PDA

View Full Version : D'Archverse | 'Myth - The Journey' IC Thread

Raynn
2015-11-22, 09:13 PM
http://s21.postimg.org/m5i73sbqf/Myths_Banner_01.png

Book I : Part I : Chapter 01 : Homecoming

"Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale”

The Alphona Hotel was not a large space, but it was theirs. Only a few stories tall the vine gilded red brick building sat a mile south of Freedom City's largest airport and so played host to travelling business men and tourists by the bus full, but today its grounds, at least those hidden from the street by the tall hedges around its parameters, were closed for a private event; the Springfield family reunion read the small sign the hoteliers had set up to direct the eclectic cast of characters that slipped through the lobby and into the back gardens without a word. None of the hoteliers were rude enough to point out that the reunion had folks of every age and origin, but large gatherings should be expected, they might have supposed, to have variety in this day and age.

The back doors of the hotel had been sealed, and the curtains drawn, so that the few guests who remained on this calm Spring day could see little of the party. They heard it though; a hundred or more voices laughing and chatting backed by a jazz band roaring out with trumpet blasts in a clear homage to the New Orleans style. The strange visitors hadn't paid, as far as the Hoteliers knew, and they hadn't ever payed the hotel to their knowledge. Such events were only ever called at the demand of the Hotel's owner, who never attended, and the strange guests were given free reign and privacy for so long as their events lasted. By the standards of a common mortal measure it was unusual, an anecdote to share in a facebook chat when inevitably asked 'any news?' but it was by no means bizarre. People were weird, most people who were unaware of the wyrd would say, and so the strange are shielded by the ever faithful blockade of apathy.

Apathy was not the styling of those at the party though, not that the hoteliers would ever know.

The Freehold of Freedom City, the Freedom League, were partying. It was Homecoming, the time of the year the longest escape Spring Courtier celebrated the date of their escape from Faerie, and the Court of Spring ensured it was a party for the whole Freehold. While the exact number of Changelings in the city was unknown but easily a hundred or so of them had arrived in drips and drabs throughout the morning, and many had brought ensorcelled mortals (friends, lovers, allies, etc) who had gotten into the spirit of the day. Summer Courtiers were busy being Summer, with two placed on every entrance to the garden, sealed as they were, with another few doing the rounds of the space. Still, those who were 'off the job' seemed to nearly be trying to put the Spring Courtiers to shame. The Red Victor of Summer (a sort of Wyrd selected MVP), Thomas Rhymer, a red haired elf with five-o'clock-shadow in a trenchcoat, was currently in a water pistol shoot out, leaping over shrubs as he ran, with the fellow Summer Courtier, and his girlfriend, Ayaka and two small courtless children, one a bright gold eyed fairest with gold bangs down to her feet and the other a part-corgi beast with a water cannon so large it required a backpack half as large as himself.

The other courts were present of course. Autumn were either gossiping with other Courtiers about some new paper on the possible feasibility of GMO hedge-plants (or some such Alistair Crowley meets Doc Brown mad scienc- *cough* magic) or sharing stories with the kids in a big huddled mass of toys and picnic blankets beneath a large tree along the western hedge wall. A few of the Winters were deep into a game of Cards Against Humanity with an assortment of Autumns and stray humans, a table which exploded in 'Jesus Christ Man,'-s and laughter every minute or so. The rest of the groups were mostly stray motleys who had taken up their own tables or Changelings who had brought enough mortals to fill a table on their own, though those tended to be Courtless who were still a little put off by the gathering of ogres, clockwork men, elf women, and part-dog people.

The Urban Myths, as they had been named for a noodle incident we will get into later I'm sure, slipped in with a casual glance over the surroundings. The last few months had mostly been busy work for the six of them. Suddenly returning to a world that hadn't noticed you leave doesn't tend to work out super well for your financials, and the Changelings had all been looking for, and finally locking down, a job and cramped apartments shared with mortals. Arianna for her part had been keeping an eye on Balor, helping him deal with his 'condition' as healthily as possible, while simultaneously trying to get Jake up to speed with the wider world of Mages. Nimue had helped Jake learn how to use or sword, or had someone instruct him at least, and taught him a few basic rotes but clearly being a Supernal being didn't give her an intimate understanding of Magic as a whole, or the Awakened Community. Jake for his part still had to hold down a job and a crappy apartment, so most of his education centered around immediate concerns such as Mana or Paradox, and less about why Arianna wouldn't tell him secrets about the Mysterium, or trying to join an Order. The six of them, by this point, had done enough of their mundane lives to earn a nice day off.

As the group slipped in a figure caught their eyes, and locked onto theirs. He was over seven foot tall, and wore a black waist coat and slacks, with an orange shirt beneath, but his collar was open and his sleeves were rolled up. His head was that of a lion, barely anthropomorphized, and his arms were thick, muscular, crimson-scaled draconic limbs that terminated in large clawed hands. His gold watch looked tiny wrapped around his wide wrist. He was King Leo of the Summer Court, the leader of the Knights of Freedom, and one of the founder's of the Freedom League. The name of course, was adopted, and he also went by Leo Chimera. He had been known to say that if he was going to have to lie to people about his name for his own safety, he'd at least let them know he was lying.

King Leo broke off from the conversation he'd been having with a young Spring Courtier, and approached the six of the Myths. His eyes slowly moved over them, and then he outstretched his hand "you're the Motley with the ... two 'wizards' and the one calling himself Balor," he looks to "William," he says with a smile and a nod "I hear many in the Freehold are looking forward to hearing about these urban myths of yours," he finishes with a smirk, his eyes dancing between Jake, Balor, and Arianna.

What do You do?

Everyone has the 'Family Ties' (Persistent) Condition, except Balor ;

Family Ties (Persistent)
Your character has become closely bonded to a Beast and finds great (if sometimes grudging) strength in that connection. While in his immediate presence, she may use the Beast’s relevant Resistance trait value instead of her own when defending against supernatural powers. In return, both she and the Beast receive a +1 on any rolls made to directly assist each other, or as part of teamwork actions undertaken together. You may have this Condition with multiple Beasts simultaneously.
Resolution: Your character severs her association with the Beast.
Beat: Your character encounters trouble with others of her kind or forsakes an important obligation to her supernatural culture, due to her connection with the Beast.

Everyone has the Chapter Condition 'Homecoming'

Homecoming (Persistent)
It's a day and night long party, and FINALLY you have a chance to be one of the popular kids ... or not. Still, having a good time and making some new pals is part of the deal. Gain a +2 to any Social Action or non-violent Physical Action involved with interacting with Changelings at the Homecoming morning Garden-Party & Barbecue.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or when you cause a Condition on yourself related to a new relationship to a newly met Changeling (this typically occurs through significant roleplaying, a spectacular success, a dramatic failure, or a combination of the above).
Beat: Your Character impresses or otherwise makes a splash at the Homecoming. This can be through impressive dancing, a skilled seduction, impressing the kids, performing a prank that gets you noticed, or anything similar. This need not paint you in a positive light, or be the result of a success rather than a failure ; public humiliation is as acceptable as public adoration. You may only gain a Beat (except for from resolution) once per scene from this Condition.

Jake gains the following Condition ;

Everyone Can Be Saved
Any old fool can be a warrior, and anyone can kill, what then makes a hero? Gain a +2 to any action that is purely non-lethal when trying to end a dangerous conflict when a lethal option would be easier. Actions that simply might not roll enough successes to be lethal do not qualify.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or when you chose to spare the guilty while still protecting the innocent.

Arianna gains the following Condition ;

Mystagogue
You are a seeker of knowledge and a teacher of things. You are the voice of reason in the dark, a stern hope in the field of fear. Gain a +2 to any non-violent Teamwork action, or any action clearly intended to help another but not yourself.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or when you successfully help another overcome an obstacle wisely.

William gains the following Condition ;

Bestial Influences
Some part of you is still the animal she made you, some part of you is not. Gain a +1 dice bonus to any attack where you all-out attack.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or when you pick a fight you don't need to, are stopped before going to far by a friend, or go to far trying to use violence to solve a problem.

Balor gains the following Condition ;

Kin
Your new friends are like family, and family must be protected at all costs. Gain a +1 to all rolls while actively protecting or assisting someone with the Family Ties Condition who is in danger.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or when you are injured protecting or helping someone with the Family Ties Condition.
Mazoe gains the following Condition ;

The Unifier
You are a master socializer and realize the power of people such as yourself when they work together. When you direct the group to follow a plan set forth by you to overcome an obstacle, and the follow your suggestion, everyone gains a +2 dice bonus to their next roll.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or have someone succeed on at least one of the rolls above, or otherwise show the group they are stronger together than apart.

Morganna gains the following Condition ;

The Author

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts.

Gain a +2 dice bonus to any attempt to Tale-Craft involving another Urban Myth, this bonus becomes a +3 if it also involves a Changeling or Human who is not a member of the Motley.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or have your Tale-Crafting attempt succeed.

Jake has the following Pledge Conditions :

The Pact with Nimue
Jake gains Excalibur. In exchange Nimue has one favor of any magnitude to be called in at anytime. Betrayal results cessation of the pact and forfeiture of Jake's Awakened Soul.
Resolution: This Condition resolves only when Jake betrays the Pact or pays his debt.

The Motley and Freehold Pledges are still being worked on.

Starsign
2015-11-22, 11:06 PM
Balor
Conditions: Homecoming, Kin

Had the event not sprung on Aiden like a anvil crashing right in front of him, he'd be a little more excited to prepare. As is, the Irish-American adult is still far too green about the supernatural community of Freedom City to be prepared for anything. Balor walked into the Alphona Hotel dressed in his normal wear, which is as urban and unfitting as they come for this meeting: rough denim jeans, a white t-shirt with a large scar-shaped hole in the middle, and a worn-and-rough brown leather vest to hide the shirt. His facial features are rough and rugged, having been dirtied up before being convinced to clean himself this morning. He is also considerably taller than the rest of the "Urban Myths" as they've come to be called, standing nearly seven feet tall.

He didn't like the name "Urban Myths;" he liked being Balor rather than being just some guy in a group. Though he may have just tried going on his own if Arianna hadn't been so knowledgeable and the others weren't so welcoming. They're like a gang, just Aiden wishes he was known as "Balor and the gang" rather than "That Urban Myth gang."

At least the party sure had a lot of interesting sights. Changelings are still a concept Aiden is trying to grasp, even after half of the Myths are Changelings. A lot of the ones he's seeing here look nothing like William, Morgan or Kristin. Sometimes it almost looks like a zoo parade happening, while at other points Balor looks more impressed at the ogres he wants to compare his strength with. None however are quite as impressive as King Leo. Now here is someone who looks like he can break Balor's arms without needing to try hard. Not that looks are everything; there's a lot more to a Beast than just their appearance after all. However Aiden doesn't see much need to go rile up someone for a fight. He didn't feel like he needed much in the way of satisfaction, outside of simply appearing to be a physical equal with the leader of the Knights of Freedom.

