PDA

View Full Version : In Kele's Bright Shadow

Vhaidara
2015-11-21, 09:10 AM
Even with the cobblestones of Argent Avenue and the foliage of Aria Park still wet from the morning’s light rain, dozens of Kintargans have gathered along the facade of the opera house to protest the city’s new lord-mayor, Paracount Barzillai Thrune. The city’s new leader was appointed by Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, in the wake of the previous lord-mayor’s sudden flight from the city— an event that still has local rumormongers whispering furiously. In a scant seven days, Paracount Thrune has instituted martial law, a curfew, and seven outlandish and polarizing proclamations. These actions and more have called many of Kintargo’s dissatisfied citizens here on this overcast morn. There’s been no sign yet of Barzillai Thrune himself, and the opera house’s doors remain tightly closed—as they have since the man chose the landmark as his new home—but judging by the growing sound of the protesters, he surely can’t ignore the scene on the streets below much longer.

There are a number of different groups here
Kintargo partisans (who despise Cheliax’s tightening grip on their city and demand local rule)
Economic conservatives (who feel the squeeze as Thrune enacts new taxes and business policies)
Advocates of democracy (whose bitterest complaint is Thrune’s appointment instead of legal election)
Anarchists (who hope the protest turns into a good riot)
Chelish loyalists (who support Thrune’s actions to curb the city’s dissentious streak)

What has brought each of you here varies, but by now you all have arrived.

You notice a figure watching the proceedings from behind a curtained window on the third floor of the opera house

“I hear that bodyguard of Thrune’s, that woman Nox, is half devil. She’s too ugly to be just human, that’s for sure!”
"I heard that there's a law in progress to force one of the local whores to walk around naked everywhere. Thrune's a right bastard, isn't he?"
The whore in question is probably Celeste, a woman who appeared about a year ago. Honestly, the law would be a formality: from what you've heard (and seen) she generally doesn't wear much, if anything.
"There's a rumor that the Sarini bastard returned recently. Gods help him if his family finds him."
“The Thrashing Badger burned down a few nights ago. They’re saying it was another bar fight gone too far, but they’re just a bunch of drunk old professors and barristers… Seems like a lot of places are burning down lately, between this, the Silver Star, and the Victocora estate.”
After this hour
"When Thrune converted the Temple of Calistria to Abadar, a lot of people were locked up. But I heard that several of the priestesses escaped and are in hiding throughout the city."

Okay, so, you guys have some time to interact with the crowd. You have several prewritten options, or you can bug me in skype about other possibilities. Send them to me directly if I don't respond within like 30 minutes in the group chat, probably means I'm at work or otherwise engaged and don't want the question getting buried.
Also, everyone remember your Reason for Protesting gives you a bonus to checks made during this.
You can...
Listen for Rumors: Either a DC 15 Diplomacy check to shmooze your way or a DC 15 Perception check to overhear info, this will give you another roll on the rumor mill.
Pilfer: DC 20 Sleight of Hand to make some extra cash (note that you might get caught)
Rabble Rouse: Diplomacy or Perform checks to stir up the crowd. Will give you some benefits in upcoming events depending on how well you do.
Search for Contact: Only for those with the Meeting a Contact Reason, roll a Perception check for me to see if you can find your contact.
Silence Undesirable Elements: The five factions listed above are turning the protest into a jumbled mess with no clear goal. You can attempt to silence one of them, using Intimidate or Bluff.
Watch the Crowd: Perception or Sense Motive to get a feel for the attitude of the crowd.

This check will represent the first hour of the protest. Choose wisely.

In a side street near the park, a figure in a light blue cloak with a strangely deformed back leans against a wall, simply listening to the crowd.

stack
2015-11-21, 01:38 PM
Maximilian Aereous Novaria

A fair crowd, despite the weather. More bodies make it harder for a meeting to be observed, but unfortunately will also make finding my contact more difficult as well. Still, meeting the Silver Raven's under the paracount's nose is certainly entertaining.

If it isn't a set-up. Eyes sharp or you could end up on the black altar yet. The pale young man keeps his hood over his head, his cloak long and attire carefully matching the average of those around him, an attempt at being utterly unmemorable.

Single black glove, male human...hope I don't run into a forgetful inquisitor by mistake. Will this lead me to you, Octavian? Or are you already dead and I risk my life in vain hope? Nothing for it but to look.
rolled 18 in OOC, +2 for reason to protest = 20

Bhaakon
2015-11-21, 07:18 PM
Nibs

"Bloody Hells, there's a lot of people here." Nibs quietly exclaims as he slithers between the bodies. Secretly he always felt that the city population could use a little thinning out. There were already too many of the talls stumbling over one another without half of them gathered together in one spot--that kind of press was a serious hazard to those who we were always in danger of getting stepped on.

"Gah, let me through." He pushes onward, keeping a wary eye out for the person with one black glove. "Outta the way!" He slips through another knot of protesters. What kinda twit wears one glove, anyway? Fookin' stupid, if you ask me.

Nibs turns around to scan the crowd once more, catching a look at the opera house in the process. A flurry of the curtains on the third floor catches his attention, and he spots a figure up there, watching. "Oh, the Man himself?" He wonders aloud. "Bet he loves the drama, being the kinda idjit who'd live in an opera house." But he was here for a reason, and it wasn't gawking or dropping eaves (no matter how enticing the latest rumor floating about the crowd was).

Perception to find contact, includes +2 from Reason to Protest: [roll0]

Frosty
2015-11-22, 12:36 PM
Celeste

This is the first time the woman has been out of the temple of Shelyn in a week. What has been happening?

It's been such an intense week, all my memories, flooding back. Who I am...what I a...what I've done before Kintargo...what I've done for the past year. And...what my urges still want me to do now. I cannot hide from the world forever, and I may as well find out what's been going on.

Looking at the large crowd gathered, she starts carefully walking through, holding parts of her revealing dress to make sure it doesn't get stepped on. She speaks to who looks agitated. "Hi there. I've been...away for a little bit. What's the newest that's gotten everyone all riled up?"

Using Diplomacy to gather information/rumors. +2 from Staying up on Current Events. [roll0]

Desril
2015-11-22, 04:36 PM
Anya

While Celeste speaks to a nearby group, Anya looks more irritated. She wasn't wearing a disguise, so she didn't stay especially close to the whore, but didn't feel like getting to far away from her...friend. Strange that I think of her that way...Putting the thought aside for now, she shakes her head and watches the protestors. It's about time things started to boil over. Mother has been anxious ever since he claimed the opera house. I can't make too much of a scene or it'll cause problems, but if I silence a few of Thrune's supporters it shouldn't be a big deal. As long as I don't make it overt it's no problem.

Listening around for the loyalists who are being loudest, Anya makes her way over to them, glaring without a word in an attempt to cow them silently. With this, no one can say I've done anything wrong. I never opposed them, after all. I can't be blamed if they're too fearful to speak up.

