PDA

View Full Version : [Spell/Enhancement] Someone beautiful is cursed...

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-02, 08:18 PM
Disfigure
Necromancy
Level: Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: One living creature
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You cause your target to suffer horrible deformities and hideous scarring from blows they have recieved. Each time they are the target of a healing spell within the duration of the spell they must succeed on a save or take 1 point of permanent Charisma damage per 2 hit dice worth of healing. Spells that heal a specific amount, such as Heal, do not cause charisma-damage.

Arcane Material Component: Sloughed skin of a leper.

-=-=-=-=-

Disfiguring
A disfiguring weapons deals 1 point of Charisma damage when it hits as its blows mutilate and deforms the area of the creature it strikes. A critical hit does not multiply the Charisma damage. Unliving creatures are not affected by this enhancement.
Moderate necromancy; CL 7th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, disfigure; Price +1 bonus.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-02, 08:28 PM
Ooh...deadly, very deadly. Would work very well against a lot of PCs, especially with CHA being so dump-y...*applause*

On the subject of the material component...not something that would be usually seen in a spell component pouch, even if there's not a GP value for it. Maybe the DM should have the player RP a way to it or go on an adventure for it...

Icewalker
2007-06-02, 08:34 PM
Nice. Quite fun, and quite evil.

Demented
2007-06-02, 08:53 PM
Charisma has more to do with force of character than scars and disfigurements. That doesn't really stress believability here, up until the point where a character is rendered permanently unconscious "because he's so ugly!" :smallconfused: One also has to wonder the fate of a spontaneous caster.... "I'm so hideous, I can't cast spells!"

*shrug*
Just peculiar.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-02, 08:57 PM
Well, when your face is covered in scar tissue and you can't talk well because your lips are swelled almost shut and you move differently because of how you healed... its more than just looks, it affects most of you.

And I'm sure its disconcerting to most any creature to find itself looking like a monster.

I could throw in that it also fills them with revulsion of themselves if you like...

Korias
2007-06-02, 10:52 PM
Remind me to NEVER join your campaigns, VT. These spells are getting too creepy.

Mechanicaly, it works. It'd be funny to see this happen to somebody like Nale, who needs charisma for that ever-so-needed bluff check.

jindra34
2007-06-02, 10:53 PM
Remind me to NEVER join your campaigns, VT. These spells are getting too creepy.

Mechanicaly, it works. It'd be funny to see this happen to somebody like Nale, who needs charisma for that ever-so-needed bluff check.

i thought it was obvious you would not want to play in his campaign dude to monsters... they make these spells look nice...

Dhavaer
2007-06-03, 12:28 AM
I'm sure the weapon enhancement is in the Book of Erotic Fantasy, except they have an actual appearance ability...

Reinboom
2007-06-03, 03:36 AM
I question the effects on an already hideous creature or someone who was already using their frightening appearances as intimidation fodder.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-03, 08:26 AM
I question the effects on an already hideous creature or someone who was already using their frightening appearances as intimidation fodder.
Well, look, there are just some facets of D&D that make no sense. I just twist the crazy rules to my purpose.

SurlySeraph
2007-06-03, 11:51 PM
i thought it was obvious you would not want to play in his campaign dude to monsters... they make these spells look nice...

True, Vorpal's monsters make Cthulu look like Mr. Rogers.