"Ah, and what are they expectin'?" Balor's rough and deep street voice comes out with an indifferent shrug. He certainly isn't mocking King Leo but Balor perhaps isn't speaking with the grace one should be giving to Leo. "Sure ain't better be teachin' the Freehold about being 'me'." Aiden can't imagine going up and giving a public speech if that's what Leo is expecting of him. Sure he can perform a feat of might but talking? His accent should give away how he'd rather be seen, not heard. "I can show off it ya wanna see that. But if ya gotta hear someone yap away then ya better let Shepard here open his mouth." He gives a amused look as he gives Jake a small elbow nudge. Balor felt like a bodyguard to this guy; stand behind Jake, let him speak, then interfere if things go south. Not a bad setup all things considered.

Ionbound
2015-11-23, 12:47 AM
Kristin nods as Leo breaks off the conversation, smiling nervously as she prepares to introduce the group, "Anyways, King Leo, these are them, yes. Um, Jake is the one that helped us out of our Keeper's clutches, through...Well, to be honest a good bit of bedlam. Turns out she didn't like him walking off without making a promise with her, much less taking her slaves with him. As for the other two...Well...Balor might remind a few people of bad memories, but Arianna should be fine." She looks meaningfully at the other mage and says, "Won't you."

SuperCracker
2015-11-23, 01:19 AM
Ash

It was as if he’d stepped into another world – a weird, wonderful, magical world. A lot had happened in the past few months, and where some would recoil in terror from the revelations, the world had seemingly opened up to Jake. He’d always thought there was more to life; more to this world – and he was completely right. Of course, now he had a soul-ripping oath tied to his fate… but he remained optimistic. Going to Arcadia had given him magic, the actual literal Excalibur, and a few new friends who were out to find themselves in their new lives.

Of course, he still had to have a job… which sucked; but it was time for the weekend, and these days the weekend meant crazy supernatural get togethers. This one was great all-around. These Changelings knew how to cut loose. The SCA dork inside of him (very much alive) reveled in the “fantasy” of it all. Today, Jake – or Ash, as he’d insisted people call him these days—was wearing a black t-shirt with a big golden Triforce on the front, jeans, and some black/white Chuck Taylors. He’d brought his duffle bag with him, containing Excalibur (and he’d told whomever was the guard or put it away with them for safekeeping – point is, never just leave a sword of legend lying around at home).

He gave a genuine smile as King Leo approached and greeted them all. The King was an amazing being. The dragon scales upon his arms were like living armor. Ash gave a courtly bow to the King (he wasn’t sure if that was how this worked, but might as well). “My liege. My name is Ash Shepard. Though mage I may be, I prefer the term adventurer.” He offered a brighter grin. Jake's charisma was easy, working on pure force of personality more than any delicate intrigues. “This is a wonderful party. I love your tastes in music.”

Eonn
2015-11-23, 11:40 AM
Will
Family Ties, Homecoming, Beastial Influences

William, as he went by now, bore the deepest scars from his bondage in the fae realm. Those who saw through his mask would see a creature more serpent like than human. Almost like King Leo, Will was plated head to tail in emerald scales. He wore a heavy leather jacket over a white tee, even though a small part of him wanted to wriggle free from the garments. Those who couldn't see through his mask witnessed a man in his early twenties; with light skin, dark hair, and blue eyes which almost seemed to glow in the right light.

Will speaks, his voice having a slight hiss to it. "Yes, we are an odd group." He pauses a moment eyes scanning the guests enjoying the party. "I can't say I enjoy the idea of partying while they still hold men and women against their will. We are free though, and have started to rebuild our lives. I suppose that is a good enough reason to participate in this vanity, at least for today."

Raynn
2015-11-23, 02:07 PM
Book 01 - Part 01 - Chapter 01 - Scene 01

"Yes, we are an odd group. I can't say I enjoy the idea of partying while they still hold men and women against their will. We are free though, and have started to rebuild our lives. I suppose that is a good enough reason to participate in this vanity, at least for today."

"Young William, my Courtier, remember that the Vernal Queen rules, and so deference to her predilections are important to the Freehold cohesive this at this time of year. A house divided against itself cannot stand, as was said; besides, remember the significance of morale in a long war like ours. Spring has its place," he turned to Jake ;

“My liege. My name is Ash Shepard. Though mage I may be, I prefer the term adventurer. This is a wonderful party. I love your tastes in music.”

He gives Jake a polite nod and motions to the gathering with a clawed hand "in fact this is a gathering arranged by Spring, the Season's ruling Court. I am merely a most honored guest taking a moment to greet his fellows. Also, I am not your Liege, not yet, so King Leo is more the sufficient-"

He is cut off by a small girl with pale white skin, long black hair, and solid eyes that pulses with an eerie light, in a white flower-patterned dress, tugging at his pants leg. She was barely much more than a toddler, or at least quite small for her age "I found your bib Lion King..." the girl trailed off as she hid mostly behind King Leo's leg, in that way small children often do around strangers.

King Leo for his part adopted an exaggerated and comically false visage of rage and in one swift motion plucked the girl from the hotel patio and up into the air, as she clutched a 'Kiss the King' apron that was notably longer than she was tall, so that it trailed along her like a blanket; as she went up she let out an excited yelp of glee.

King Leo spoke again, this time his voice more Scar than Mufasa "Lion king? Do you know what I do to little Changelings who get my name wrong?" suddenly he was pulling her close, ticking the small girl's sides and scratching her with what part of his mane that could be classified as a beard "I GOBBLE THEM UP!" after a few moments more he slings the girl, now giggling and laughing so hard she couldn't stop herself, onto one shoulder "I best get the barbecue started before the Spring Courtiers get up in arms. Enjoy the party, I'm sure we'll chat later," with that the Summer King turned and headed across the garden, with a wave back in the directions of the Myths.

What do You do?

Ionbound
2015-11-23, 06:00 PM
Kristin smiles and laughs as she watches Leo play with the girl, then waves back to him as he heads off, saying to the group, "Well...Have fun, everyone. Not much else to say." She then walks off, looking for people to hang out with.

smuchmuch
2015-11-23, 06:03 PM
Arianna
Third eye
Family ties, Homecoming, Mystagogue

Arianna looks around the room, at the trolls, half animals and elves around the room. Her expression has a feeling a benevolent, slightly curious interest.

In truth she has mixed feeling bettween near clinical curiosity (there's a half plant/half man creature there, life mmagic at work ? Are tose elf looking so with mind or is there some inhrent form of maic to these glamours ?...), wonderment (She had vaguely read about fae, though none of it made justice to what she see now.) and sight nervousness. It's been a while she has authorized herself a social event truth be told. Of course, a few college parties don't quite prepare you to hanging out with mythical and fairytale creatures before (She had no idea where to ever start...) or to the fact that these people have their own mini government.

She glances at her group as the king speak to them. Ash is his casual yet charming without needing to try. Krisitn seems a little nervous, which is odd as ariana would think her in her element here. Even Balor seems to open a little which is nice.
Herself she doesn't quite know where to start here.

She looks meaningfully at the other mage and says, "Won't you."

Arianna meet with a slightly curious glance Kristin stare. (beautiful eyes they are though). What an odd thing to say.

In the few weeks she's met them, or the last few minutes, she has not to her recollections, given any reasons for such a comment, not with that tone. No particular demonstration of temper or bravado or immorality, or any such behavior that would generally associated to cause 'trouble'. It's a minor thing but she has to wonder is it a subtle, unintentional, reminder of where they stand. The fact is, she has never seen the hedge, has not shared the experience they did, she is a stranger who came in later. She had hopped she might have eased herself to their trust a little but, in only a few weeks, it is only natural some suspicion and distance remains. ...Or Maybe she's overthinking it.

"Certainly. I like to think we are among friends. It is a very nice gathering you majesty" Arianna answers and coments "And not to worry, I promess not to read anyone's mind, particularly as long as they keep to cards against humanity. The thoughts processes from that game must have created half of the demons of Pandemonium"
Just a small joke wtih a small sheepish smile to ease the ambiance. Hopefully. (Even if the part about Pandemonium must have gone over most of her audience head, she realizes)

Arianna can't help but smile genuinely at the king shouldering the kid to go flip burgers.
It almost feels like something out of a sappy silly sitcom or someone's idealized idea of a garden party between neighbors but it's still adorable and sweet.
There's a sour under taste to it, though, if one cares to remembers that all of those people, kids included, where once abducted, warped, used. She understood William anger of course, (or she like to think she did, hough he'd probaly feel otherwise.). But this scene, this party in general with the people laughing an playing, It's the kind of things that reminds you for all, the bestial and monstrous appearances, the powers and the magic, these people are still, at heart, beyond the changes, well, still just that: people. Still capable of laughing and be happy and look to a future beyond what had been set by the trauma of an unfortunate past. And just as importantly, she can only hope it help reminds it to themselves.

... Too much thinking again. And with that she realizes she hasn't even saluted the man, some first impression...
Oh well. Maybe she's just going to mingle. Or sight interesting to her unseens senses....And maybe allow herself a glass or two to ease up, where are the drink ?

... While keeping a distant but watchfull eye over 'hero complex' Ash, 'Beast' balor and 'Burn the hedge' William

Ionbound
2015-11-24, 12:50 PM
Kristin
Homecoming, Family Ties, The Unifier

After a few moments, Kristin walks over to the Cards Against Humanity table and takes a seat, watching the current game curiously, having never seen nor heard of the game before.

SuperCracker
2015-11-24, 12:57 PM
Ash
Homecoming, Family Ties, Everyone Can Be Saved, Pact

“Well then I thank you for the greeting,” he had no idea why the King wasn’t the King just yet. Maybe it had something to do with all this seasonal stuff? Jake politely kept his mouth shut and would reserve all of his questions for his own party (as in: adventuring party). He smiled a big smile when the little girl came close. She was adorable, and the strangeness of her appearance did nothing to diminish Jake’s perception of her as a cute little girl. When she was shy for a moment, he lifted his right hand and gave her a small wave, but didn’t pressure her. He was good with kids, go figure.

In the back of his mind he thought that she must have been captured by someone like Nimue too. This world had a lot of injustice.

As the rest of his party began to disperse, Jake said, “Okay. Readyyyy – break!” And then clapped his hands. It was a thing his football coach of a dad had always done when they were going to break the proverbial huddle.

Jake immediately made his way for the food. He piled up some ribs, collared greens (it was a New Orleans style thing), and various other provisions before hunting for a table. He saw a myriad of people here… and chose a crowded picnic table at random. He sat down and offered a smile. “Hope you don’t mind if I join you.”

Starsign
2015-11-24, 01:01 PM
Balor
Conditions: Homecoming, Kin

The Beast smiles amusingly at King Leo's reaction. For the leader of the Knights of Freedom, he certainly does seem like an approachable sort. It makes Balor all the more interested to learn about this Summer King. Too bad the party seems all too busy for that. Balor feels his stomach growling, thankfully for actual food than anything else. Human he may not be but that doesn't mean he can enjoy the taste of cooked meat and grilled vegetables.

"Guess we should do some showin' off," he says, speaking with a voice that belies his neutral expression. Most of these activites here aren't stuff he's normally done, or things he'd be very good at. Water pistol shootouts? He's never really been good at aiming. Storytelling? He's a freaking Beast. He'd literally give the kids nightmares. Cards Against Humanity? He's not one for crude humor, and certainly much less for actually being humorous. Maybe he can follow King Leo, see if there's anything Balor can learn.

