PDA

View Full Version : Curly, and Zer's epic saga : The founding of Giantitp

Pages : 1 [2]

zeratul
2007-06-16, 02:17 PM
"So I heard you know about Leinad, shame about him. Of what relaation to you was he again? Brother, boyfriend, captain? I can't remember."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 02:39 PM
:smallmad: Her eyes fill with tears of fury and sorrow. "You complete and utter git! Why did you say that? You know full well he is... was my confidante and second-in-command. Well, I don't you knew that because he's dead. May you and your descendants be cursed by an annoying and recurring rash, and may you be sitten by a boil!" She dashes away the tears with one hand.
"I don't understand why you did that without questioning him. That's against the code! Why did you kill him? Was it because he was Lawfull Evil and you're not?

zeratul
2007-06-16, 02:42 PM
"So you still don't know. He was my brother. He was a weakling, a disgrace, I couldn't stand to look at him. So your little confident is no more. He brought me to this, I'm just showing him what he made, I quite like the results."

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 02:50 PM
As the party occurs in the regular world, several seemingly ordinary birds perch in trees near the happy revolutionaries. Their eyes glow red for a moment, and then seem perfectly ordinary again. They do normal bird stuff, flying away from the trees and then coming back, making bird calls, and occasioanlly swooping down to steal some unguarded morsel of food, and watching the people with interest.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 03:01 PM
A bit dazed she says "So, you are Zeratul RourbaB? He never spoke of a brother...but I l-" She stops suddenly. "But how did he cause you to do this? And why is Maggot the magpie here to bear witness? Surely he does not know of your brother too? Curly nervously fiddles with a simple silver bracelet on her left wrist.

((BTW isn't it a bit ironic that the maggot became a magpie? Considering maggots are eaten by magpies.))

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 03:07 PM
((BTW isn't it a bit ironic that the maggot became a magpie? Considering maggots are eaten by magpies.))

((A raven. You said the magpie thing, not me.))

Magtok simply ruffles his feathers and remains silent, as the robopigeons continue to spy on the partying rebels.

zeratul
2007-06-16, 03:11 PM
"In out younger years, he was more powerfull than I, and would flaunt his power, and torment my very being. So I trained, Untill I became the most powerfull warlord in this world. I saw him again, weak, and softened by you. He tried to reason with me, but I woulden't listen, I had him throne in the dungeons. I didn't interrogate him, because, I didn't want to have to spend time with the wretch." Zeratul looks at the distraut Curly. "If any connsolation, he Died instantly, and painlessly."

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 03:12 PM
((Oh, never mind. Carrion eater. Maggot bird.))

"Magtok, do you know why you're here? Did you have something to do with Lein?"

To Zer "You're direwolf thing chewed him to pieces! I don't exactly call that painless. And what you're actually saying is that my best friend and b- You did all this because he was stronger than you. You jealous pouty little freak!! And you expect me to waht exactly?

zeratul
2007-06-16, 03:24 PM
"No not just because he was stronger. Because he used his strength against me. His allingment as a child was chaotic neutral with evil tenndancies. Bet you didn't know that. Also he was not killed by the wolf. I poisoned him with a dart prior to the feeding. Although there is a chance I could ressurect your boyfreind for a small fee.":smallamused:

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 03:24 PM
((Oh, never mind. Carrion eater. Maggot bird.))

"Magtok, do you know why you're here? Did you have something to do with Lein?"

Yes, and no. I know why I'm here, but I do not know of this Lein. This may be due to losing about 4% of my memories being corrupted when I was transferred to the computer, or it could be that I never even heard of the guy. He sounds familiar, though. I remember someone being chewed up by the wolf, but I assumed it was an NPC.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 03:34 PM
Curly says suspiciously "What kind of fee exactly? And, yes Magtok, he was an NPC in that he (or his body) appeared for only one post. Unfortunately due to slight Bardic tendencies, in plot exposition that makes him a Plot-Central character. And, yes, he was eaten by your master did feed him to the direwolf. Before he had died and before I met him he did become LE though.

Back where the party is happening:

All the rebels are either grounded or on super-special missions. Therefore, the party his mainly Zeratyul's increasingly drunken minions.

thehothead
2007-06-16, 03:38 PM
Thehothead wanders along, looking for anyone really.

zeratul
2007-06-16, 03:44 PM
"The price, is that you become my captive, and kill one of your allies in front of me. Then I will bring your...........whatever he was back. Now once again, what was he exactly, your response is to great for that of a mere lost second in command."

"Also"Zeratul turns to curly. "There's an opperative I've been hiding from you. She's one of our sources of intelligence. However, her power in magic is even more than that of your friend Rex. Why don't I introduce you to her.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 03:47 PM
Back where the party is happening:

All the rebels are either grounded or on super-special missions. Therefore, the party his mainly Zeratyul's increasingly drunken minions.

The birds split up and watch over the rebels, record their locations and actions, and submit footage of Zeratul's minions to the 'Playground's Funniest Minions' TV show.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 03:57 PM
"You know as well as I Rex doesn't give a rats a** about anyone. He only wants the Maggot dead. God, can you be any more oblivious?
Yes, yes you can. And I suppose the "super-powerful" woman is your one true love.Like my Lein. And if you think she's more powerful than Rex I'd like to meet her. Then submit her as a scientific mythological anamoly, like the Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot.

And today on Playground's Funniest Minions...
Dr. Evil's most trusted henchmen go partying
The Evil God's Annual P*** Up
and... Zeratul's absolutely f****** drunk minions.
The members of the Playground gater aroung TeeVos and p*** themselves wathcing Zer's 4 most trusted NPCs dress in drag and impersonate Zer, Magtok, Soren and the second-in-command torturer.
Gails of laughter echo arond the Waste.
The hosts gasps for breath and pants"We all... know who's... won the 200gp prize don't... we?"
The money appears above Magtok and drops on his head, piece by piece.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 04:07 PM
A flying metal claw grabs the gold and teleports away with it to one of the fortresses.

Hmm...I think I'll spend this dough on some shiny new guns. That old Smith & Wesson won't be enough for the upcoming battle.

zeratul
2007-06-16, 04:08 PM
"Why not ask her yourself. I'd assume you've been listening Cassandra."

Castaras
2007-06-16, 04:10 PM
That I have, Zeratul.

A shadow creature separates itself from a shadow nearby.

I'm sure you know by now that I'm always listening.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 04:17 PM
That I have, Zeratul.

A shadow creature separates itself from a shadow nearby.

I'm sure you know by now that I'm always listening.

"Huh! See, this is what I mean! The Maggot claims he purged AMEN yet half the frickin'g Associates are still bloody alive
She stops speaking for a second. Mentally counting to 10. "Sorry about the language. It just really annoys me that he claims to have purged somehing and kills one person. Zer, you seriously need to fire him. He hasn't completed a single task. Plus, I'm sure you know he's plotting against you too.

To Cassie. "So, does he love you or is this strictly business? Although I must compliment you on choosing to believe that Rex is weaker than you. I suppose you could give him a pie but he's already insane. If I may enquire how do you plan to remove Rex? He is a threat to both our causes. Although, I presume you still depise Magtok like all your other alternate persona?

The minions still in the playground are in a drunken stupor. 15 NPC rebels begin looting their bodies and then sell off whatever they want.

Castaras
2007-06-16, 04:20 PM
AMEN? I have a distant memory of AMEN...In a past life, I was one of a association of AMEN...yes...

Faded now...all in the past...before I embraced the shadow.

And yes, it is purely business. And... why are you talking of pies?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 04:30 PM
"MY TeeVo keeps tapping into alternate realities and interrupting my viewings. I've repeatedly been getting an alternate AMEN where you're a pie-obssessed pony-drow. It's...disturbing this AMEN. There're alternates of nearly everyone in this alternate reality. Ther's even one wher we're nothing but characters dreamt up by bored people. I keep meaning to return the TeeVo but I keep forgetting.
But, seriously Zer. What do you think is so important that we've got to go to an ethereal plane for?

zeratul
2007-06-16, 04:31 PM
Zeratul walks next to Curly. "So will you accept my offer? If so I will chose the rebel you killl."

Castaras
2007-06-16, 04:45 PM
The shadow creature stands, watching Zeratul.

So if all you wanted me here for was to show your little friends who I am, then I'll go back to lurking. Sending out these shadow creatures isn't exactly the easiest thing to do just for a chat.

zeratul
2007-06-16, 04:58 PM
"It wasn't Cassandra, I needed you here so that the instant we find the location of the rebels, you can kill them. Also because I value your advice. Why not just come, and stop with the shadows."

thehothead
2007-06-16, 05:05 PM
Thehothead wanders into the dungeon and sees RadikalSkippy.

