PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony: Slice of Life is Magic: The Wedding(Time Skip)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rater202
2015-11-21, 10:29 AM
Gear's father speaks up.

It's all quite an interesting topic of conversation, but perhaps not one appropriate for conversation over tea?

Eh, talk is talk, ain't it? Ain't like we're talkin' abaaaht 'em bumpin' uglies awer anything. Personally, I always figured what da sisters just preferred alternative company, if ya know what M'sayin'

Humble Master
2015-11-21, 10:40 AM
"To be fair, I'm pretty sure any assumption about the Princess's private matters has been a rumor at some point or another. I suppose Ponies just want to make their enigmatic and miraculous rulers more real." Subtle observed.

DigoDragon
2015-11-21, 11:07 AM
"So... Gear and Monkey got their honeymoon plans set up?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-21, 11:25 AM
Spark kisses Adepha back as he joins her side at the table he quickly heats hi a own cup for tea before replying, ah yes the loved ones of the princesses. Spark thinks of the alternate realities in time in which he saw such things. He also thought how sad iit is for some not to have a ling to hold forever. However he then does look to gear.
yes Geat what are you and monkey planning?

Rater202
2015-11-21, 03:43 PM
"So... Gear and Monkey got their honeymoon plans set up?"

Spark kisses Adepha back as he joins her side at the table he quickly heats hi a own cup for tea before replying, ah yes the loved ones of the princesses. Spark thinks of the alternate realities in time in which he saw such things. He also thought how sad iit is for some not to have a ling to hold forever. However he then does look to gear.
yes Geat what are you and monkey planning?

Well,I could have sworn I already mentioned this: We're going to head up to the Empire for a few days, then we'll be spending a week in Los Mareamos.

Will you be participating in the traditional ceremony?

But of course.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-21, 04:03 PM
Traditional cermony?"
Spark asked.

Rater202
2015-11-21, 07:23 PM
You see,Spark, it's a tradition, in the Crystal Empire, for newly wed couples to share a kiss while in the light of Crystal Heart,thus allowing some of their love for each other to be taken into the heart.

Legend has it that the love they give becomes part of the Heart's magic, and thus part of their love for each other will remain alive for as long as the heart exists, and as long as their love is alive, they'll never encounter a problem that they can't work out.

I told Monkey about it,when we were discussing marriage, and he agreed immediately... And that's why we decided to get married. That's why we're heading to the Empire.

Humble Master
2015-11-21, 07:36 PM
"Sounds like a very special moment to share with onepony." Subtle said, smiling. Even she thought it was a touching tradition.

DigoDragon
2015-11-21, 07:42 PM
"I pity whoever marries me," Sabina said. "Probably be a military style wedding, with armed guards in case the groom thinks of getting cold hooves." She has a silly grin when she says this.

Rater202
2015-11-22, 09:14 AM
"I pity whoever marries me," Sabina said. "Probably be a military style wedding, with armed guards in case the groom thinks of getting cold hooves." She has a silly grin when she says this.

I'll start planning Tenn's funeral, then.

DigoDragon
2015-11-22, 09:24 AM
"I know how to play that dirge," Sabina says helpfully.

Humble Master
2015-11-22, 01:08 PM
"Remind me not to get engaged to Sabina." Subtle said sarcastically. "I'll just come to mourn the tragic, completely accidental death, of her would-be husband which I definitely did not have a hoof in orchestrating."

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-22, 02:36 PM
Spark chuckles at the notion. Though he then thinks and looks to Adepha.
"We haven't decide what type of ceremony we want to do. "

Rater202
2015-11-22, 10:23 PM
"Remind me not to get engaged to Sabina." Subtle said sarcastically. "I'll just come to mourn the tragic, completely accidental death, of her would-be husband which I definitely did not have a hoof in orchestrating."
alas, that didst becometh morbid apace

much better

Just recall, lief Spark, if 't be true Monmon and I aren't invited, thee wilt beest smote with lightning.

By now, you may be getting the impression that he mostly uses his "Old Tongue" skills for trolling.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-23, 09:59 AM
Why wouldn't I invite you and Monkey. I need my best stallion by my side. Spark said with a smile across his face.

DigoDragon
2015-11-23, 10:20 AM
"Soooo.... bachelor party? Bachelorette party? Not sure how that latter one works but are there plans?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-23, 10:23 AM
Well, I can talk you Sabina, about the bachelor party for Gear, however, it is up to the brides maids who determine the Bacherlette party.

Rater202
2015-11-23, 10:26 AM
Monkey's old friend Deep Diver is planning to take him out for drinks tomorrow night, after the rehearsal, but I don't have anything in particular planned as a bachelor party.

Really, the traditional Bachelor party activities fail to interest me.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-23, 10:28 AM
I know that, thus why I have planned around that. After all it is not up to you that you know your own Bachelor party. Spark gives Gear a quick wink.

DigoDragon
2015-11-23, 10:46 AM
"We should do something though for your party, Gear," Sabina points out. "Like... okay we can probably skip the mare popping out of the cake (obvious reason), but there are drinks and bar games to be had. Oh and karaoke. Did that a few times with my platoon and it's fun after a few beers."

Humble Master
2015-11-23, 05:15 PM
Subtle bit her lip. "I've never really been one for intense revelry in general. I think Gear should be allowed to do, or not do, whatever he'd like."

Emperor Ing
2015-11-23, 10:42 PM

Well, you know i'm sure Queen Arlia would love to preside over the ceremony. Adepha mentioned. Oh! What about that glowing waterfall thing in Olith! That's always been a cool place! How do they make the water glow blue like that? It's not radioactive, is it?

Rater202
2015-11-24, 01:00 AM
I know that, thus why I have planned around that. After all it is not up to you that you know your own Bachelor party. Spark gives Gear a quick wink.

Look, if you're planning something, please keep it tasteful and wait till after the rehearsal tomorrow.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 06:29 AM
Spark nuzzled Adepha when she gave her idea.
That is a wonderful idea. However when Gear asked his questions.

Don't worry Gear, I understand what you mean and what you'd like.

DigoDragon
2015-11-24, 08:27 AM
Sabina grins. Gear wouldn't survive the downtime of boot camp.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 09:11 AM
Spark looks to Sabina and sees her grin.
"What is that smile for?"

DigoDragon
2015-11-24, 09:14 AM
"To make you think I'm up to something, instilling paranoia," Sabina replies. "Speaking of things, so did anyone have weekend plans? I probably should meet my folks at the station, but other than that I don't think Tenn made plans. If he did they're probably fresh out of his head, which has me interested."

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 09:35 AM
Spark did not seem to be lying when he said.
"I will be at the hospital this weekend."
Spark however was lying he had gotten good at it as he was not at the hospital but instead had a mission for the hierarchy and the hives.

Humble Master
2015-11-24, 04:59 PM
"The only plans I have are to go on a short trip with my family once Straight Truth get here. Past that, I've just been thinking of returning to Canterlot and my studies."

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 10:46 PM
"Well what did you think Tenn had in mind Bina?"

DigoDragon
2015-11-24, 10:52 PM
"Well what did you think Tenn had in mind Bina?"

"Oh I have no idea. We've been on and off 10 years and usually I'm the one who comes up with the plans. He's not exactly Mr. Romantic or Sir Adventure, but he's still lovable in his dorky way and I give him points for trying." Sabina giggles a tiny bit, as if this was making her remember something fondly.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 10:55 PM
"Maybe you and he should finally find a way to settle down?"

Emperor Ing
2015-11-24, 11:08 PM
Is there some Southern Dragon wedding traditions i'm not aware of? Adepha asked Spark. Or maybe some ancient Ancestral Dragon ritual?

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 11:10 PM
"The one tradition we did was when we were kids my love. I can't think of any tradition aside from that, that we aren't already doing."

Rater202
2015-11-24, 11:21 PM
Yes Adepha, we've already Established that I accidentally married you and Spark to each other and you've been dragon married since we were like, eleven.