...Nah there isn't much here he can do to show off right now. Wouldn't hurt for him to do a bit of watching though. With a shrug and a wave to the other Myths, Balor walks off over to the Autumn Changelings who are sharing stories with the children. Given Balor knows about as little as many of the children there, he might actually learn something about Changeling lore or Autumn courts. If nothing else, he can chat with the court there.

It's not like he needs to feed right now.

Raynn
2015-11-24, 03:00 PM

Kristin

As Kristin slips she sees each of the players, five apparent humans in their thirties and three changelings (a fairest who looks like Legolas with a buzzcut in a hoodie, a hook nosed grey goblin in a RWBY hoodie, and a girl who's skin looked like porcelain wearing a 1950s inspired dress). They all held seven white playing cards, and some black ones, and one of the humans, an African-American man with tightly trimmed hair and a white shirt on, was leafing through cards he was being handed;

"I'm going to have to go with 'that's right, I killed... Bosnian Chicken farmers... How you ask? ... A murder most foul.'"

As Kristin approached the porcelain girl looked up. Kristin knew her in passing, she was another Spring courtier, Penny, though Kristin assumed that was assumed name.

"Hey Kristin, you want in for a hand or two?"

Arianna
Third eye

As Arianna slipped away to the buffet table, in the same direction as Shepherd, she felt goosebumps up her arms as her Unseen Sense triggered. Her eyes danced over Shepherd as he approached some strangers. One of the could have just done some subtle covert magic... or she could have just senses Shepherd trying something. As the sense faded slightly she noticed where on the buffet table the drinks were, overseen by a short man with skin the shade of mahogany, with a beard down to his old worn leather shoes. He was sorting the bottles and tankards and seemed to be keeping an eye on any passing young humans or Changelings. He eyed Arianna from behind thick spectacles "need a drink lass?" says the man with a chipper smile holding out an opened beer.

Shepherd
Perfect Moment

Jake, half noticing his direction, slipped onto a table with four figures speaking intensely about something. The four figures turn and look at him as he slips onto a bench. One is what can only be described as a Dryad, another is a man of gold wearing a black suit, a third is a figure in strangely archaic clothing who seems to be a half-preserved corpse (http://41.media.tumblr.com/e414032556d257821751e9d7147dd0de/tumblr_nxy3o8jl1W1qhw2n8o1_1280.png), while the last is a red haired elfish fairest.

"I might mind-" began the dead man before, half-led on by the Wyrd, Jake interrupted him.

"So you guys are Summer Court right?" Jake smirks "Aaron Aurum, Hazel, Grimm, and Abigail?" the group gave Jake a stunned look as he listed off their public names casually "You all fight the Fae right?"

The trio is stunned, but the redhead Abigail leans forward "Yeah, why? You heard of us?"

"No? Just a guess," Grimm, the dead man, raised an eyebrow-less brow at that "I fought a Fae once; almost got my but kicked but I held my own for a bit. Got my friends out which is what mattered."

"Wait. You're a Changeling?" the man of gold looked a tad confused.

"OH no. I projected my own Soul into Arcadia, sort of kicked down the door in a cosmic sense. It was a whole thing. If you ever run into one of the Gentry called Nimue you can ask her," Wyrd-Jake said proudly.

The gold man pointed at Jake "Wait. Wait!" he clicks his fingers, which ring more than click given his metallic nature as he tries to remember something "You're one of those Urban Myths, the Wizard with the magic sword?"

The red haired fairest's eyes go wide at that "Oh... oh my god..." the young women's eyes began to water "Nimue was my keeper too! I only got away because Nimue and her knights were chasing your prison break group!"

The dead man blinks, saying in a monotone "Seriously?"

"I thought only three Changelings got out of that prison-break alive?"

Wyrd-Jake looks saddened for a moment "Out of our group? Yeah..."

The Fairest girl, Abigail, placed a hand on Jake's shoulder "Thank you Jake. Really. Tell your friends I said thanks too."

Grimm slid a beer over to Jake "It's on me."

Abigail gives a forced glare back "It's noon and they're free."

"Meh," Grimm says with a shrug "my wallet can take the hit."

Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor, tall and broad, passes through the crowded space with ease, Changelings and humans alike making an effort to get out of his way. When he arrived at the makeshift picnic area he sees a dozen children (all of them Changelings) seated listening to a rather bizarre figure. He was a tall (though notably shorter than Balor) thin figure, with no nose to speak of and black orbular eyes (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/5344/3242869-ebony+maw+01.jpg). His robe was clearly hedgewoven, and looked like a smooth black robe like something Vader or a more futuristic Voldemort might wear. His appearance was not far from what one might imagine of a bizarre inhuman future scientist.

The children each were an example in variety. One was chubby with an overlarge mouth full of razor sharp teeth and leathery skin, another had long pointed ears and downy fur, another had tattoo like markings of pixelized creatures that seemed to shift every few moments, and the next was just as bizarre, as was the one after that, and the one after that, etc etc. If anything the children were changed even more intensely than most of the adult Changelings.

Seeing Balor approach the figure at the front of the 'class' gave a slight nod and continued his story "... and so the Dragon said to King Leo 'I shall not take one step forward?' said the Dragon, mocking King Leo's boast. To which the Lion King answered 'and if you don't I won't harm you.' The Dragon laughed with flame and hate, descending on the smaller Lion King, who stood at the mouth of the Trod, fighting to ensure our good city never suffered beneath the Dragon's wrath. With any good sense the Lion King should have fallen..." despite the obvious ending the children grew silent and the strange storyteller's voice grew grim "... but the weird cares little for inflections of voice. The Dragon had said, meaning it or not, that he would not step forward, and if he did not the King would not attack. The King, unbeknownst to the Dragon, had made this a Vow! The Dragon descended on the King, and the King dodged the clumsy monster with ease. 'How?' Roared the mighty Dragon, for the Dragon was mighty, he could not see how he could miss. Again he struck down on the King, and again he was turned aside. At last the King raised his claws, dripping with the magic of his Contracts, and said 'Freedom for the Free', and with one great sweep opened up the Dragon's belly 'tell the Others!' *sniky* and *slash* went the old King's claws, and the Monster, wounded, confused, and afraid fled back into Faerie, never to return."

With the monster beaten, the city saved, and the old King safe, the children cheered at the bloody tale. For a second the scene seemed a tad inappropriate, like showing an R Movie to kids... until one realized that things like the Dragon had probably done much worse to these children, and stories like this were probably one of the few things the adults could do to convince the children they were safe now... even if they might not be.

The storyteller looked back to Balor now and smiled "And to what do we owe this new visitor?"

SuperCracker
2015-11-24, 03:58 PM
Ash

Jake had never done that before. He’d experimented with magic, with tugging at the strands of fate, but he’d never just surrendered himself to it. It was a fantastic experience as the Wyrd made him the best, most sociable icebreaker that he could be. He could have thought too much about it and ruined it all, but he didn’t. He just went along with the flow to see where he ended up. After-all, sometimes that’s what you need to do to make good things happen.

He was touched when Abigail teared up and told him she’d been there too. He didn’t remember seeing her; if he had, he would have helped her directly. She was thanking him for the breakout that didn’t involve her. He felt joy that someone else had gotten away, but perhaps a bit of Superman guilt that he hadn’t done enough.

He reached up and placed his palm upon her arm and gave her a small, sad smile. “I wish we could have done more… but I’m just glad you’re here.” He let the moment of melancholy pass as he took the beer from Grimm. “It’s five o’clock somewhere and my liver can take one for the team.”

Sensing a moment to bond, he raised his beer up and gave a grin. “Here’s to the good fight--- aaand to you guys not calling me out when I inevitably get this barbecue sauce all over my face.”

Eonn
2015-11-24, 04:29 PM
Will

Seeing his group begin to dissolve, Will decides that it's also time to find something to do. But first, a quick stop for food...

Plate piled high, Will begins to roam through the gathering. With so many present, he knew he would quickly get pulled into a conversation. Who knows, maybe he could find some like minded individuals who he could eventually call allies.

Ionbound
2015-11-24, 04:51 PM
Kristin

Kristin winces as she sees that particular card combination, then sighs and mutters to herself, "Right...That wasn't recent at all, was it..." then nods to Penny and says, "Yeah, sure. How do you play?"

Raynn
2015-11-24, 06:12 PM

Kristin

The human in the white shirt starts dealing out new cards, two to the others and then seven to Kristin "Everyone gets seven cards," the human begins "and one person per round is picked as judge, and draws a black card. Everyone picks white cards, one for each blank or question, and the Judge picks who's answer was funniest. The funniest answer gets the point."

"It's pretty simple, but don't shout anything too loudly," motioning away from the table "there are children present."

I assume you don't want to play out the actual game, so just chat away. Feel free to embellish your relationship to the Changeling that recognized you.

smuchmuch
2015-11-24, 07:23 PM
Arianna
Third eye

Arianna shrugs as she feels the ever slight ping on her magic sense coming from Ash. For all she knows next second he'll be and finding a wallet on at his feet and the really slightly frustrating thing is that she'll be unable to tell if it might be a spell or genuine dumb luck (... Well Ancantuses, does that even make a difference for them ?).
Well, even if it's a spell, she doubt the changelings will mind though. Ash might be a willworker by his powers but he's pretty much an honorary 'one of them'.

However speaking of someone who's /out/ of his usual element (beyond he that is) she spies Balor going to the story telling circle. Hmm, he may be a legend incarnate but he's not exactly children appropriate material.
But those aren't quite ordinary children either, and probably neither are their versions of 'fairy' tales the cutesier cleaned up versions that are told to most children's. After all they've seen the real deal. (And something Balor himself is quite similar and yet so different, she supposes)...She's Actually quite curious of how the big guy is going to act here, if there's a gentler side to him that might show given the peculiar audience or he'll be his usual self. Besides a storyteller of a people of living fairy tales meet a living nightmare, yeah maybe she'll swing by there in a moment, should be quite interesting to listen too.

She look at the old man that is keeping the alcohol out from young hands with a smile. That's quite an impressive beard.
" Thank you... But I really shouldn't" No really. By being 50 percent of the mages present and the properly trained one, she does kind of represent more than herself here. Shell not make a spectacle of herself. Besides, maybe it's because her awakening was triggered by some or older past experiences, but she's been very careful about mind altering substances.

...On The other hand, she could alter her own brain chemistry in a flick of fingers (and give herself a much bigger high than any drug could where she so inclined), she's the mistress of her thoughts (... yeaah, right), she can afford one stupid bottle. "... Maybe just one."

Ionbound
2015-11-25, 03:28 PM
Kristin

Kristin chuckles as she reads some of the cards she's been dealt and says, "And I assume by funniest, you mean most offensive." She grins and says, "Alright." She looks at the cards she's been dealy and then at the black card and begins playing!

As she plays she nods to Penny and asks, "How've things been going? Everything good?"