Castaras
2007-06-16, 05:06 PM
Hmm.

The shadow creature shifts, a woman in a long, grey, hooded cloak appearing in its place, face shrouded in shadow. She moves back into the shadows, watching the conversation, not seen.

(( ...Because I'm getting yelled at to get off. >.< ))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 05:18 PM
"You know full well that I cn't do that. Not because of my alignment. It's because you're a scheming bugger. If you do summon my betrothed then he'll probably be some mindless bleedin' zombie. Besides, I actually only know where one rebel is. That's me, so; love to trade a rebel for personal reasons. Can't. Hell, half the rebels have disappeared off've the face of any and all dimensions or planes or alternate realities. It's just not practical, or sensible really."

She then walks back to the dragon, waiting.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 05:29 PM
The bird keeps its beak shut, but thinks to itself about this new occurance and what it might mean for their side in the war.

Meanwhile, the robot birds continue to watch the NPCs, and one even ventures so far as to peck a rebel in the eye before taking off and flying away.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-16, 05:36 PM
IN the Waste.
The NPC lost an eye. The bird gained a meal. Fortunately, an NPCleric healed her before she died of blood loss. The NPCs continue to loot until an ACTUAL REBEL, HELL, EVEN AN EVIL DUDE avtually does something in that dimension.

Meanwhile. "What now? Maggot, are you Zer's messenger pigeon?

Lord Magtok
2007-06-16, 05:42 PM
IN the Waste.
The NPC lost an eye. The bird gained a meal. Fortunately, an NPCleric healed her before she died of blood loss. The NPCs continue to loot until an ACTUAL REBEL, HELL, EVEN AN EVIL DUDE avtually does something in that dimension.

Meanwhile. "What now? Maggot, are you Zer's messenger pigeon?

No, I'm nobody's pigeon. I just felt like being a bird for a little while. Flying is an amazing experience, you should get a wizard to let you try it sometime. It's way more fun than riding some overgrown lizard.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 05:59 AM
Thehothead takes out his weapon, a metal club Named The Salmon of Doubt. He then enters the long dark tea-time of the soul.

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 02:12 PM
As the trio arrives at the Reble base, Moon Called looks around, expecting the normal bustling with activity camp she was used to. Oh well, most of the rebles must have been on some mission. She turns her gaze on Maur and Rex, then walks off. "If you need me, I'll be in the infirmry, then at the Black Smith's shop. I need a new sword, and getting these shackles off would be nice."

Saurous
2007-06-17, 02:23 PM
Maur sighs.

"I'm going to head straight to the blacksmith's place."

He walks off, his chains and shackes glanging behind him.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 02:36 PM
Shadow chains materialize around Curly, and her dragon. Holding her captive. "Castaras, I have a mission for you. Go capture Moon Called, and Maur. ASAP."

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 02:39 PM
What should I do for now, Zeratul?

Castaras
2007-06-17, 02:39 PM
Cassandra/Castaras smirks.

Shouldn't be too much trouble.

She fades into the shadows.

Near where Maur is, the shadows shift.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 02:42 PM
What should I do for now, Zeratul?

"You Magtok follow Cassy, at the opportune moment, help her out."

Saurous
2007-06-17, 02:45 PM
Maur doesn't seem to notice the shadow movement, but instead begins moving faster.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 02:47 PM
Three shadowy humanoids detach themselves from the shadows, quickly following Maur, matching his pace.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 02:49 PM
Due to the fact that the person he decided to follow isn't doing anything, thehothead wanders our of the dungeon and into the other levels, hoping to meet whoevers in charge.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 02:50 PM
One step ahead of you, m'lord. I've already got birds watching the whole place, and I'm directly controlling each and every one of them with a different copy of the Deus Ex Machina program. Its a weird feeling being in so many places at once. Kinda like being drunk, but without the hangover.

A few crows watch Maur from a dead tree. Some fly away and then come back, others drop to the ground to preted to look for food, and others watch the NPCs silently.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 02:59 PM
Maur moves his hand around in a few motions.

"Summon monster III"

A glow appears next to him, and then a hell hound forms. He continues walking, with the hound keeping next to him.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 03:01 PM
Two more shadow humanoids appear in front of Maur, silent. Behind him, the three shadow humanoids are joined by another three, and they all move to surround him.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 03:04 PM
The birds begin to caw loudly and stare at Saur, hoping to make his situation even scarier by just serving as a scary background noise.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 03:08 PM
The hell hound quickly circles behind Maur, facing the six behind them. It snarls menacingly, ready to attack if they move any closer.

Maur watches the two in front silently.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 03:09 PM
You're coming with us, Maur.

All but one of the shadow creatures behind reach out to grab Maur. The other turns to watch the hell hound.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 03:14 PM
"Doubtful."

Maur quickly moves away from the shadow creatures, while pointing at them for the hound. It moves in the way, and releases a large burst of fire from it's mouth at them.

((Just a question, would very bright light do anything to them, being shadow creatures and all?))

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 03:16 PM
A few birds swoop down to distract Maur, attempting to peck at his face. Their eyes glow red as they do this, simply to frighten him a little.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 03:19 PM
(( Would probably make them disappear if bright enough. Otherwise, just make them fade back into the shadows. Wouldn't get rid of them completely though. ))

The shadow creatures shimmer, the fire being absorbed by the darkness within them. They freeze for a few seconds, moving towards Maur again as the light from the fire disappears. All the shadow creatures ignore the Hell hound.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 03:31 PM
Zeratul, amuzed, watches all of this happening. "Demons flame, why don't you go help them out." The dire wolf quickly shifts realms, and charges at the hellhound.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 03:37 PM
Maur shouts, jumping back from the pecking birds. Maur ducks back, reaching for a small branch on a nearby dead tree. He snaps the stick off, and then casts a spell on it.

"Daylight."

Bright light spreads in all directions away from Maur, hopefully doing at least something to the shadow creatures.

Seeing the charging Demons Flame, the hound ducks back some, waiting for the wolf to come in range of it's firey breath.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-17, 03:37 PM
Curly sighs. "I'm still immune to Godmodding, even if I'm not here babydoll." She Evades all but one of the chains, as does her dragon. The one chain that caught the dragon latched onto the tail of the dragon.
"Teleport." Curly and the dragon disappear. The shadow chains drop to the ground.
A small voice floats out of the dark: "Two words sweetie. Split personality. We're off now." A small light shoots at Zeratul, hoping to split his personality.

At the main rebel base. Curly and her dragon pop into existence less than 6 feet away from Maur and Cassie. "Typical, leave a place for a few hours...Dragons Flame!" The dragon breathes a fire so bright it scorches the retina. It aims for the shadows, but does not singe Maur. The flame coincidentally is pointing at Demon's Flame.

((SO, do the shadow creatures disappear?))

Castaras
2007-06-17, 03:39 PM
The shadow creatures disappear.

But the shadows cast by the bright lights start to shift.

Including Curly's, Maur's, and Curly's dragon's shadows.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 03:45 PM
Zeratul evades the beam shot at him. "Should have known chains couldn't hold her. Ah well now to help out. MEPHISTO, teleport." as he says these words He and his wyrm mephisto arive.

Demons flame tears down a tree, throwing it at the hound, hoping to distract it. He then charges again.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 03:47 PM
((Where is this fight happening? I can't seem to figure it out.))
Wanderity wanderity.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 03:50 PM
The birds all begin to head towards the fight, and stop pretending to be ordinary birds as they for a small cloud of angry beaks, talons, and feathers head towards Maur in an attempt to scratch up hs face and distract him from the shadows and Zeratul.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 03:50 PM
Maur takes the moment with no shadow creatures to his advantage, and runs away.

The hound ducks out of the course of the tree, but is scraped along it's side by a few long branches. It manages to breathe out a large cone of flame at DeF, however.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-17, 03:59 PM
Curly casts a spell. "Summon Familiar." The familiar known as Smudge comes as she was told. "Can you help out here?"
Sure. Smudge begins to purr hypnotically, then she leaps over to Mephisto and shape changes. A green hued Curly appears. "Told you Split Personality." This Curly is wielding a nasty double-edged vorpal blade. She begins hacking at Mephisto.
Smudge/Curly's purring continues to ech around the base; Demon's Flame is in a slight daze.

Purple hued Curly says to her dragon, "Roast these d*** birds will you. We can have them for dinner." The dragon begins toasting the birds.
She then seeks out whoevers not fighting. Also she *sounds alarm with trumpet* to call people back to the base.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 04:01 PM
A shadow creature rears up from Maur's shadow, attempting to grab him by the back.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 04:04 PM
"Fights are always somewhat fun until Curly comes along and kills everyth- Ack!"

