PDA

View Full Version : More stuff for Generic Classes [Class, "Feats"]

Reptilius
2007-06-02, 11:04 AM
This thread expands on the options available to Generic Classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm). I have used them repeatedly in my games, and my players seemed to enjoy them. The one thing that bothered me was the slim selection of class features and the lack of a Psion. Here are the fruits of my labor.

The Mentalist
HD:d4
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Good Save|Poor Save|Poor Save|Special|Power Points/day|Powers known|Max. Power level

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0|Bonus Feat|3|3|1st

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0|-|5|5|1st

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+1|-|8|7|2nd

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+1|-|14|9|2nd

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+1|Bonus Feat|19|11|3rd

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+2|-|29|13|3rd

7th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+2|-|37|15|4th

8th|
+4|
+6|
+2|
+2|-|51|17|4th

9th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+3|-|63|19|5th

10th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+3|Bonus Feat|81|21|5th

11th|
+5|
+7|
+3|
+3|-|87|22|6th

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+4|-|115|24|6th

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+4|
+4|-|131|25|7th

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+4|
+4|-|149|27|7th

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+5|
+5|Bonus Feat|165|28|8th

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+5|-|183|30|8th

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+5|
+5|-|199|31|9th

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6|-|217|33|9th

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+6|-|233|34|9th

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+6|Bonus Feat|249|36|9th[/table]

The Mentalist is a versatile psionicist, whether learning powers from harsh study, inborn talent, or divine gift. Depending on her choices of powers and features, she can play any role from, from warrior to sneak to blaster. Mentalists resemble Psions, but recieve fewer power points. In exchange, she can use her bonus feats to select special class features.

Class Skills: Choose any four skills to be class skills, plus Craft, Knowledge (all), and Profession.
Skill Points: 2+Int modifier, x4 at 1st level.
Base Save Bonuses: Choose one good save and two poor saves.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: One Simple Weapon, no armor.
Bonus Feats: A mentalist gains a bonus feat at every five levels (1st, 5th, 10th, etc.)
Manifesting: A mentalist learns and manifests powers as a psion. She may choose powers from the Psion/wilder list. A manifester must choose at 1st level whether Intelligence or Charisma drives her manifesting, and this choice may not be changed later. The ability score they choose determines bonus power points, save DCs, and the maximum level of pwers they can learn.

New Class Features (Ordinary):

Warmage Edge: Whenever you cast an arcane spell, add your Int bonus to the damage roll. This only applies once per casting, so that a magic missile with multiple shots would only apply the bonus damage to one missile, but a fireball would deal the bonus damage to all targets in the blast. Prerequisites: Arcane spellcaster level 1st, Knowledge (Arcana) 4 ranks

Rage: As the Bbn ability 1/day, +1/four levels. Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +1, non-lawful alignment.

Hardiness: Increase the size of your HD by one (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12). The increase only applies to the level that this is gained and at all levels thereafter. This class feature may only be taken once. Prerequisites: Con 15+.

Domain: Choose a domain. You gain its granted power. (Note: you must have Turn Undead to select the Sun Domain. The Magic Domain power now grants you effective Arcane Spellcaster levels equal to 1/2 your Divine Spellcaster levels. May be taken twice). Prerequisites: Divine Spellcaster level 1st.

New Class Features (Psionic):

Mantle: Choose one mantle from the list of mantles in Complete Psionic. You gain the granted Power of that mantle, and may choose powers known from that mantle's list. Prerequisite: Manifester level 1st.

Discipline: Choose one Psionic Discipline. You may choose powers known from that mantle's list. This class feature may only be taken once. Prerequisites: Manifester level 1st.

Mind Blade: As Soulknife ability. Mind Blade gains enhancement bonuses and weapon abilities as on soulknife table, using class level as soulknife level (A 4th-level Warrior with this class feature would have a +1 mindblade.). Prerequisites: Power point reserve of at least one.

Psychic Strike: As Soulknife ability. Soulknife level is equal to class level. Prerequisites: Mind Blade

Shape Mind Blade: As Soulknife ability. Prerequisites: Mind Blade, character level 5th.

Psychic Aura: You can project a Psychic Aura as a Divine Mind of your Manifester level. You can produce an Attack, Defense, or Perception aura, as well as the aura corresponding to any mantle you posess. The Aura has a radius of 5 ft. and increases by another 5 ft. at every odd-numbered manifester level. Prerquisites: Mantle.

Wild Surge: As Wilder ability. When you take this class feature, you also gain Psychic Enervation as a class feature. Prerequisites: Manifester level 1st.

Surging Euphoria: As Wilder ability. Prerequisites: Manifester level 1st, Wild Surge.

Lurk Augment: As Lurk ability. When you take this class feature, you gain Lurk augments up to and including your class level. If you take this class feature at a higher level, you then gain all Augments up to that level, and so on. Prerequisites: Power point reserve of at least one, Sneak attack.

Comments, questions?

Rampant
2007-06-05, 02:16 PM
I like these, just a couple nit picks. Why is there no bonus feat for the mentalist at level 20? Does the mind blade feature include abilities or just enhancement bonus? The psychic strike ability does that add a number of dice or just as a soulknife of equivalent level?

Might want to consider making lurk augement grant you only a certain number of the augment strikes, then to access higher level you can take the feat again. It seems kind of overpowered the way you have it.

Reptilius
2007-06-16, 04:53 PM
I've adressed your first three points, and clarified some things. I'm still not sure how to balance the Lurk Augments yet.

Reptilius
2007-06-20, 10:27 PM
Okay, I think I've fixed the Lurk Augment ability.

Anyone? Zombies? Jelly? Grapity?