Starsign
2015-11-26, 10:29 AM
Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor remained simply within hearing distance as he approaches what he thinks is another member of the Autumn Court. The incredibly... varied forms of children impressed the Beast, more than the adult Changelings. Had these kids been out on the streets like Aiden did growing up, they'd probably end up living very different lives from him. Hell they're probably living different lives already. The stories he's hearing aren't anything like the idealistic Horatio Alger books he read as a kid. This isn't even the kind of "fairy tales," for a certain definition of how they've been falsely portrayed, that Aiden knew of. These stories speak well more of what Balor assumes is Changeling reality mixed with the escapism of safety.

Not that such stories wither Balor's spirit; he's damn well old enough now that these would be the kind of stories he enjoys the most. If only the irony that he'd sooner be the dragon than the protagonist didn't feel so bitter sometimes.

Balor speaks up once he is questioned by the storyteller. "Thought I'd come take a listen," he says with a small smile. He attempts to not show the slight concern that he probably shouldn't introduce himself as Balor if he were to keep up the charade of safety in these kids. Balor can't really say that these children are going to be "safe" though; Aiden was never safe ever since he went out to live on the streets "I'm one of the Myths. Bet ya heard of me already." He looks towards the kids, wondering how they'd grow up, if any of them survived until then. Sure they may be listening to stories more grisly than what Aiden has read but it's still hidden behind a wall of idealistic safety. Balor could probably shatter that wall in an instant if he chose to; he's a damn Beast after all.

Balor crosses his arms as he turns his head to look at the storyteller again, speaking quietly. "...I'm guessin' most of these kids don't get a lot of chances to hear stories like that, huh? Ya know if they been gettin' through alright in Freedom City?"

Raynn
2015-11-26, 07:19 PM

Kristin

Penny shrugs "Some of the Spring folk are annoyed at the Summer Court, and vice versa, but that's hardly new. Ayaka is all set up to broker a mutual protection treaty with the Vampire Court, but the Vernal Queen is dragging her feet. With Winter having gotten the ball rolling she knows she can't really shut it down, and that the Summer King will close the deal once he's in power, but she finds the situation repugnant," Penny shuffles through her cards "Ayaka's Summer Court and she's chomping at the bit to get started. She thinks the Vampire Court could really help find some leads on Loyalists in Freedom. OH, and the Vernal Queen called the Vampires the 'Red' Court during a long term strategy meeting with the other Monarchs, which they all thought was a big at Summer. The Vernal Queen thinks we can take care of our own, but the Summer King, you know 'Captain McFighty' thinks we don't have the numbers, the training, or the magic to be proactive," she throws a card in the current Judge's direction "It's mostly just idle gossip I guess."

Balor
Homecoming, Kin

The storyteller gives Balor the once over "Ah. One of the Myths? Well, you're not a Changeling by the look of you, and you don't seem to have a magic sword, and you're not a woman so... you're the big one then? They weren't kidding on that," at Balor's question the Storyteller shakes his head "They live with the League... Some of them still have Fetches with their parents, but mostly they were taken so long ago from outside the city that their parents wouldn't recognize them... The Freehold looks after them in exchange for giving the Guild of Goldspinners a bit of leeway. We've actually got a private school set up, though it's only got one class so far. Hopefully it doesn't have to get much larger."

Arianna
Third eye

Arianna's Unseen Sense flickers again.

With a smirk and a laugh the old man hands her what appears to be a home made craft bear, with the label of a stag's head wrapped in the wreath of the Vernal Court "get that into you, best you'll have here."

Will

As Will moves between the groups he sees a Summer Courtier he recognizes, Ayaka the Blue, slip around a passing Ogre, and in front of him. She was reloading a Nerf Machine gun, and had a super soaker in an actual hip holster. Her more typical P-90 and Beretta were both absent, likely held with the other weapons by the Summer Courtiers on guard duty.

"Hey Will," she said with a smile between breaths "Nice to see you when there isn't a monster or nothing," the girls eyes were humanoid but icy blue, her pointed ears curved back behind her head, her hair was a black blue mesh that trailed to her lower back while puffing out like a main, and her skin (what was evident given she wearing a tank-top and cargo pants) was crisscrossed with a glowing orange circuit like pattern similar to glowing tattoos "your motley here, or are you flying solo?" she asked as she scanned those nearby as if keeping an eye out for someone.

Ash Shepherd
Family Ties, Everyone Can Be Saved, Pact

Jake begins sloshing it up with his new found fellows, taking a special interest in the woman he had inadvertently rescued.

Jake Triggers and Resolves the Homecoming Condition. Gaining 2 Beats for the group Pool ; (2/30).

Jake gains the following Condition ;

Unforeseen Consequences (Persistent)
Abigail and Jake are bound by a rather karmically lopsided history, with Abigail inadvertently owing Jake and the Urban Myths for her Freedom from Faerie. It is a tie that binds them, and a view into how Jake's actions affect more than himself.

Gain a +2 dice bonus to all rolls where Jake's relationship to Abigail plays a key roll (defending her, torturing her, investigating her past, seducing her, defending her before Elysium, etc).

*Note : This Condition does not confer any of the benefits of Social Merits (Retainers, Allies, Contacts, Slave, etc), though the player may choose to purchase those as normal with Storyteller permission in relation to Jake's relationship to Abigail. This may be sufficient to resolve this Condition.
Resolution: This Condition resolves when Jake takes an action (or is acted upon) in such a way as to change the nature of Jake and Abigail's relationship, including death or exile from the Freehold; this can include Spectacular Successes or Dramatic Failures with the bonus above. The Storyteller may decide to replace this Condition with another upon its resolution relating to the new state of the relationship.

EikaForge
2015-11-26, 09:50 PM
Morgana
Homecoming, Family Ties, The Author

King Leo was an impressive visage, certainly worthy of attention, but Morgana found herself too enraptured with all the party goer's to give him due credit. So many changelings milling around, so much fae magic in one place, it was like a glimmer of Arcadia. Just a glimmer, but even a glimmer was...amazing. Oh and each person here had so many stories to tell, intrigue and suspense, glamour and style, all was here to be experienced and woven...

Morgana shook her head lightly as she broke out of her reverie. No, she was here to relax and help the spring court with party, such fanciful thinking could be saved for later. Her cat eyes scanned the party for the Vernal Queen's attendant and personal assistant, Ameila the Elder. Spotting the college aged girl, Morgana walked over with a smile on her face. "Fair Ameila, is there anything this changeling can do to help?"

Yes, Morgana was aware of her manner of speaking was strange, that no one was actually suppose to talk like that. But it took effort to speak 'normally', a repercussion of her time in Arcadia perhaps, but not one she overly minded.

smuchmuch
2015-11-26, 11:12 PM
(Just realised hat 'Third eye' is a different thing that 'Read Aura', so casting that one as well)
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4]
10 rerolls if neessary ([roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9])

Arianna
Third eye, Aura reading

"Again ?" She remarks more for herself than anyone else that might be near. Do changeling having been influenced by magi as they were have magical senses of their own, not the exact kind as awakened do, that'd be doubtfull but some more specific things tied ttheir diverse powers ? she wonders.
Well everyone has some kind of power in this room. Unless it influence the mind, not this time as far as she an tell, trying to guess who and what every ping on her magic sense is would about be about as fruitfull as searching for the proverbial needle in the proverbial haystack.
But on the subject of using magics. ...She's not going to start reading anyone mind but just reading some auras, it's innocent enough, right ?

"Thank you." She looks at the open beer... what if it's enchanted, or much stronger that it seems. Or, more likely given the cicumstanes, these guys work by contracts and deal a lot, what by drinking she tacitely indebt herself or sells her soul or something...
...Oh what the hell. She takes a sip. Sure, after becoming a Mage she's been told healthy doses of temperance and paranoia (mostly the second) are quite vital, no matter how nice and trusting person you naturaly are (in fact especialy if you are), but once in a while you have to trust a little and not make a federal issue out of everything. And mingle. Best way to learn about these people is talking to them.
Are you the one who brewed it, Mr... ? I'm Arianna" Seems as good an icebreaker as any.

Ionbound
2015-11-26, 11:36 PM
Kristin

Kristin frowns and says, "That...Sounds kinda..iffy, to say the least. Vampires, huh? Heck, if they're anything like the stories, I think they're more due for a long walk in the sun than anything else. You read Dracula, right? Or Interview with the Vampire? Does Lestat or Dracula that sound like someone you'd want in your corner?"

Starsign
2015-11-28, 04:00 PM
Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor rests his back against a wall as the storyteller responds. 'Big guy.' Is that all Balor is going to be known for? Though the storyteller may not know the other Myths by name, the only thing that seems to label the Beast is his size. While perhaps Aiden hasn't been out making as big a name for himself as he could, having been given explicit advice by Arianna not to, there's gotta be something that he'll be more known for... Maybe he should state his 'name' after all; what's the worst that can happen.

Yet before he does, Balor takes another look at the children. Still very young, they are. Probably have even less to socialize with than he did, and he was homeless for a goddamned long time. "Just a class? Those don't go on for more than an hour, ain't it?" He tries recalling his time in school before he dropped out. It's been well over two decades now; he can't remember well. Then again that was well before he became what he is now. "What ya teach there anyway? Guess they don't see much out on the streets, huh?" Given how they look, Balor can't imagine any of them not sheltered from much of the outside world... They're not going to need someone else to help out are they?

Smiling and speaking quietly, Balor makes a proposition. "Anythin' they might be able to learn from me? I know this city real d-... well." He holds off a swear as his curiosity has taken over his mind. "Or even 'sides that, I've enough muscle on me if you might need me for any buildin'. I dunno what kinda home these kids have but I bet they'd deserve a better life growin' up than I got."

Raynn
2015-11-29, 01:30 PM

Kristin

Penny nods "When the thing in the other corner is the bastard-child of Lovecraft and David Bowie in Labyrinth? Yes. I'd shake hands with the Devil himself if it meant running a cold-iron ice pick through my keeper's head, and I don't think most would disagree. Anyway, from what I hear the Vampires, just like in the stories, used to be human. They think like us, and at least in 'part' are human. That alone makes them a much better devil to have on our side against things that don't even approach humanity. You think anyone here wouldn't side with Dracula or Lestat or frikking Edward Bloody Cullen if it meant killing, say, the Toy Boy or any other child-stealing fairy ****?" at this point the whole table had stopped and were looking at Penny and Kristin ; Penny stopped and shook her head "Sorry guys, I was just getting emotional. I... sorry..."

Arianna
Third eye, Aura Perception

"Mr Clover. Silly I know, but with names the way they are..." he trails off as he continues to set up drinks on the table, and keeping an eye on the younger Changelings and mortals passing around the buffet table.

The man's aura is friendly and playful as he continues to unload steins and bottles.

Arianna gains the following Condition ;

Tipsy
I'll just have one, I'm sure nothing could go wrong...

Take a -1 to all Mental and Physical Action where being a bit blitzed could put you at disadvantage (i.e. most), but gain a +2 on Social Actions.
Resolution: This Condition does not Resolve at the end of a Chapter, but it is removed. Resolve this Condition and take a Beat as normal when your lack of inhibitions cause you to take a significant Social Action you would not otherwise, or when your drunkenness causes you to embarrass yourself.

Do not take a Beat if this Condition is removed magically.