The shadow creature manages to grab onto Maur. He thrashes around, attempting to strike at the shadow monster.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:08 PM
Due to boredom. Thehothead decides to burn a random hole in reality and go through it. He ends up in the fight that's going on. HOLY CRAP!
He grips the salmon of doubt, and a wave of uncertainty goes through everyone else.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-17, 04:09 PM
Curly leaps to the defence of Maur, ignoring his comment. "Really Bright Light Spell. She also Teleports Maur 2 feet to the left to see what happens to the shadow. She also hits the shadow with a dagger, that also shines. Because it's glow-in-the-dark.

Castaras
2007-06-17, 04:09 PM
The shadow monster keeps a grip on Maur, attempting to teleport the two back to Zeratul's Fortress.

The player curses about being simu'd, and changes what happens to the shadow monster.

It shifts into nothing again, destroyed by the light.

But another shadow creature appears, this time shimmering with silver light, gripping a shadow sword.

You can't stop your own shadows...

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:14 PM
Everyone now doubts their own abilities, until such time as thehothead figures out whose side he's on.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-17, 04:15 PM
The shadow monster keeps a grip on Maur, attempting to teleport the two back to Zeratul's Fortress.

The player curses about being simu'd, and changes what happens to the shadow monster.

It shifts into nothing again, destroyed by the light.

But another shadow creature appears, this time shimmering with silver light, gripping a shadow sword.

You can't stop your own shadows...

Desparately battling Sadow-Curly she shouts. "HEY! Can someone else destroy the Sadow-me?" She continues to battle. Taking a small scratch to her left shoulder. "Where's a magic or sword wielding maniac like MC or Rex when you need one? Or Maur."

zeratul
2007-06-17, 04:18 PM
Mephisto yells in common "Pitifull humans, bow befor me!" Zeratul, and his wyrm charge down at curly, "You shouldn't have come Curly!"

Demons flame, singed, and sent into a rage, charges at the bound Maur, mouth open wide.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:19 PM
Thehothead now notices maur, who he saw before. He now know which side is (in his insane mind) the bad guys, and the Salmon of Doubt will effect only curly and friends. (It makes people cowardly, and they screw up easily)

He also trys to grab at any of them.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 04:21 PM
Some robot birds get their circuits fried, bt a few manage to avoid te dragon and try to peck out his eyes, fly into his nostrils, and generally make a nusance of themselves.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 04:24 PM
Mephisto yells in common "Pitifull humans, bow befor me!" Zeratul, and his wyrm charge down at curly, "You shouldn't have come Curly!"

Demons flame, singed, and sent into a rage, charges at the bound Maur, mouth open wide.

Maur turns to see Demons Flame, and attempts to jump out of the way of the dire wolf's path.

The hell hound quickly catches up with the wolf, and jumps at it, and attempts to take a large bite out of it's backside.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 04:28 PM
Demon's flame dodges, and taking this opportunnity rips at the hound's face.

Zeratul jumps off of Mephisto at Curly, charging with his runeblade.

"Now Maur, you pitifull excuse for a humanoid DIE!" Mephisto charges at maur, and flings his hound by the wayside.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:28 PM
Thehothead tries to grab maur.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 04:31 PM
"WHAT DO YOU JACKASSES WANT WITH ME?!" Maur screams. He pulls together a fireball, and hurls it at Mephisto, and attempts to also get thehothead in the blast radius.

The hound is torn at, and flung away. It promptly disappears, going back to whatever plane it came from.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 04:34 PM
"Mephisto, well done, Magtok capture Maur. We need you for leaverage Maur, and to regain our prizoners." Zeratul swings at curly with the Runeblade.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:34 PM
Thehothead is in the blast radius. However theres not a negetive effect of it on him, and he infact seems to be a bit bigger now.
In hindsight it might not have been to smart to fireball the guy who's already on fire.
Seeing as Maur didn't actually attempt to avoid it, thehothead grabs him. The rough equivlent of a flamethrower that actually burns individual molecules spouts out of his hand, into Maur.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 04:38 PM
Maur lets out a loud scream in agony. He attempts to pull away from thehothead.

"Listen to me, Mr. 'Good guy', what kind of hero attacks an unarmed, 13-year-old child? You think we're the villains?"

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 04:38 PM
All of the robo-birds gather around Maur, and attempt to lift him into the air and fly towards one of the fortresses with him.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:43 PM
The wound instantly disappears.
I beleive you directed violence at me first. It is obvious that only a curropted child would do such a thing. What I out to do is kill you to save your soul and keep you from damning yourself.He raises the salmon of doubt in his free hand.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 04:45 PM
"You were grabbing at me! And I'm attempting to protect myself against the real tyrants!"

The birds do manage to lift Maur. He, of course, thrashes around violently.

thehothead
2007-06-17, 04:47 PM
You escalated.
Not know why the birds are lifting up maur (and because he's holding unto maur, him) thehothead swings the salmon of doubt at them

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 07:19 PM
Even more birds come to take the place of any that get injured or hit by the salmon, and the group slowly makes its way towards one of the castles. The birds all speak in unison to their captives.

We will be arriving at the dungeon shortly. Please refrain from struggling, spell-casting, and fighting until we land. Then you can go ahead and beat the **** out of each other for all we care.

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 07:23 PM
Hearing Curly's trumpet, Moon Called charges forward from the general direction of the black smith's, her chains merly cut in two but not removed, and her shoulder bandaged. In her hands is a sword, obviously grabbed from the firts NPC she saw who had one. "All right, what the hell is going on here?" She shouts, charging towards Thehothead. "You've got three seconds to let go of my son before I cleave you in half!"

Saurous
2007-06-17, 07:25 PM
Maur waves to Moon Called, and tries to get her to focus her attention on the birds that are attempting to carry him off. He continues struggling.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 07:28 PM
Zeratul says, while fighting Curly"Well looks like Mephisto may be needed once again. Subdue the crazed half drow woman, now."

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 07:30 PM
The birds laugh at MC, and if they could grin, they would.

Sorry, MC. The stork made a mistake, so we're taking the kid back!

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 07:35 PM
"Damn it... Curly, get out of here! I can take care of this! You're to valuble to be killed! GO!" She shouts, glaring daggers at the birds.

No, really. A storm of daggers matirealizes in front of her and fly forward to strike the birds. This is one of the times Moon Called is very glad that she had trained with Rex.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-17, 07:43 PM
The birds all panic and fly away, trying to get away from the daggers and assuming someon else will carry Maur and thehothead. Of course, this probably would've been better news for the rebels if the birds weren't at such a high altitude.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 07:49 PM
"Holy shi-"

Maur, of course, falls. As he falls, he pulls out the Deus Ex Machina, and casts Summon Monster III again, summoning a very large, fiendish bat. He lands on top of it, and it manages to glide down to a safer altitude before it's wings give out. Maur hits the ground with minimal damage.

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 07:52 PM
Moon Called darts forward to protect Maur, wondering were that Thehothead guy went off to. "You all right?" She murmers to Maur, scanning the area around her.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 07:53 PM
Zeratul teleports over, then quickly teleports back into the frey with Curly, while he steals deus ex machina.

Mephisto flies twords the bat, and blows and engulfing blast of flame at it.
"Do you know what I am halfbreed? I am a devil, from the nine hells. You have no chance to destroy me!" He flies at her in a rage.

Saurous
2007-06-17, 07:56 PM
"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I didn't think I could do that twice."

Maur glances over at Mephisto. The bat disappears back to whatever plane it came from, and Maur snarls.

"That stupid thing has killed both of my sumonees."

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 07:57 PM
Moon Called swears, pushing Maur out of the way and raising her sword just in time.

"Really? You look like a giant slug to me." Moon Called taunts the wyrm, jumping forward to land on it's back. "Big guys like you should know better than to fight agile little things like me." She bends down, sticking her sword into it's neck.

((I'll be back in about an hour or so. By all means, wait up.))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-17, 08:18 PM
Rex appears.
Heh, this Zeratul could be the one.
He traces a few runes in the floor, as if casting a spell.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 08:18 PM
The wyrm (big frickin draggon) dodges quickly. "Do not underestimate me humanoid. I have been told to get the boy, and you, that is what I intend to do."

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 09:21 PM
((Oh... that kinda wyrm. I'm thinking of MtG type wyrms...))

"You'd be surprised how often I get told that." She says with a passive nod. "So, tell me, what's a big, mean looking guy like you working for a wimp like Zeratul? You could probably kick his ass." She says, sheathing her sword. Her hands begin to fly through leingthy somatics.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 09:23 PM
"Hah, he's more powerfull than you think. However we have a partnership, and this is a good way to exercise my chaos."