Silence Undesireables: Chelish Loyalists [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-11-22, 05:09 PM
Maximilian

Though he is looking very closely, Maximilian is unable to locate the one gloved man. However, as he watches, he can feel an undercurrent through the crowd, almost as if someone were preparing for...something.

Nibs

While Nibs has no more luck than Maximilian in locating the contact, to his eyes, the crowd seems irritated and discontent, but unlikely to actually turn violent.

Celeste

The man turns to her.
"They say that Thrune is going to close up the docks! My damn ship doesn't leave for another week, and I don't want to get stranded in sodding Cheliax."
Then he seems to notice who she is
"Aren't you that whore who just gives it away? I think I remember you from when I was in port a few months ago. But you had fewer clothes on."

Anya

Anya gets a rotten tomato in the face.

Round 2. I'll be keeping track of bonuses you guys accrue.

Bhaakon
2015-11-22, 07:17 PM
Nibs

Pushing through the crowd, Nibs can't help but feel disgust at the clear lack of backbone. Sure, everyone was willing to whine about arbitrary regulations and increased taxes, but whining wasn't going to change anything, no many how many people gathered up on one place to do it. Hopefully the one-gloved contact would have more action in mind than this big old pity-party. If I can fookin' find 'im

Look for my contact some more: [roll0]

stack
2015-11-22, 08:51 PM
Blast, something is getting wound here and I haven't found him yet. Should have spotted him by now. I want this done before this street turns red.Maximilian thinks, starting to wonder about escape routes (preferably ones that don't involve burning down half the city).perception to find contact [roll0]

Frosty
2015-11-22, 10:04 PM
Celeste

Celeste didn't see her 'friend' in the crowd, and continues to see what's going on. "Err...a whore who gives it away will be a hungry whore indeed. I don't really give it away without a good reason...and today is definitely NOT one of those days. I'm just here to see if there's anything I should watch out for. Do you know why so many people are here?"

More getting rumors / reasons for the gathering: [roll0]

Desril
2015-11-23, 02:51 PM
Anya

Immediately swapping moods from mildly agitated to angry, the noblewoman wipes her face clean of the rotten fruit and searches around for the attacker with a fire in her eyes. I can't kill whoever did it...but I can find them and let them realize how screwed they are, she thinks to herself as she does her best to look down on the Chelish Loyalists.

"Whoever did that...it's in your own best interest to come forward. Now. If I have to find you myself..." She lets the sentence go unfinished. Far more effective to let their minds fill in the blanks. Now all she has to do is wait for someone nearby to point her to the fool.

Round 2, same as round 1 [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-11-23, 03:38 PM
Nibs and Maximilian

Neither of you has any luck locating the gloved man. You're starting to wonder if he's even here yet.

Both of you see the same thing: There's a man bumping into people in the crowd. What makes this notable is that it seems to be intentional: he's picking their pockets. A lot of honest people are here, and this man is stealing from them. How do you respond?

Celeste

The sailor doesn't seem to pay Celeste any more mind, but a local man turns to her.
"Thrune's managed to piss off just about the entire city. Looks like one of the nobles is over there throwing a fit at his loyalists now. I'm just worried about the noises coming out of the old livery. Place was supposed to be torn down about a month ago, but since Thrune showed up it's been put on hold."

Anya

The crowd slowly parts, leaving a single man standing in a small puddle that seems to be growing. He's looking around, clearly panicking.

Sale'jo'so

Sale hears the sailor's comment directed at Celeste and, realizing who it is, begins to move into the crowd towards her.
Celeste? Is that you? What are you doing here, it isn't safe!

So, Nibs and Max both got the same event, and it's one that requires response. And since Anya's method of handling her intimidate lent itself to getting a response and Sale got the same rumor Celeste got last turn (and since they have met), I figured I'd do a round of posts responding to these before the last round of general checks.

Frosty
2015-11-23, 04:29 PM
Celeste

Celeste looks over at the noble making a fuss. "Oh hey! Anya! How are you?" She shots, waving at her friend. Then she hears someone calling for her. "Huh? Oh it's you! Hi Sale. Allow me to thank you again for saving me. What's so dangerous here? Is something about to happen? And don't worry too much. The temple kindly donated some useful things to me for...add defense."

She pats the scimitar hanging from her leather belt and also her buckler.

Vhaidara
2015-11-23, 04:55 PM
Celeste and Sale'jo'so

Sale sighs, and points at the cloth still binding his eyes before putting a finger to his lips.
"Please don't use my name here. Just call me friend. One of my contacts told me that Thrune is planning something here. Some kind of followup to the fires last week."
He grimaces
"I can feel the tension built up in the air, and I've heard the whispers of the agitators. Perhaps if the crowd were more focused, rallied behind a single cause."
He turns an ear towards a fairly distant group
"And there are the blasted anarchists, no doubt helping Thrune's plans by trying to turn a peaceful protest into a full riot."

Frosty
2015-11-23, 10:44 PM
Celeste

While no creature of law, Celeste also doesn't support anarchy. She frowns. "Well then, my friend, how about we go and stop those anarchists from turning this protest from turning violent? Maybe talk them down? Are they employed by the Thrunes or just dupes?"

Vhaidara
2015-11-24, 12:02 AM
Celeste and Sale'jo'so

Sale shakes his head.
"I think dupe would be closer, though it's more that they just want riots in the street. That Thrune also seems to want something unpleasant to happen is just coincidence in their minds."

Frosty
2015-11-24, 12:18 AM
Celeste

"Then let's go. Maybe we can distract them? Or would you say a more direct appeal for a calm, collected method of change and protest is better for calming this group?"

Celeste certainly has her ways for distracting people in her...very brief dress.

Bhaakon
2015-11-24, 12:25 AM
Nibs

With a wicked little smirk, Nibs keep tabs on the pickpocket. He was hardly one to condemn the man for using is skills to make ends meet. It's not like he was hurting anyone. Still, the technique was awfully sloppy, and the number of marks he was dipping...that was just downright greedy. He could surely use a lesson. With luck, he might take it to heart before he found his head in a noose.

Nibs pulls up behind the man, aiming to use one of the pickpockets "accidental" collisions to cover for his own sticky fingers.

Totally picking the pickpocket's pocket. [roll0]

Desril
2015-11-24, 02:32 AM
Anya

Momentarily distracted by Celeste calling out to her, she ignores her and focuses on the man who'd soiled himself. Wrinkling her nose in a disgusted fashion, she scowls at him. "What, exactly, did you hope to accomplish by that?"

Not sure if any roll is relevant here. Just roll it for me if you disagree!

stack
2015-11-24, 08:23 AM
Maximilian gives the pickpocket an incensed look, pushing his way closer. Don't want to call the guard into the middle of a protest, but maybe it will be easy to run him off. "Hey there, what do you think you're doing? I saw that."