Morgana

Amelia the Elder turned and smiled to Morgana as she approached. When most thought of the effective Seneschal of the Vernal Queen they imagined some older, possibly crone-like, woman but a single glance made it evident that the Elder appellation was a material measure, not one of time. Quite literally in fact, she was formed of darkened elder wood and wore a hedge woven green long-coat over a black summer dress beneath it. Her eyes, green pin-pricks of fairy light rolling in darkness focused on Morgana behind horn rimmed pink glasses "OH. Morgana, I hadn't seen you yet," with a sudden sidestep she came before Morgana clutching a clipboard to her wooden chest and nibbling at the head of her pen "Hmm... things to do... hmmm... she scribbled down a tick and grabbed a plate of hot dogs, carrots, dips, and assorted culinary debris and hoisted it in Morgana's arms "the Courtiers on guard around the building are all wearing either a Green or Red armbrand, like those ones that charities used to give out. Go around and make sure they get something to eat; they probably won't get anything till almost everything is gone otherwise. That alright?"

Balor
Homecoming, Kin

The strange man shakes his head at Balor's comments "We've got a school built, well bought. Something small. As I said, the guild of Goldspinners keeps us afloat, and by class I mean just one group of students. We've made a few pledges to sort out a few teachers. Thankfully for the kids they look normal to others but... a rare child or two in a hundred can see through a mask, if only for a few moments here or there. It makes going to a normal school, at least until they're teenagers, impractical," he shrugged "if you do want to help you could ask some of the guards on watch outside the hotel if you can take their place? Otherwise, talk to one of the monarchs."

smuchmuch
2015-11-29, 04:52 PM
Arianna

Third eye, Aura reading
Family ties, Homecoming, Mystagogue, Tipsy

"I quite understand. If is not indelicate of me to ask, are you particulary lucky or is there some deeper meaning behind the name ? And I am hardly one to judge assumed names be it on ." "Arianna" thinks of the eye rolling when she came up with it in a hurry after her teacher taught her about the importae of names. She stuck with it, even if just because it has the advantage of sounding like a real name parents could vive to their children. "I think my only saving grace was that I didn't go with 'Athena', we must have at least three of those just in Haylcon. Or 'Psyche', can you imagine the p..retention ?"

She's certainly got quite a little more chatty. Oh my. Of course she knows alchool is a sneaky thing and it's effects start at small doses but she had only two sips. She shouldn't be at 0.30g/l just yet ?
"Strong stuff." she blinks "Any secret ingredient I should know about ?" she finishes her bottle. Better not to have a second. (maybe grab one, though, but not consuming it yet). On the plus side, goal acomplished, she is feeling much more relaxed.
---------------------------------------------
Couple minutes later.

"... Is ..S' everything allright ?" Ariana, who was on her way to Balor veers near the gaming table and near Kristin, her curiosity picked by a bit of aura flaring and the obvious silence that fell upon the gaming table for a short moment. Normaly she wouldn't just intrude like that but the whole point of that beer, wasn 't it ?

Raynn
2015-11-29, 05:30 PM

KristinArianna

Homecoming, Family Ties, The UnifierThird eye, Aura reading

Penny is still poorly composed when the tipsy Psychonaut approaches the table. After being taken aback for a moment she rubs her eyes and chokes out a "yeah- yes. I'm alright..." after an awkward moment she reaches out a hand to Arianna "Kristin's Motley-mate Arianna right? The Witch? I'm Penny, it's very nice to meet you."

Ionbound
2015-11-29, 05:34 PM
Kristin

Kristin frowns and says, "Still..." She then waves to Arianna and says, "Hey Ari, what's going on?"

Eonn
2015-11-29, 05:38 PM
Will
Family Ties, Beastial Influencs, Homecoming

"Hey Ayaka. We're all here, I just went off to raid the food table." I say, tearing off a morsel of meat from my meal and dipping it into my pocket for my pet snake. "Mind if I borrow one of your guns?"

Raynn
2015-11-29, 05:47 PM

WillAsh
Family Ties, Bestial Influences, HomecomingFamily Ties, Everyone Can Be Saved, Pact

With the practiced ease of someone more like a spec ops agent than a lithe girl with a nerf cannon she spins the super soaker out of her holster and into Will's hand "Happy to have you with us," Ayaka slammed a drum of nerf darts into her own weapon "Rhymer is somewhere," she stops suddenly and with a rapid grab pulls Will to the ground.

In the stray second that their pair are hitting the deck a half dozen primary coloured balloons rocket through the air as wobbling grenades of water and slam into a random table of folks midway through their drinks. On the one hand, luckily only one of the revelers were hit by any of the water balloons. The downside of this of course is that they were hit by all six of the balloons and were not soaking wet from the waist up.

Jake, stunned and a few drinks in, now sat soaked in his chair, the four Changelings he had been drinking with staring at him, repressing laughter.

What do You do?

Starsign
2015-11-29, 06:28 PM
Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor expresses a slight frown as his offer is declined by the storyteller. It feels just like his childhood; can't find work at one area so he's sent to another. He knows this pattern pretty darn well. If only there'd be someone that can give him a chance.

...Ah at least he was directed to the monarchs. King Leo should be one, right?

"I'll go visit him, thanks." He holds back the sound of disappointment in his voice as he takes his leave, giving one last look at the kids, before going to visit King Leo. While the Summer King might be busy, certainly he might have something interesting to talk or show to the Beast... Hopefully.

Eonn
2015-11-29, 06:48 PM
Completely ignoring the drenched Ash, I dash to a nearby unoccupied table and flip it to use as cover.

I'll give you covering fire, err... water. You move around and flank!" I whisper to Ayaka, before peeking out around the side of the table trying to spot the balloonadier.

smuchmuch
2015-11-29, 07:16 PM
Ariana

Third eye, Aura reading
Family ties, Homecoming, Mystagogue, Tipsy (and babling)

"Still... ?" Arrianna tilts her head curiously, curious as to what the conversation was about, as she stands behind Kristin chair and puts a hand on the chair as slight support. Normaly she wouldn't get so close, personal space and all (and it's Kristin...) but the slightly lowered inhibitions help.
Arianna smiles while answering to the elf wave, she does seem less introverted than usual. "Mee ? Oh just mingling. Alway happy to talk and Make new friends. Will you introduce me ?"

"Arianna of the path of the iron tower, Disciple of Mind and Space" Ariane bows slightly with just a little bit of mock stiffness then another chuckle "It's not as impressive as the pompous title make it sound, promess At you service. I prefer Mage to Witch, though. Witch makes it sounds like I should have more warts."

"I am eenchanted, er so to speak, to meet you, Penny. And all of you." Arianna smiles quite genuinely as possible looking from over Kristin shoulder. "And I have the honnor to be her Motley-Mate. M..MOlltey.. MAte. Slightly alliterative appeal but it doesn't quite roll of the tongue." (she's not slurring from drunkness here, she's actualy just pronouncing the words slowly in aslightly dreamy tone as if she was apraising them. Though the alcohol likely does make her more prone to talk out loud.) "Moltey, so much better than Cabal... Motley makes you a colorfull Diamond. Or another fool. heh"" with a little self derisive chuckle (and maybe just an ever so slight barely noticable side glance in direction of the table where Jake is))

Socialize First impression
Ten rerolls if necessary([roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9])

Some people are mean drunk some people are sleepy drunks, for now she's a chatterbox drunk.)

Ionbound
2015-11-29, 07:48 PM
Kristin

Kristin smiles and says, "Yup. That's Arianna alright. Gotta say, the mages are pretty cool folks when you get to know them. But anyways, Penny...The thing about vampires is that they're like...They make more of themselves out of innocent people, if the stories are to be believed. To me that makes them almost as bad as the Fae. They might have been human at one point, but...They're not anymore. They're like the Fae. Maybe less alien but they still abduct and change and kill normal people. That's gotta make them almost as bad, right?"

EikaForge
2015-11-29, 07:55 PM
Morgana

"Of course, we can't have our protectors going hungry." She takes a carrot stick and pops it into her mouth as though it were some cigarette. "Be back in a bit~"

Morgana bounces off, first going to the guards at the entrance, then making the rounds with a smile on her face. She stops to chat with any that seem in the mood, making pleasant conversation, a joke here, a pun there. Boredom was just as bad as hunger after all.

smuchmuch
2015-11-29, 08:15 PM
Ariana looks a little shocked at Kristin.
"I'm sorry Kristin but ... What if the storries are simply and plainly wrong ?"

"And even if they were true, , I understand why you feel so strongly about it but what about those innocents who were warped against their will ? Must they be imediatly lumped with the one who did it to them. all me naive but if there's a chance there'ss till people behind the fangs shouldn't they be juged for who they are, not what they might become ? Or who made them." Arianna ask with slight unease. Of all the places... "Make no mistakes, our orders are not stranger to vampires, especialy not in this city, and these 'vampire court' are pretty horrible by all acount I've readed or heard about them. But nonethelless your jugement seems ...harsh."

(reroll ten if possible ([roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8])

Raynn
2015-11-29, 08:38 PM

WillAsh
Family Ties, Bestial Influences, HomecomingFamily Ties, Everyone Can Be Saved, Pact

As Will looks around the table he sees Thomas Rhymer, a red eyed, long red haired, elf with a long coat that looked like a hybrid of a duster jacket and something a red-coat might wear. He was clutching a nerf pistol in one hand and a water pistol in the other, duel wielding like some sort of action hero. To his sides were a pair of children; one, a girl, had flesh like that of a corpse and a circular toothy mouth and the other was an orange reptilian, like a tiny dragon boy; both carried water-guns half as big as themselves.

"Come out with your hands up, and you stay dry!" barked the girl in a reverberating and monstrous tone that could never pass for human.

Rhymer for his part was ducking behind the table "Will, you don't want to be a part of this!" Rhymer shouted from cover, playing to the small monstrous girl's hammy play-acting for the children (and maybe a little of his own...) benefit.

Ayaka, for her part, was hiding beside Will now "Rhymer's just fussy because he never beats me at anything."

KristinArianna

Family Ties, The UnifierThird eye, Aura reading

Penny looks a little uncomfortable "I guess... I mean, doesn't it seem a bit ... racist? You know, to judge a whole group based on their species or whatever based solely on old wives tales and Buffy? I mean, your friend here could be right... maybe... they might be no worse than some of us... I mean, if they want to help how bad can they be?"

Penny is obviously torn but some of the others at the table are clearly more convinced by Kristin's prejudice than Arianna's rationale.

Kristin triggers and resolves Homecoming ; gaining 2 Beats (4/30).

Kristin gains the following Condition ;

The Only Good Vampire . . .
They take you, they make you suffer, and they make you like them. The only difference between the elders of the Kindred and the True Fae is that more of them are hiding among humanity right this moment. You gain a +2 in any action that could be described as 'anti-vampire', whether this is political discussion or violence.
Resolution: This Condition resolves at the Chapter's end, in which case do not gain a Beat; or when you gain a significant political ally against the Vampire-Changeling alliance, or cause a significant political roadblock to its progress.

Ionbound
2015-11-29, 10:29 PM
Kristin
Family Ties, The Unifier, The Only Good Vampire...