Mr. Moon
2007-06-17, 09:27 PM
Moon Called nods, her hands still flashing through the leingthy somatic components of a spell. "Ah. Now, is that the truth, or are you being paid to say that? Surely someone as old as you would know that there are better ways to reak havoc then this."

thehothead
2007-06-17, 09:37 PM
I shall now list every time where someone acted differently then they should have when around the Salmon of Doubt.

"You've got three seconds to let go of my son before I cleave you in half!"

"Damn it... Curly, get out of here! I can take care of this! You're to valuble to be killed! GO!"

"Big guys like you should know better than to fight agile little things like me." She bends down, sticking her sword into it's neck.

Moon_Called, act like you should. The Salmon of Doubt compels you. I clearly posted that everyone on the good guy's team should begin to doubt their abilities, their correctness, and just about everything else.

Thehothead falls to the ground, landing on a sharp branch in a way that makes the branch peirce him. He should seriously be dead. his cloak got caught on one of the birds, and small flames spout from random parts of his body. He pulls out the branch, and shoots a small burst of flame at the hole. The wound instantly cauterizes.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-17, 09:44 PM
I have a gamble. Will it be Curly... or Zeratul? Whoever wins is the one I kill, so that I can absorb this world and move on to the next one. So, who will it be?

He finishes his incantation for visions of the future.

zeratul
2007-06-17, 09:53 PM
Zeratul, after parrying a blow from Curly yells into the heavens, "I know youre watching Rex! You can't destroy all of us you hommicidal maniac!"

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-17, 09:57 PM
There are currently only three million, four hundred thirty-six thousand, four hundred ninety-two and three tenths of people in this world. Yes, I can destroy you all. It is just as easy as destroying the keystone. One person for whom the world turns.

Skippy
2007-06-17, 10:38 PM
Waking up after a long time, and still in the fortress, RS looks amazed.

I really hate this narcolepsy thing... I should begin medicating myself... What the...!!

Really surprised after seeing all the mess that has happened while he was unable to do anything, he quickly seeks the way to correct his bad...

What has happened here? What should I do?? Are there any survivors here? Rats!!

*Off-game* Sorry everyone, I was out all day and missed the action...

Korias
2007-06-18, 12:26 AM
God... Damnit... Why dont you die, Whelp! Soren's whip slashes out, striking his opponent. The man drops to the ground, his blue clothes slashed and battered. Because... I need to kill you first! Korias jumps up from the ground and slashes with his ownl flaming sword at the Blackguard. You do realize though, this is a clever ploy to hide the fact that our players on vacation? By having his two favorite characters duke it out? Yes. I am well aware. Too bad it wont fool either of our masters for much longer. Even though, I must abandon this fight. Its pointless, as our player needs both of us for the storyline. Aye. Perhaps we will cross blades another time. Indeed we shall. Blink! Soren zaps out of exsistence, before reappearing in Zeratul's new castle. standing in what appears to be a lavatory, he quickly exits to meet with Zeratul. Fill me in. How many prisoners? Whats Magtok's status on the AMEN Purge? Everybody knows he didnt finish the job. He stows his whip and kukiri, The same neutral expression returning to his face.

Curly! Hey. We need to talk. Korias, who had his clothes mended by a local mage, rushes up to the leader. I have a feeling that the AMEN Purge didnt go as planned. Rex is still alive, isnt he?

Lord Magtok
2007-06-18, 12:49 PM
Somewhere in the world, on some dead tree, a small black bird sits alone.

Damnit, soon they'll all realize the truth. Soren and Korias are both asking too many questions, Zeratul doesn't seem to completely trust me, and even the rebel scum have taken note of the number of survivors. I've been a complete coward this whole war, fighting with pigeons while Zeratul charges with his dragon and wolf, simply to cut costs. They're going to kill me if I don't act fast.

Castaras
2007-06-18, 01:07 PM
The shadow creatures fade away.

Cassandra opens her eyes, scrying on the fortress from her hidden lair.

Fools.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-18, 03:10 PM
Normal-Curly is EXTREMELY frustrated. "Right, I'm fighting; Shadow-me, no, she's gone; Zeratul; and what the hell else?! Oh, and familiar-Curly is fighting Demons Flame. Right.
Korias, you blind fool. Help someone RS, you help Smudge-Curly fight Demon's Flame. Now back to him. *cue banter and rapid swinging of swords for a bit*

The dragon continues to hunt down robo-birds. Spying Thehothead she sdives at him, opening her maw screaming "Dinner!" She then attempts to eat him

Somewhere far in the vast, uncharted mountain range that fills the centre of the Waste a searing wind blows through the valleys and gorges stirring sand and a lone stream. The sand shifts revealing the smallest glimpse of a burnished gold shell...it stirs. The blasting wind slowly reveals more of the shell, and another...

thehothead
2007-06-18, 03:15 PM
Thehothead bursts into flame, natural instinct, coupled with the salmon of doubt, scares the dragon into, y'know not eating him.

Mr. Moon
2007-06-18, 03:25 PM
Moon_Called, act like you should. The Salmon of Doubt compels you. I clearly posted that everyone on the good guy's team should begin to doubt their abilities, their correctness, and just about everything else.

((... My sencire appologies. Must have missed that part.

Um.... what's done is done? :smalltongue:))

thehothead
2007-06-18, 03:26 PM
((thank you.))

zeratul
2007-06-18, 03:27 PM
"Curly, It would appear your reeinforcements have shown up. Don't worry soon you will see the rest of Cassandra, and my flaming friend's powers.
Zeratul parrys one of Curly's blows, and silently aims for her kidney with a hidden dagger.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-18, 03:59 PM
The dragon is also immune to the flames. She's a FREAKIN' DRAGON. However, she doesn't swallow Thehotone; she takes off the lower and most of the upper right arm. He is now bleeding to death.

"Zeratul, if you bothered to look around your shadowmancer-whatever the hell she is disappeared. So did Magtok. And Rex is going to kill whichever one of us kills the other so-"
"-you'd better leave before I kill you!" says Familiar-Curly, parrying the dagger aimed at Curly's kidneys.

Curly nd Familiar-Curly step back, ready to attack Zer if he moves. "Plot calls for the rebel leader to tell you to go, this is because you were related to the one she loved. Stupid hackneyed plot-device. GO! NOW! Curly and Curly wait for Zeratul's reaction.

thehothead
2007-06-18, 04:02 PM
(I realize that. However, I'm acting under the base assupmtion that most creatures still have a fire=bad instinct. AND the salmon of doubt)

zeratul
2007-06-18, 04:07 PM
"Perhaps a temporarry pause in our battle could be usefull. To bring down this Rex fellow." Zeratul sheaths his sword.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-18, 04:07 PM
((The Salmon of Doubt made her NOT EAT YOU. You are still bleeding to death. Consider yourself lucky I remembered about the Salmon in the first place, and plot))

"Yes, we will accept that."
"Yes, we will accept that."[/

((But tommorrow cos I have to get off. Might be able to come back later. Basically, if I'm not back in 1hr I'm probably off 'till tommorrow. Don't do any action against me, it'll be GodModded away. See rules. If it's not in the rules it is now.))

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-18, 04:12 PM
Rex Finishes his runes, in fact, his runs spread out for about 200 feet around him, and glow brightly red. If they want to attack me, they can do so, I will eliminate them all.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-18, 04:38 PM
((Don't do any action against me, it'll be GodModded away. See rules. If it's not in the rules it is now.))

((Speaking of rules, I'd like to remind everyone of the god-moddin' rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5) It seems a lot of you don't know what god-modding is, otherwise you wouldn't be doing so much of it. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS, EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU'RE GOD-MODDING. GOT IT? BECAUSE IF I SEE ANY MORE, I'M GOING TO LEAVE THIS GAME.)) :smallannoyed:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-18, 05:06 PM
((Speaking of rules, I'd like to remind everyone of the god-moddin' rules. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5) It seems a lot of you don't know what god-modding is, otherwise you wouldn't be doing so much of it. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS, EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU'RE GOD-MODDING. GOT IT? BECAUSE IF I SEE ANY MORE, I'M GOING TO LEAVE THIS GAME.)) :smallannoyed:

@^ ((I was referring to actions saying definite consequences against me while I was offline. That is the rule I was trying to get across. So: If someone is offline you can say 'throw knife at them' then wait 'till they come back online for them to react against it. This is fine. 'Throw knife and kill that person' while someone is offline is not OK. It would then be counted as just; 'throw knife at person'. Sorry, if you took it the wrong way. I got annoyed too.))