There's a reason I've been calling you "princess," princess.

I don't quite fnk I've 'ead dis story, Diamond.

Later, Aunt Ivy.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-24, 11:30 PM
It does not have to be later, it was quite the tail"

Rater202
2015-11-25, 02:32 PM
It does not have to be later, it was quite the tail"

Okay...If you want to tell her it, you tell it to her.

Humble Master
2015-11-25, 08:37 PM
Subtle smiled, recalling their childhood adventures. "Heh, it certainly is an odd tale to say the least. Actually, Gear or Sabina maybe, what ever became of Mischief and Mayhem?"

Emperor Ing
2015-11-25, 09:00 PM
At the mention of their names, Adepha suddenly looked apprehensively towards Spark, gauging his reaction.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-25, 09:03 PM
Spark did not seem to react to the names at all, instead he seemed deep in thought. He was trying to determine where to start the story of how Adepha and he become one.

DigoDragon
2015-11-25, 10:40 PM
"Never saw either spirit since I moved away. Guess they're off having fun doing bum knows what."

Rater202
2015-11-25, 11:47 PM
As far as I know, Tenn still has the dice.

Though to be honest, the last time I saw either of them was, well... Nightmare Night.

Most of Gear's friends should know what he's talking about. That was the last time all five of them were together until now.

So... Sapphire. What 'ave yew been up to?

Well, you're probably aware of the temple, discovered last year, in the section of the Crystal Mountains to the northeast of here?
They've found a crystal tablet that seems to be the twin of the tablet we know of-the one I've been studying almost my entire career.

The actual, physical tablet, is currently in my study. As you can understand, this is a rather exciting prospect, for somepony in my field.

Adepha might notice that Gear's father's emotions underwent a change, that, she might recognize, occurred in Gear several times during their foal/nymphoods, whenever Gear got to tinker around with a prarticuarly interesting bit of tech, or when he had dificulty in a project. A sensation of excitement, or...anticipation. A challenge.

That sounds interesting. May we see it?

Hmm. Maybe. Does anypony else want to see it?

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-26, 08:07 AM
"I would like to yes I may be able to help with translation, if it is a language I know."

DigoDragon
2015-11-26, 08:17 AM
"Sure, I suppose," Sabina answered.

Humble Master
2015-11-26, 08:42 AM
"I am not in town often, so I might as well." Subtle said.

Emperor Ing
2015-11-26, 05:57 PM
Sounds neat! Adepha chirped.

Rater202
2015-11-26, 09:29 PM
Alright, come into the living room.

Once you're all in the house, Sapphire heads upstairs to his study and a few minutes later, he very slowly and carefully carries down a case of somekind.

He sets the case on the coffee table, open it, and pulls out another case-this one a portible glass display case, which he sets on the table.

Go ahead, take a look.

Humble Master
2015-11-26, 09:32 PM
Subtle comes over and peers into the case at whatever artifact was held within, intrigued despite this sort of lore being outside her ordinary purview.

Observation:[roll0]+18=25

Emperor Ing
2015-11-26, 10:14 PM
Adepha loomed over the tablet, attempting to look it over.

obs
[roll0] 12

Linguistics
[roll1] 11

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-26, 10:45 PM
As Spark looks over the tablet his eyes flash a multitude of colors as he attempts to read its surface.
[roll0]+16[/S]

DigoDragon
2015-11-26, 11:23 PM
Sabina hangs back, not wanting to crowd around the artifact.

Observation [roll0]+10 19

Rater202
2015-11-27, 12:31 AM
To those observing, the Tablet does in fact seem to be a cop of the original crystal tablet-they have certain sections in common, but sections on the other tablet are missing on this one, and sections on this one are not present on others.

Unfortunately, this one proves to be just as difficult to decipher as the other-only a few words here and their can be made out.

Suddenly, the Crystal the tabled is carved in glows, and there's a flash...But oddly, only the four of you and Gear seem to have reacted to it.

Are you all all right?

DigoDragon
2015-11-27, 08:03 AM
"Your uh... tablet thingie blinked at us."

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-27, 08:08 AM
Spark signs disappointed.
"There goes my hope we had normal life issues for the rest of your lives."

Humble Master
2015-11-27, 08:17 AM
Subtle instinctively fired up her horn and attempted to grant her eyes the ability to see the nature of magic. "You had that hope?" she asked Spark, sarcastically.

Spellcasting:[roll0]+18=25 Spending 7 points of spell energy for this casting of Spell Investigator. Storing this crit.

Emperor Ing
2015-11-27, 01:00 PM
I think we're fine. Adepha looked around at her friends and herself, seeing if there's any changes.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-27, 01:55 PM
"Of I had hope, I wanted you all to actually have happy lives even if I was in it."

Rater202
2015-11-27, 02:00 PM
Blinked at you?

Gear leans over and hugs Spark.

Forget about the "even" part.

The Tablet seems to be infused with many, many, many incredibly complex spells-the shear number makes them difficult to distinguish, and only your skill with the spell is preventing you from being overwhelmed.

You can, however, make out some sort of recording spell with a trigger of somesort...

...With something to do with dreams

Humble Master
2015-11-27, 05:26 PM
Fortunately for Subtle she had spent the greater part of her resent history doing nothing but studying magic and as such many things were fresh in her mind. Especially the magic of dreams, which she was surprised to find present in the tablet. "Alright, there's a hay-load of magic in this thing. Multiple layers of enchantments. The one I can best make out is some kind of recording spell with a connection to dreams of some sort."

Magic and Occult:[roll0]+12=21
Magic and Occult 2: Magic Occultier[roll1]+12=23

Emperor Ing
2015-11-27, 06:19 PM
Adepha looked at Subtle, tilting her head. So a magic dream-copy-machine?

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-27, 06:21 PM
"Let me take a look. Lah yah vey!" Spark says as he detects the magic and tries to single it out.
I will roll in ooc

DigoDragon
2015-11-27, 06:31 PM
Sabina sits down, relaxe.d She waits for results of the studies.

Rater202
2015-11-27, 07:47 PM
Spark makes out about the same information as Subtle, but can also tell that it records something other than dreams.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-27, 07:52 PM
She is right. It however does not record dreams, but something else. I can't quite make it out however.

DigoDragon
2015-11-27, 07:56 PM
"Maybe it records film?" Sabina asked. "An ancient commercial by the King Sombra department of tourism. Come for the crystals, stay for the slavery."

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-27, 08:07 PM
Spark gives a good chuckle at Sabina's joke.

It can't be for that, this is older the Sombra, right Mr. Record?

Humble Master
2015-11-27, 08:22 PM
"Knowing the context of where this was found and of what age it dates would certainly help solve the mystery." Subtle put in. "Though, if it records things, perhaps that flash was like a camera and this is an ancient device for taking family photos."

Emperor Ing
2015-11-27, 08:29 PM
Crystalling Health Insurance then! Adepha remarks.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-27, 08:38 PM
If it took our photo I hope none of us blinked.

DigoDragon
2015-11-27, 08:45 PM
"Weirdest camera I ever saw."

Rater202
2015-11-28, 11:05 AM
Sapphire is writing down what you've been saying.

If it were a camera, don't you think the others would have seen it? And what about the dream stuff?

Yes. Could you all let me know if you have any unusual dreams?

Humble Master
2015-11-28, 11:14 AM
"Of course, we shall remain vigilant as to the nature of our dreams." Subtle told Gear's dad. "I was mostly joking with the camera theory. Though, just to clarify Gear, did you not see a white flash just now?"

DigoDragon
2015-11-28, 12:13 PM
"Unusual dreams... yeah I think I'm used to that so might be difficult for me to comment," Sabina said. "I'll try."

Humble Master
2015-11-28, 12:14 PM
"Well, if has a totally ordinary dream that doesn't even involve Tenn playing badminton with Celestia we'll know something is up." Subtle joked.

