PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody explain to me...

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 03:19 PM
...What the heck kind of reasoning is behind "The cloaked ghost is THE GHOST OF MIKO'S PALADINHOOD?"

How does this work? Every job you have gets its own ghost? If I quit my job now, the Ghost of Rid's Editor Job will chase people around?

Is it personality aspects? The Ghost of Rid's Temper and The Ghost of Rid's Sense of Humor hate each other?

Maybe Miko isn't a single person, but several souls amalgamated into one body?

Seriously, can anyone explain to me how A: this idea was suggested, and B: it looks like a lot of people agreed with it immediately.

I mean... how?

Basalock
2007-06-02, 03:22 PM
Most people on this forum are nutjobs :smallannoyed:

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-06-02, 03:23 PM
Most people on this forum are nutjobs :smallannoyed:

Fixed it for you.

jindra34
2007-06-02, 03:25 PM
The forum recently went crazy... this is but one of the many signs...

Cryo
2007-06-02, 03:27 PM
It's a concept used in many stories... a character with several extreme personalities splits between "aspects". I couldn't think of an example for a second, until I thought of this. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0382.html)

I can't remember the other shows/books that exploited this, but I've seen it often... Not that I'm a big fan of this theory, though.

Froody
2007-06-02, 03:28 PM
It's the Miko fans acting like her favorite character: Ignoring all possibilities in order to arrive at a preconceived conclusion that happens to support their existing emotional state :P

Just the same as with theories like Miko suddenly bursting out of jail, immediately heading to the throne room without actually knowing Xykon and Redcloak are there, killing both villains, and voila, being redeemed :P

jindra34
2007-06-02, 03:30 PM
It's a concept used in many stories... a character with several extreme personalities splits between "aspects". I couldn't think of an example for a second, until I thought of this. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0382.html)

I can't remember the other shows/books that exploited this, but I've seen it often... Not that I'm a big fan of this theory, though.

I can think of lots... though in most cases it has to do with a massive spike in charecter power...

Spiryt
2007-06-02, 03:34 PM
The forum recently went crazy...

Fixed... I like this joke :smallbiggrin:

Khoran
2007-06-02, 03:41 PM
This may just be me not paying attention, but Miko fans generally tend to be a little crazy and actually think like Miko. She didn't really fall, this is a test, ect (This includes the Miko Blackguard fanatics.) They look for every possible way that their favorite character can return to being a paladin.

And no, that wasn't Miko's Paladinhood ghost. That was another Paladin. I'm sure there is more then one blue cloak in Azure City.

jindra34
2007-06-02, 03:42 PM
This may just be me not paying attention, but Miko fans generally tend to be a little crazy and actually think like Miko. She didn't really fall, this is a test, ect (This includes the Miko Blackguard fanatics.) They look for every possible way that their favorite character can return to being a paladin.

And no, that wasn't Miko's Paladinhood ghost. That was another Paladin. I'm sure there is more then one blue cloak in Azure City.
actually were talking about gray cloak but yeah...

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 03:44 PM

That's not the same. have you noticed that none of those aspects of Haley ever do anything specifically independent from Haloey herself? Havinga shoulder-devil and a shoulder-angel (or a shoulder-goth) does not imply having multiple ghosts that can rampage around.

Dausuul
2007-06-02, 03:55 PM
That's not the same. have you noticed that none of those aspects of Haley ever do anything specifically independent from Haloey herself? Havinga shoulder-devil and a shoulder-angel (or a shoulder-goth) does not imply having multiple ghosts that can rampage around.

Now there's an interesting question. So far we've seen shoulder-angel and -devil (and -slaad and -modron) for Elan; shoulder-devil and -demon for Belkar; and Haley's personality fragments.

Does Miko have a shoulder-devil and shoulder-angel?

And if so, which is the good one and which is the bad one? :smallamused:

Baalzebub
2007-06-02, 04:01 PM
...What the heck kind of reasoning is behind "The cloaked ghost is THE GHOST OF MIKO'S PALADINHOOD?"

How does this work? Every job you have gets its own ghost? If I quit my job now, the Ghost of Rid's Editor Job will chase people around?

Is it personality aspects? The Ghost of Rid's Temper and The Ghost of Rid's Sense of Humor hate each other?

Maybe Miko isn't a single person, but several souls amalgamated into one body?

Seriously, can anyone explain to me how A: this idea was suggested, and B: it looks like a lot of people agreed with it immediately.

I mean... how?

So... why did you assume that was Miko or something like that? what's your point? :smallconfused: I don't get it.

Bavarian itP
2007-06-02, 04:05 PM

I never heard of this theory before, but it made me laugh hard.

happyturtle
2007-06-02, 04:07 PM
Good angel: Smite Evil!
Lawful angel: Smite Chaos!
Evil demon: Smite! Smite! Smite!
Slaad: Rational linen dentistry!