Lord Magtok
2007-06-18, 05:13 PM
((No, it isn't that. Early on, someone escaped form the castle through some hole they found (WTF?!?), several people have just blatantly said that attacks and stuff worked instead of saying Person A attempts to [action] Person B, and several other ludicrous and unreasonable things have happened.))

thehothead
2007-06-18, 05:56 PM
Thehothead cauterizes the wound.

zeratul
2007-06-18, 06:13 PM
From the maker

((There is a new godmodding rule. Starting now, If you godmod once the action will be removed, twice the same will happen, three times a temporary death in the game, fith death, and permenant removal from the game.))

Mr. Moon
2007-06-19, 02:06 PM
((Sounds fair.

So, can we get back to the game or what?))

The spell was nearly compleate. Only a few more somatic components. No matter what, don't screw up. Remember, they want Maur. She just needed to concentrait, to overcome this feeling of doubt. Already, Moon Called could feel the power of the spell building up when... "Damn!" Her fingers slipped, ruining the entire spell. Suddenly, the sheer power that had been building up dissipated, leaving the Elf/Drow increadibly weakend.

"Crap... Maur, we need to get out of here." She grunted. Now it was a struggle just to stand, to mantain the calm attitude that her own self-doubt had threatend to destroy. Not now. Of all the times to make a rookie mistake, not now!

((In other words, I've figured out how to explain how MC acted the way she did AND use it to make her screw up. Yay plot devices! ^_^ Sure, poorly written plot devices, but you'll just have to live with it. :P))

Castaras
2007-06-19, 04:24 PM
Cassandra leans back on a blackened throne in her residence. She clicks her fingers once, calling over a small shadowy figure. It walks over, handing her three small mirrors. Scrying through them, Cassandra watches the goings ons elsewhere in the playground.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-19, 04:59 PM
"You know, somehow I doubt that we'll actually be able to do anything to Rex. At all. Plus, I need to help someone. You're also the only person aside from Thehothead who isn't at least Neutral. Well, not on your side."
"Yeah. I'll see what I can see." Familiar-Curly morphs back into Smudge and walks over to the runes. She does not touch them in any way. ((I'm assuming the Salmon only affects humans/humanoids))
Oh, about the familiar...it's not exactly a Split Personality spell. She just shapeshifts, and is a telepath. Although a while ago I did hit you with one of those, it was delayed action. I guess you countered it after all. Damn. It was a good spell.""

Off in the blasted mountain range the patient wind has gradually exposed more burnished gold shell. Two clearly defined eggs are visible now. Where there're two eggs, there's normally more.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-19, 05:14 PM
A robotic crow sails through the sky, passing over several of Zeratul's fortresses, the rebel camp, and the wreckage of what was once AMEN.

To think, all of this carnage could've been prevented. If I had just refused Zeratul, maybe I wouldn't...no, it'd be even worse. The others always hated me, they mistrusted me, they mocked me every day! If I had stopped Zeratul from rising into power, I'd still be in AMEN, and getting treated like dirt.

The rebels claim to to be the good guys, but they clearly aren't. Curly is fueled by revenge, she wants to avenge the death of Zeratul's brother or something. Moon Called, Maur, and maybe Rex are only with her because they want me dead. The rest are all blind to the truth and see things only in black and white.

Hell, I don't even know why I choose to be in this anymore. Saur is dead, I'm free from AMEN, and I could just fly away from the war if I wanted to. So what is holding me here? Why aren't I running away to some distant island?

thehothead
2007-06-19, 06:04 PM
Thehothead's seems to be straining with effort. Slowly, very slowly, a flame spouts from where was once his arm. With slightly more effort, the flame takes shape, forming into an arm. I hate it when I have to do that.
He starts running, moving the power of the Salmon of Doubt that was directed at Maur to the dragon.

zeratul
2007-06-19, 06:23 PM
Zeratul looks up "Yes I suppose it would be nie impossible to defeat Rex. Let us go our seperate ways. But not without me taking a souvenire!" He runs over to MC (who is i beleive in a state of weakness) and tries to pick her up, to carry her to the castle.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 07:54 PM
Rex dodges in front of Zeratul's attempt at catching Moon_Called. (I assume since they heard Rex's muttering, they are within the area.)

"We can make a deal."

thehothead
2007-06-19, 08:02 PM
Thehothead knows very well that Rex=bad thing. He shifts all of the power so the salmon of doubt (except that directed at the dragon) towards Rex.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 08:07 PM
Rex, with his otherworldly being, shrugs off the Salmon of doubt.
((He can see the future, it's not about whether he can succeed, but how to do it.))

thehothead
2007-06-19, 08:19 PM
The salmon of doubt, with it's other multiversely being, continues to press at making him doubt. (It's power is, in fact, proportional to the power of the most powerful individual it's affecting. It causes all who don't see it with their own eye's to doubt it's existance to the point that they instantly ignore it, and it's effects. Seeing the future would probably be what would happen if the salmon of doubt doesn't get involved.)

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 08:47 PM
(Even so, Rex's mental processes are different than normal beings, he can instantly sense when things are screwing with him. It's like if everybody's minds worked on Windows, and he was a Mac. #$%@'d up, and near impossible to infect otherwise.)

thehothead
2007-06-19, 08:51 PM
(The neurological signal would trigger SOMETHING, and the salmon of doubt expieriments until it get's it right in this case. Come up with a random result every post your nearby it then.)

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 08:57 PM
((Not if it is blocked at it's source.))

thehothead
2007-06-19, 08:58 PM
(Point, but what's being done to block it? you never said it got blocked, just that it didn't work)

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 09:01 PM
(Upon having the Salmon's power directed at him, Rex immediately senses it, and uses a small field of energy to blockage it. This doesn't even take thought, it just happens automatically, and is attuned to the energies that are entering. It it presumably a side-effect of the Rubus Oculus, with prevents clouding of truth in any way. As listed in Rubus Oculus abilities, the bearer becomes immune to Mind-Effecting enchantments, Illusions[Including Invisibility.], Critical Hits, Sneak Attacks, and cannot be flanked, )

thehothead
2007-06-19, 09:03 PM
(Ah... gonna have to resort to setting the threads of reality on fire then.)

Mr. Moon
2007-06-19, 09:11 PM
((Now now, children. Play nice. Rex, stop over-powering your characters. Hothead, stop effecting other characters without at lest allowing for a Will Save. :smallsigh: That help?))

"Hurk," Moon Called grunts, making sure to once again push Maur out of the way before taking a tired step back from Zeratul. Almost just in time, Rex lands in front of her. "Damn it Rex," she begins, but decides against it. Ugh. Her arms felt like lead. And her legs. And her head was aching.

zeratul
2007-06-19, 09:13 PM
Zeratul stops "What sort of deal? I know you well enough not to trust you. So what sort of deal?"

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 09:21 PM
"I'm part of an Organization designed to consume worlds for power, so that we can come together and build a better, complete world for everyone. You see, there are countless worlds out there, and we're slowly making our way to the center of the universe, which actually involves either killing, or preforming a ritual on the person for whom the world revolves. The ritual means that you can travel the Multiverse like me, dodging into the space between spaces, and absorbing other worlds. But, when we get to the end, an Empty space with nothing in it, we can design it into true paradise for everyone. I believe you or Curly is the person for which this world revolves, meaning I can kill one of you to induce the ritual, or convert you, as I, myself has been converted."

zeratul
2007-06-19, 09:28 PM
"The power is interguing, but I would prefer not to die. Well how do you want me to prove myself? Kill Curly?"

Lord Magtok
2007-06-19, 09:37 PM
A Mag-bird happens to witnesses Zeratul's conversation, and has a sudden change of heart. He doesn't believe any of the stuff that Rex says, and believes that if the two did pull this off, something would go horribly wrong, and he'd lose everything.

Curly's stolen phone rings.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-19, 09:43 PM
Curly, it seems, wouldn't matter, All, I'd have to do is re-register you as an outside being. This world will collapse, and I will absorb it, and you will be slung to a different universe with a new Rubus Oculus type thingy, where you'll hunt down the most powerful being, monitor them, and strike, either by offering the same ritual, or killing them, and performing a different ritual. Don't worry about discovering the ritual, it's different each universe, and will come to you eventually.

thehothead
2007-06-19, 11:19 PM
(It does have a will save, it reduces the effects. I decided to be nice and assume everyone made the save, but if you want me to stop and make it so sometimes it has the power of forcing suicide...)
Thehothead starts turning random bits of countryside to ash. Whether or not these things are actually flamable doesn't matter.

Castaras
2007-06-20, 10:01 AM
Cassandra hmms, gesturing to another shadow creature to bring her another mirror.

And the game gets ever more complicated...

Mr. Moon
2007-06-21, 07:04 PM
(It does have a will save, it reduces the effects. I decided to be nice and assume everyone made the save, but if you want me to stop and make it so sometimes it has the power of forcing suicide...)