DigoDragon
2015-11-28, 12:31 PM
"Well, if has a totally ordinary dream that doesn't even involve Tenn playing badminton with Celestia we'll know something is up." Subtle joked.

"I'd rather we be playing other games," Sabina muttered sly-like to herself.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-28, 12:35 PM
Ya like Role Play. Spark mumbles just loud enough for Sabina, though he does look to Scroll.

What if some of us don't dream anymore?

Humble Master
2015-11-28, 01:27 PM
Sabina's comment managed to get Subtle to blush a little and bite her tongue before silently thanking Luna Spark brought up another topic. "At all? I was unaware such a thing was possible. Though in that case I suppose any dream would be worth reporting."

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-28, 01:43 PM
Ya, I have not had a dream for a few years now. SO if I have one, I will report it.

Emperor Ing
2015-11-28, 02:32 PM
I had that once. Adepha replied. And it's not like "Oh I forgot the dream." You know when you had a dream but don't remember, like...you notice when something's not there. You just don't get a dream at all.

I don't know what causes dreamlessness, but I think it goes away after a while. I've been dreaming just fine.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-28, 02:36 PM
Spark nuzzled Adepha, as his wing wrapped around her
I asked for my dreams to be taken away, Blaise however has chosen to keep his.

Rater202
2015-11-28, 04:56 PM
"Of course, we shall remain vigilant as to the nature of our dreams." Subtle told Gear's dad. "I was mostly joking with the camera theory. Though, just to clarify Gear, did you not see a white flash just now?"Yeah, I saw it.
"I'd rather we be playing other games," Sabina muttered sly-like to herself.

I'm sure Tenn would prefer that as well.

Well then, now that this is sorted... Diamond, would you help me get this back in it's case?

Of course, father.

While Gear is helping his father, a tiny crystal filly is trying and failing to come into the room all sneaky like. She aproches Sabina.

Psst! Can I talk with you, Ms. Sabina?

DigoDragon
2015-11-28, 05:08 PM
Psst! Can I talk with you, Ms. Sabina?

Sabina leans over to the filly. "Sure, what's up?"

Humble Master
2015-11-28, 08:11 PM
"I would recommend to keep an eye on that tablet, just to be sure." Subtle put in before turning to this new arrival to see what was what.

Rater202
2015-11-29, 12:18 AM
Sabina leans over to the filly. "Sure, what's up?"

As Gear is helping his father with the tablet and the other adult ponies are likewise occupied, the little filly tries to drag the older mare someplace more private.

How did my big brother lose his leg?

DigoDragon
2015-11-29, 10:44 AM
As Gear is helping his father with the tablet and the other adult ponies are likewise occupied, the little filly tries to drag the older mare someplace more private.

How did my big brother lose his leg?

After getting pulled to the side, Sabina blinks at the question. "Didn't he tell you the story? He lost it in a no-holds-barred fight to defend our friend Spark from some nasty hoodlums. I remember it well. Those cretins were real tough and they were hurting Spark, but your brother valiantly jumped at them an blocked their attempt to hurt Spark further. Gear's leg couldn't be fixed, but he is proud to have traded it to know our friend Spark is safe."

Rater202
2015-11-29, 11:58 AM
After getting pulled to the side, Sabina blinks at the question. "Didn't he tell you the story? He lost it in a no-holds-barred fight to defend our friend Spark from some nasty hoodlums. I remember it well. Those cretins were real tough and they were hurting Spark, but your brother valiantly jumped at them an blocked their attempt to hurt Spark further. Gear's leg couldn't be fixed, but he is proud to have traded it to know our friend Spark is safe."

He never told me how it happened, just that it was worth it.

DigoDragon
2015-11-29, 12:09 PM
He never told me how it happened, just that it was worth it.

"Well, now you know the story. And it was worth it."

Emperor Ing
2015-11-29, 12:34 PM
Spark nuzzled Adepha, as his wing wrapped around her
I asked for my dreams to be taken away, Blaise however has chosen to keep his.

But...why? Adepha mentally replied, concerned.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-29, 12:38 PM
I see things and do things during my missions for the hives and Hierarchy that I don't want to revisit in my sleep. I would rather be in the now with you, rather then visit the past.
Spark walked beside Adepha, as he was giving off nothing but love and affection for his better half. He then however shivers.
My spine itches, like someone is talking about something important?

Humble Master
2015-11-29, 01:02 PM
Subtle raised an eyebrow at Spark. "Your spine itches when ponies do that?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-29, 01:41 PM
When they are mentioning me, at least it is a old dragon saying. Like for ponies and sneezing randomly.

Rater202
2015-11-29, 02:59 PM
Gear has finished with helping his father with the Tablet and i s back now.

Okay, what do we d-Where's Sabina?There is one more thing I'd wanted to ask you: Gear said that when you lived here, you were like his big sister. Does that mean you're like my big sister, too?

She smiles up at the older mare. DC 25 Will to resist cuteness.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-29, 03:28 PM
Your sister pulled her to the side, she wanted to talk to Sabina for a moment.

Emperor Ing
2015-11-29, 03:55 PM
They aren't having you do anything bad, are they?

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-29, 04:01 PM
No, I am sent to stop those doing bad things, to find them also if needed. But sometimes, I can't always get there in time. I can't time travel back, things are not always set in stone, but other things can't be changed.

DigoDragon
2015-11-29, 04:22 PM
There is one more thing I'd wanted to ask you: Gear said that when you lived here, you were like his big sister. Does that mean you're like my big sister, too?

"It could if you want. You brother thought of me like a big sis because we were good friends and I took care of him like he was a brother after we'd get hurt on our silly adventures." Sabina beamed proudly on the filly and mussed up her mane playfully.

DC 25 Will to resist cuteness.

Why would she resist? This isn't the Fallout Equestria Sabina. :smalltongue:

Humble Master
2015-11-29, 06:23 PM
Subtle stood by and smiled at Sabina playing with Gear's sister. It was, in all honesty, very, very adorable.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-29, 07:37 PM
Spark placed a claw on Adepha's back.
Come on Dephy lets go enjoy the rest of our tea.

Rater202
2015-11-30, 01:58 AM
"It could if you want. You brother thought of me like a big sis because we were good friends and I took care of him like he was a brother after we'd get hurt on our silly adventures." Sabina beamed proudly on the filly and mussed up her mane playfully.
Why would she resist? This isn't the Fallout Equestria Sabina. :smalltongue:

The filly responds by buzzing up(flight pack) and then climibg up upon Sabina' back to more easily provide hugs.

At this moment, Gear has figured out where the filly and mare have scampered off to, but then left to go borrow a camera from his mother.

Emperor Ing
2015-11-30, 08:15 PM
That's...terrible. Adepha remarked. If you can't reflect on the past, learn from the mistakes of either yourself and others. I'm afraid what you've seen will slowly eat away at you unless you can confront it.

Coffee is clearly the superior beverage. Adepha remarked as she followed her coltfriend back to the table.

Humble Master
2015-11-30, 08:27 PM
"The Lunar Court agrees with you Adepha." Subtle mentioned as she to returned to the table.

DigoDragon
2015-11-30, 08:27 PM
The filly responds by buzzing up(flight pack) and then climbing up upon Sabina' back to more easily provide hugs.

Sabina welcomes the hug, carrying her back over to the others.

cavalieredraghi
2015-11-30, 09:34 PM
It is okay my love. I am fine. I never like my dreams anyways, the only times there were good was when i was with you as a kid. I lost my dreams while we where apart. Spark nudged and played with Adepha's mane as they sat down. From time to time he sipped his tea.

Tea has heritage and ceremony to it. Especially with the Eastern Clan.

