PDA

View Full Version : Amazing timing question

talltwin36
2007-06-02, 10:02 AM
I just noticed.

In the most recent strip, 459, the "ghost" of Soon is fighting with RedCloak, the bearer of the "Crimson Mantel". Now we have been told that the "Start of Darkness" deals with the Saphire Guard and the Order of the Crimson Mantel. If SoD had come out on time, this rematch would have happened just as people were reading about the first occurance, which probably motivated RedCloak.

What timing skill. Darn printer messup.

msquared

Rincewind
2007-06-02, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah, isn't it really amazing? :smalleek:

Rincewind
2007-06-02, 05:01 PM
We got it together, didn't we?
Nobody but you and me.

Bel_Bel
2007-06-02, 06:35 PM
Uh... guys... hate to burst your bubble, but look at the crayon story again. Last comic. It shows the SG killing goblins.

Its also mentioned when Redcloak is talking to Miko in the tower.

Crimson Mantle and the SM go way back.

Rincewind
2007-06-02, 06:46 PM
http://midnightresearch.com/local/images/small_orly_owl.jpg

Bel_Bel
2007-06-02, 06:48 PM
Yup, pretty much. I don't understand why you don't get it.

Scatman
2007-06-02, 06:52 PM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9426/yarlyhs0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Xiander
2007-06-02, 06:53 PM
The last crayon strip actually shows paladins killing a goblin in a red(ish) cloak, who is carrying something resembling redcloaks holy symbol. There is a lot of good details in this strip.

Basalock
2007-06-02, 07:02 PM
that cloak look more purpley :smallsigh:

Bogardan_Mage
2007-06-02, 08:40 PM
that cloak look more purpley :smallsigh:
Clearly Shojo didn't have appropriately coloured crayons for that part.

But yeah, Miko does the whole Crimson Mantle must die bit when she fights Redcloak. Even if you discount the crayons of time and the Sapphire Guard guy being fried on the cover of SoD, we still knew about the Sapphire Guard's history with the Crimson Mantle before now.

Cade Shadow
2007-06-02, 09:15 PM
Clearly Shojo didn't have appropriately coloured crayons for that part.

But yeah, Miko does the whole Crimson Mantle must die bit when she fights Redcloak. Even if you discount the crayons of time and the Sapphire Guard guy being fried on the cover of SoD, we still knew about the Sapphire Guard's history with the Crimson Mantle before now.

but he meant that the first full coverage of a fight between them would have been released at the same time as the first full rematch we see between the highest ranked people in the two orders.

Like how in Star Wars, we had Revenge of the Sith and return of the Jedi. We have a Sith lord versus a great Jedi Knight (Anakin v. Obi-wan) and later we have it again (Darth Vader v. Luke). or perhaps a better example would be between highest ranked Jedi/Sith Palpatine v. Yoda, Obi-wan v. Darth Vader

Gandal
2007-06-02, 09:32 PM
Anyway.
The Sapphire Guard and the bearer of the Crimson Mantle grudge obviously goes way back - most clearly the crayon story and the Miko/Redcloak duel.

talltwin36
2007-06-03, 06:48 AM
Cade Shadow had it right.

I know we know about the history of the SG and RedCloak's order. We have been told of it, we have seen glimpses of it, but never the full background.

If SoD had come out on time, we would have had the full background by the time of this fight. As if usual for Rich, we do not have to have the full background to understand the current actions, but I bet it would have made a heck of a neat confluence to see this rematch.

I was talking about Rich's ability to time this current confrontation to coincide with the one that would have been told in SoD.

msquared