((That's godmoding...[/quiet, sing-song voice]

Also: Bump.

@V: But it's your turn![/whine]))

zeratul
2007-06-21, 08:41 PM
((I can't do anything until Curly comes back. Furthermore I will be gone for the next two days. Keep the old saga alive for me while I'm gone will ya?))

Nibleswick
2007-06-21, 09:29 PM
Nibbleswick, has finnaly made a hole in the wall large enough to slip out into the hall. Now free he decides to follow the sounds of battle, and see what the comotion is.

((Sorry I've been a while; I just got a job as a construction worker, so I've been to caput to post. Working ten hours a day will do that.))

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-22, 08:28 AM
((Sorry about not being on but yesterday had Leaver's Ball, the day before banned from the computer.

The dragon, doubting her abilities on the battlefield, gives up and flies home; temporarily abandoning her mistress and allies. She leaves the battlefield. "Hey! Come back here, coward!" Curly screams, but the dragon ignores her. She futiley runs after the dragon and so does not here what Rex and Zeratul are talking about. She only knows that they are talking.
She stops running and looks at the pair. "I am so screwed aren't I?" Smudge is still looking at the runes inscribed on the ground, strangely disturded she gives up and walks over to Curly. Can't tell what they are. She ***** her head and says, Nibleswick's out. I'm going to him. She then disappears thrrough a portal.
Curly's stolen phone rings. She opens it and looks at caller ID, it's Magtok. She answers the phone.

A portal appears in front of Nibleswick. I'm yours to command. ((Nibleswick now controls Smudge))

Lord Magtok
2007-06-22, 06:08 PM
Curly, this is Magtok. Rex and Zeratul have this insane plan to make some stupid paradise from destroyed worlds. They plan to destroy this one, too. Zeratul is in this for the power, and it seems he's forgotten to take into consideration that his cowardly second in command would rather not die for some madman's promise of paradise.

I'm on your side now, because as much as I hate you, MC, and the rest, I can't let this happen. If you wish to discuss this further, look for a dead tree. I'll be waiting. Every single one of me.

thehothead
2007-06-22, 06:52 PM
Noticing Zeratul conversing with Rex, thehothead realizes that they are both obviously evil.
So he's on nobody's side now

Mr. Moon
2007-06-22, 07:30 PM
What the hell was Rex talking about? A paradise? Some orginization? It made no sense.

"Rex..." Moon Called grunted, now fighting just to stay awake, "what are you talking about? You want to destroy this world? Are... are you serrious?" Her knees nearly gave way, making the drow/elf swear. She plunged her borrowed sword into the ground, using it so support her.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-22, 07:42 PM
A bird flies by MC, and settles on a dead tree near her.

The pogo wants to kill us all for his crazy universal heaven idea. I'm not so sure about you, but I trust Rex about as far as I can throw him. He's definitely not the one I want deciding my fate.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-22, 07:42 PM
"Paradise." Rex whispers. "The kind that is perfection for everyone. Immortality and completeness, not even in a boring way. You see, many years ago, let's call it an infinite number of years, The multiverses were combined into one universe, and somehow it grew apart, and what was once perfection for it's beings, they found that they were missing things. When I absorb this world, along with ever other world, I can re arrange it in the final world, as written on the walls of a tesseract, with perfection. Imagine, Moon, a world where Suarous is no longer dead, where you and him and Maur can live in peace. Where Magtok can hang with his family without fear of paladins, where I can meet my lost ones. My goal is to store this world so I can fit it into the bigger puzzle where it belongs."

Saurous
2007-06-22, 07:45 PM
Maur, finally breaking free from whatever kept him from speaking for this long time, looks over at Rex.

"I seriously doubt that something like that could be created."

Lord Magtok
2007-06-22, 08:07 PM
A bird settles near Maur, and another near the pogoer.

I seriously doubt he could be trusted with this, even if it could be created.

Are we supposed to just hand over the keys to our very existence, and hope you won't decide to betray everyone and cruelly destroy the playground's piece in this puzzle? Do you expect me to slit my neck because you say heaven comes after I die?

Mr. Moon
2007-06-22, 08:22 PM
"You... you can bring Saurous back to life?" Moon Called repeats this out loud, trying out the sound of it. It was to good to be true. But what if it wasn't? "You could do that? You aren't lying?"

Saurous
2007-06-22, 08:26 PM
"It...it sounds just like another random villain's way to lure us to our deaths. When it sounds to good to be true, it almost always is...right?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-22, 08:27 PM
"Wouldn't be sensible, and just accept it, if he decides to defy me, I'll kill him with the ritual that I've already started, if he agree I'll let him serve the way, either way this plane is destroyed as you know it. But, trust me, it will all work out in the end. Magtok, howmany good guys have stepped in the way of your cures and attempts to spread well working prosthetics? Would that not be the same thing that you are doing now? Maur, don't you see? This place had once been a great place, but recent events ave divided it into factions, now only misery remains. It's time we can reboot the system and hook it up onto the network, metaphorically. There is not much left here. And it is not your decision. My advice is to use a transuniversal portal and leave this place, and make way to the center."

zeratul
2007-06-22, 08:53 PM
Zeratul turns to magtok "What do you think of this. could in theory keep the deus ex machina with me thus keeping you alive. However, it's hard to tell if Rex is for real. We do all know he's insane. I need you input on this. So, what do you think. And do not for a moment consider turning on me, and working for Curly."

Lord Magtok
2007-06-22, 09:03 PM
Hmm...

Magtok thinks this over, as he crushes the cell phone in his fist somewhere miles away.

I don't trust Rex at all. However, if we can get me and my stuff to some safe galaxy while all of these suckers go to hell, then go ahead and nuke everything.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-22, 09:04 PM
"Insanity is perception, if, for the first eight hundred years of your life you are unsure if this was it, and then told, no there is more, a world right on a border where the residents don't use magic, but use advanced technology in it's place. Where they use electronic systems to relay information back and forth. And beyond that place in another world, M. C. Escher-like in it's ways, where not only was gravity and time on perception, but reality was as well. Beyond that is so much more, and eventually, passing from world to world, you come across a world like this, many intelligent people, many powerful people, and you realize once again, that this is the place you were looking for, that the end of the rainbow isn't that far away. And then some jerk comes by, kills all your friends, and turns the world into a waste, then you are reminded of what you are going on for. I am not insane, you are just closed minded."

Castaras
2007-06-23, 04:46 AM
A flickering image of Cassandra appears near the others.

Trying to create a paradise? No thanks. Nothing would be in it for me, so why should I help any of you?

The image turns to Zeratul.

It was an okay job working with you Zer, but I've had enough of this whole playground and its intricate politics and the such like. I want my money.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-23, 04:51 AM
Curly can see various Mag-birds, Rex, Zer, MC and Maur talking but still can't really hear anything. Thinking the worst she merely edges over to a dead tree covered in Mag-birds.
Then she receives a message via dragon, "Come quick. Hatching." She leaves a note in one of the Mag-birds' memory banks hoping they all get the message.

"Back in a bit. Hatching. If you're serious about the alliance switch we'll talk."

She then takes a Mag-chick with her. "Teleport"
At the nest site Curly and Mag-chick appear a few yards away from the eggs. Four are visible. The dragon is mourning though. The remains of one shell is visible and a young dragonette (being female) is mewling at her mother's side. "Only one is live, the others didn't hatch." Curly consoles the dragon. "I know this is inapprpriate but may I sell those eggs for a true resurrection spell?"
The dragon simply nods because those young will never live in any case.
Suddenly, a wondering shop from the Discworld multiverse is visible in a cliff wall. After a brief exchange four dragon eggs are swapped for six True Ressurection spells.
Curly and the Mag-chick leave the dragon family and go to the old Castle of Zeratul. Specifically the Bone Pits. Curly finds a certain corpse and casts one of her True Resurrection spells.
Curly, Mag-chick and the newly resurrected figure "Teleport!" back to the Mag-bird laden tree. "This Mag-chick is cute. I wonder if I can keep it?"
The newly resurrected person looks around dazedly before focusing on the surroundings.

"Cassie, want to swap sides as well? Trust me, this is new to me too."

Castaras
2007-06-23, 04:53 AM
As I have said before, I have no interest in your petty affairs.

The image smirks slightly.

It's all in the money I'm afraid, m'dear.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-23, 05:10 AM
"I'll trade you something for your services. Besides, as a knid-of-mercenary working for a semi-I'm-really-evil-actually-Dark Lord did you really expect to get paid? There's more chance of a Mag-bird declaring Magtok's undying love love for both you AND MC. Whereas with me, as I'm required by plot to pay you if you enlist in my service. Shall we enter into negotiations on engaging your...remarkable abilities? I pay weel, on time and you get a deposit immediately upon agreement."
Curly then beckons Cassie away from the cluster of debatees and away from the Mag-birds too. So as to negotiate.