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 04:14 PM
it's been proposed by people in at least two threads, and then usually gets at least one other person going, "yeah! I agree!"

Morty
2007-06-02, 04:14 PM
Yet another proof that the lack of newest strip has destructive results on forum members' minds:smallannoyed: .

Setra
2007-06-02, 04:20 PM
Yet another proof that the lack of newest strip has destructive results on forum members' minds:smallannoyed: .
Huh? I thought Negative Energy was Friday's Strip.

Then again I suck with dates.

Morty
2007-06-02, 04:27 PM
Huh? I thought Negative Energy was Friday's Strip.

Then again I suck with dates.

:smallconfused: No, I've read it at thursday, which means that it was wedensday strip, as I'm few hours away from US. So we're stil waiting for friday strip, which provokes forum members to spawn bizzare theories.

jindra34
2007-06-02, 04:28 PM
:smallconfused: No, I've read it at thursday, which means that it was wedensday strip, as I'm few hours away from US. So we're stil waiting for friday strip, which provokes forum members to spawn bizzare theories.

actually the insanity started late wensday...

Setra
2007-06-02, 04:28 PM
It'll come up when it comes up.

For all we know he's getting Start of Darkness ready to sell, or somesuch.

I'm just waiting for it to pop up before this thread reaches page two, then everyone can go "Oh, there it is".

Morty
2007-06-02, 04:30 PM
It'll come up when it comes up.

For all we know he's getting Start of Darkness ready to sell, or somesuch.

Oh, I'm not complaining. It'll come when it comes, as you said. But the more the strip is late, the more insane theories appear. And the "Belkar's Romantic Interest" and "House of Horrors" threads are reching new levels of disturbance.

Setra
2007-06-02, 04:31 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining. It'll come when it comes, as you said. But the more the strip is late, the more insane theories appear.You mean kind of like this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46052)?

Morty
2007-06-02, 04:32 PM
You mean kind of like this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46052)?

It isn't really that implausible if you compare it to some of the others.

dehro
2007-06-02, 04:32 PM
ye gods..it's easy..that's gotta be Shojo

the cloak is of the wrong color because he was no paladin, but he's still there by right/duty because of his bloodline.

Setra
2007-06-02, 04:35 PM
It isn't really that implausible if you compare it to some of the others.I do actually notice all the silly theories, my favorite being Scruffy is Lirian.

I just like to feign ignorance.

ocato
2007-06-02, 04:35 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining. It'll come when it comes, as you said. But the more the strip is late, the more insane theories appear. And the "Belkar's Romantic Interest" and "House of Horrors" threads are reching new levels of disturbance.

Miko is an Aasimar! Haley is going to marry Belkar! Sabine has a robotic left eye that sees the future! Thog is actually a psychic warrior!

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 04:38 PM
You mean kind of like this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46052)?

Yeah, but that was an intentional joke.

Bluelantern
2007-06-02, 04:41 PM
Sorry, the insanity in the forum is my fault http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45881

teratorn
2007-06-02, 04:43 PM
Paladins can not have evil little demons on their shoulders. They would fall.

There were not that many people talking about the topic in this thread. At least not in the way the starter of this thread seems to imply. It's just an idea someone tossed in the main thread and one or two people found likely. The fact that this is the first thread devoted to it means it's not something generally agreed upon.

This may just be me not paying attention, but Miko fans generally tend to be a little crazy and actually think like Miko.

Yeah you're right, almost as bad as those forum members who write posts just to call other people crazy.

happyturtle
2007-06-02, 04:44 PM
There are so many wacky theories that it's hard to tell the jokes from them. (In case anyone is wondering, I don't really think Mr Scruffy is inside Xykon's phylactery!)

Setra
2007-06-02, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but that was an intentional joke.
Really? I couldn't tell because of the complete lack of correlation to the actual story in itself.
I'm just waiting for it to pop up before this thread reaches page two, then everyone can go "Oh, there it is".Curses

jindra34
2007-06-02, 04:50 PM
Really? I couldn't tell because of the complete lack of correlation to the actual story in itself.

It was a joke... see my question and his response...

Setra
2007-06-02, 04:52 PM
It was a joke... see my question and his response...
Wait.. were you talking about the original Topic (about Rube) being a joke, or his response to mine being a joke..

See now you confused me.

Ridureyu
2007-06-02, 04:59 PM
This conversation is becoming more convoluted than the new Pirates movie.

jindra34
2007-06-02, 05:03 PM
Wait.. were you talking about the original Topic (about Rube) being a joke, or his response to mine being a joke..

See now you confused me.

I was talking about rube blackgaurd miko thread...

happyturtle
2007-06-02, 05:13 PM
I have to go to bed, but the ghost of my paladinhood is going to sit up all night obsessively watching the RSS feed for the next comic.

jindra34
2007-06-02, 05:19 PM
I just rememebered that the OT reason had something to do with the unbreakability of the honor of a paladin...