View Full Version : Optimization Best (RAW) way to make an Air Breather?

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-11-20, 09:00 PM
I have a fey creature with the aquatic subtype. Unfortunately it does not have the amphibious quality. How do I get it?

I am aware of the Amphibious Creature template in Stormwrack, but it does not apply to fey.

Thank in Advance!

Troacctid
2015-11-20, 09:04 PM
Spell Compendium has the Air Breathing spell, which lasts for 2 hours/level and allows you to breathe air. It's not a perfect solution, but it can work.

ryu
2015-11-20, 09:13 PM
Spell Compendium has the Air Breathing spell, which lasts for 2 hours/level and allows you to breathe air. It's not a perfect solution, but it can work.

So just make an item of it with continuous duration.

xyianth
2015-11-20, 09:23 PM
Can you use the elemental racial variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm) rules to create an Air version of your fey? Not exactly an air breather, but breathless(Ex) is actually better.

Twurps
2015-11-21, 04:45 AM
Take Vow of poverty. It gives you greater sustenance at lvl12 and lots of other goodies. :smalltongue:

Uncle Pine
2015-11-21, 05:33 AM
Create a Mobile Fishbowl (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MobileFishbowl). Glass works, riverine works better.
Fill the Mobile Fishbowl with water.
Change the water every now and then. Create Water can help if you don't have access to mundane water.

EDIT: I also remember some sort of hydrated suit mind flayers use to prevent their bodies to dry when they venture in hot climates, but I can't find it at the moment.

Darrin
2015-11-21, 06:51 AM
I am aware of the Amphibious Creature template in Stormwrack, but it does not apply to fey.

Take the Human Heritage feat (Races of Destiny), and you can qualify for the Amphibious template.

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-11-21, 09:48 AM
It turns out I don't I have to worry about this. It is a 3.0 where amphibious was not a named "Quality." Don't you have to apply inherited templates before feat selection?