Castaras
2007-06-23, 06:07 AM
The image raises an eyebrow.

Oh I don't think so. Because Zeratul knows what I could do to him if he doesn't. I'd still get the money, anyway.

It floats over to Curly.

And negotiations with you? Maybe. What are you offering?

Lord Magtok
2007-06-23, 09:19 AM
The small Mag-bird attempts to fly down over near Curly.

Sorry Curly, but I was just acting impulsively, thinking Zer had left me to die with you scum. I'm going to stay on the winning side of this war. Go ahead and keep the bird, it the least I can do for someone who's about to die. Hehehehe.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-23, 02:24 PM
"Cassie Cassie Cassie, if he accepts Rex's offer he'll become an inferior Rex-type person; if Zeratul dies you won't get the money. And I don't think you're as powerful as Zeraul. Either way you're screwed."
Curly accepts the Mag-chick, but she wipes every last iota of memeory and Magtokly thing from the Mag-chick. It's now nothing more than a rather cute metallic robo-chick. "Cheep."
"Going rate of 100gp per week. Plus bonuses, and a nice little seaside state all to yourself entirely legimate, nothing illegal about how I got it to be ruled as you see fit."

Mr. Moon
2007-06-24, 04:06 PM
Moon Called frowns, still looking at Rex's back, then turns her head as she hear's Casandra's voice. She stood there for a second, stunned, and then her frown deepend as fury took over, washing away the exahustion. "Castaras? Are you serrious? You're working with Maggot? After what he did?" She drops her sword, and closes her hands into fists which shake with rage as she steps forward.

Castaras
2007-06-24, 04:08 PM
Cassandra turns to Moon_Called, mildly confused.

After he did what? And who are you? And who is this "Castaras" you speak of?

Mr. Moon
2007-06-24, 04:10 PM
((Hang on, now I'm confused. Cassandra is based of Castaras, right? :P))

Castaras
2007-06-24, 04:12 PM
(( Basic story...

Castaras got killed. She got chosen by the shadows, and was reborn as a human. She gets vague flashbacks of her past, and is essentially the same person. Except she deals in shadow rather than pie. So she doesn't remember any of it.

So yeah, Cassandra is Castaras, but without the memories. ))

Mr. Moon
2007-06-24, 04:19 PM
((That's all I need to know. :smallamused:))

Moon Called opend her mouth to make a retort, but paused before saying anything when she realized that Cassandra wasn't joking. "By the gods... Cassie, what happend to you?" She looked the same. She sounded the same. She had the same personality. So what was going on?

Castaras
2007-06-24, 04:20 PM
Errm...what?

(( And it is typical that I disappear now...*sigh* ))

Mr. Moon
2007-06-24, 04:26 PM
Moon Called frowns again, then nods. "Right. Sorry. You... look, and sound, a lot like an old friend of mine. Nevermind." Some mysteries were best left unsolved, and something told Moon Called this was such a mystery.

zeratul
2007-06-24, 04:39 PM
((I'm back!))

Zeratul steps back. "I can't accept this yet Rex. I need time to think, and first I want to crush Curly. Cassandra, I need you on my side, I'll increase the pay ten fold, and give you one of my castles."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-24, 04:39 PM
Rebirth, it's the order of the universe. Nothing is truly created or destroyed, only the illusion of such has happened. Spells summon and conjure, banish or destroy, but the object in question is alway there, in small pieces or different forms. Picture it like this, *Rex pulls out five lion action figures. * Each of these represents a universe, but if I take this Red one, my universe, and combine it with this blue one and this green one, and these other ones, one of which represents your universe. Each of the lions are fully functional in themselves, but weak, and easy to destroy, but, if I fusion them * after a few minutes of struggle, Rex reveals a humanoid figure formed by the lions * I get Voltron, defender of the universe.

Curly doesn't matter, through your agreement with me, this whole world will be destroy, rebel scum, mercenary war pigs, and imperial brats.

(Ah, the Voltron Speech, gets 'em every time.)

zeratul
2007-06-26, 06:15 PM
"I need a while to consider this, I'm lawfull mind you. I can't decide. I don't think it's a good idea."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-26, 06:50 PM
"Hm... Does 'Lawful' mean 'Stupid' in your dialect? I'm telling you, you can live and let die, or you can die and let die. There is no heroism, only escape. Now, make up your mind before I kill you for the hell of it. 1,200 years chasing this goal, I don't want to waste another day."

thehothead
2007-06-27, 01:03 PM
In a sudden burst of sanity, thehothead burns a rift in reality from where he is to where Rex and Zer are.

How do you know you have the right person?

Vhaidara
2007-06-27, 03:16 PM
A few arrows thud into the ground between Zer and Rex. A figure jumps down.
I do believe he said he needed time to think.

thehothead
2007-06-27, 03:22 PM
Thehothead instinctivly flares up.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-27, 04:33 PM
"Channellings and Divination, have you ever read a basic Magic text?" Rex turns to the interrupting figure. "And I need an Answer. Trust me, you cannot run or hide, even behind people. You cannot subdue or harm me, for that would be your last mistake. Let's make a deal. Behind door number one, you have life and power, behind door number two, you have death. Since I like this place, I'll even give a chance for people here to run away, to another plane."

zeratul
2007-06-27, 05:47 PM
"If you kill this from of me many others will follow. I'm not stupid enough to just leave one version of myself." Zeratul looks at his bow weaving protector, "Thank you, but who are you?"

Vhaidara
2007-06-27, 05:49 PM
Bookboy. I'm here to join you.

zeratul
2007-06-27, 05:53 PM
"Welcome to the club boy, Your up. Let's see if you can find the others."

Vhaidara
2007-06-27, 05:53 PM
Which others?

zeratul
2007-06-27, 05:56 PM
"Castaras, and Magtok. Hothead, stay here for security please."

Vhaidara
2007-06-27, 05:56 PM
Very well.
He sprints away.

(Since they're offline and I have to go, bye.)

thehothead
2007-06-27, 06:52 PM
What form of security? This? Both thehothead and zeratul are surrounded by flames that only project heat away from them. Or THIS? Thehothead burns rifts in reality in such a way that they completely surround them.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-27, 07:03 PM
"No, you fail to understand the significance of your death. It opens a brief space for me to consume this universe. No one will follow because only nothing will follow. Do you understand, I have nothing against you, I just want to take the easiest way out. O! Fire, how scary!" Rex Brings his hand to the flames, and let them crawl up his arm. "Screw it, I don't have time for this!"
The flames around Rex's arm cease, and Rex emits a horrible sound from his aura, the Wibble Worbbe of a Thiny, that makes those with even average fortitude, queasy in the stomach. He Looks to Zeratul with his two Rubi Oculi.
In a ghastly voice, Rex admits, "Your death has come, stand down and I can finish the ritual."

thehothead
2007-06-27, 07:06 PM
(Said flame burn rifts in reality. and their sticking in place Thehothead has complete control over them.)

Thehothead starts creating rifts in reality, partioning bits of it off from each other.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-27, 07:10 PM
"O! Hothead, why are you against me? You must have traveled the worlds and saw the same thing as me, why defend this insignificant person, when you can help in the construction of a perfect place?"

thehothead
2007-06-27, 07:13 PM
I have traveled to other worlds, but I call this one home. I've spent so much time fighting for things here, I wouldn't want all that effort to go to waste.

zeratul
2007-06-27, 07:22 PM
"And I would prefer not to die."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-27, 08:09 PM
"I once would've called this place home, but in the last few years it has changed so much that it has lost that feel. What once was a free reigning kingdom has turned into a dominating tyranny that has turned fried into foe. I Remember when me, Moon Called, Magtok, and Castaras could hang out without any fear from do gooddoer or rival evildoer to stand in the way. But that has changed, it is time we retire this domain while it still has it's dignity. Know when to fold 'em." He then turns to Zeratul, "So, then you want to go through with the Ritual?"

thehothead
2007-06-27, 11:46 PM
You misunderstand. What you are attempting, seems like taking the easy way out. I don't want to start over from scratch, I want to FIX this place. This entire war, in my mind, is being fought over what order the steps should be done in. Should law remove the spammers and trolls, the god-modders and the lawful/chaotic-stupid, paving the way for freedom, or should freedom reign, hopefully removing them? I support freedom as well, but I am a realist. Law can remove these things much easier, and thus I side with it.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-28, 08:34 AM
"The removal of the ability to do what you want is Law, yes. You must understand that freedom is only obtained by those that don't control. Chaos is the only path to Freedom, so stop spouting stupidities. I once heard a quote, 'First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.' A controlling government controls. Is the removal of these things worth it? Even considering that when you remove them, more comes back in their place? You cannot fix it, at least not by joining Zeratul."

