PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Would combat Focus be a good addition to this build

dascarletm
2015-11-19, 05:17 PM
I've been wanting to do a solid tier three duelist like character, and Swashbuckler never really thrilled me.

However, in a recent thread I saw the fighter archetype combo Lore Warden + Martial Master + Myrmidon.

I thought that would make a great dex based build with a little wis thrown in.

Assuming 3.5 material can be brought in, which feat progression would ya'll suggest?

1. Weapon Finesse (Rapier)
1. Deadly Agility
1.Combat Focus OR Agile Maneuvers
2. Combat Expertise
3. Weapon Focus (Rapier)
4. Combat Stability OR Quick Draw
5. Weapon Specialization (Rapier)
7. ?
8. Improved Critical (Rapier)
9. Combat Vigor OR Greater Weapon Focus (Rapier)
11. Blind Fight OR Critical Focus
12. Combat Awareness OR Greater Weapon Specialization (Rapier)
At this point if we didn't take critical focus I'd shift everything up a step
13. Staggering Critical
15. Crippling Critical
16. Critical Mastery
17. Stunning Critical
19. Blinding Critical

Anyway. Thanks.

Psyren
2015-11-19, 07:37 PM
You picked up Agile Maneuvers but no actual maneuver feats (e.g. Improved Disarm.) What maneuver(s) were you going for?

If it's one you can do with your weapon (like disarm, again), then Agile Maneuvers is a wasted feat because Weapon Finesse will do that for you.

Vhaidara
2015-11-19, 10:01 PM
Personally, I love the Combat Focus line. It's terrible, but I love it And I do think it is better than GWF and GWS.

Also, why do you have Weapon Finesse (Rapier) listed? This isn't 3.0 where you had to specify the weapon you could finesse!

Captain Morgan
2015-11-19, 10:24 PM
You picked up Agile Maneuvers but no actual maneuver feats (e.g. Improved Disarm.) What maneuver(s) were you going for?

If it's one you can do with your weapon (like disarm, again), then Agile Maneuvers is a wasted feat because Weapon Finesse will do that for you.

Martial Master is the one with feats on the fly, Brawler style, right? That would probably explain leaving it blank on that front.

dascarletm
2015-11-20, 11:08 AM
Personally, I love the Combat Focus line. It's terrible, but I love it And I do think it is better than GWF and GWS.

Also, why do you have Weapon Finesse (Rapier) listed? This isn't 3.0 where you had to specify the weapon you could finesse!

That's a very good point. I think I got (rapier) happy with all the weapon focus line stuff. I think combat focus is just so cool, but I too wish it was better.

As for the combat maneuvers, I do plan to pick them up on the fly with martial master. Until level 5 I'll devote a maneuver or two to accomplishing maneuvers.

Captain Morgan
2015-11-20, 12:09 PM
You should use the new Dirty Fighting feat, by the way. Counts as combat expertise and other perquisites while also being great.