PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Original back up character ideas

djwood
2015-11-20, 10:40 AM
Like my DM is a heartless **** (love you man!) that kills everyone . Me and my friends, are making backup characters. And I feel comfortable having at least 3 ideas in the back of my head.

I was wondering what kind of cool builds you guys have!

Right now, I'm playing a Tarzan/berserker (fate stay night unlimited) character which is. Amazing OP Hahahaha

And as a backup a wizard/ranger/Druid pokemon trainer, and in the making I'm trying to make a Egyptian basketball player, where the pyramids were actually basketball courts (not sure how to build him yet! But yea, what awesome funny builds did you make?

What was your inspiration?
What was the theme of your build?
Do you multiclass? (If not, you should!)
How did you play him/her? (If it was an Italian did you use your hands to talk?!?)

If you're character is dead on amazing or/and fabulous he will be used by me in the future haha

Geddy2112
2015-11-20, 01:09 PM
I currently have 38 concepts in the queue. Most of them are shameless rips from famous people, most of those being musicians. Pat Benetar as a drow cleric, Hunter S Thompson as a gunslinger druid...a few original ones, and several fictional characters like Hannibal Lecter as an alchemist. I could send you my master list if you want.

I try to build the character as close to the source of inspiration as possible. Match the mechanics, abilities, alignment etc as close as possible. Obviously, a bunch of famous humans don't translate perfectly into a sword and sorcery universe, but it can be done. I multiclass if need be, and roleplay them as true to form as I can-for better or worse. I would rather be true to the concept than build something totally OP.