Vhaidara
2015-11-24, 10:44 AM
Max and Nibs

As Maximilian calls out the thief, the man turns to bolt. At which point he bumps into Nibs, who deftly manages to snatch his purse. The wealthy looking fellow whose pocket was most recently in danger (probably a merchant from the look of him) turns to Max.
"Thank you sir. Here, take this."
And he tosses Max a gold coin.

Nibs, meanwhile, finds himself with a sizable pouch of coins. Mostly copper and silver, but with a pair of gold coins.

Anya

The man keeps trembling, but now he starts sputtering, trying to come up with some kind of excuse. It seems unlikely that he will. Then he collapses to his knees crying.

Celeste and Sale

Sale nods.
"I think an appeal like that could help reduce their support in the crowd. But you'll need to go without me. I can't risk drawing attention to myself."

1 gold to Max, 5 to Nibs.

Okay, des, you can continue with scaring this poor idiot, but do so backdated. Everyone, next round of checks are up. Currently the Loyalists have been cowed, the thief caught, and a number of rumors gathered. But Max and Nibs have yet to find their contact.

stack
2015-11-24, 12:07 PM
Maximilian gives the man a nod, pocketing the coin and continuing his search.[roll0]

Bhaakon
2015-11-24, 03:24 PM
Nibs

Once he's a goodly distance from the pickpocket, Nibs stops to check the purse that he'd snatched. Light on gold...no wonder he kept going back for more. Still, it was enough to pay for a few nice meals. Not bad for a few second of work.

But fattening his coin pouch wasn't the reason Nibs had come out, and the extra dosh only dampened his frustration at not finding Sir One-glove for a few minutes.

Perception to find the bastard: [roll0]

Frosty
2015-11-24, 11:26 PM
Celeste

Celeste walks towards the anarchists. Finding one to talk to, she tries to start a friendly conversation. "Hey there, you're angry about the Thrunes as Well? Is that why you're here?" She will try to find any legitimate complaints about the Thrunes, and see if she can talk the anarchists into expressing their anger in more constructive ways.

will RP more if we wish to, but wanted to make sure I wasn't holding anyone up, so diplomacy Check: [roll0]

Desril
2015-11-25, 02:19 PM
Anya

"Pathetic," she says clearly with disgust on her face. I'll need to have a mage clean my clothes, but it's fine for now, she thinks to herself as she memorizes the man's face for later.

With nothing to be done at the moment, not without creating more trouble for herself at any rate, she instead wanders about the crowd, listening for anything interesting.

Perception [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-11-25, 10:59 PM
Maximilian and Nibs

Neither of you is able to locate the contact in the increasingly restless crowd before...

Anya

You see a child pick the pocket of a man fleeing being caught in the deed himself, but before you can react to that...

Celeste

The group of anarchists seem mollified, and turn begin to disperse somewhat into more disparate factions. Before Celeste can return to Sale, however...

All

It is three minutes after the third hour of the protest when the bells of the Cathedral of Asmodeus ring out their random song. Moments later, the shadowed form seen by Maximilian behind the balcony curtain emerges, revealing Barzillai Thrune. Thrune is an imposing man dressed in red, orange, and black clothing and an ornate breastplate, all emblazoned with the pentagram of Asmodeus and the cross of Cheliax. Middle-aged, with short, dark hair and a diabolical mace cradled in his hands, the lord-mayor of Kintargo addresses the crowd with a condescending sneer. The gathering swiftly grows quiet as he clears his throat and gives the following short speech.
“Ah, my adoring little chickadees. I am sorry to say I have not yet adapted to your quaint, country ways, being accustomed as I am to the sophistication and learning of Egorian. Nonetheless, know I have heard your concerns, and that I appreciate your valued feedback, and I know we shall eventually find a mutual understanding in the fullness of time. I take pride in updating Kintargo’s quaint, outdated laws to the modern standards the city deserves, and strengthening its ties with the empire in these cruel times, but obviously I have approached my duties too aggressively.
“You say you chafe at the presence of nonnatives in positions of power? That authorities not of this city have no place as its leaders? That you will not be yoked by intruders? Your lord-mayor hears you. And so it is with a heavy heart that I issue this proclamation, in response to your demands: all ships’ captains are hereafter barred from leaving their vessels and setting foot on Kintargo docks or streets, under pain of... let’s say... squassation!”

How does the party react?

Bhaakon
2015-11-26, 12:20 AM
Nibs

"Ship's captains? Squassation? Is he havin' a laugh?" Nibs can't help but exclaim at the Barzillai Thrune's latest strange announcement. "Least I could understand making the trollops uncover their wares. This is just nutty."

He raises his voice louder. "That what we are...the loony bin for the craziest Thrune? Well if that's the case, someone oughta drag his sorry arse outta the opera house and toss 'im in a proper mad house. Maybe squassate 'im a little first" Whatever that is.

Not sure what roll is required to rile the crowd, so I'll just make an unmodified one and make you look up the right modifier :P. Intimidate and Diplomacy are both +2: [roll0]

stack
2015-11-26, 05:40 AM
More random idiocy. It is as if he wants this to turn into a riot. Probably does, easier to slaughtered the malcontents when they gather together and create a disturbance. I need to find 1- glove and get out of here.[roll0]

Frosty
2015-11-26, 02:40 PM
Celeste

Celeste has no idea what Squassation means, but she is sure this is another crazy pronouncement that will hurt Kintargo. "This will ensure that no foreign ships come here for business or any other reason!"

The barely-dressed woman hears someone start talking about throwing the mayor into the loony house, and wanders over. Is that a child? No, a Halfling. "Psst hey, you may wish to be more careful what you say! These Asmodeans...they are not nice people." byes, painfully obvious, but Celeste does not want to see this Halfling squassated or otherwise tortured.

Desril
2015-11-27, 04:07 PM
Anya

Squassation? Fool, it's as if he's intentionally trying to bring this town to ruin. Anya flexes her hand, as if trying to grasp something that isn't there, but resists the impulse to summon her scythes. I'm going to have to do something about him after all. I'll just have to be careful and not leave any trail that could be followed back to my family.

Outwardly, however, there's no sign at all that the young ifrit is plotting murder. Though she's quite clearly displeased, her face shows little more emotion than a mildly annoyed frown.

Vhaidara
2015-11-27, 04:35 PM
As the various individuals react, so does the crowd. Someone in the crowd throws a handful of manure at Barzillai. Though the putrid projectile misses Barzillai’s noble personage, the lord-mayor nonetheless flinches and spills wine across his ornate clothing. With his wardrobe and dignity endangered, the lord-mayor’s demeanor shifts from amused to bellicose. He shrieks,
“Enough of this! Nox, run them off, arrest them, or kill them. I don’t care which!”
before retreating into the opera house and slamming the windows. Down below, Nox immediately mobilizes the dottari, who draw their weapons. At the same time, men and women throughout the crowd pull back their cloaks, revealing matching armbands, truncheons, and the sadistic grins of Chelish Citizens’ Group members eager to mete out some “justice.”

