PDA

View Full Version : Best. Use. Of shape-shifting powers. Ever.

Baalzebub
2007-06-02, 08:28 AM
Just something I saw on superdickery, it made me LMAO.

http://www.superdickery.com/stupor/58.html

Jibar
2007-06-02, 08:35 AM
Did... did he just eat that guy?
He just... he just ate that guy!
What the... who the hell wrote that?

Gavin Sage
2007-06-02, 08:54 AM
I believe that's Frank Miller there. His later works are shall we say, over the top. Yes even by his standards.

Same guy behind the Godamn Batman (http://www.navpurewal.com/allstar-batman.jpg)

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-06-02, 12:10 PM
That's from The Dark Knight Returns 2, a very love-it or hate-it comic. I enjoyed it, but it's pretty much nothing like the original DKR and certainly isn't as memorable/revolutionary. Still, Plastic Man was awesome.

Green Bean
2007-06-02, 12:34 PM
Ah, I love that site. :smallbiggrin:

But just think, it could have been worse; the guy's pants were up!

J_Muller
2007-06-02, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Plastic Man owns in that comic.

My favorite sequences, though, are the ones where Green Arrow and the Question start arguing about politics.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-06-02, 07:02 PM
That was classy. My favorite's when Superman invades the batcave and half a dozen heroes jump him before Batman tosses him out. You very rarely see characters other then Batman whup Superman, and there you got to see several do it.

Gavin Sage
2007-06-02, 09:13 PM
You don't even see Batman whup Superman very often. DKR (with Green Arrow's help if I recall) and Batmankoff in Red Son are the only ones that come to mind. Which doesn't stop thousands from assuming that because Bats carries kryptonite he gets an auto-win. Realistically that fight lasts as long as it take Supes to move away and fly (Kryptonite is short range) from there he then superspeeds himself up a lead suit and proceeds to superspeed crush Batman's head. Faster then a speeding bullet is a real monster to beat when your vanilla human.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-06-03, 05:13 PM
Really, Batman only beats Superman because Superman doesn't want to seriously hurt Batman. Or anyone else for that matter. If you took away Superman's inhibitions and morality, he'd have the entire universe under his thumb and kill anyone that revolts with glee, kryptonite be damned. I don't think anyone's powerful enough to beat something that fast and that strong when it's out for blood.

Gavin Sage
2007-06-03, 05:31 PM
It would be about what happened in 52 if Supes ever really went really nuts. However there are people that can eat Superman for breakfast, just they tend to be the various magical gods, angels, demons, so on anyways so its not that meaningful.

ravenkith
2007-06-06, 08:40 AM
No.

No.

Best use of shapeshifting powers ever? Impersonating Bill Gates on a trip to the bank. ;)

dagman
2007-06-06, 01:17 PM
I pose a question. there is one Green Lantern of every race, including races with one individual. Right?

Wheres supermans power ring?

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-06-06, 02:13 PM
I'm sure they offered him one once. He probably called it a wussy weapon and insulted the masculinity of the entire corps before flicking it into a star halfway across the galaxy, laughing all the way home. He's goddamn Superman. What does he need magical jewlery for?

StudlyDuck
2007-06-06, 02:15 PM
I was under the impression that the rings were assigned geographically, so each sector of space would have a certain number. I don't read a lot of DC, so I could be wrong though.

Gavin Sage
2007-06-06, 04:31 PM
I pose a question. there is one Green Lantern of every race, including races with one individual. Right?

Nope that's not how it is set up. There are Green Lanterns for 3600 sectors of space. I believe the current standard is 2 per sector for 7200 total, plus any small number of extras that have higher positions like Guy Gardner or other special positions.

(Oh and Superman has been offered a ring and turned it down, this was when he was without his powers for awhile.)

Indon
2007-06-06, 04:37 PM
Hey, I found a picture on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Superboyrisk.PNG) that should probably go on that website, but I've no clue where to find the source.

FYI.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-06-06, 04:40 PM
That's an image from Infinite Crisis, from somewhere in the middle where Superboy Prime first went nuts and started killing Teen Titans members. But yes, without that additional info it appears to be Superman ripping off a dude's limb while throwing a temper tantrum. Which is very amusing.

Tirian
2007-06-06, 05:37 PM
You don't even see Batman whup Superman very often. DKR (with Green Arrow's help if I recall) and Batmankoff in Red Son are the only ones that come to mind. Which doesn't stop thousands from assuming that because Bats carries kryptonite he gets an auto-win. Realistically that fight lasts as long as it take Supes to move away and fly (Kryptonite is short range) from there he then superspeeds himself up a lead suit and proceeds to superspeed crush Batman's head. Faster then a speeding bullet is a real monster to beat when your vanilla human.

Batman also killed Superman with the Kryptonite ring in the Superman annual for Armageddon 2001, when Superman went over the edge and decomissioned the world's armies. I haven't seen it myself, but I'm given to believe that Supes beat up Batman pretty badly under while under Maxwell Lord's control prior to Infinite Crisis, but that's still a very deceptive record.

While on the subject of A2001, Superman also was offered a GL ring in the Action annual after defeating Guy Gardner by using his willpower to get GG's ring to form on his own finger. But he turned it down, as he felt that he had enough other sources of power (being the President of the United States at the time in addition to, you know, Superman).

2007-06-08, 10:44 PM
Zatanna would whup Superman in about one second.

All she'd have to say is "Pots Namrepus!"

Hell, John Constantine could probably dig up a spell somewhere that'd at least knock Supes out long enough for him to stab him with a kryptonite knife.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-06-08, 10:59 PM

Actually, I read somewhere that Kal-El was prophesied to be the greatest GL of all time. Later, when Abin-Sur needed to pass the ring on before dying, Superman was the first choice, not Hal or Guy, but Abin decided that Earth'l GL should be a human.

Supes will get one in the 853 (?) century, and he was a GL in the dream-world the Key trapped the JLA in one time.

doliemaster
2007-06-14, 06:53 PM
Actually ignoring all this best use of shape-shifting is pretending to be supes and mooning people, see how supes likes THAT!

Haggis_McCrablice
2007-06-16, 12:56 AM
How about when Parasite pretended to be Lois Lane shortly after her marriage to the Man of Steel?

[produces a foot-thick manila folder marked "REAL FILTHY SUPERMAN JOKES" and begins to paw through it for the perfect punchline]

North
2007-07-12, 03:07 PM
I like the DK2 uses but this is my personal fave

But does it come in blue? (http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/1553876.html#cutid1)

Rob Knotts
2007-07-12, 08:13 PM
Best shape-shifting trick I've seen in a long time: SNAP (http://www.gregorytitus.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/170.jpg)