PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A RAW Question, Stances With Multiclassed Martial Adepts

glitterbaby
2015-11-22, 05:36 PM
I'm not seeing a ruling on it anywhere in the books although I could be missing it. If you are a multiclass martial adept do you get a stance for each class or just one period?

Curmudgeon
2015-11-22, 05:38 PM
You get what the class description says. If you're level 1 in each of Crusader, Swordsage, and Warblade you get a level 1 stance for each of them.

glitterbaby
2015-11-22, 05:40 PM
You get what the class description says. If you're level 1 in each of Crusader, Swordsage, and Warblade you get a level 1 stance for each of them.

I was more asking about how many stances you can have active, sorry for the ambiguity.

Curmudgeon
2015-11-22, 05:53 PM
Most martial adepts can use only one stance at a time, but some high-level adepts might be able to use two stances at once.
This limit (from page 40 of Tome of Battle) is outside the class specifications, so it applies generally. There's also this from page 43:
You can use a single swift action to end one stance and begin another, or you can choose to simply end your current stance without entering a different one. You continue to gain a stance’s benefits until you switch to a new stance or end your current one.
There's no normal option to begin a new stance without also ending your previous stance.

Edit: Master of Nine has the Dual Stance class feature, and Warblade's capstone is Stance Mastery wherein they can have two stances all the time.

glitterbaby
2015-11-22, 06:11 PM
Ok thank you, that answers my question.