You are your initials, in your colors. The Chelish Citizen's Group thugs are the black CCs, their square is the one they are mostly in. No, the map isn't amazing, but I currently don't own Microsoft Office and couldn't get Google Spreadsheets to work as a background. So deal.
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Keledrath/Aria%20Park.png
Anyways, you guys are up, and all of the grey area counts as difficult terrain because of the rioting mob.

As the crowd begins to riot properly, someone throws a dagger at Nox, Thrune's head of security.The blade spirals through the air, lodging itself in the woman's neck. Disdainfully, she pulls the blade out and throws it back into the crowd, striking the very man who threw it. Then she rushes inside, but it can be seen that the bleeding has already stopped.

Desril
2015-11-27, 07:40 PM
Anya

As much as they have it coming, too many people here, it'll create too much trouble...but then again, in all the chaos, if I'm quick, it shouldn't be a problem.

Pushing her way through the crowd, the less panicked may notice the noblewoman as she does her best to approach unnoticed before, with a flash of fire, conjuring a scythe and striking at the nearest member of the Chelish Citizen's Group. Take his head swiftly, then escape, none will be the wiser. In all this panic it shouldn't be hard.

Stealth [roll0] to approach the CC4 unseen

Quick Draw to pull out Peace.

Attack CC4 (preferably while flat-footed) [roll1]
Damage [roll2] (1 point of which is fire)

Bhaakon
2015-11-27, 07:42 PM
Nibs

"Angry 'bout the Thrunes?" Nibs stops his rabble-rousing just long enough to answer the partially-clad woman with mock seriousness. "Nah...I'm angry 'bout a lot more than them, but the rest of my enemies weren't dumb enough to set a mob on themselves."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once chaos breaks out in the crowd, Nibs decides that the best option is to get the damned spineless pack of idiots to defend themselves against Thrune's jackbooted thugs. They must of outnumbered the Citizen's Group twenty to one, but they weren't doing anything. He pulls a vial of sticky-sweet liquid from one of his many pockets and downs its as he pushes toward the nearest of Thrune's disguised thugs.

As soon as he's close enough, he vomits the alchemical mixture back up in an expansive gout of disgusting, tarry muck that splatters against the thug's feets. Without bothering to see if the man is actually stuck, Nibs wipes the last of the gunk from his mouth and begins shouting.

"Look! He's stuck! Now's the chance! Get 'im before he looses hisself!" He exhorts the panicking crowd to dogpile the (hopefully) entangled man.

Move action to come within 15' of CG1, standard to cast Adhesive Spittle on him (DC 14).

Diplomacy to convince the crowd to attack him? [roll0]

stack
2015-11-27, 07:55 PM
Maximilian abandons the thought of finding his contact. In a burst of brimstone, he launches a flaming cord to the top of the fountain, yanking himself towards it and letting his momentum carry him away over the crowd, pulling back to land in a hard crouch on the far side.move 25' south, then push toward the path to exit stage left

Frosty
2015-11-28, 12:50 AM
Celeste

Celeste is about to go try to scare off one of of CCG members from beating on an old man. However, something else may catch her attention first...

Vhaidara
2015-11-28, 10:56 AM
Through the roar of the crowd, Nibs piping voice goes completely unnoticed. His aim is true, however, and the thug finds himself thoroughly stuck.
"You little brat! I'm gonna beat you good!"

Celeste is about to step up and try to resolve the situation when she hears a cry from beside her. When she turns, she finds that she cannot see Sale, but she can hear his voice: The man seems to have been knocked to the ground in the surging crowds.

Anya, meanwhile, draws...attention. As she manifests her blade and sends the man's blood flying into the air, his scream attracts the attention of the other Citizens Group thugs. Seeing the blood, they start beating their way towards Anya, no longer softening their blows so as not to kill.

Max, meanwhile, peaces the frick out, swinging himself over the fountain and onto the park path.

They just spent their turns moving. Sale is prone in his square, CC1 is entangled, ignore the black bordered square, I forgot to click off before screenshotting.
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Keledrath/Aria%20Park_1.png

stack
2015-11-28, 01:17 PM
Maximilian walks briskly along the trail, heading southwest. The morning was not only a failure, but the violence would likely make finding a contact for the Silver Ravens next to impossible for some time. double move along the trail to the left of the map, 60' assuming the protest isn't spread that far back.

Bhaakon
2015-11-28, 03:45 PM
Nibs

"Reckon I'll do it myself, then." Nibs mutters as he closes with the entangled thugs. "Maybe a little example will help these cowards grow a spine. OI! LOOK! This is how you do it, eh!"

Move action to approach CC1, drawing rope shot as part of the move. standard to attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

crit:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Desril
2015-11-29, 03:22 AM
Anya

Smiling for the first time today as the blood dances across the thug, Anya resists the urge to shiver in delight while finishing him off. Too much attention, need to withdraw.

While some of the Chelish Citizens Group comes for her, she makes a hasty retreat, ducking just off to the side of the crowd to make better progress.

Withdraw to A12

Frosty
2015-11-29, 03:25 PM
Celeste

The succubus goes to aid Sale, getting him up and away from the trampling crowd as best she can. "Come on, we've got to get you out of here. Can you walk? We should head that way!" she says, pointing west-ish.

Seeing Anya with...SCYTHES? Celeste is horrified that the noblewoman would resort to lethal violence right now. This will escalate thins badly! "Anya! RUN!!!!"

Vhaidara
2015-11-29, 07:34 PM
Celeste is able to get Sale to his feet, and leads the stumbling blind man to the edge of the crowd. There she actually meets up with Anya, who is taking a similar route out of the immediate area after her attempted murder.

Maximilian, meanwhile, continue his pleasant stroll through the park, seeing a strange group leaving up nearer to the crowd. Among them is a woman holding a scythe, a barely dressed woman, and what appears to be a cloaked hunchback.

Max lands a solid blow to the man's head
"Help! This kid's trying to murder me!"
And, as his comrades swarm up behind Nibs, he responds in kind, striking a solid thwack to the halfling's shoulder before inching away, his retreat slowed by the goop.

One of the thugs starts trying to help the man Anya had slashed. He seems to be helping, until a spurt of blood gets in his eyes...

Two of the dottari step out of the opera house to aid in putting down the riot. Unlike the thugs, they seem more than willing to apply deadly force with their heavy maces.

Bhaakon, take 8 damage. And I'll let you make a DC 18 acrobatics check to move full speed through the crowd.
The new guys are the Dottari (police)

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Keledrath/Aria%20Park_2.png

Bhaakon
2015-11-29, 08:49 PM
Nibs

"You see that! They're gangin' up to beat a child! On the Thrune's order, no less!" Nibs shrieks for anyone who will listen. Meanwhile, he twitches his free hand to release the spring-loaded mechanism holding a smokestick against his forearm, which he immediately strikes against the ground to set off the alchemical reaction. Green-gray smoke billows out, filling the nearby area in the blink of an eye. Nibs takes the opportunity to disappear into the panicked mob.

