PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Unchained variants clashing - skill unlocks and consolidated skills

Ediwir
2015-11-21, 09:31 AM
Fairly simple and yet so, so much to consider.
Imagine running an Unchained Rogue in a Consolidated Skills system game.
There are barely a dozen skills, and yet the rogue will eventually have to select several of them and gain additional abilities for them.
I'm not asking for FAQs, RAW or such things (tho they might help if they exist), but more for how would you manage the interaction?
Would you reduce the amount of skill unlocks the rogue gets or keep it the same? How would you apply it? Discuss.

Psyren
2015-11-21, 03:01 PM
Even if a rogue were to end up unlocking every skill in the game, what's the problem? Skills are still weak, and the Unchained Rogue being the best at using them is perfectly fine, imo. I would not reduce anything personally.

Ediwir
2015-11-21, 05:59 PM
It's more a problem of "the skills that Skill Unlocks refer to do not exist anymore, wat do". So far i considered just giving all the unlocks for the skills included in the consolidated version, but i wanted to see other opinions.
After all making skills stronger IS what the consolidated skill system is about.

Psyren
2015-11-21, 06:25 PM
It's more a problem of "the skills that Skill Unlocks refer to do not exist anymore, wat do". So far i considered just giving all the unlocks for the skills included in the consolidated version, but i wanted to see other opinions.
After all making skills stronger IS what the consolidated skill system is about.

If you agree with that (I do as well), then your first solution sounds like the way to go.

Genth
2015-11-21, 10:26 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, there is no RAW for these systems clashing because they're two separate systems which are both alternate.

Just in case you do go looking and are disapointed.