PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Character Creation

D Knight
2007-06-02, 06:43 PM
I have started out with little to no knowlege of psionic and i need help to start out. the few questions i have are as followed. what are power points? also how do you figure how many pp you get at each lv? any help would be great.

Emperor Tippy
2007-06-02, 06:45 PM
See the Expanded Psionics Handbook or check the SRD

http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/psionicRacesClassesSkillsSpells.htm

TheOOB
2007-06-02, 07:03 PM
Power points fuction much like mp in most video game RPGs, you get x number of them per a day, and more powerful powers use more points, so you could use your weaker powers a bunch of times, or sink all your points into using your most powerful powers a couple times.

Really though, the XPH or the SRD will tell you everything you need to know. If you can figure out how the core magic system works, psionics will be no problum, psionics is much less complicated.

Smiley_
2007-06-02, 07:07 PM
ooh, psions.

Psions can be very nice to play. Versatile without being overpowered.

Rather than spell slots, a psion gets power points. A first level power uses fewer power points than a 3rd level power and so on.

you have six schools, one for each of the primary statistics. your school chosen dictates the modifier you add to DCs and such. A half orc egoist can use strength as his main stat, adding that to his saves.

Egoist-Psychometabolism-STR-Manipulation of the body, healing, shapeshifting, fun stuff .
Nomad-Psychoportation-DEX-manipulating space and time.
Savant-Psychokinesis-CON-Blasty stuff.
Shaper-Metacreativity-INT-making stuff that wasn't there before.
Seer-Clairsentience-WIS-Sensing stuff. Kinda like divination.
Telepath-Telepathy-CHA-Suggestions and mind control!

Now, the type of psion only dictates which stat improves DCs and extra power points, but the types of powers can be used as long as the level does not exceed the statistic for that power-10. For example, an Egoist with a CON score of 16 could cast Psychokinetic powers up to level 6.

Crafting junk to hold extra power points is useful as they tend to be used up quickly.

Dhavaer
2007-06-02, 07:17 PM
snip

I think you may be thinking of 3.0 psionics. 3.5 psionics is very different and much simpler.

Fourth Tempter
2007-06-02, 07:21 PM
Yes--it actually works now.