Swift action to activate spring-loaded sheath w/ smokestick, standard to activate smoke stick (filling H-I,7-8), attempt stealth as part of a move action to G9.

(RAW, I think you can attempt stealth at any time moving through a crowd, but I like disappearing in a cloud of smoke)

Stealth: [roll0]

Desril
2015-11-29, 09:47 PM
Anya

Regrettably, she can't stay to enjoy herself, and not for the first time Anya regrets not coming in disguise as she steps back into the crowd and makes good her escape.

5ft step off screen, then full round action to GTFO

Frosty
2015-11-30, 04:43 AM
Celeste

Celeste sighs as she helps Sale move in the same direction as Anya. She needs to make sure that Anya does t start any moe trouble

stack
2015-11-30, 08:10 AM
Max continues to leave like he stole something (successfully), strolling calmly away.

Vhaidara
2015-11-30, 05:15 PM
As Nibs nimbly dodges through the crowd in a puff of smoke, the thugs quickly lose sight of him. Moments later, he is gone, following a similar trail to the others now fleeing the scene.

As you flee the scene, you all find yourselves taking the same route, until you pass an alley. Then you hear the sound of steel clashing against steel alongside a cry of pain from a nearby alley, and spots a group of Chelish Citizens’ Group thugs just as they knock a man to the ground. Four unconscious thugs lie sprawled nearby, and it should be obvious that the remaining thugs are preparing to administer a coup de grace to the fallen victim.

Nibs and Maximilian immediately notice something further: The downed man is wearing a single glove.

Map up
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Keledrath/Alley%20ambush.png

Bhaakon
2015-11-30, 07:53 PM
Nibs

Seeing the single glove on the cornered man, Nibs immediately springs into action. He draws a bell from his pack and begins whipping it about wildly like any good news tout working a corner.

"Hear ye, hear ye! Violent mob sets opera house aflame! Lord Mayor Thrune feared captured or dead! Nox summons all remaining loyal servants of the throne to Aria Park to quell riots forthwith! Spread the word!" He shouts.

BLUFF!!!!!!!!!

[roll0]

Frosty
2015-12-01, 01:40 AM
Celeste

The succubus, seeing someone about to be executed by a bunch of thugs, goes for the a more attention-drawing approach. "HELP! SOMEBODY HELP! THERE'S AN ATTEMPTED MURDER IN PROGRESS HERE! SOMEONE HELP!" She also moves closer in the likely case she must intervene physically.

Draw attention, and then Move to G8

stack
2015-12-01, 02:29 PM
Max closes, but is unsure of what to do. Violence seemed unwise with the strangers raising the alarm.move to put them all within close range (25')

Desril
2015-12-01, 07:51 PM
Anya

Not for the first time wishing she'd come in disguise, Anya steps forward. With these people here she couldn't exactly have fun with the attackers, but with her scythes once more safely stored away she could perhaps look imperious without drawing undue attention to her family. Cowards like this shouldn't be difficult to make turn tail and run, and if she was in the alley when a fight happened...well, a few individuals knowing her weapon of choice wasn't the end of the world.

Heading into the alley, she glares at the thugs, "Put down your weapons and leave, the mob is already on its way. If you want to live to see tomorrow, you'll get away. Now."

intimidate [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-12-01, 08:57 PM
The men turn when they hear the various members of the party clamoring over each other.
"GET THEM!"

You guys won initiative, they're about to start charging you.
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Keledrath/Alley%20ambush_1.png

Bhaakon
2015-12-01, 09:20 PM
Nibs

"Your funeral" Nibs mutters as he draws a vial from his bandoleer and breaks open the little glass beat of catalyst inside with a violent shake. "Might wanna cover your eyes 'gainst the flare." He warns, belatedly adding, "and breathe through your gob. Burning hair and all."

Fire Bomb CC2, using precise bomb to exclude G8 and G9.

Hit: [roll0] includes PBS
damage: [roll1] includes PBS

Splash damage is 4 (5 if you think PBS applies...I'm not sure about that by RAW). DC 14 ref save for half

Frosty
2015-12-02, 03:13 AM
Celeste
HP 28/28
AC 23
Saves 8/10/11
Stance: Silver Crane Waltz

What happened at the protest was bad enough. Now THIS? "Time to die, evil-doers!" Yes, she said that. The roar from her gets her own blood pumping, and hopefully that of her allies. Celeste is now mad. She raises her shield, and slashes low across the stomach of the enemy in front of her!

Draw weapon. Use Encouraging Roar as swift action (+2 attack, damage)

Attack using Snapping Strike (+1d6 damage): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

stack
2015-12-02, 12:00 PM
Seeing that violence was occurring regardless of attempts to the contrary, Maximilian steps back. Flame swirls around him, gathering into a ball in his hand, brimstone filling the air. Phantom horns curl form his forehead and his skin momentarily appears as red scales before he releases a jet of flame at the nearest thug.5' step to E10

gather power w/ destructive blast (dice = CL, +1 casting time)
ranged touch vs CC3 [roll0] (includes PBS, encouraging roar)
damage [roll1] fire (pbs+encouraging roar), ref save 15 or [on fire]

wild magic [roll2]

Desril
2015-12-02, 11:19 PM
Anya

She could hardly be held accountable for defending herself, so as the thugs rush them, Anya smiles coldly while her hands create a small flame from which to summon her weapons as she swings into the group wildly.

Attack vs CC1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Crit? (1d20+3)[17]
Damage (6d4+15)[33]

Attack vs CC1 (if alive, 3 if dead) [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Vhaidara
2015-12-03, 07:49 AM
In a stunning display of violence, all five men fall almost instantly.

Nibs explosive rings out, scattering flames among the thugs even as the man who was hit directly crumples to the ground.

Celeste's blade cuts cleanly, cutting a wide gash in the man's belly and causing his insides to spill out onto the ground.

Maximilian's firebolt leaves little more than a pile of smoking ash behind as it sears through flesh and bone, filling the air with a horrid stench.

Anya, however, proves to be beyond vicious. Her first pass leaves her victim in several pieces, most notably a limbless torso. Stepping forward, she promptly bisects the remaining thug.

The downed man, hearing the explosions of his rescue, looks up. He seems bloodied, but conscious and stable.
"Who...who are you? Thank you for saving me!"
As he speaks, Sale moves forward
"Rexus? Is that you?"
"Sale? The hells are you doing back in Kintargo?"

Rexus Victocora is a noble of Kintargo. Raised as a talented actress, she was very popular until a few years ago when she began to identify as a man after events that you never really found out about (probably due to not caring). While his parents accepted the change, the rest of his social circles did not, and for his own safety he was forced to find new friends among the city's artists and musicians.

stack
2015-12-03, 07:58 AM
Maximilian looks him over. "I believe we were to meet under different circumstances. Maximilian Noveria, at your service. Let us get away from here before we risk notice though, I expect the authorities will be responding harshly to the day's events."

