PDA

View Full Version : Guessing The fate of Belkar is the fate of the world.

Talon Sky
2015-11-20, 11:39 PM
If Belkar is dead, the world is at it's end. And if Belkar lives, the world will be saved. Here's my reasoning:

The last priest of the demigods....will vote yes. Hel believes her moment of triumph has come. Then, Belkar walks in....and votes no.

Because Belkar IS THE sexy, shoeless, God of War.

Killer Angel
2015-11-21, 05:39 AM
I don't think that self incensing is sufficient to become a God.

Jankmaster98
2015-11-21, 06:11 AM
If Elan's belief in a puppet is enough, I would assume self belief if strong enough can make you at least a minor Emphasis on minor god.

Synesthesy
2015-11-21, 06:27 AM
If Elan's belief in a puppet is enough, I would assume self belief if strong enough can make you at least a minor Emphasis on minor god.

Actually, nope. To become a God (as a 'source of divine power'), you need believers. You can't be your own believer, you need someone else. Elan for Banjo is someone else. Belkar for Belkar isn't.

However, I don't think that Belkar sees himself as a God of War in a theological way :smalltongue:

Talon Sky
2015-11-21, 07:00 AM
I dunno, guys. Belkar's divine might did bring him back from the realm of the unconscious once :p

Vendanna
2015-11-21, 10:19 AM
Actually, nope. To become a God (as a 'source of divine power'), you need believers. You can't be your own believer, you need someone else. Elan for Banjo is someone else. Belkar for Belkar isn't.

If I were going on the absurd/funny reasoning I would say that Belkar becomes a sexy shoeless God of War because the Priest that removed his curse on Greysky city of thieves changed "Gods" after Belkars teachings on how to solution problems with violence.

Jenny along her multiclass with bard? went along the priest (skipping town) and expanding the church of the shoeless around the continent.

Once belkar became a God of War, chains attached for free to his daggers and he could resurrect his old friend and mentor. (this obviously is a joke and cannot be considered cannon)

:smalltongue:

Macros
2015-11-21, 11:42 AM
The last priest of the demigods....will vote yes. Hel believes her moment of triumph has come. Then, Belkar walks in....and votes no.

I'll chalk this theory up as "rather unlikely".

... plus, it'd still be a tie. :smalltongue:

Bongos
2015-11-21, 03:24 PM
Belkar may indeed be a sexy shoeless God of War, but not in the North pantheon. They have a God of War, Tyr, and he's already voted yes.

Unless of course, there is a distinction between a God of War and Sexy Shoeless God of War.

Pyrous
2015-11-21, 04:43 PM
Belkar may indeed be a sexy shoeless God of War, but not in the North pantheon. They have a God of War, Tyr, and he's already voted yes.

Unless of course, there is a distinction between a God of War and Sexy Shoeless God of War.

While a Sexy Shoeless God of War may have a distinct portfolio from a "pure" God of War, I would still expect a Godsmoot vote for inclusion on a Patheon (maybe a patheon specific godsmoot, but still a vote). FWIW, I would expect the same for popular puppets.

Jankmaster98
2015-11-21, 06:17 PM
Makes me wonder, the Dwarves (and presumably the gnomes) worship the Northern Gods, the Elves Worship their own gods, and Humans worship any one of the Western, Northern, or Southern Gods. As we have not seen any halfling lands, nor do we know where they lie, do we know whether or not the halflings have their own pantheon or just worship one of the regional ones?

If so, I still want to see Belkar rise to become the Halfling God of War!

Lord Stoneheart
2015-11-21, 11:48 PM
I dunno, guys. Belkar's divine might did bring him back from the realm of the unconscious once :p

Belkar has divine ranks? That's news to me.

Also, even if he did ascend to godhood halfway down his fall on the mountain, he wouldn't be a member of the Northern Pantheon. So he still can't influence the vote that way.