Kristin shrugs and says, "You're right, I don't know. And maybe some of them are more like Changelings. But what I can say, unequivocally, is that they remind me far, far too much of the Keepers we fled to be anything good."

Raynn
2015-11-30, 02:26 PM

KristinArianna

Family Ties, The Unifier, The Only Good Vampire . . .Third eye, Aura reading

Penny clearly uncomfortable tries to change the subject, or at least divert attention from herself in a discussion about politics "if you've got a problem with it... why don't you talk to the Monarchs? Your Mantle's strong, the Vernal Queen would hear you out..."

Arianna knows the following about Vampires ;

They can live off animals.
They do not need to kill humans to survive.
While inferior to Mages in nearl all respects, the Mysterium has documented psychic abilities among them that while incredibly niche are both powerful and more durable than modern Supernal magic.
Vampires can, rarely, go feral ; both for extended and short periods of time. They are otherwise cognizant of their actions.
Documentation of weaknesses, even in internal Mysterium documents, varies so incredibly as to make an accurate combat measure unreliable. The only common report is a weakness to sunlight and fire.
They possess the ability to uplift humans into a state of half-vampirism, immortality without many of their own weaknesses. The Mysterium has sought the method of this process in the past as these 'half-vampires', like vampires, themselves do not invoke Disbelief.
Many Mages believe vampires are a form of Abyssal-human hybrid, noting their lack of disbelief or Paradox, inability to sire beings lacking a Quiescence, and a cultural depiction of an internal other, called 'the Beast'.

Morgana

Morgana was chatting with Rory, a part hunting dog Beast-Changeling of the Summer Court, who was dressed in a loose suit and who had a handgun under his arm, when she picked the approaching crowd of hotel guests like one might pick Elmo out of a line up of burly home-burglars. Stumbling down the main walk down to the front entrance of the hotel was a tall thin grey skinned alien. His over long limbs were cloaked in a black under suit with a bramble pattern, terminating in spider like thin four digit-ed hands, while his body was cloaked in a Roswellian white long coat that seemed like some cross between a science fiction concept artist's idea of both a hazmat and a lab coat. The collar of the collar of the under suit didn't stop at the neck but ended along the jawline, and ran along the hairline so that only the very elongated oval of the face was visible. It's face was dominated by a flat black line of a mouth, and its eyes, edged in black, were thin angular solid yellow with no evident pupil. No hair, nose, or ears were evident.

It was difficult to imagine what the Changeling's mask could look like; he seemed so simply bizarre that a mundane version of the figure was hard to picture. One had to ask if he was a thin albino stumbling around in a CDC hazmat suit in broad daylight.

Once the figure was a few meters away from the doorway proper, and the other guests were already giving him a wide birth, something else became evident. In places there were dark stains, red or or an off-maroon, long dried and still fresh wounds. He was pock marked with them, and in places his labmat (hazcoat?) was scorched or torn.

He stumbled one last time and Rory reached out to catch him "They're . . . com- coming . . ."

With that the figure let out a pained gasp and his eyes rolled back in his head, or at least they seemed to... it was difficult to tell without evident eye-lids.

Rory looked at Morgan with a panicked stare, knowing Hotel stare would check on the commotion at any moment "Do you know this guy Morgana?"

She does not.

Ionbound
2015-11-30, 05:14 PM
Kristin

Kristin nods and says, "Sorry Penny. I just...Thank you for telling me. I'm sorry I blew up. Let's get back to the game. I'll talk to the Vernal Queen later today."

EikaForge
2015-12-01, 08:04 AM
Morgana

"I do not...perhaps it best to sound the alert, hmm?" Morgana flipped out her cell phone, god she loved how these had changed, and texted Jake, 'Trouble at the Gate, Assemble the Myth's and Bring Your Sword.' She was prone to cryptic message, but their meaning was usually clear enough to her motley...usually.

"Now lets see what we can do for him." Morgana bent down to check on the fallen being in front of her, she was a trained doctor, even if her certification was 7 years out of date. Once she has looked him over, she casts her magic of spring to revive him.

Raynn
2015-12-01, 02:03 PM

Morgana

Reviewing the man's injuries gives Morgana pause, he was clearly lucky to be alive, and her magic seals only a few of the still bleeding lacerations. The man's flesh was a mottled and bloody dark grey where he had been severely burned over much of his torso, right arm, and right leg; beyond this he had signs of blunt force trauma to his extremities along with countless small lacerations which could correlate to being hit by thrown debris or explosively propelled fragments at close range. The man had been burned, beaten, and near what was likely a blast or explosive of some kind. He was lucky to be alive.

His wounds were ;XXXXXX_

After the use of Eternal Spring • • • his wounds are ;XXXX//_

WillAsh

As Jake was still collecting himself he felt the Oracle phone in his pocket buzz; checking it, he sees the text from Morgana ;

'Trouble at the Gate, Assemble the Myth's and Bring Your Sword.'

Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor crosses the space to approach the apparently monstrous Summer King, who stands over a barbecue flipping burgers in an apron. He looks, seeing the equally large, if perhaps even a bit taller, Balor approach ; "Looking for something to eat there son? Balor, right?" he flips a burger lackadaisically "Like kids then? Noticed you over by that Autumn Storyteller."

Eonn
2015-12-01, 04:50 PM
Will
Beastial Influences, Homecoming, Family Ties

Hate to break your streak now then." I say to Ayaka. "Now let's soak his sorry ass."

With that said, I lean out from cover, waterarm at the ready. With Rhymer in my sights, I squeeze the trigger.

You want a roll for this?
Edit: Rolled in OOC thread. 3 suxx.

Starsign
2015-12-01, 05:54 PM
Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor kept a smirk on his face as he approached King Leo, and didn't change his expression at the Summer King's first words. "Them? Yeah sorta. Reminds me a bit o' myself," he responds, taking in the wonderful barbecue smell in a relaxed mood. As a Beast, he should have at least some attempt at not appearing too soft. Hell that's what his life has been about, showing how tougher he is. He wouldn't want to come off as antagonistic, so he puts on a amused jest-like attitude as he dully and quietly snarks, "Nothin' worth for my stomach though. Even jam won't make 'em taste good."

In case that Balor had made a sudden mood-killing moment, he continues like he's some fast-talking, casual negotiator. "But nah, I like 'em. And I bet they think of ya highly by what stories I've heard." That storytelling aspect is something Balor can't get out of his head. It's just like he's the villain and Leo's the hero. Is that what Balor wants, to have an enemy worthy of beating up? He was warned not to go looking for trouble as a Beast, as he's not only gonna find it but find too much. He's got a competitive edge but has to tamper it. Go crazy and he'll get what's coming to him.

That's what he's been warned of anyway. Good thing that you learn to really pick your fights growing up on the streets.

Trying not to dwell on the storytelling tale matter too much, he keeps his discussion going. "Can't imagine ya keep those kids guarded out on the streets. Not a safe place for kids, gotta be even less for any of 'em. Ya think they're gonna be safe enough with the Courts?"

smuchmuch
2015-12-03, 04:14 PM
Arianna
Third eye, Aura reading

"La M..Morte d'Arthur. Nimue is wise, strong, wife of .. er whatisname..Peleas, trained Lancelot in magic, a bevevolent figure. Univoqualy.Quite an upgrade from her role as temptress Vivien of old. An image that still prevade modern perception of the 'lady of the lake', I think."
Arianna expose flatly (she is a nerd isn't she) before she shrugs and smiles rather apologeticaly. What if it is seen as a cheap shot ? She hadn't meant it this way.. mostly. In truth she doesn't even disagree with Kristin. Nor is it her place, she supposes, to comment on politics be they Vampire or Changeling.
"I know I already said it but maybe keep in mind how wrong Malory got it before Bram Stoker and Ann Rice be your references."

There's a pause and then a very offbeat kind of smirk. Apparentively he's a chatterbox, argumentative with a weird sense of humour drunk."By all account I've read off they're still horrible cursed blood sucking psychic zombies but I feel if you are going to hate them, you might as well do it for all the good reasons and in an informed manner." There's probably nothing more to say on the subject. "... sorry"

Ionbound
2015-12-04, 07:39 PM
Kristin

Kristin nods to Arianna's point, shivering when Nimue is mentioned, but says, "I see your point. Still, though...Perhaps now is not the time. We can talk about this later. But I do want to know what you know about them. If I'm going to have to make this point, I want to be as informed as I can be."

SuperCracker
2015-12-05, 01:40 AM
Ash
Family Ties, Everyone Can Be Saved, Unforeseen Consequences, Pact

Jake was laughing and having a good time when a hail of water balloons struck him. He froze in position where he was, his drink held up to chin level and out in front of him. Despite the others laughing raucously, he kept a neutral expression. Jake smacked his lips once and calmly set his drink down. “You all realize… this means war.” How badly can one be hit with a water balloon backed with perfect timing? He didn’t know, but he was going to find out. Before he could get too far in enacting his revenge, he received a text message from Morgana.

Being a Millenial, he could not resist the siren song of his phone for very long. He checked his messages and saw what was written. Well that sounded ominous… and adventurous.

“Well, guys.. it was great meeting you. We’ll hang out again soon. Abigail, you have my number. I am, apparently, needed.”

He stood up and looked around the room to spot the others. One by one he visited them with the same message, “Morgan says trouble’s brewing. Trouble that needs weapons, apparently. Let’s go.”

Once he’d collected everyone he made his way towards the gate, Excalibur strapped to his back and his watch transformed into a very… erm… Hyrulean shield. Dork.

You know what. Tack on one more beat for us. Jake made friends. Aspiration!

Raynn
2015-12-05, 04:59 PM
Book 01 - Part 01 - Chapter 01 - Scene 02

All

A lot begins to happen at once.

Across the crowded space Jake rises from his chair as a spray of water collides with the side of Rhymer's head and he barks out a cacophony of shouts as he stumbles sideways around a table.

At the same time Kristin and Arianna are debating the prospective alliance with the Vampiric Court.

King Leo gave Balor a look that suggested he wondered if Balor had made some assumptions about how the Court did things "The children are not 'on the street'. With the financial support of the Guild of Goldspinners we've managed to form what could be called an adhoc orphanage, though it's probably closer to a strangely large foster family. It's the single largest expenditure for the Freedom League, but it's worth it by all accounts. Though they're not... guarded at all times, I admit. Right now they're not doing much more than going to school and coming home, to my knowledge, so we didn't try to arrange a Changeling warrior to constantly hold vigil over them."

It is at about that point that Jake gathers up the Myths, entourage style, and moves with his duffel bag to the front of the hotel, where Morgan and the Changeling on guard were still standing over the man. The Changeling in the black suit who was part hunting dog gave the group a wave as they approached. A crowd had started to form, though only of a dozen or so other guests, so Morgana and the Changling on Guard had moved the unconscious alien like Changeling around the corner to hide from the attention of the hotel staff. No sense calling an ambulance unless it was absolutely necessary, given the scrutiny it would cause among other difficulties.

The entirety of the Urban Myths were now standing over the strange figure in his strange hedge woven hazcoat (labmat?), along with the previously mentioned guard who had mentioned his name was Mark. Just Mark.

What do You do?