Frosty
2015-12-03, 04:43 PM
Celeste

"Are you too injured to walk? We can carry you if necessary. Whatever we do let's don't it quickly. What did you do to make those thugs angry? I'm starting to hate the Chelaxian diehards more and more."

She tries to help this Rexus up.

Bhaakon
2015-12-03, 07:45 PM
Nibs

"Aye. Gone and gone is what we should be. Thrune's goons will be stalking the streets as soon as that mob clears out. We should all be somewhere safe by then." Nibs adds. He'd like to add more--this guy was obviously the one he'd been meant to contact, unless going out with one glove was some kind of hot new fashion with their upper-crusts weirdos--but he didn't dare broach the subject in front of these other characters. "Don't suppose you've got any ideas on where to go to ground?"

Desril
2015-12-03, 08:38 PM
Anya

Rexus? So much for getting through this without anyone recognizing me. Oh well, I'd already weighed that risk when I came in the first place.

Not overly concerned with helping him, Anya leaves that to the more compassionate. "You're right, we need to leave here, now. The bodies are going to attract far too much attention." She turns toward Nibs, "But I don't know any good places to hide this many people."

Vhaidara
2015-12-03, 10:56 PM
Sale reaches into his cloak and pulls out a vial, handing it to Rexus.
"Here, my friend. Drink this."
Rexus takes the bottle, and downs the contents. He seems to straighten.
"You've certainly come a long way, Sale."
He turns to the others.
"You're quite right. We should get off the streets. There's a bookshop nearby, Crissali's Fine Tomes. They have a rather discrete backroom policy, and I know the owner. I suggest that we make our way there quickly, before anyone noticed this mess."

Later, at Crissali's Fine Tomes

Though Anya had chosen to separate from the rest of the group as they went to the bookstore, they arrived with no further incident. Soon they were in the back room, and Rexus spread his hands as he explained his situation.
“Thank you again for that timely rescue. Truth is, our meeting was no coincidence. I followed you from the protest earlier today, but in the panic that erupted I lost track of your group. You proved yourselves to be people of uncommon skill, and I am a man of uncommon needs.
“My name is Rexus Victocora, and until last week’s Night of Ashes, I was one of this city’s nobles. My parents’ estate burned to the ground that night—I escaped simply because I was studying at the Alabaster Academy during the fire. There were other fires that night, as you know—fires that many believe were started by Barzillai Thrune or his agents in an attempt to squash any spirit of rebellion Kintargo might have.
“Now more than ever we need that spirit of rebellion to stay strong, but Thrune’s actions have driven into hiding those who would stay strong and resist. Those who could once rally the city to a cause, such as Lord-Mayor Jilia Bainilus and my parents, are missing at best, and are more likely dead. I cannot do this on my own, but with the aid of talented citizens such as yourselves, I have hope that we can. Will you aid Kintargo? Will you save the city from the devil?”

Bhaakon
2015-12-04, 02:31 AM
Nibs

"City's got a lot of devils it needs saving from, but I can see now that one's managed to fight his way to the top o' the list." Nibs answers to the nobleman's plea. "I willing to help, but I needs to know what you have to bring to the table. No offense, but you just got through tellin' us how your home burned down, your family's all missing, all your choicest allies are in the wind--Oh--and you're a wanted man."

"Please tell me you got an ace up your sleeve. Key information, secret compatriots, magic artifact..." Nibs leans in, eager to hear something from the young man.

stack
2015-12-04, 12:08 PM
"Need to save the entire empire, but a city is a fair place to start. I'm in. It seems I must either fight or flee and I am not inclined to do the latter. The small one's questions are fair though."

Frosty
2015-12-04, 09:10 PM
Celeste

The Succubus (in human form) has a look of determination. "You know, I used to think, that for all its fault, Kintargo is a great place to live. Now, after seeing all this, perhaps I've been blind. You have my aid, however I can help."

Vhaidara
2015-12-04, 10:31 PM
Rexus nods, relieved.
"Thank you. Let me explain my situation a bit further. The day after the Night of the Ashes, I was approached by a woman named Laria Longroad, who claimed to know my mother. I didn't believe her at first, but the she showed me this."
He pulls out a small silver coffer with several pieces of jewelry in it.
"These belonged to my mother, and there was also a note, signed by her own hand."
He offers the note to be passed around and read. As the others read it, he recites the contents from memory for Sale's benefit
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj592/Keledrath/Handout%201.png
My dearest son,
If you are reading this, what I have feared has come to pass and I am dead. For many years, I have belonged to the Sacred Order of Archivists and have worked to free Kintargo from Chelish rule. I have learned much about Kintargo’s secret history, and fear the time will soon come when the city needs the return of its Silver Ravens. You have likely not heard of the Silver Ravens—few have. Mentions of them have been redacted by the agents of House Thrune, but during the civil war, the Ravens worked to ensure Kintargo’s safety. They were heroes in their day, and I fear that Kintargo needs their kind again. Do not believe the government’s claims that Lord-Mayor Bainilus abandoned us! Darker things are afoot, and I fear that all who work against Thrune may find themselves in danger in the days ahead.
The Silver Ravens maintained numerous hideouts within Kintargo’s walls during the civil war. I have located one such site—the chambers below a building known today as the Fair Fortune Livery. If you are reading this, I was unable to seek further answers there myself. Gather heroes to your side, my son, and search below the livery. There, if my research is correct, you will find something to teach you more of the Silver Ravens and their legacy.
Do not let my death be in vain. Stand up for Kintargo. Bring the Silver Ravens back to life!

Once everyone has had a chance to read the note, he looks at them once again.
"I am not built to lead a rebellion, I'll be the first to admit that. I'm a sickly sort, much better suited to a supporting role. Will you take up the role my mother had hoped to lay upon me?"
Sale smiles, and places a hand on Rexus shoulder.
"Of course I will help my friend. And I heard that Baron Jhaltero's bastard has been looking to throw some defiance in Thrune's eyes."

Bhaakon
2015-12-05, 01:36 AM
Nibs

"Where isn't a great place to live if you're taller than Pharasma's spire, hotter than Asmodeus's arse crack, and more shameless than a Whore Queen? Bet haven't had to pay for meal in your life." The halfing mutters into his collar after Celeste's naive reply.

He clears his throat and speaks louder once he's had a look at the letter. "That's a right solid lead. Anything the Silver Ravens touched is worth a look and then some."

Knowledge (local) checks to recognize Laria Longroad and the Fair Fortune Livery

[roll0]
[roll1]

stack
2015-12-05, 09:24 PM
"Well, making contact with the Silver Ravens was my goal, though I had hoped they were rather more...extant than that."

Frosty
2015-12-06, 05:41 PM
Celeste

The paladin hasn't heard much of this group before. "so these Ravens are supposed to be a resistance to Chelaxian rule? They are brave indeed, and I suppose we shall see if any remain."