Rater202
2015-12-01, 01:29 AM
COLOR="#800080"]Coffee is clearly the superior beverage.[/COLOR] Adepha remarked as she followed her coltfriend back to the table.
"The Lunar Court agrees with you Adepha." Subtle mentioned as she to returned to the table.
Tea has heritage and ceremony to it. Especially with the Eastern Clan.
I find myself agreeing with Adepha. Coffee is far suerior at maintaining my sense of awareness when my muse decides to be a jerk and inspire me at 3 in the morning.

A glorious and fortunate discovery. I've been much more productive in the modern era than 1000 years past, even acounting for other changes, thanks to this coffee.

Liquor works in a pinch.

Sabina welcomes the hug, carrying her back over to the others.
And Gear gets a picture.

And that's going in the album.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-01, 01:41 AM
Spark signs.

Tea at least tastes good, and when you can't feel the effects of the drugs like Caffeine or the depressants of Alcohol then what taste good says a lot. Also during my time with the Eastern Clan I learned many of the Tea Ceremonies. I like the way they do things there from time to time. Balance is important.

DigoDragon
2015-12-01, 06:53 AM
"Are we debating tea and coffee?" Sabina asked when she returned. "That's a dangerous topic."

Humble Master
2015-12-01, 08:01 AM
"I don't know, I've grown to enjoy the taste of dark coffee." Subtle replied to Spark, before turning to Sabina. "Why's that a dangerous conversation? Am I missing something?"

DigoDragon
2015-12-01, 08:05 AM
"Mostly us soldiers in the mess hall. We tend to have strong debates about which drink is better," Sabina replied. "Sometimes strong enough that we're doing 50 pushups afterwards." She shrugged with a smile, as if this was something you'd normally see on a military base.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-02, 12:50 AM
How much of this debate has to do with which court you work under? Like Night Guards are the coffee faction, Day Guards the Tea Faction?

Rater202
2015-12-02, 01:56 AM
She shrugged
And Ruby fell off her back(She's okay)

How much of this debate has to do with which court you work under? Like Night Guards are the coffee faction, Day Guards the Tea Faction?

And the Empire is the "Crystal Berry juice" faction.

The allied hives presumably prefer hot cocoa.

That's another one. have no clue how something that was so bitter before is so sweet now.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-02, 02:30 AM
Well hot cocoa and chocolate milk is clearly the supreme beverage, that's a foregone conclusion. I'm just siding with coffee because the question is between coffee and tea!

DigoDragon
2015-12-02, 08:13 AM
"Oop, sorry about that little one," Sabina said to Ruby. "Anyway, the debates are never so simple as to be along court lines. You'll find coffee and tea drinkers mixed together in every department. Like, in my platoon we're almost split three ways between coffee, tea, and some other thing like hot water."

Rater202
2015-12-02, 03:40 PM
A little later, you've all finished your tea and said goodbye to Gears's parents and Ruby has run off to play with her friends some more.

Well, Unless Subtle and Sabina would like to see mine and Monkey's house, I'm about out of things to do. I'm actually quite proud of my new laboratory.

DigoDragon
2015-12-02, 03:57 PM
"Well, I think there's time before the train. Be interesting to see what a mad scientist's lab looks like."

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-02, 03:59 PM
They do have quite the lovely home. Then maybe afterward I can show you where Adepha and I live.

Humble Master
2015-12-02, 04:12 PM
"Seeing both of your houses might be interesting." Subtle said. "Though eventually I'd like to return to my family to prepare for the trip."

Rater202
2015-12-03, 02:27 PM
Alright. To my place it is.

Gear starts leading you to another residential district, though he seems to be taking an indirect path.

DigoDragon
2015-12-03, 02:34 PM
Sabina follows along, thinking on how much many of these neighborhoods have changed.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-03, 02:36 PM
Spark floats along, as he keeps an eye out for that cloaked pony.

[roll0]+4

Emperor Ing
2015-12-03, 03:35 PM
Adepha flutters behind.

Humble Master
2015-12-03, 04:58 PM
Subtle proceeds to Gear's house, taking in the way the town had changed with time and appreciating that she had more memories of Vanhoover than her actual hometown.

Rater202
2015-12-03, 10:21 PM
Spark sees no sign of the robed mare.

Gear manages to get you to his house, before rummaging through his saddlebags for his house key.Yeah. He's packing heat. Some things never change.

Once iside, You are ambushed by an athletic Pegasus who kisses his soon-to-be-hubby.

DigoDragon
2015-12-03, 10:31 PM
Sabina quickly side-steps to avoid getting trampled.

Humble Master
2015-12-03, 10:34 PM
Subtle moves aside to allow the soon-to-be-wed couple some space. "Somepony is excited, it appears."

Rater202
2015-12-03, 11:24 PM
After a minute, Gear and Monkey seperate.

No. This is just how we welcome each other home.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-03, 11:34 PM
Hmm, is that how I should start welcoming you home? Adepha gives a sideways grin to Spark.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-04, 06:20 AM
"I know you are not the stay at home type, but yah I would like that." Spark said as he looked down at his love.
"But since I am home when you are I may do it to you from now on."

Rater202
2015-12-05, 03:14 AM
The stow stallions are now standing next to one another, the pegasus' wing ove the crystal pony.

So, what brings you over?

I offered to show Sabina and Subtle the house. And the lab.

DigoDragon
2015-12-05, 08:30 AM
"Yeah, just getting a quick tour," Sabina said.

Humble Master
2015-12-05, 10:29 AM
"Then maybe head over to see where Adepha and Spark are living." Subtle put in.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-05, 10:31 AM
If they want to, I know that Sabina and Subtle want to be with there family for a bit today as well.

Rater202
2015-12-05, 01:56 PM
Okay then. This is the living room. You can see that it's just a normal living room.

It is. It looks exactly like you'd expect the living room of two young stallions to look like, complete with a bean bag chair in the corner...except it's a bit cleaner than most would expect. Other than that it's a normal living room.

I'll let you guys choose, we could go see the study, or the lab?

DigoDragon
2015-12-05, 01:58 PM
"Lab," Sabina replied. "We rarely bust mad scientists who sit around reading romance novels."

Humble Master
2015-12-05, 02:38 PM
"I've seen more than enough studies and far to few mad science laboratories. Besides, I get the sense that's the one you most want us to see anyway." Subtle answered.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-05, 04:57 PM
Lab. Adepha has stayed in Vanhoover, so she's seen Gear's lab many times, and has seen its development from a basement workshop into what it is today. She has a pretty good idea what it looks like now, but she wanted to see the look on Spark's and Sabina's face when they see it.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-05, 05:01 PM
Spark had seen the lab as well, he even was in it working with the two a number of times when it came to that special heart of Gear's.

It would seem everyone wants to see your Lab Gear.

Rater202
2015-12-05, 07:21 PM
Gear leads you all through the house down to his basement. The door is heavy steel and has multiple locks. Gear pulls a few keys from his bag, opens it, and leads you down stairs.

Everything down here appears to be heavily reinforced, and there's shiny metal everyone. Various contraptions, half built and otherwise, line the shelves and work tables, and blue prints and schematics are pinned to walls and boards. Plamsa spears and those little antenna things that have an arc of lightning flowing between them give the traditional "mad scientist" atmosphere... as does what appears to be a fog machine in the corner, though it isn't on, though neither the electrical doodads nor the fog machine seem to serve any purpose other than "to look cool."

There's a few of Gear's guns on a work bench.

There's also the normal basement stuff, and for some reason there's what looks like a kitchen table.

This brings back some memories. So, what do you think

DigoDragon
2015-12-05, 07:35 PM
"Not bad. Really, it is a nice place here. "

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-05, 07:56 PM
Spark moves to one of the schematics that Gear and Monkey had on the wall, while the others talked. He stared at it while he seemed to be pondering. It was the schematic of a heart.

Humble Master
2015-12-05, 09:14 PM
"I didn't think you for the type to have purely aesthetic instillations." Subtle remarked, observing the Jacob's ladders and fog machines. "Still, a very cool place to hang out and tinker. Also a kitchen table for some reason."

