PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PF: Real life wizard

Xar Zarath
2015-11-20, 03:23 AM
Based on Rift_Wolf's own thread about being a pf sorcerer. This one is just being a wizard level 6 in the real world.

What would your spells be and why? What would you do in the world?

Link to Rift's thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?459624-PF-real-life-Sorcerer/page2

khadgar567
2015-11-20, 04:14 AM
Based on Rift_Wolf's own thread about being a pf sorcerer. This one is just being a wizard level 6 in the real world.

What would your spells be and why? What would you do in the world?

Link to Rift's thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?459624-PF-real-life-Sorcerer/page2

senile old man with to much prophecies to mix up like a cocktail in a bar

Xar Zarath
2015-11-20, 07:55 AM
senile old man with to much prophecies to mix up like a cocktail in a bar

?:smallconfused:

Xar Zarath
2015-11-20, 07:57 AM
so a Wizard's total spells at level 6 would be...

6th: (0th level spells) 4 (1st level spells) 3 (2nd level spells )3 (4th level spells) 2

khadgar567
2015-11-20, 08:22 AM

6th: (0th level spells) 4 (1st level spells) 3 (2nd level spells )3 (4th level spells) 2
did you read dresden files because the pf wizard in reallife = current merlin with peabody control

grarrrg
2015-11-21, 01:25 AM
Firstly, your results won't be too much different than what they've been saying in the Sorcerer's thread. There may be slight changes due to having to prepare the spells, but you'll likely wind up with 90% of the same answers.

These are only spell SLOTS, not spells known, which is the bigger factor. There's also bonus slots from having high ability score, and extra slots if you specialize.

Spells known is a bit different.
0th: ALL of them known (except for those from opposing schools) +up to 2 from Human Alt-Favored Class Bonus (levels 1 & 2)
1st: 5 (3 for starting, +2 at 2nd level), you also get to add your INT mod in 1st level spells known, +2 from Human Favored (levels 3 & 4)
2nd: 4 (2 each levels 3 and 4), +2 from Human Favored (levels 5 & 6)
3rd: 4 (2 each levels 5 and 6)

For a total of
0th: ALL - Opposing + 3
1st: 9 (assuming an INT bonus of 14)
2nd: 6
3rd: 4

Could theoretically get more if you find a friendly Wizard who allows you to copy. And there's always burning a feat to get a few more.

With a box
2015-11-21, 03:25 AM
I think there is nothing stoping a wizard from have every spell in the universe in his spellbooks except money.
by the way, How many spellbooks do we have now?

Edenbeast
2015-11-21, 04:05 AM
I'd be a necromancer working as palaeontologist, looking for exceptionally preserved fossils to animate. I'll live in a remote area where I can watch my walking fossils from my tower.
My prohibited schools are enchantment and evocation. I mainly use transmutation spells to buff my undead fossils and illusions to give it some Holywood flair.

Xar Zarath
2015-11-22, 03:13 AM
...by the way, How many spellbooks do we have now?

That depends, how much money you got?

Xar Zarath
2015-11-22, 03:15 AM
I'd be a necromancer working as palaeontologist, looking for exceptionally preserved fossils to animate. I'll live in a remote area where I can watch my walking fossils from my tower.
My prohibited schools are enchantment and evocation. I mainly use transmutation spells to buff my undead fossils and illusions to give it some Holywood flair.

Ahh night of the museum thing going on