Vhaidara
2015-12-06, 10:01 PM
"Excellent. I think we should start by investigating the Fair Fortune Livery, as my mother's note suggested."
Sale holds up hand.
"Not quite so quick Rexus. I'll step out and send a message to Jhalerto. Hopefully he'll join us. The family has no real love for Thrune, in any case."
As Sale steps outside, Rexus opens the small coffer he had shown them.
"And please, take this. It's all I have for now to contribute to the effort, but it should be helpful to starting things off."
Inside the coffer is a mix of coins, a signet ring bearing the Victocora crest, a silver dagger bearing the same, and a pair of ornate wrist bands.

150gp, a Victocora signet ring, a masterwork silver dagger, and a pair of +1 bracers of armor

Bhaakon
2015-12-06, 10:25 PM
Nibs

Looking over the goods, nibs shakes his head. "Shouldn't you keep that ring? Sorta your family's seal, isn't it?" he asks, then passes over the contents of the coffer entirely. "We should see the spot for ourselves before you decide to throw all in. It might be the Thrunies are already onto it, and you'll need all that just to escape the city."

Nibs adjusts his equipment, just to make sure he hasn't dropped anything. "I'm ready to leave right now. Sooner the better, I say. Sale can meet us there with the Jhalerto brat."

stack
2015-12-07, 01:31 PM
Maximilain declines the offer, "I agree, let us proceed posthaste."

Frosty
2015-12-08, 12:09 AM
Celeste nods. "I do not require payment, but I would be honored to borrow that beautiful set of bracers for the time being. Let us go with haste."

Vhaidara
2015-12-08, 09:40 AM
The Rebels

Rexus nods, placing the ring on his finger and sheathing the dagger at his waist.
"Thank you all."
Sale reenters.
"I sent him a message, he should meet us at the Livery. Rexus, could you help lead me?"
"Of course my friend."

The Bastard

A squirrel leaps down from a tree and lands on your face. As you struggle to beat it off, you notice a small piece of paper tied to its leg. Removing it and unrolling it, you find a note.
"Nero
Come to the Fair Fortune Livery. Thrune's time in this city is coming to an end
Sale'jo'so"
Nero remembers the name of the Sarini bastard. Sale was one of the only ones who'd had a worse lot than himself, having been born with the wings of an angel in addition to the horns of a tiefling. According to the Jhalerto information network, Sale had fled the city several years ago, and had gone completely to ground somewhere in the wilderness.

stack
2015-12-08, 12:09 PM
"Let us hope the authorities have not blocked the streets here yet." Maximilian and gloomily.

Bhaakon
2015-12-08, 05:57 PM
"I could run ahead and make sure." Nibs volunteers. "Some of you tend to stand out, and droppin' too many of Thrunes lack-wits might draw attention."

Stealth check to scout ahead, if agreed : [roll0]

Desril
2015-12-08, 06:13 PM
Nero

Resisting the momentarily instinct that all creatures get when something with claws, no matter how tiny, lands on one's face, Nero eventually manages to detach the small squirrel and wipe the fur off of himself as he reads the letter while making sure the furry menace hadn't messed up his hair. Sale? I've been wondering what happened to him, guess he's been working on setting things right from wherever he disappeared to. If he's moving openly though, now's as good a time as any to join him.

"Fair Fortune Livery, huh?" He says aloud to the messenger. "I'll head straight there, go let your boss know I'm on my way."

Onward! (He doesn't know how Animal Messenger works)

Frosty
2015-12-10, 02:53 AM
Celeste

Celeste nods at Nibs. "Very well, let us know when the coast is clear. I may not be in heavy armor, but sometimes I do...stand out..."

Vhaidara
2015-12-10, 08:22 AM
The path is clear. It seem that the bookstore was far enough away not to have been cordoned off. The journey to the livery where you meet up with young Nero is uneventful.

This aged stable leans slightly to one side, its roof precariously propped up by aged wooden walls. The air reeks of stale urine. Broken desks, scuffed tables, and torn chairs crowd the thirteen horse stalls, all of which are covered with a healthy layer of dust. A grated-off alcove along the southeast wall seems to house the only relatively intact wares.

Does the party enter?

stack
2015-12-10, 11:40 AM
"Looks clear," Maximilian shrugs, studying the room carefully before entering. perception, take 10, then 20 for 16/26

Bhaakon
2015-12-10, 05:59 PM
Nibs

"What, did someone turn this into a gambling den once the horses cleared out?" Nibs wonders allowed as he enters the old livery. "Doesn't look like anyone's been here in a while, though."

If possible, I'll take a 20 on perception for 26. If not, I'll take 10 for 16

Frosty
2015-12-12, 04:30 AM
Celeste

"Let's go in quietly. Be on the lookout, even if it looks abandoned."

Desril
2015-12-12, 07:40 AM
Nero

Eying up this new group who'd barely given him a passing glance, Nero can't help but try and break the, to him at least, awkward silence. "So, news travels fast, I hear there was a riot over at the opera house. I don't suppose any of you know anything about that, do you? Sale's note wasn't exactly detailed, so it'd be appreciated if any of you could fill me in."

Vhaidara
2015-12-12, 08:42 PM
Sale looks over at Nero.
"Good, you made it. I'll be more than happy to give you the details later, but for now, we are searching for a hideout that used to belong to the Silver Ravens, here in the Livery. Do you know Rexus?"
Rexus waves to Nero.
As introductions are made, Nibs makes quick work of the shoddy old lock. As it swings open, a low growl emanates from the build: The sound of a large dog.

Frosty
2015-12-13, 03:41 AM
Celeste

Celeste politely introduces herself to Nero. "Nice to mett you. Good to see there many who remain who will not tolerate House Thrune's excesses."

Hearing the growl, the succubus briefly pauses."A dog...doesnt sound friendly. Anyone good with animals? Otherwise, maybe I can lure it outside. I'm pretty nimble and won't get hurt."

stack
2015-12-13, 09:49 PM
Maximilian gives the newcomer a polite bow. Upon hearing the dog, he draws back. "Little I can do that would not attract attention."

Desril
2015-12-14, 01:23 AM
Nero

The tiefling frowns. "Dogs aren't exactly my area, if it's not already tame. Worst case, I could put it down, but I'd rather scare it off."

Bhaakon
2015-12-14, 01:43 AM
Nibs

"Well, whatever we do, let's get to it." Nibs mutters as he fishes his ioun torch from one of his pockets. "I'm not going to slink off with my tail twixt my knees just because of some growling cur." He unlimbers his rope shot and enters.

stack
2015-12-14, 12:19 PM
Maximilian waves Celeste forward, as she was the only volunteer.

Frosty
2015-12-15, 02:39 AM
Celeste opens the door, and walks in, watching for the canine. If she can't calm it down somehow, then she will run back out and lure it out!

Vhaidara
2015-12-16, 10:16 PM
Celeste sees a large, half starved mastiff on the far side of the room. As soon as she enters, it begins barking furiously. Four smaller dogs also begin growling from the various edges of the building. They all look feral, angry, and hungry.