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-05, 09:35 PM
Spark looks to Subtle.

You will want to reign that question in, because trust me you don't want to know.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-05, 09:35 PM
Adepha could never quite get over the metallic tangy scent of ozone in Gear's lab. She figured Gear's used to it by now. What did surprise her was Spark's lack of a shocked reaction. He's been here before. Of course, he's already started the Heart!

Aw, the fog machine's off! Adepha whined jokingly. How is someling supposed to science properly without fog?

Rater202
2015-12-05, 09:57 PM
"I didn't think you for the type to have purely aesthetic instillations." Subtle remarked, observing the Jacob's ladders and fog machines. "Still, a very cool place to hang out and tinker. Also a kitchen table for some reason."
Well, how am I supposed to laugh manaically and declare tht "I'll show them, I'll show them all!" without a fog machine and a Jacob's latter?

...And, um... Yeah. The table... There's this drink called a screw driver. Monmon and I decided to try it out, and then the next thing we knew it was the next day, we were both hung over, and we were asleep on the table.

We have no idea how we got it down here, and we can't get it back up.

You kind of get the impression that that is nowhere near the full story and that you probably do not want to know the rest.

Adepha could never quite get over the metallic tangy scent of ozone in Gear's lab. She figured Gear's used to it by now. What did surprise her was Spark's lack of a shocked reaction. He's been here before. Of course, he's already started the Heart!

Aw, the fog machine's off! Adepha whined jokingly. How is someling supposed to science properly without fog?

Well, we're not scienceing right now, obviously.

DigoDragon
2015-12-05, 10:04 PM
"I'm a run n coke mare myself," Sabina said. "Off base of course. We have to be on our best when serving Equestria."

Humble Master
2015-12-05, 11:10 PM
"Just seems like sciencing might be easier without fog and errant arcs of lightning. I'm sure that whatever insane contraption you are building will serve as a suitable backdrop for maniacal laughter." Subtle commented, deciding to heed the warning and cease inquiry about the table. "I haven't had the time or inclination to try any alcoholic drinks beyond hard cider at this one tavern. That does taste good though, warm and comforting."

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-05, 11:16 PM
Man ponies able to get drunk, and Changlings can over charge. It must be interesting to be in such a state.

Rater202
2015-12-06, 12:23 AM
Trust me, it's not nice. And then you wake up with the worst possible headache and it lasts forever! Ever since the screwdriver incident, I've been sticking to the occasional glass of crystal berry wine, although Monmon has developed a taste for rum-punch.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-06, 01:10 AM
Well then dear Gear, you are a inexperienced drinker, there are ways to combat that nasty hangover before it even happens. Anyways what I ment was it must be nice to be able to get drunk or over charged.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-06, 01:17 AM
You just feel empty afterwards. I mean the kind of emptiness you feel in a complete existential crisis. Adepha replies. MAYBE Overcharging's better, I dunno. I can't stand the taste of alcohol personally.

Humble Master
2015-12-06, 08:28 AM
"I've only had small amounts of alchohol so I've had the fortune to not experience especially bad withdrawal." Subtle said. "Though from what I've seen and heard after some of the Aspirants go out for a drink, it is a very unpleasant experience."

DigoDragon
2015-12-06, 10:43 AM
I busted a drunk scientist once. He had a kitchen lab and was trying to make some opiates or something. Normally the police do it, but this was a special case due to it being on base. "

Rater202
2015-12-06, 03:47 PM
So, anything down here you'd like to know more about?

Emperor Ing
2015-12-06, 06:15 PM
Actually yeah. I've always wondered... Adepha trotted over to one of the antannae with the arc of lightning flowing between them. What do these do besides make everything smell like ozone?

Humble Master
2015-12-06, 07:13 PM
"Perhaps also a demonstration of you most recent invention?" Subtle suggested.

DigoDragon
2015-12-06, 08:10 PM
What do these do besides make everything smell like ozone?

"And run up an electric bill," Sabina added with a playful grin.

Rater202
2015-12-07, 01:21 AM
Actually yeah. I've always wondered... Adepha trotted over to one of the antannae with the arc of lightning flowing between them. What do these do besides make everything smell like ozone?
...It looks cool, and none of the other mad scientists would take me seriously if I didn't have at least one.

Also, one of my newer techno spells lets me use convert lightning to recharge batteries, so having a source of lightning on hoof is useful, and a Jacob's ladder is safer than a Tesla coil.

"And run up an electric bill," Sabina added with a playful grin.
Not as much as you'd think. Monmon and I have a couple of small wind turbines in the backyard, so the power bills aren't as high. Felt is was prudent with all of the sciencing I do.

"Perhaps also a demonstration of you most recent invention?" Subtle suggested.

Well, the most recent one is kind of hard to demonstrate and really needs some more dev time, but I can definitely show off one of the more recent ones.

Gear wanders over to one of his shelves, trying to decide on which device to demonstrate.

Humble Master
2015-12-07, 06:55 PM
"Well pick your favorite invention Gear, I'm sure I'd be impressed by any of them." Subtle said excitedly.

Rater202
2015-12-07, 10:12 PM
"Well pick your favorite invention Gear, I'm sure I'd be impressed by any of them." Subtle said excitedly.

...But you've already seen my favorite invention.I'm working on a school thing right now, but I don't want to leave you hanging.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-07, 10:43 PM
"Jacob's Ladder?" Is that what they call it? Cool!

Pick an invention we haven't seen yet.

Rater202
2015-12-08, 01:03 PM
Aha!

Gear takes a device from his shelf and slips it on his foreleg(the meat one).

Then he picked something else up, and trots over to a drawer, pulling out what looks like a surgical mask which he puts on.

Then he turns around to face you, throws the second object to the ground, revealing it to be a smoke bomb, and you can here a sciency beeping sound coming from inside the smoke.

When the smoke clears, their are five Gears.

What do you think?

Only the gear in the mmiddle is real. The rest have no emotions whatsoever.

Several inconsistencies, in appearance as such as the pattern of sparkles being off being slightly too transparent, or not casting a shadow means that the Gears on the far and mid lefts and rights aren't real, and are rather some kind of projection.

DigoDragon
2015-12-08, 02:33 PM
"That's pretty neat. A smoke bomb with an illusion tacked on?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-08, 02:39 PM
It is pretty cool. I have to admit. I can see it be applied to not just illusions either.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-08, 02:44 PM
SOMELING needs to make some getaways! Adepha chirped, looking at the middle Gear knowingly. Won't work against Changlings though. I can see which one's real.

Humble Master
2015-12-08, 04:57 PM
Subtle moved to examine the illusions and apply her practiced eye to appraise them. "Quite impressive and certainly a clever combination of effects."

Observation:[roll0]+18=24

Rater202
2015-12-08, 05:34 PM
No, the smoke bomb was something different, for effect.

Ans I know Changelings can see the real deal. I'm still working on that.

Gear twists a nob on the device, and the holoGears are replaced with holoMonkeys.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-08, 05:42 PM
Oh I see it is a role play device. You and Monkey gosh. Spark grinned at Gear.

DigoDragon
2015-12-08, 05:56 PM
"You could always become one of those zen masters that disguise their emotions," Sabina suggested.

Humble Master
2015-12-08, 07:10 PM
"Does that work?" Subtle asked Adepha. "Can somepony be so good at controlling their emotions they cease to be detectable by your empathic sense?"

Emperor Ing
2015-12-08, 07:41 PM
"Does that work?" Subtle asked Adepha. "Can somepony be so good at controlling their emotions they cease to be detectable by your empathic sense?"

No idea. Adepha answered. When someling tries to hide their emotions, they throw off another emotion to try and hide it. It doesn't usually work. It's like air-fresheners. They make a room that smells like fish smell like fish and flowers.

It....MIGHT be possible but I haven't met anyling who can do that.