Ionbound
2015-12-05, 06:20 PM
Kristin

Kristin frowns as she listens intently to Jake, then says, "I see. I'm not sure how useful I'll be but I'll come with you." She follows Jake to the Gate, glancing at Excalibur, wondering if he really was a hero worthy of it, then chuckles softly as she sees the shape his shield takes, looking around for danger.

When none presents itself, she looks to the guard and asks, "What happened here? Did he just...Roll up like this and then pass out? Or did something else happen? Did he say anything before he passed out?"

smuchmuch
2015-12-05, 06:58 PM
Arianna

Third eye, Aura reading

" But I do want to know what you know about them. If I'm going to have to make this point, I want to be as informed as I can be."

"...Wait, you want me to do you a lecture ?"
..First time that's ever happened.

“Morgan says trouble’s brewing. Trouble that needs weapons, apparently. Let’s go.”

"Aww" And she was just about to ask if she could join the game. Buzzkill.

"Trouble that needs weapons ?" are they rushing in a fight ?! "Aren't there guard whose job is to handle this ?" What could be so bad that the "Myths be required ?
Well by the 'Myths' she means Balor and Jake if fight there is, because herself, what is she supposed to do ? Throw good and stares intentions at her opponenent ? (.. Actualy she could do that, she could in fact make it painfull if it came to this but, still, not the point...).

She gives of (slightly suspicious) pleading. She did feel some magic bored Ancathus with a magic sword he must have just itched to show off..."Have you... ?" ....No , she decides looking into his eyes. He was enjoying the party and besides he wouldn't start a fight just to show off. Shame on her to even think that

--------------------A little walking later-----------------

"Oh" Arianna as not only does it seem no one has started any fight but she see the slumped wounded man. Well now she feel bad about it.

She kneels near Morgana and takes a look at the man's wounds. She has to refrain quite a bit of a hicup as she sees it. Some seriously nasty burns and traces of several impact.
"d..Do you have any idea what happened to him ? He looks like he was caught into some kind of exlp..explosion." The worst of his wounds look partly closed, somehow, but still "He's gonna need some serious medical attention soon."

EikaForge
2015-12-06, 09:19 AM
Morgana

"He stumbled up, proclaimed 'They're coming.' and then promptly collapsed unceremoniously. I have healed what wounds I can for now, but we need to hide him, least we draw attention." Morgana turned to the guard, "Rory, would you be a dear and help carry him in, away from prying eyes? Gentle like, his wounds are grave. After you have done that, alert your summer fellows to what has happened so the can double the guard then fetch Amelia or another spring courtier to tend to his wounds."

The sore point of being unable to pledge to both spring and autumn courts, both of which she adored and felt drawn to, pained her once again. She would never be as adept at spring healing as those officially in the spring court, always deferring to their greater ability. But it was what it was, and there was no changing it.

She turned to back to her fellow myths. "And we shall remain on guard to thwart whatever bears ill-will upon the party goers, shan't we?"

smuchmuch
2015-12-07, 07:41 PM
Arianna

Third eye, Aura reading

"Ah, coould you wait a minute, please ?" Arianna grin sheepsihly at the guard then Morgana "Though I'd Lo.athe to interupt his much needed recuperation, I believe Exclibur,..Jake's sword, should be able to mend his wound and I could bring him back to conciousness and keep the pain away long enoug that he might get a chance to give us an idea of what is coming."

It's not necessarily a bad idea, it could be done. (...on the otherhand, maybe she was using concentration and low level magic to keep herself more lucid or it's just normal progressive diffusion of alchool through the brain, but someone very perceptive might notice her speech just started to slurr just a little more, believe what you will about the current effect on her jugement)

"It's just an idea"

Eonn
2015-12-12, 01:29 AM
Will
Beastial Influnces, Family Ties, Homecomming

"Hmm... so for a moment we're not on guard, then this happens." Will mutters, hand resting on his chin. "I'll have to take it up with King Leo later. For now though, Morgan's right. We need to end the ****s who did this."

I slip one of my hands into my jacket pocket, and gently pat my faithful companion.

I'm using a contract. Fang & Talon 2: Beast's keen Senses. Using the catch, so I don't have to pay glamor. Roll in ooc thread.

EDIT: 1 sux

Ionbound
2015-12-12, 10:11 AM
Kristin

Kristin frowns and says, "As much as I agree we need to find who did this, let's not be hasty. If we rush in, we could end up like this. We should stay on guard, yes, but we also need to figure out who 'They' are. I'd like to know what we're up against before committing to any action."

Raynn
2015-12-26, 12:10 PM

All

The group moves, with the help of Rory, the man in a side room off the garden ; a first floor bedroom that is hastily rented out as the group feigns their new arrival as a party goer who over did it. As Jake arrives to heal the man Rory slips out to alert the other Summer Courtiers and the Summer King and Vernal Queen.

What do You do?

AND we're back! Just giving Jake a moment to wake this guy up, hopefully SC is still somewhere about the place.

Raynn
2016-01-24, 03:53 PM

All

http://s29.postimg.org/vf1m8budj/Myths_01_01.pngAnd now, after a quite extended pause in our storytelling we return to the journey of the Urban Myths . . .

Rory, the Beast Changeling, raced away to inform the monarchs of the new arrival of a wounded foreign Changeling while he left the Myths to hold watch and care for the man until someone higher on the totem pole told him otherwise.
Meanwhile, back in room 014 where the Changeling had been moved the Spring Courtiers cared for their new charge. Once the chaos had died down a little a young man in a Triforce t-shirt arrived with a duffelbag. The alien appearance of the man didn't seem to faze the young member of the wise but that may have been simply due to how much time he had begun spending with those who looked a little other than human. http://s29.postimg.org/gx4f0c32f/Myths_01_02.png
http://s29.postimg.org/4fxrd67wn/Myths_01_03.pngWhat followed wasn't quite spectacular. The young man hefted an archaic looking longsword out of his duffelbag, freeing it of its scabbard, and held it aloft over the wounded man with only a few strange noise and mumbled syllables passing his lips. It possessed none of the flash of unglamoured Fae magic but its results were soon obvious.

http://s29.postimg.org/eoq8izvyf/Myths_01_04.png
Nearly as soon as the wounds had miraculously closed the yellow piercing eyes of the foreign Changeling shot open ; his face stretched into a taut and terrified mask before in a dozen darting sweeps taking in the room around him. His breaths raced and the confusion evident on his face seemed almost to overtake him, but something else overcame it.

The fear . . .http://s29.postimg.org/reugw33wn/Myths_01_05.png

Not of some strange room, or the strange men and women around him, but of something so teneberous and traumatic that its mere absence served to instantly making the room of unknowns palatable despite one's atavistic instincts. His thin lips parted, he mumbled half-mad through a series of half formed syllables, and then finally words drifted out in a soft yet high voice "the Ministry... the Ministry is coming!"

What do You do?

Ionbound
2016-01-24, 04:17 PM
Kristin

Kristin tilts her head as she looks at Excalibur, wondering what exactly the weapon is, if it's not using Fae magic normally, then frowns as she hears the recovered changeling's words, and asks, "Who the hell are the Ministry?" to nobody in particular.

EikaForge
2016-01-24, 04:20 PM
Morgana

Morganna bent over the newly healed changeling, putting a finger to her lips. "Ssssh now unknown one, calm yourself and tell us of this Ministry. We can do naught but wonder if we do not know the threat."

Raynn
2016-01-24, 04:34 PM
Book 01 - Part 01 - Chapter 01 - Scene 03

All

At Kristin's question the man's bizarre solid yellow eyes turned and locked onto her like a reptile syncing up with a target, or a predator, and when he spoke his voice was rapid and manic "they're... they call themselves the Phobetorian Ministry... they... killed my Cabal, my..." in a near fit of panic the man flung the blanket from himself and stumbled onto his feet "they could be here already..." he swung out his hands as if get everyone to give him space "they could be in here with us... they could be in your MINDS..." he struggled in his coat for something and pulled out a pair of scissors...

http://s24.postimg.org/uywh3v1tx/Imbued_Item.png

Every few seconds, like a manic tick he opened and closed the scissors rapidly at his side.

What do You do?

Every time he clicks the scissors closed Jake & Arianna's Unseen Sense is weakly triggered.

Ionbound
2016-01-24, 04:39 PM
Kristin

Kristin nods and says, "I...I see?" She sighs and gently holds the man's hand, and with the other, tries to close her hand around the scissors, trying to keep him from hurting herself or others.

Raynn
2016-01-24, 04:46 PM

All

The moment Kristin tries to touch the knife the man all but leaps across the room "DON'T touch me! You could be one of their agents..." he clicks his scissors "Are they here ... ?" his eyes glaze over for a moment before his fear somehow manages to intensify, twisting his alien features.

"They're already here... Oh god..." he whispers again "... did they send the Blitz ... ?"

In the distance their is the rumble of distant thunder on a clear summers day.

He stumbles as if something had taken the wind out of his panic... he looks over the room for a long moment "... we're... all going to die here ..."

What do You do?

Jake & Arianna's Unseen Senses are triggered whenever he clicks his scissors AND when he whispers a question.

Ionbound
2016-01-24, 05:29 PM
Kristin

Kristin recoils from the man as he leaps, saying, "Alright...Please, calm down. Nobody wants to hurt you. You are among friends." as she says the last words, her voice echoes with the power of Spring, trying to create a desire in the other changeling to simply calm down and rationally think about his surroundings.

Growth of Ivy, from Fleeting Spring contract: [roll0]
Extra rolls: [roll1]

Six successes.

Raynn
2016-01-24, 06:30 PM

All

The man stumbles a little as Kristin speaks, and he calms a little though he is still taking shuddering breaths and shaking "the Ministry has sent at least one of its members to find me and... what matters is that she is incredibly dangerous, and may have brought others. You need to hide me!"

What do You do?

Jake & Arianna's Unseen Senses are triggered as Kristin speaks.

smuchmuch
2016-01-25, 06:19 PM
Arianna

Third eye, Aura reading, Spatial

Arianna can't help but mutter '"Oh s***" at the menton of the 'Ministry'. Of course the Seer would get in town sooner or later with the Call but she had hoped it'd be a while.

She concntrates for a little while then puts an invisible ward on the room. She has no idea if it'll add anything to what she already percieve on the scisors but i case it nly rpotect him, and if a Seer is indeed scrying the right now she'd rather they hear as little as possible. She put her hand on Kristin hand to gently push it from the the man's hand to the wrist, as to sugest the freedom of movement to let him click his scisor (while still holding his arm if he sddenly got eratic) "Let him."

"Look, you're scared and we understand that. But you are at your court. And I am Pentacle She tries to say on the same kind of concilary tone Kristin and Morgan are using, the same kind she's familair from havong been a volunteer in hospitl herself, empathic but not condescending but sadly since she's still ever so slightly under the influence, some bluntness and slight hesitation creeps in occasionaly.
Since he mentioned being from a cabal, he should know what that World entails. She hopes. "And we look after our own. We'll protect against the Seers or anyone after you. If they try anything we'll kick their asses." Big (overcnfident) words. The court may be powerfull but they are not mages and it's not two neophytes that's going to stand against the Seers But that kind of reassurance is what he needs to hear.

