Use a 2x2 or 2x3 flat for a base. It helps a lot with stability.

hymer
2015-11-19, 12:05 PM

Or go whole hog and build the dungeon. I never did that myself, mind!

8BitNinja
2015-11-19, 01:22 PM
I've played with lego figures before and they were great. It makes character generation even more fun when you actually get to put the lego together.

Have you got any hobbit/child legs?

Yes I do, so I can make any character halflings or dwarves

Sorry elves, you don't get anything

8BitNinja
2015-11-19, 01:23 PM

I use 4x4 bases for them, but it's probably best to go smaller

Calen
2015-11-19, 05:41 PM
I always do this for my live games. A box load of figures to use as enemies and allies.

I tend to stand them on a 2x2 plate and they fit pretty well on my grid.

YossarianLives
2015-11-19, 06:31 PM
If you'd be willing, I'd love to see some pictures. :smallwink:

I've experimented with using Lego minifigures in the past but my players strongly disliked the idea.

Keltest
2015-11-19, 06:44 PM
I make lego figurines whether my players like them or not. Theyre my legos darn it, and ill do what I want with them!

But more seriously, we use a white board for that stuff, so figurines aren't all that helpful.

Crake
2015-11-19, 10:02 PM
If you'd be willing, I'd love to see some pictures. :smallwink:

I've experimented with using Lego minifigures in the past but my players strongly disliked the idea.

If you're playing a more serious kind of game, I can see why they would, lego figures would kinda cheapen the whole deal. I personally enjoy finding just the right mini, buying it and then painting it anyway.

Kadzar
2015-11-19, 10:50 PM
I use minifigs for several characters in the past few years. A 2x2 base seems to work best.

I might take pictures myself, since I have them all still assembled, I believe.

EccentricCircle
2015-11-20, 05:55 AM
I'veused lego figures for a long while, they are the most widely available posable and customization miniatures at that scale.
I agree that you should let your players build their characters, no matter how serious and grown up someone is they will still enjoy scrabbling around in the lego box trying to find the perfect face.
I disagree that they are too cartoonish for serious games. A lego figure is ultimately a characature, rather than a real reprosentation of the figure. Its no different to the stick figures in OOTS or getting players to draw a picture of their character on a token.
The only slight problem is that Lego figures are slightly larger scale than most gaming miniatures. They just about fit with Warhammer figures, who are themselves a bit exaggerated, but tend to dwarf those from the D&D and Lord of the Rings ranges. Still for me the ability of each player to make a custom figure to their specifications far outways this disadvantage. I tend to use the bases that come in the random minifig packets, although I have used 2*2 plates in the past (we actually colour coded the based in one campaign.)
I find when I am coming up with NPCs I often start in the lego draw and make a few figures first, that way I am starting by thinking about their appearance, gear and personality, rather than starting with stats and those things being a bit tacked on at the end.

Joe the Rat
2015-11-20, 09:12 AM
The only slight problem is that Lego figures are slightly larger scale than most gaming miniatures. They just about fit with Warhammer figures, who are themselves a bit exaggerated, but tend to dwarf those from the D&D and Lord of the Rings ranges.If you follow Irregular Webcomic! (A mostly Lego-based set of series, for both of you who don't know it), this is a recurring issue in the Fantasy (http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/fantasy.html) theme, though in this case it's the PCs that are smaller than scale, being represented by miniatures, while the NPCs are larger minifigs.

8BitNinja
2015-11-20, 09:36 AM
They may be smaller, but I don't think that would effect much, especially if they are on a base. A king in chess is taller than a pawn, but in my mind, they are the same height