Frosty
2015-12-17, 10:55 AM
Celeste immediately slowly backs out without turning her back to the 5 hungry dogs. "Hey guys...there are 5 hungry looking feral dogs...you got any food for them?"

stack
2015-12-17, 10:38 PM
Maximilian rummages through his pack. "Forgot I picked these up this morning." He reaches into the bag and withdraws a trio of large cookies dotted with dark squares. He shrugs and tosses them in toward the beasts. "Hopefully that will be enough. I would hate to use them all up on a few dogs."

stack
2015-12-21, 02:07 PM
Once the cookies are eaten, a few more are thrown, spaced out to lead the dogs from the building. "Be ready to get inside and close the door once they are clear."

Desril
2015-12-21, 10:52 PM
Nero

Amused at the absurdity of this plan, Nero shakes his head with a grin and moves into position. Well, maybe it'll work. If not, perhaps they'll run scared rather than fight to the end.

Vhaidara
2015-12-31, 05:26 PM
Some of the smaller dogs move towards the food, but the mastiff lets out a deep bark and they cringe back. The big dog approaches, snapping up the cookies as it does so. When it gets to the door, it stops, growling menacingly at the assembled people

Bhaakon
2015-12-31, 05:37 PM
Nibs

"Oi, you greedy mutt!" Nibs shrieks at the mastiff as it scoops up all the cookies for itself. "We was tryin' to be reasonable here, but you I guess you need a proper beating, eh? Well that's the way of it, then!" He spins his rope-shot about as he closes with the mangy beast, building up velocity to smash the weapon painfully into the hound's nose.

NL damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]

stack
2016-01-01, 05:29 PM
Maximilian shoots a gout of flame at the beast's feet to try to frighten it off.[roll0] CS AC 5

Desril
2016-01-01, 05:56 PM
Nero

Perhaps he'd been distracted, or perhaps Nibs is just very good at staying unnoticed even when he's not making an effort to do so, but Nero hadn't noticed the halfling before he shrieked at the canine. Clearing his throat, he glances around at the others before moving in front of him, and drawing his sword. "So...whose kid is this?"

Readied action to attack (nonlethal) if the dog attacks [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Frosty
2016-01-01, 06:22 PM
Celeste

The whore steps forward, annoyed that a dog is slowing everyone down. "You're going down, b**ch!"

She tries to deliver s powerful kick, using her buckler as a feint.

use snapping turtle strike with unarmed.

Encouraging roar for +2/+2

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Vhaidara
2016-01-01, 07:43 PM
Nibs blow goes wide, but Celeste manages to punch the canine on the nose. It goes to snap at her, and Nero clocks it over the head with the pommel of his sword. causing it to collapse to the ground.

Rexus watches the significant display of violence.
"Well, that seems promising. Did you kill it?"

The collective whine from the other dogs makes you suspect that they'll bolt, given half a chance.

Alright everyone, Perception or Survival if you want to look around

stack
2016-01-02, 01:20 PM
"Leave a path to the door clear to let them loose." Maximilan says, waving a hand toward the remaining dogs as he enters.
taking 10 for 16,then 20 for 26 if he doesn't find anything

Desril
2016-01-05, 11:16 PM
Nero

"No, it's not dead. Going to hurt like hell for a while, but it'll be up and fine in a few hours," Nero explains while following Maximillian inside.

Bhaakon
2016-01-05, 11:33 PM
"Let's slap a muzzle and a lead on it, then. It'll scare away any nosy urchins, if this place turns out to be worth keepin'." Nibs suggests as he follows the others in, also leaving a wide avenue for the other mongrels to break out the door if they're so inclined. Then he sets out searching the place, keeping an eye out for anything that could be used to muzzle the hound.

per: [roll0]

Frosty
2016-01-06, 02:55 AM
Celeste

The succubus smiles as her punching and kicking did the job. "Well, that wasn't too bad. Now that we've subjugated the alpha, the other mongrels shouldn't attack us. Let's explore."

Inside, she looks around for clues as to what this place contains. Perhaps there are hidden messages somewhere.
[roll0]

Vhaidara
2016-01-12, 11:54 AM
As you stand back, the rest of the mongrel pack sprints out.

As the party enters the livery, with Rexus leading Sale, they notice a sudden shift in temperature. While the day is fairly warm, inside the livery the temperature seems chilly. Celeste notices a number of small tracks running across the dust on various surfaces that look almost like clawed baby footprints.

As the last of them enter, the door abruptly creaks shut behind them. While looking around for what could have caused it, Maximilian spots something glinting up in the rafters. It would probably be a climb, but not a hard one to reach it.

Investigating further into the room, Nibs find a key in a desk in one of the back rooms. However, when he reaches to pick it up, it dances to the side, evading him for a few seconds before falling to the ground.

Nero finds an iron gate that seems to lead to the slaughter room. The hinges are rusty, but the lock holds firm. Peering through the gate, he can see where a trapdoor in the floor has buckled upwards, revealing a shaft going down.

stack
2016-01-12, 12:35 PM
"I see something in the rafters, let me check it out." Maximilian lashes out a tendril of energy to pull himself up to the rafter and get a closer look at the object.energy tether w/ tether adept to grab the ceiling and pull himself up there. taking 10 to climb/balance on the rafter/s once there

Bhaakon
2016-01-12, 04:32 PM
Nibs

Stymied by the strangely evasive key, Nibs belts out a sharp curse and mutters. "Ne'er head o'f no dancin' key. What in the hells..." As he lines up a foot to pin the flighty chunk of metal in place on the floor for easy retrieval.

Frosty
2016-01-14, 04:20 AM
Celeste

The paladin frowns as she looks around and assesses the various strange happenings. "Ghosts? Or just some very stealthy individuals trying to lead us somewhere? Either way, let's try to secure that key and try to use it on that gate so we can access the trap door.". She will go help Nibs grab the key if Nibsmisnt successful already.

Desril
2016-01-14, 04:24 AM
Nero

Waiting to see what Maximillian might find before opening the trap door in the floor, Nero simply moves over to the grate to prevent the so called dancing key from dancing right down the hole and out of reach. "Let me know what you see, there's a shaft that leads down over here too, but we might as well handle these things one at a time."

Vhaidara
2016-01-22, 02:22 PM
The key stops once it lands on the ground, and Nibbs is able to retrieve it easily.

Maximillian discovers a platinum ring with a crest on it. Should he retrieve it, both Rexus and Nero are able to identify it as the crest of the Delronge family, Thrune supporters who have a long history of being superb horsemen. It's a slightly older crest, so it's unlikely to have been a recent loss. Still, the metal is valuable enough, and there are plenty of people who could profit from impersonating the nobles of Kintargo.

Y'all found a 250gp ring. And a key. And have a locked door.

stack
2016-01-22, 03:49 PM
Maximilian drops back down to the floor, showing the others the ring he found. "Not sure how it would have gotten up there. Worth something, anyhow. Try the door?"