PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Scimitar of Speed.

Alejandro
2015-11-23, 09:48 AM
So, last night we managed (barely) to capture some delicious dragon loot. Among the spoils is a scimitar of speed (+2).

My PC is a 7th level Fighter(Battlemaster)/2nd level Paladin. I'm also now allowed to gain a level. :)

I have the Dueling and Defense fighting styles, and use a rapier+1 and a buckler (shield.) Dexterity of 20, Defensive Duelist feat.

Any input welcome: How best to use this lovely scimitar? I was thinking fill its attacks with smites and Menacing Attacks for lots of delicious bonus damage.

Take an 8th fighter level, and get a feat? At first I thought, ooh, dual wielding... but it appears the scimitar of speed isn't compatible with TWF. Some other feat that might be better?

Or, take my 3rd Paladin level and get my Oath, which will be Vengeance, and then using fun things like Enmity to get advantage on all the scimitar attacks, or casting Hunter's Mark to put bonus damage on them all.

Alejandro
2015-11-24, 09:53 AM
Bump? Or is either choice just as good?

Zman
2015-11-24, 10:00 AM
Umm, it is a ridiculously powerful sowed for your level, isn't it Legendary?

Anyway, basically anything that you did before just gets that much better. And yes, Emnity is crazy good and would benefit you. 8th level of fighter provides a nice stat increase or feat which is hard to say no to.

Alejandro
2015-11-24, 10:04 AM
No, it's Very Rare. Seems legit to be part of an adult dragon's stash.

Temperjoke
2015-11-24, 10:31 AM
Honestly, I'd say pick up the 3rd level, that's one of the big bench marks for paladins and it'll give a big boost of power.

Alejandro
2015-11-24, 10:52 AM
Honestly, I'd say pick up the 3rd level, that's one of the big bench marks for paladins and it'll give a big boost of power.

Thanks. :) You're right, I'd love to combine Hunter's Mark with 3 scimitar attacks a round. With Advantage on them all if necessary. :)