PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Crisis

brains?
2007-06-02, 01:25 PM
So I just ordered The OMAC Conspiracy, Villains Unite, Prelude to Inifinite Crisis and Inifinite Crisis. Not recieved them yet but I was wandering what people thought of these. Identity Crisis was sweet as so I thought I'd dip my toe in the wider waters (im normally only a Batman reader)

Gavin Sage
2007-06-02, 09:35 PM
Infinite Crisis is a waste of money. The run up too it was very good, but too much of that run up ended up not terribly mattering. When its finally revealed things are completely underwhelming.

Probably the best thing to come out of that whole timeframe was Day of Vengence, but its almost entirely unconnected to the rest of the DCU. Infinite Crisis itself is only really meaningful as the setup for 52 now.

BardicDuelist
2007-06-02, 10:13 PM
Infinite Crisis was ok, but I was underwhelmed.

I'd have to say, if you want a good DC cross over, get 52. Yes, it will be a bit expensive (though they are coming out with compilations), but it is, IMHO the best thing DC has done since Identity Crisis.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-06-03, 02:40 PM
Oh, god...I want a 52 TPB so much... (Plot! Drama! Action! Lobo going on a rampage! Naked Starfire!)

Day of Vengence was pretty good...but still, the best I've read recently was Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Breven
2007-06-03, 05:08 PM
I really liked villians united it was a good story I will be agreeing with the other opinions that the actual crisis wasn't underwhelming just it should've been much better and it could've been if they didn't get wrapped up in certain things, (at times it seemed like it was a product and not a story)

Gavin Sage
2007-06-03, 05:18 PM
Infinite Crisis lacked a villian of worth, which causes the whole thing to come down. Then couldn't even keep itself that coherent as so much was going on with picking up from other issues which if you weren't reading all of DC then you might well be missing major plot points. 52's greatest feature is that it is self contained.

UglyPanda
2007-06-03, 06:56 PM
I've found myself rereading infinite crisis several times. Not because it was good, but because I had no clue what the heck was going on. Since I had only read the trades during that time, it was hard to keep track of when things happened in DC time. My favorite Infinite Crisis tie-in is the one where the Earth-One and Two Supermen exchange worlds.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-06-03, 10:36 PM
It's like Infinite Crisis was just a lynch pin meant for several much better crossovers. IC itself isn't that satisfying, but everything that developed before, around, and after it has been pretty great. And I liked the fights between the Superpeople.

A certain death sort of upset me, though. For the sake of spoilers I won't mention it here, but I was really hoping he'd take over a rather prime role in the DCU some time later from his mentor. They keep teasing about his ressurection and claiming it's impossible, too. That's driving me nuts.

Gavin Sage
2007-06-07, 07:58 PM
This gets into different ways of viewing things, but while I agree IC is a lynchpin for better stories built around it that means by its very nature it has to be at least decent. Otherwise I'm left with having to ignore the bigger story, which cuts into my enjoyment.

Beleriphon
2007-06-07, 10:30 PM
A certain death sort of upset me, though. For the sake of spoilers I won't mention it here, but I was really hoping he'd take over a rather prime role in the DCU some time later from his mentor. They keep teasing about his ressurection and claiming it's impossible, too. That's driving me nuts.

You don't mean a certain person that is like another certain person because said person is a clone of the original person do you?