Rex breaths after yet another rant, then continues.
You know why I don't like law? Because when you get as powerful as me, and consume worlds, and knock gods off their posts, you realize that Law cannot control you, it's only matter is to get in the way.

zeratul
2007-06-28, 07:07 PM
"Yes but fear can controll weaker men. Not you, but the people of this place. Besides, how will you get things back to the way they were if all your old friends are dead. Remember Moon Called is alive, Magtok Lives, Sauraus's son lives. You don't know how many may still live. I ordered the AMEN perge only half done, many may still live."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-28, 07:12 PM
"I really don't care. I give you your choice. Choose one."

Saurous
2007-06-28, 07:13 PM
'Oh, please. Now you're making excuses for Magtok's ineptitude in destroying AMEN? Just say he did a half-ass job and get over it."

zeratul
2007-06-28, 07:18 PM
"He did do a half ass job! He destroyed more than I told him too! He was blinded by rage. I wanted more of you alive than there are, to use as leaverage. "Why isn't anyone else disturbed by the man about to destroy the world!" Zeratul yells.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-28, 07:19 PM
Most of us are AMENites, it's a daily thing.

Saurous
2007-06-28, 07:19 PM
"Because it's long overdue? I don't know. You get used to it when you're raised by villains all your life."

zeratul
2007-06-28, 07:24 PM
"Fine Rex, I accept. I'll live, and do your ritual."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-28, 07:39 PM
Rex does a series of hand signs and the Red runes on the ground swivel and shape around the two. "This will hurt." Rex goes to punge his hand into Zeratul's chest.

zeratul
2007-06-29, 06:20 AM
Zeratul shocked practically doubles over in pain, blood dripping onto his armor. "Perhaps more than just a bit."

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-29, 09:35 AM
Rex plunges the second hand in, this one doesn't hurt, it spreads into forth-dimensional space as it reaches Zeratuls's chest. Rune circles flow from his arms into Zeratul's chest. As he spreads his arms apart separating Zeratul from his place in this universe.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-29, 10:22 AM
Magtok watches the ritual in silence, and pauses for a moment to think about the various NPCs who'll be wiped away and put in storage. A smile crosses his face, and he begins working on a portal to transfer himself to another universe.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-06-29, 11:25 AM
Curly sighs and attempts to "Teleport!" Zeratul away in the hope that magical backwash will kill or seriously harm at least one of them. If the teleport somehow works she pushes Zeratul to the ressurrected to and says "Talk."

Curly finishes wiping all the Magtokkyness out of the Mag-chick. It is now robo-chick. She begins inputting data into the robo-chick and mails it to every person in all the Universes:

Hello. We are all going to die soon. Please enjoy the music until everything ends. Yes, this could be spam but if you ignore this and everything in general ends you'll remeber this and curse yourself for not switching to another Universe. Play music.
Cheesy pop and elevator music starts.

Seeing as Magtok is multiple birds and things he gets multiple copies of this message. All playing different music. Let'ssee what the resulting cheesy, mind-numbing music does to his mind/programming.

((Apologies for not posting for so long. Crummy brother broke computer. Then computer repairmen short-circuited some of our programmes. Very professional...))

Castaras
2007-06-29, 12:51 PM
I've had enough of this.

Cassandra waves a hand at where Zeratul was, and fades away. He should find that all his money has disappeared, and reappeared in Cassandra's shadow plane. Arriving on her plane, she slowly, but surely, shifts the plane away, to some unknown universe, unreachable by all but her shadow creatures who quickly follow.

(( And...I disappear from this thread. 'Luck all you people, and have fun. ))

thehothead
2007-06-29, 01:19 PM
Thehothead continues partioning of sections of reality, so whatever happens to one section PROBABLY won't happen to the others. He then burns a rift to the elemental plane of fire, walking through.

zeratul
2007-06-29, 02:20 PM
Zeratul summons his creatures, and sends them to the plane of fire until he requires them again.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-06-29, 04:06 PM
Should Zeratul start to teleport, his forth Dimensional form would remain anchored to Rex for the duration, effectively killing Zeratul, but not nulling the ritual.

Although not seen by third dimensional creatures without the Rubus Oculus, Rex is reading and rearranging the fundamental codes of Zeratul, as well as his anchor point in this world, which is firmly connected to the heart of it. (As a computer geek, I can only relate the basic form of matter as code, but is indeed much more.)

Meanwhile on all the points of this universe which is furthest away from this ritual, giant eyes can be seen before the objects, people, and lands there are converted into red energy and start to flow to one Nexus Point.

A few Red and black portals appear nearby everyone in sight.

zeratul
2007-06-30, 10:40 PM
Zeratul whispers through the pain "I wasn't trying to teleport away, I just wanted to help my animals."

Lord Magtok
2007-06-30, 10:45 PM
Magtok finally finishes work on the portal, and sends out a robo-carrier pigeon to tell Zeratul that he'll be waiting for him in the Star Wars universe. He'll probably be hunting Ewoks or working with the Empire.

thehothead
2007-07-01, 01:46 AM
The last thread of Thehotheads consciousness in this plane picks this up, and he opens a new rift in the elemental plane of fire to the star wars universe. He wants to know what ewoks taste like.

zeratul
2007-07-01, 12:59 PM
Zeratul manages to day through the pain, "So, what now rex?"

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-01, 07:46 PM
((I'm just giving everyone a chance to get out))

The earth quakes through and through, and even distant planes feel the rumble as they start to dissipate. The Red energy consumes all.

zeratul
2007-07-02, 12:30 PM
Zeratul stands in the energy waiting for the transformation. Wondering what awaits him.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-02, 12:39 PM
"Smudge, go for Rex. Distract him." Smudge leapds for Rex aiming at his face, claws out etc.

Curly grabs hold of Lein and runs to Zeratul. "I still hate you, but I'd rather not see the world end quite yet." She tries to pull him out of the thingy rays and shove in a mindless clone. She plunges her arms into these rays to see if she can disrupt the flow. Lein confronts his brother.

((Rex, you're approaching a**hole Godmodding here. Just a warning))

Vhaidara
2007-07-02, 02:51 PM
Bookboy returns and fires several arrows at both Rex and Zer.
I never thought you'd believe this madman, Zer. I'm afraid I can't work with you anymore!

zeratul
2007-07-02, 09:48 PM
"Bookboy, Ill call for you soon, I'm not sure if I believe him or not, but I don't want to die. So save yourself now, go to another dimension, but when it comes heed my call."

Vhaidara
2007-07-02, 09:49 PM
Like I said, I'm not with you anymore. I'll go, but after this, I'm gonna hunt you down like a rabbit.
He phases out.

thehothead
2007-07-05, 02:03 PM
Thehothead walks through another rift in reality, which heals behind him.

I've discovered a simple solution to this world ending problem. Sorry boss.

Thehothead blasts everything he's got at Zer, including the full power of the salmon of doubt.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-05, 02:23 PM
Smudge hits Rex, Sending him flying like a ragdoll in the air, he lands in a cloud of dust upon the Red runes that have spread out.

By now there is red energy flowing to the center of the runes. Not to Rex, and Certainly not to Zeratul.

A song rings across the land, he Death Song. It's beautiful in it's sadness, and it seems to cry out that death is near.

"It's too late to stop," Rex says, from the disappating cloud of dust, "But I like you, let's just move on. Let bygones be bygones. You weep for a fallen soldier, but you still carry on the battle. Now the world is dying, an it cannot be saved, but you can." He points at the portals. "Or you can fight me. I've used up all my magic for the day, so you'll only have to deal with my swordsmanship." He brandishes his katana. "All you have to do is keep me distracted for ten minutes, and this world goes buh-bye, with me and everyone else. Although, you're not likely to succeed."

thehothead
2007-07-05, 02:27 PM
Thehothead simply burns another rift in reality, stepping through it before it heals.

zeratul
2007-07-05, 09:36 PM
"I wasn't trying to fight you, that was Curly, now lets con-...... who's that?" Zeratul pales at the sight of his dead brother, "What are you doing here!?"

Nibleswick
2007-07-05, 10:06 PM
Nibleswick is finally shaken from his long inactivity, and he takes a look around. Looking up he sees an orange spot in the sky. The spot slowly grows larger, until it looks about as large as the moon. Nibleswick stands, looking at this oddity in amazement until he realizes that it is indeed a giant citrus fruit.

Nibleswick takes 6789D12 citrus damage, and dies.

((I'm afraid that I'm just to busy now to keep up with the story, so I'm dropping out. See ya 'round folks.))