PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a race

Hydra207
2015-11-22, 11:46 PM
I'm looking for help building a race, i have some the basics down i mainly need a name they are humanoid rabbit creatures akin to the appearance of the rabbits from overgrowth the basics are generally a race based of confidence and dexterity think the stats if the Drow but I need a name and race proficiencies, to state i am not directly reskinning the drow but i'm basing my stats of the base of them being the 2 dexterity and 1 charisma but i need help figuring out the racial fetures maybe as feature once per turn can disengage from one creature by jumping backwards ten feet or something i've had some names reccomended to me - rabbits being lagomorphs a name like Lageau, Lageaux, L'geau, all pronounced the same, the French word for rabbit (Lapin) So you could take that as the root and end up with something like lapinins or laplings, these are direct quotes, Lops as a name might fit. After the lop breeds, as recommended by one of the people i'm going to chuck this on this forum to see the opinion of more people.

nikkoli
2015-11-23, 12:40 AM
What edition is this for?

Nobot
2015-11-23, 07:39 AM
If it's for a not too serious setting, you could consider giving them an 'overwhelming cuteness' effect that paralyzes the onlooker or gives bonuses to soft skills. Or perhaps a 'delicious' disadvantage that causes them to be the prime target of predatory animals.

If the setting is serious (although the presence of huge bunnies implies otherwise to me), I would definitely go with jump bonus/reducing jump max height or distance restrictions. You could also consider a burrow ability or a bonus to escape artist or similar skills or similar.

As for the name, I think your suggestions are fine! You could also have a look at a list of breeds (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rabbit_breeds) and take a cool name from there. 'Teddywidder' is a definite win.

By the way, the post is a bit difficult to read due to the lack of paragraphs and full stops. I think people might have an easier time reading and thus respond more easily if you have a look at that for your next post :smallsmile:

Hydra207
2015-11-23, 05:19 PM
What edition is this for?
Sorry i forgot to list that, this is for 5e