PDA

View Full Version : Poison Master [PrC]

Aiylithe
2007-06-03, 07:36 PM
Poison Master

For many a bold and creative (and morally dubious) adventurer out there, ordinary weapons simply aren't enough. For these happy people, poisons are a suitable fulfillment to this need for something more. A Poison Master's expertise in the creation of poisons as well as her resistance to them make her a formidable foe.

Prerequisites:
Skills:
Craft: Poisonmaking (10 Ranks), Appraise (5 Ranks)
Alignment:
Any Non-Good
Special:
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Must have successfully used poison in combat

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Poison Save +1, Craft Check +2, Poisonsense, Safe Application

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Poison Save +2

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Poison Save +3, Craft Check +4, Antidote

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Poison Save +4, Emergency Antidote

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Poison Save +5, Craft Check +6, Modus Operandi[/table]

Poison Save: The save DC of your created poisons goes up, as well as your fort save to resist the effects of any poisons.

Poisonsense: You can identify any poison by either its effects or its ingredients by making an appraise check against the save DC of the poison, adding a +2 to your check for every 5 ranks you possess in Craft: Poisonmaking.

Safe Application: A Poison Master has no risk of poisoning himself while applying poison to a blade.

Antidote: A Craft: Poisonmaking check can now also be used to make an antidote for a poison, at the same cost and DC that it would take to create the poison. This works like a regular Craft check. You must identify the poison before you can create and antidote.

Emergency Antidote: When someone is dying of poison, it's sometimes hard to wait for an antidote to be created. A temporary antidote can be created from the poison itself if a few drops of it can be obtained (obtaining poison from a wound is a full round action and deals 1d4 points of damage to the poisoned character, who must be standing or lying still in a non-threatened square). The creation DC for the antidote is 1.5x, rounded up, the regular creation DC (all bonuses you may possess still apply), and creating the antidote is a full-round action. The temporary antidote suspends any and all effects of the poison for one week, at the end of which time the effects and save DC are doubled if the person has not been fully cured.

Modus Operandi: Your constant creation and use of a specific poison renders you immune to its effects and makes it much easier to craft.

Choose a specific poison. In addition to being immune to that poison, you now gain an additional +4 to both its Save DC and Craft: Poisonmaking checks when trying to create that specific poison. The cost of obtaining the ingredients is also reduced by 1/3 (rounding down). You can only pick a poison whose save DC is equal to or less than your bonus to Craft: Poisonmaking skill.

For example, if your bonus to Craft: Poisonmaking was +25 (bonuses obtained from this class stack with synergy bonuses and any other bonuses you may possess), any poison with a save DC of 25 or less could be chosen. The +4 obtained from this ability does not apply until after the poison has been chosen.

Shades of Gray
2007-06-05, 06:38 PM
Sounds really cool. You could explain what the Craft Check +2,4, and 6 means.

Great,Now I have to decide if I want my rogue to have the assasin or poisonmaster class...

Mr. Moogle
2007-06-05, 06:44 PM
Awsome Im totaly using this for a rouge assasin in my party

Wraithy
2007-06-06, 08:19 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44758
might be helpful

Aiylithe
2007-06-06, 11:10 AM
Your class is cooler than mine, Wraithy. :smallwink:

Thanks for all the nice feedback! ^_^

Jalor
2007-06-06, 11:18 AM
Excellent work. I like it because it's not too crazy, with few rules deviations or strange abilities. I also like its clear focus.