DigoDragon
2015-12-08, 07:47 PM
"Supposedly there are a few who can repress their emotions so well with meditation that changelings feel nothing from them," Sabina said. "Might be theoretically possible but none of my changeling friends can see it." *Rimshot*

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-08, 07:50 PM
Wait so Emotions do have different flavors? What does my love taste like?

Rater202
2015-12-08, 08:37 PM
Oh I see it is a role play device. You and Monkey gosh. Spark grinned at Gear.

Gear blushes and turns the device off.

no, it's not that, um.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-08, 08:47 PM
Spark's eyes go wide.

I was just joking, was it really used for that?

Rater202
2015-12-08, 09:05 PM
Spark's eyes go wide.

I was just joking, was it really used for that?

No!

It's just something I made one day because I got the idea and it wouldn't leave me alone.

Trust me, I would not more show you guys something like that than I would explain wh... Never mind!

So, who wants to change the subject? Anypony?

Emperor Ing
2015-12-08, 09:05 PM
Wait so Emotions do have different flavors? What does my love taste like?

Of course emotions have different flavors, silly! I thought you knew that! Adepha teased.

As for what your love tastes like, well, imagine the greatest confection makers Equestria has ever known going above and beyond to create the greatest, sweetest, chewiest chocolate bar that could ever exist. What they would produce wouldn't even be half as rich and sweet as what you feel for me. I only wish you could taste what I felt for you too. Adepha nuzzles Spark.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-08, 09:08 PM
Spark was already on a changed subject as he wrapped his wings around Adepha, and started to nuzzle her back.

Maybe we can find a spell that will allow me to taste it. I do sometimes wonder myself.

DigoDragon
2015-12-08, 09:15 PM
So, who wants to change the subject? Anypony?

"Perhaps we should continue the parade of homes and see what else has changed?"

Humble Master
2015-12-08, 09:17 PM
"I do recall Spark wanting to show us his abode." Subtle said.

Rater202
2015-12-08, 09:29 PM
Okay, let's do that!

Gear leads you up the stairs. Suddenly there's a knock at the front door.

Humble Master
2015-12-08, 10:43 PM
"Wonder who that could be." Subtle mused as she exited the basement.

DigoDragon
2015-12-08, 10:52 PM
Sabina followed up the stairs.

Rater202
2015-12-09, 12:06 PM
Monkey is heading towards the door and looking through the viewing hole thing.

Hey, um... That hooded mare Spark warned me about is outside.

What should we do

The door is knocked on again.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-09, 12:08 PM
I can answer the door if you'd like? I am honestly not to concerned about this mare.

Humble Master
2015-12-09, 04:06 PM
"Some of us should not wait at the door in case of trouble. Should anything happen I can message Queen Arlia or Mayor Eclipse and use illusions to get everypony out of here." Subtle suggested. "Though, considering this character is knocking on your front door, there might be some benign explanation."

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-09, 04:16 PM
Spark moves to the door.
"We don't need my mother and indigo is not been mayor for a few years now."
He opens the door a crack to peek out.
"Hello how can I help you?"

Emperor Ing
2015-12-09, 04:18 PM
Well, let's go check it out. Adepha wanted to say "what's the worst that can happen" and by saying it, Adepha knew it was guaranteed to happen.

Rater202
2015-12-09, 04:21 PM
Spark moves to the door.
"We don't need my mother and indigo is not been mayor for a few years now."
He opens the door a crack to peek out.
"Hello how can I help you?"

The mare steps back, a bit surprised to see a dragon.

I'm sorry, I must have the wrong house.

Monkey's ear perks in recognition of the voice.

((Give me one last memory check to find out who she is before the reveal.))

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-09, 05:18 PM
Spark glares at the mare. "I remember you, I know who you want one moment." Spark shuts the door on her.
"Monkey it is your mother. " Spark was clearly not happy about who it was at the door.

DigoDragon
2015-12-09, 05:44 PM
Sabina hears the-OhWouldYouLookAtTheTime? It'sPottyO'Clock-Sabina goes into the bathroom.

Humble Master
2015-12-09, 05:52 PM
Subtle stood silently for a moment, contemplating Spark's revelation. Had they really not been able to sort out the problem after all this time? Of course, many years of details were lost on her but she figured it would do little good to pry into Monkey's relationship with his mother. "Gear, Monkey. I will stand by you when the time comes."

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-09, 06:24 PM
Oh I won't leave your side. I don't trust that woman.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-09, 07:50 PM
Mmmm... Adepha mutters to herself in thought. Need me to disguise as Monkey again?

Rater202
2015-12-09, 07:58 PM
Mmmm... Adepha mutters to herself in thought. Need me to disguise as Monkey again?

That won't be necessary. Spark. Let her in.

Monkey is rather tense right now.

Sis, do you have the authority to arrest civilians of they get violent right in front of you?

Gear has failed to notice that Sabina has left the room.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-09, 08:01 PM
"I do if she doesn't." Spark says opening the door for Monkey.

Rater202
2015-12-10, 05:38 PM
The mare steps in and takes down her hood. She stands there awkwardly.

Monkey says nothing.

...So.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-10, 05:43 PM
Spark just continues to glare at the mare. Following what Gear says.
Ya...

DigoDragon
2015-12-10, 05:45 PM
*Flush*

Sabina comes out of the bathroom after washing her hooves. "Oh hey, more guests, Gear?" The mare trots over to introduce herself with a hoof-shake. "Hi, name's Sabina. Royal Guard division. Don't worry, no troubles here. I'm an old friend from out of town. And you are?"

Humble Master
2015-12-10, 09:06 PM
"I believe she is family of Monkey's." Subtle Hoof said, introducing herself with a hoof-shake. "Mrs. Hoof, aspirant to the Lunar Court and longtime friend of Sabina and Gear."

Rater202
2015-12-11, 06:49 PM
I think we've met.

What do you want?

Monkey looks(and feels) really angry

...I came here, to apologize.

Monkey suddenly feels much much angrier.

Apologize? For what? Trying to break my colt friend and I up? For disappearing for over ten years? For always trying to make me somepony I'm not?

Awkward silence is awkward.

Humble Master
2015-12-11, 07:10 PM
Subtle gently put a hoof on Monkey's shoulder. "Monkey, she's trying to apologize and mend things. Better to let old wound heal then keep picking at them."

DigoDragon
2015-12-11, 07:47 PM
"Especially since she is your mother. Would you really go through life never speaking to her again? You know you only live once and better to make amends than be forever left with 'what-if'. Trust me, I know," Sabina empathized.

Fus Roh

Combat Cast

Rapport for empathy?: [roll0]+14 = 20

Emperor Ing
2015-12-11, 07:59 PM
Adepha can unfortunately taste Monkey's displeasure. Honestly, couldn't some ponies realize there's changlings nearby who might be able to taste that nasty emotion before feeling mad? Either way, Adepha attempted to sense Monkey's mom's emotions.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-11, 10:38 PM
Spark sees Adepha's face, and drapes a wing over her back, and tries to give her as much love as he can.

For the benefit of Monkey's future, I will keep my mouth shut on how i feel about his mother.

Rater202
2015-12-12, 01:16 AM
No. She had ten bucking years to come back and apologize. She didn't, and I don't want to hear it anymore.

Mon-

Get out!

The mare stands there, unsure of what to do.

Monkey.

No. Not after this long. Not after what she did the last time I saw her. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to deal with it right now. We're getting married in a few days. The rehearsal is tomorrow. I'm not letting her ruin it.

...Mrs. Bolt, perhaps the best thing would be for you to leave?

Emperor Ing
2015-12-12, 02:17 AM
Perhaps Mrs. Bolt came here with honest intentions and learned the error of her ways. In which case turning her away would cause her, and possibly Monkey, to have to suffer through something they will both possibly regret for the rest of their lives. If she only came to throw a wrench, now, after a decade, it's more negative emotion that they will have to deal with.