"I see you already warded for Time and Space?" she ask, more rethoricaly than anything, trying to take on the same tone a nurse would be asking you if you took your pills but sounding maybe a little too interested. "I am Mastigos. I have warded this room further. I can ward your Mind as well , you understand ? but before that...we must know exactly what we are dealing with, kay ? Blitz, she's a Seer ? Mastigos ? Was she the one who burned you so badly ?" Slight bitting of lips, Yeah, that one lacked tact.

"But..uh..look If talking's too hard..." let approach her hand closer from the man forehead but at a respectable distance. She has to ask. Particulary in his state but Always. "..you gonna let let me in... ? You don't have to.".. Pause as she realise, one basic thing none of them seems to have said or even though to ask yet. She smiles sheepishly. "I am Arianna by the way.May I en..enqui.. Can I ask what name you go by ?"

forgot a diplomacy roll + ward spell roll. will roll it in the OOC
edit: So 2 and 1 suxx respectively

Starsign
2016-01-26, 01:13 PM
Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor is silent as the foreign changeling is brought in and healed. Part of street life is to be expecting something to go wrong, and expect the unexpected. The foreign one's babbling sure accomplishes that. "Guy's lost it," he says with a big shrug of his shoulders. "Must've got his brain fried." The brawler sure doesn't have much of a mind for analyzing injuries; easy for him to just make assumptions and let the other mages and changelings of the group take the effort to clarify things.

However, listening to this foreign changeling bark orders quickly becomes annoying to the Beast. Not because it's for the changeling's own good but it meant having Balor submit to an apparent higher power that's coming right this way. Balor may have survival instincts telling him when to fight and when to flee, but he has a lot of doubt that this group coming has come in peace.

"Alright, got two questions," he intrudes brutishly. The large Beast folds his arms with a calm scowl that hides his need to rush out and punch whatever is coming this way. "Gimme a refresh Arianna. What's this Phobetorian Ministry again?" He then sticks out his thick index finger at the foreign changeling who is in a depressed panic. "And you, crazy guy. What's the chance this 'Ministry' is just gonna try tearin' us up if we do hide you?" For all the fear that this changeling has, he hasn't done a good job with avoiding contradictions. He says they're all gonna die and then beg that he needs to be hidden. What are they here, to kill everyone or not? The answer to that is merely going to be how excited Balor will be to walk out and slug whatever creep is coming this way.

Raynn
2016-01-31, 02:34 PM

All

The man pulls away from any physical contact and shakes his head to the offer of any psychic assistance "No Mind magic," he clicks his scissors again and his eyes continue to erratically scan the space around him, likely seeing something the others present cannot "Blitz is a foot-soldier of the Phobetorian Ministry. She can wield lightning like a living storm, she can burn towers to ruins, and she can out run the wind. She was trained by chained gods and ancient sorcerers... and she is one of many. They work in groups they call Pylons and any one of them is powerful enough to strike down armies of lesser mortals," he turns and looks at the Urban Myths "my name is Xeno Green," he laughed a little at that "I go by Mr Green."

He took a deep breath and steadied himself finally "I am Mr Green, Courtier of the Autumn Court of Chicago, last living member of the Cabal of the Ashen Stave ; I ask both of my fellows of the Lost, and of those to whom the Seers are their primordial enemy, that you stand with me," he withdraws a small black moleskin journal from his pocket "to defend this."

There was a moment of awkward silence as Mr Green held up the journal before stowing back in his coat.

"My friend, a member of the Pentacle Orders, gave this to me as her final act and told me that if it ever fell into Seer hands it could mean them acquiring a source of untold power. I honestly don't know what it is but the Seers killed three skilled Mages, and... someone else of power, just to have a chance at it. I need your help."

At a strong breeze rushed from the doorway, and Jake and Arianna's Unseen Senses triggered for a single moment, before fading again quickly.

What do You do?

smuchmuch
2016-01-31, 09:16 PM
Arianna

"Thank you. All will be fine" Arrianna moves back from the bed with what she hopes is a reaassuring smile. "A seer and an Obrimos then." And from the Ministriy of .. Phobos ..Fear ? (Not quite ? Phobitor ? so... Night terrors ?). That's a new one to her but it is sounding both surly and comparing themselves to mithology, very magey (and even more so, vvery seer-ish.) "Pretentious jerks offs"

Arianna can't help but glance at Balor then at the journal "Please, let our friend hold on to that for now" Why him ? He's the more sturdy here, even if this Blitz lives to her hype, he's gonna be a nasty surprise. If it's Nightmare they deal in, they might find just a little more than they bargained for. (Not that the guy with the magic sword orthe changelings are pushovers either but they don't fit with the theme here, she was having a mental moment, geez.)

Truth be told she's more worried about the other occupant of the buildings, or Mr Green himself. There are all those changelings, including the kids in this building. And she really wouldn't put past a seer to do some large colateral damage with humans, so changelings

["At least an adept, I assume. Should be able manipulate all sort of energies. Not only electricity but also kinetics but also potentialy sound and light like listening from far away right now or be standing invisible." Arianna informs matter of factly her audience before giving a side glance at Jake. "Were I another adept of Forces I'd try providing some shielding but sadly this is far removed from my competence."

That said speaking of shielding, it doesn't sound like this Blitz is a dealer of Mind magic herself but just to be safer than sorry, She closes her eyes and concentrate (despite the slight fog of stupefiants in her brain. She decide to drink one beer at one party and it has to be the night of a Seer attack, yeesh) choosing to invisibely wall the Minds of Mr Green, she did promess protection , the big guy. And a shield of deception on herself, you never know.

She takes a breath in as she feel the breeze blowing in and the tingle of her unseen sense. It could be Jake but that wind, she's going ro guess, she's close.
"...So if you are listening to this, as I think you might be" Arrianna say to thin air. ((And if it turns out she isn't listening, boy is Arianna going to look silly... Er... blame the beer ?) "it's still possible to talk this out peacefully. Just meet at the front entrance. " Try to talk pacefully with a Seer, yeah that's gonna happen. But at least she can try.

(-2 tipsy, +2 mystagogue)
(just in case ten rerolls: [roll5][roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9])
Fail

[roll10][roll11][roll12][roll13][roll14]
(just in case ten rerolls: [roll15][roll16][roll17][roll18][roll19])
2 suxx

Dropping spatial awareness

[roll20][roll21][roll22]
(just in case ten rerolls: [roll23][roll24][roll25])
1 suxx

Raynn
2016-02-01, 12:29 PM

All

A curt, formal voice with a Germanic accent filled Arianna's (and only Arianna's) ears, though both Arianna and Jake's Unseen Senses trigger "Meet me outside the the front of the hotel. Mages to Mages only."

What do You do?

Ionbound
2016-02-01, 03:11 PM
Kristin

Kristin decides to not interrupt Arianna doing mage-things and instead focuses on comforting Mr. Green. She places one hand on his and says, "Don't worry. You're safe now. Trust me when I say this entire Freehold will keep you safe, however we can. The Lost stand together."

Starsign
2016-02-01, 07:50 PM
Balor
Homecoming, Kin

Balor gives a rough shrug towards Mr. Green. "Seers? Some other group o' mages, right?" As usual, the big guy of the Urban Myths utterly lack the knowledge to understand most things magic. He learned enough from Arianna to understand what magic is but he's quickly lost when one brings up the finer specifics of magic. Hell, right now he feels more comfortable thinking about the so-called Pylon coming her way. "You can hype her all ya want; not gonna stop me from pounding her if she decides bargin' right in." The Beast likes to assert his power and never has there been a better time than this... at least if he was a leader. Maybe he'll lead the Myths one day but for now he sees Arianna has control of the scene.

Balor gives the journal back to Mr. Green. "If this gets loud then you're all gonna need an escape route." The big guy talks like he's just gonna follow Arianna, or at least stay just next to where she'll be. "Arianna's right. We've got a lot of kids here and most of them ain't gonna do much more than stain the floor if they get caught." He looks to the other Myths, knowing they're probably better at this 'escort and retreat' business than he is. "Any of you can get 'em out? I'm probably just gonna go out an' smash those Pylons until they're too scared to come after us." He flashes a wicked smile. The mythical creature Balor is after all a creature of rule and terror which opposes those who think they can stand up to him. Aiden's gotta follow up on that reputation outside of the Circuit Maximus.

smuchmuch
2016-02-02, 07:42 PM
Arianna

That answer kinda came as a surprise.

So let’s see the situation.
She has no particular bargaining chip, only a summary understanding of the situation or knowlege of the other party.
And if it's a trap, or things turn violent, it's a newly minted theorical researcher on her first field trip against an apparently experienced shock (litteraly) trooper

Sounds like a plan

But hey, if this is genuine offer of goodwill, then is there duty to at least atempt to grab it ?
(ANd maybe maybe, just maybe another little part of her mind has to take the opporunity out of curiosity. The Seers are the ennemy, almost bogeyman. How often do you get a chance to jsut talk to one ?)

"Allright. I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Night air can only do me good, I suppose"

The lightning bolts, though…

"Seers? Some other group o' mages, right?"

"Oh yes. A society and a religion. I won’t bore you with the details” (for now, if she survives this, she’s totaly giving a lecture later to whichever unfortunate soul she can trap longe enough to listen to her done on). “and I wouldn’t want to offend our guest who is listening in.“

She gives a meek smile as she resist giving a few desription along the lines of 'Imagine The Sith and the illumnati had an insane fanatic baby' or ‘The finer point of delusional fanaticism and Orwelian rolled in a self serving package’ to just quip “Let's just say some people believe that Paradise is better kept Lost and if you Serve in Hell long enough you get to Rule in Heaven. Think of them as our ‘Loyalists’" Arriana comments distractedly takes a pen and quickly scribble on a small folded paper:
"She Wnt talk Mage 2 Mage outside . If I get hurt contact number. *phone number* ☖ Should help"

"Tough to be fair I like to think they genuinely see themselves as defender of reallity” Arianna concede, feeing she may have been a little one sided.. And that she could respect, but even if it’s true there can’t possibly be enough to redeem the lot of them. "They are very... devoted" Arianna smile sheepishly while ding the cuckoo' hand to temple gesture "but I just can't condomne the most excessives methods." Besides even if maybe there were things in Magic that should not be triffled with, it is no reason to throw the baby with the bathwater because some petty (admitedly godly) tyrants said so.

"May I ?" If Mr Green doesn't object or hold it too tighly, she gently takes the brown journal and quickly lipps through a few pages, atempting to see if she can get a vague idea of what all the damn fuss is about before she goes out of the room and down.

Int+occult roll if necessary for that last thing.
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5]
ten rerolls, you know the drill. ([roll6][roll7][roll8][roll9][roll10])

edit: Uh crap sorry.

Note: Before/when you transport Arianna to the door, she may want to cast a ouple of spells on the way to the front door. also while she'll go to the dor, she won't actult step outside sjut yet.

Eonn
2016-02-05, 04:50 PM
Will
Beastal Influiences, Family Ties, Homecoming

"So, am I the only one thinking we should grab a few of the summer guy and get ready for a fight?" Will says, glancing out a window as if he expects to spot whoever attacked Mr. Green and his Cabal.