Adepha chose to give Mrs. Bolt the benefit of the doubt, even if she couldn't sense her emotions through the haze of Monkey's negativity. Monkey... Adepha began. Maybe...you should give her a chance. Let's hear what she has to say first.

DigoDragon
2015-12-12, 07:57 AM
'Situation's hostile. Best to fall back for now' Sabina thought to herself. She gave Monkey's mom a nudge. "Come on, why don't we grab a cup of coffee. Give your son some time to cool down and think this over. It doesn't do to discuss things in anger."

Humble Master
2015-12-12, 08:03 AM
"A very wise course Sabina, now that I consider things further." Subtle said, feeling very ineffective at diplomacy, and recalling how much she had relied on Sabina as the peacekeeper of her group of friends. Besides, if they discovered the intention's of Monkey's mother they might be able to convince her son she was genuinely here to repent. There would also be coffee, which was a plus.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-12, 08:06 AM
If you two go out for coffee with Mrs. Bolt. I will stay with Monkey and Gear. If that is alright with you both.

DigoDragon
2015-12-12, 08:17 AM
"Sure, we can do that," Sabina agreed.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-12, 08:21 AM
Good, and what about you Monkey and Gear? May I and possibly Dephy stay a bit longer?Spark did not want to speak for Adepha, but if she wanted to stay he may as well ask for her as well.

Rater202
2015-12-12, 08:52 PM
'Situation's hostile. Best to fall back for now' Sabina thought to herself. She gave Monkey's mom a nudge. "Come on, why don't we grab a cup of coffee. Give your son some time to cool down and think this over. It doesn't do to discuss things in anger."
After a moment, the mare just sort of backs out of the building and leaves.

Good, and what about you Monkey and Gear? May I and possibly Dephy stay a bit longer?Spark did not want to speak for Adepha, but if she wanted to stay he may as well ask for her as well.

Monkey has started wandering off to the study.

I-I think that's fine.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-12, 08:56 PM
Spark nods as he looks to Monkey walking away.

Come on Gear, lets check on him, then if he needs we can give him some space.

DigoDragon
2015-12-12, 09:45 PM
Sabina leaves to catch up and walk alongside Monkey's mother. "Do you still live in the area? I haven't been around in about ten years. Trying t catch up on how things have changed in the old neighborhood, you know?"

Humble Master
2015-12-12, 10:52 PM
Subtle excuses herself to go out with Sabina and meet up with Monkey's mother. "Do you know anywhere you'd like to go were we could sit and talk? I spotted a coffee house on my way into town that looked rather good."

Emperor Ing
2015-12-13, 09:02 PM
Adepha walks with Spark, not saying anything for the moment but hoping for some opportunity to present an amicable outcome.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-13, 09:14 PM
Spark for a moment pulled Adepha to the side and hugged her.

Hey if at any moment the Negative emotions get to much, you tell me okay, I will pull you aside and give you all the love you need. Spark smiled that classic lover boy look towards her as he awaited her response.

Rater202
2015-12-13, 09:50 PM
Sabina leaves to catch up and walk alongside Monkey's mother. "Do you still live in the area? I haven't been around in about ten years. Trying t catch up on how things have changed in the old neighborhood, you know?"
...I haven't live here since the day I walked out of my son's life.

Subtle excuses herself to go out with Sabina and meet up with Monkey's mother. "Do you know anywhere you'd like to go were we could sit and talk? I spotted a coffee house on my way into town that looked rather good."The mare nods, and motions to follow Subtle, should she start heading that way.The study/office/drinking room is a room with a desk, a filing cabinet, mini-fridge, and a liquor cabinet.

Monkey appears to be in the process of pulling bottles out from the mini-fridge and liquor cabinet.

Monmon?

Why today? Why now?

Emperor Ing
2015-12-13, 09:54 PM
Adepha smiled back. Thank you, I will, but now we need to make sure there's even more positive emotions floating around with Monkey and Mrs. Bolt.

I...don't think they'll reconcile right away, but...y'know. Hatchling steps.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-13, 09:58 PM
Yah, your right. Spark walks into the office with Adepha. Spark leans against the wall and looks at Monkey.

First off, I know you may want it, but Alcohol won't help right now. I suggest putting that away, and talking to us. I have an idea of what you are feeling right now. Spark says warmly, from one friend to another.

Banter=27
[roll0]+20

Humble Master
2015-12-13, 10:16 PM
Subtle began heading in the direction of the coffee shop, taking whatever pace seemed to fit Monkey's mother "Well, where did you live in the interim? Anyplace interesting or especially nice?"

DigoDragon
2015-12-14, 01:08 PM
Sabina spotted the shop Subtle was leading them too. What that building new?

Rater202
2015-12-14, 01:47 PM
Yah, your right. Spark walks into the office with Adepha. Spark leans against the wall and looks at Monkey.

First off, I know you may want it, but Alcohol won't help right now. I suggest putting that away, and talking to us. I have an idea of what you are feeling right now. Spark says warmly, from one friend to another.

Banter=27
[roll0]+20
I was only going to drink the one...

Hem deos[nt object when the rum he was reqaching for is taken from him.

Subtle began heading in the direction of the coffee shop, taking whatever pace seemed to fit Monkey's mother "Well, where did you live in the interim? Anyplace interesting or especially nice?"
I've spent the last decade in Cloudsdale.

Sabina spotted the shop Subtle was leading them too. What that building new?

Possibly.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-14, 01:50 PM
Spark sits on the couch then, and looks up to Monkey.

So..

Spark says as he tries to lead that statement for Monkey to finish.
Banter=31
[roll0]+20

DigoDragon
2015-12-14, 01:58 PM
I've spent the last decade in Cloudsdale.

"I hear it's nice year-round," Sabina said. "Guess it would be hard to wanna leave a nice place, but your son getting married? Pretty important point in his life. Making the effort and all that. That shows something, you know?"

Humble Master
2015-12-14, 05:05 PM
"One would expect the foundry of all Equestria's weather to have pretty nice weather." Subtle commented with a smile. "It seems then you're in much the same place as us, old faces returning to a town much changed."

Emperor Ing
2015-12-14, 09:06 PM
I was only going to drink the one...

We should still nip it in the bud before "one drink" becomes "just one more." Adepha suggests. Listen, Monkey. Is there a possibility, even a slight one, that your mom's here to reconcile...?

Rater202
2015-12-14, 10:34 PM
"I hear it's nice year-round," Sabina said. "Guess it would be hard to wanna leave a nice place, but your son getting married? Pretty important point in his life. Making the effort and all that. That shows something, you know?"
I didn't even know about the wedding.

You're almost to the coffee shop.

Spark sits on the couch then, and looks up to Monkey.

So..

Spark says as he tries to lead that statement for Monkey to finish.
Banter=31
[roll0]+20
So? I'm so not in a place to deal with this right now!

Monmon, please calm down.

We should still nip it in the bud before "one drink" becomes "just one more." Adepha suggests. Listen, Monkey. Is there a possibility, even a slight one, that your mom's here to reconcile...?

Yeah, I guess there is. It's just ten years too late.

Humble Master
2015-12-14, 10:41 PM
"Well, you came and that is valuable." Subtle said. "The hardest step on a new journey is the first one."

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-14, 10:41 PM
Spark looks to Gear, and Adepha.Sounds like me, when I was meeting Monah for the first time. Spark then looks to Monkey directly.

Look Monkey, here is the truth. You will never be ready for this, however you should face her now rather then later. These things take time to mend, and if you don't start now, you may never.
Spark did not come off as harsh, or mean, nor caring and looking down on, but rather as one who has been there.

Persuad= 33 crit
[roll0]+20

Emperor Ing
2015-12-14, 10:55 PM
Monkey, noling is saying what she did was right. At all. Trying to force you and Gear to break up, then deserting you and your family when confronted on it, it's not right. But life is too short to have regrets, and in your anger, you might lose the chance you have to reconcile with the pony who helped raise you from your early age!

Just...give your mother a chance. She's a pony with feelings and emotions too, and there's a chance, even a slight one, she regrets what she's done and wants to do the right thing.

If she's not, then at least you'll know you did everything you could do to mend your relationship. Me and Sparky will gladly escort her out of Vanhoover if worse comes to worse.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-14, 10:58 PM
If worse comes to worse, I will gladly arrest her for you, but only when you have given her a chance.

DigoDragon
2015-12-15, 09:20 AM
"Well, you came and that is valuable." Subtle said. "The hardest step on a new journey is the first one."

"Yeah, too true," Sabina agreed.

Rater202
2015-12-15, 08:49 PM

"Yeah, too true," Sabina agreed.
The mare remains silent. You're at the coffee shop now.

Spark looks to Gear, and Adepha.Sounds like me, when I was meeting Monah for the first time. Spark then looks to Monkey directly.

Look Monkey, here is the truth. You will never be ready for this, however you should face her now rather then later. These things take time to mend, and if you don't start now, you may never.
Spark did not come off as harsh, or mean, nor caring and looking down on, but rather as one who has been there.

Persuad= 33 crit
[roll0]+20

Monkey, noling is saying what she did was right. At all. Trying to force you and Gear to break up, then deserting you and your family when confronted on it, it's not right. But life is too short to have regrets, and in your anger, you might lose the chance you have to reconcile with the pony who helped raise you from your early age!

Just...give your mother a chance. She's a pony with feelings and emotions too, and there's a chance, even a slight one, she regrets what she's done and wants to do the right thing.

If she's not, then at least you'll know you did everything you could do to mend your relationship. Me and Sparky will gladly escort her out of Vanhoover if worse comes to worse.

...Yeah. You're probably right. I'm just.. I... Not now. Anytime but now.

Why now?

Gear hugs his hubby to be in a supportive manner.

After everything she id. Trying to send me to a junior guard camp against my will. Trying to break me and Gear up. fighting with dad over every little thing about me and trying to control my life... Just up and disappearing on me for ten bucking years!

...Why now. Why when I'm finally over it?

Well, he's not angry anymore, but his mood now might not be much better.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-15, 08:56 PM
I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here: If your mom doesn't even take the first steps towards reconciliation and she doesn't do everything she can to be a part of her son's wedding, it's something she'll regret for the rest of her life.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-15, 08:59 PM
Also your actions right now show you are not over it. Monkey you had pushed it away, suppressing your thoughts and feels on this subject. It was like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. So Rather then that bomb being worse, you should actually truly face it now. Before you do something you regret. Again Spark speaking from personal experience.

DigoDragon
2015-12-15, 09:04 PM
"What'll it be ladies? I'll buy," Sabina cheerfully says. She approaches the counter. "Medium coffee, iced, just a dash of vanilla cream."

Humble Master
2015-12-15, 09:57 PM
"Thanks Sabina, I'll take a small dark roast." Subtle said, approaching the counter. She then turned to Monkey's mom. "What do you want?"

Rater202
2015-12-16, 12:00 AM
Also your actions right now show you are not over it. Monkey you had pushed it away, suppressing your thoughts and feels on this subject. It was like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. So Rather then that bomb being worse, you should actually truly face it now. Before you do something you regret. Again Spark speaking from personal experience.
...I can't deal with this. Not tonight. Not so close to the wedding.

"Thanks Sabina, I'll take a small dark roast." Subtle said, approaching the counter. She then turned to Monkey's mom. "What do you want?"

Anything's fine. I'm military, we can handle everything.

cavalieredraghi
2015-12-16, 12:02 AM
If not tonight then when Monkey. After the wedding you have your Honey Moon. After that, you still have a new marriage to deal with. No now is the best time. Trust me, at least give her an hour of your time, after that, kick her out on her rear if you want.

Persuade=35 crit
[roll0]+20

DigoDragon
2015-12-16, 06:48 AM
Anything's fine. I'm military, we can handle everything.

"Heh, too true," Sabina agreed. "Barista, make it two iced." Sabina pays for the drinks.

"So what branch are you of?"

Humble Master
2015-12-16, 07:59 AM
Subtle sought out an empty table for the group to sit down at.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-16, 03:01 PM
...I can't deal with this. Not tonight. Not so close to the wedding.[/COLOR]

Well you'd BETTER believe it! Adepha muses. Take some time to cool off, you'll come to the right decision, i'm sure.

Rater202
2015-12-18, 03:29 AM
"Heh, too true," Sabina agreed. "Barista, make it two iced." Sabina pays for the drinks.

"So what branch are you of?"
I was in the Advanced Skyguard, an all Pegasus division of Her Majesty's Royal Guard. Only the most elite members of the Princess's Personal Guard and and the Guard Captain himself were more skilled soldiers than we were.

Could have gotten into the Elite Guard myself, but after three consecutive terms and a near miss with a hostile dragon at the southern border, I felt it'd be best to go onto the reserves, go into weather work, as was family tradition, and get started on the "settle down and start a family" thing.

...Which brings us back to why I'm here.

Well you'd BETTER believe it! Adepha muses. Take some time to cool off, you'll come to the right decision, i'm sure.
Not tonight. Let me take the rest of the day to calm down. sleep on it tonight. I'll make a decision in the morning.

Humble Master
2015-12-18, 07:50 AM
"Well, I suppose that subject is ultimately what we are going to talk about, one way or another. But hey, maybe you could share stories with Sabina latter." Subtle said. "As for you being here, I definitely support you trying to make amends. I know that Monkey must be confused and angry but I'm sure Adepha and Spark will help him to calm down."

DigoDragon
2015-12-18, 08:02 AM
"Kids never grow up the way we plan for them," Sabina added. "But you have to support their decisions, even if they're pretty bad ones. Like how birds kick their young out of the nest and it's either fly or hit the ground. But they're there to pick 'em up if they fall and help them back up to try again."

Rater202
2015-12-18, 08:44 PM
"Well, I suppose that subject is ultimately what we are going to talk about, one way or another. But hey, maybe you could share stories with Sabina latter." Subtle said. "As for you being here, I definitely support you trying to make amends. I know that Monkey must be confused and angry but I'm sure Adepha and Spark will help him to calm down."
Of course he is. The last time I saw him... I don't even care about anything anymore. I just want to make amends.

"Kids never grow up the way we plan for them," Sabina added. "But you have to support their decisions, even if they're pretty bad ones. Like how birds kick their young out of the nest and it's either fly or hit the ground. But they're there to pick 'em up if they fall and help them back up to try again."

I understand that now. I just hope it's not too late.

Emperor Ing
2015-12-18, 08:50 PM
Not tonight. Let me take the rest of the day to calm down. sleep on it tonight. I'll make a decision in the morning.

Mmmm, fair enough. Adepha relented. So what else is going on? Let's talk about happy things!

DigoDragon
2015-12-18, 09:03 PM
"No, it's not too late. There is still time to be in your son's life still."

Rater202
2015-12-19, 02:15 PM
Mmmm, fair enough. Adepha relented. So what else is going on? Let's talk about happy things!
Well, other than business being good the last few months with my new job and the increased income from Gear's latest contract renual, nothing much else is happening that you don't already know about.

Spark and ADepha probably know that, after graduation, Monkey began self-employment as a mechanic-mostly repiating machines but also occasionally doing maintanance on the trains that pass through vanhoover, as well as a bit of freelance contract work on the side. With the small fortune Gear has from his various patents and contracts, Monkey doen'st really need to work, but he wants to and the humble craft of repair work suits him(repairing things is his special talent, after all.)

"No, it's not too late. There is still time to be in your son's life still."
If he's willing to let me.

DigoDragon
2015-12-19, 02:47 PM
If he's willing to let me.

"Well he's a bright kid. He'll know that the worst choice to make is not to reconcile," Sabina assured. "We all only live once."